Chathams sponsorship

Martin67

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I referred to my own (short) post above - someone else posted in between times.

Don't go looking for intrigue that isn't there.

Rich - really rich.:rolleyes:

What is this thread about?

For seemingly intelligent people far too many posters on this board show themselves up

Do people not realise debate does not involve going "im right your a hobo"

Im sure your all right, our club is not screwed, its all Hbos's and the SFA's fault despite the fact the issues affected no one else

I find it hard to believe at times that posters on this website are not on the payroll with the stuff they come out with

Its impossible to believe any true fan would not be concerned about the recent going on's or would openly defend them

Rich - really rich.:rolleyes:

What is this thread about?

As I said before, I wasn't looking to stir anything up and half regret starting the thread. I simply asked if anyone had heard anything, though I won't get too bothered about it until there is (or isn't) an official announcement.

Even then, I've no idea how important the Chatham sponsorship is to us.

givememychoice

ok, the car market is largely in freefall. Take my dad's honda accord which we have been trying to sell. Its good nick, low mileage for the year (2000) FDSH and its almost impossible to flog it. More modern 2nd hand cars are similarly dirt cheap. Now, this has left the car sellers with a serious problem. A) new car sales are way down due to cheaper 2nd hand cars and the credit crunch B) they arent able to make nearly as much on the 2nd hand cars they have. They were given used as part exchange when the value of them was considerably more. Now, its likely that they were in effect "bought" for more than they can now be sold. Money is thus very tight and in that situation, any company board would look at reducing costs. Marketing can be one of those areas. Therefore it doesnt surprise me that this may be about to happen.

For seemingly intelligent people far too many posters on this board show themselves up

Im sure your all right, our club is not screwed, its all Hbos's and the SFA's fault despite the fact the issues affected no one else

I find it hard to believe at times that posters on this website are not on the payroll with the stuff they come out with

Its impossible to believe any true fan would not be concerned about the recent going on's or would openly defend them

I find it hard to believe some are not on Hibs.net's payroll.

Hey, you may be right - EVERY SINGLE thing about this club may be dragging us down the drain - I don't know, but the fact is NEITHER do you.

The endless speculation, the mixing of every rumour with every whisper and bolting them on to a few facts here and there are frankly dull and devisive.

EVERY club has it's negatives - I'm thankful that we are not Hibs, Aberdeen, The OF and the rest TBH because when you balance it I'd rather be a Jambo for all of our problems.

I don't WANT to be depressed ALL the time - It is football to me, a tribal thing, something to bring us all along feeling good - it's NOT about how rubbish we could possibly be, it is about hope for how good we COULD be.

In the absence of seeing you with a collection bucket outside Tynecastle for SOH 2 or hearing of news of your latest demonstration - which I could respect BTW - all you can do is speculate.

You prefer to look for the doom - a factor you have in common with those of a green persuasion even if you are a truly concerned Jambo - I prefer to see hope, optimism and be a fan who supports my team and WANTS to see it do well.

This is devastating news if true.

I've been a guest of Chatham's at many a hospitality occasion and quite enjoy a few beers so I am hoping that continues in the future!

I am sure we have more to worry about to be honest.

OUR club??

You still PRETENDING to be a Hearts fan then?

Nearly 9000 posts and you can count your POSITIVE posts about Hearts on one hand.

I just seen a post on hobos.net saying that Hearts have been "dumped" by Chathams.

I would have thought that a sponsor couldn't just walk away from a deal unless they were struggling themselves.

Probably the usual guff, but has anyone heard anything?

I can't see this posted anywhere on .net. :cool:

I can't see this posted anywhere on .net. :cool:

I can't see it now either. It was definitely on before - I was in my hobo neighbour's house and his laddie pointed it out to me.

J.T.F.Robertson
Ok Prancer. You're spot on. What do you want us to do?

If we all agreed with him. he'd go on a "Vlad defensive". :P

It's the "individual" in him. :rolleyes:

You really should get out more or at least find another hobby (Hobo)!!!!!

This has absolutely nothing to do with a "protest" by Chathams and everything to do with the motor trade going through one of the hardest times it has experienced, at least within the last 20-30 years.

The likeliehood of this deal being dropeed was told to me in confidence about 6 weeks ago by a salesman at Chatham Skoda, from whom I just bought a car, and I was asking if they still did hospitality (a rather large hint for a freebie which didn't work). It looks like it is finally in the open.

It stuns me how many Conspiracy-Theories-R-Us members we have and that they look for the negative spin to put on everything.

Chad Sexington
This has absolutely nothing to do with a "protest" by Chathams and everything to do with the motor trade going through one of the hardest times it has experienced, at least within the last 20-30 years.

The likeliehood of this deal being dropeed was told to me in confidence about 6 weeks ago by a salesman at Chatham Skoda, from whom I just bought a car, and I was asking if they still did hospitality (a rather large hint for a freebie which didn't work). It looks like it is finally in the open.

It stuns me how many Conspiracy-Theories-R-Us members we have and that they look for the negative spin to put on everything.

It's the wonder of the internet mate.

It gives every bedroom fantasist and social inadequate a platform and audience they would never have had in the past.

portobellojambo1
the car industry in general is experiencing tough times. No surprise that they are thinking of reducing sponsorship.

All industries, all sectors, are either experiencing tough times already or will in the very near future. And in tough times people/businesses tighten their belts and try to spend less. For many companies that involves cutting back on perks, which will involve withdrawal of corporate packages in many cases, and ongoing sponsorship deals if they are involved in that side as well.

If Chathams have withdrawn their sponsorship, and there is nothing anywhere other than across the road to suggest they have, it seems quite understandable in the present circumstances. You put sponsorship money into something in the hope you get something back out, through the name link and associated advertising. In a time where car sales are down, and I will have to take the words of those who drive or are in the industry that that is the case (neither applies to me) I suspect Chathams are getting nothing in return at the moment, so logic would suggest that they stop the investment, either permanently or temporarily. I do not think they will be the only company to do this, and I do not think HMFC will be the only club to suffer.

Will actually be interesting to see how much money The Royal Bank of Scotland, for example, plough into golf in the coming 12 months.

EDIT - Apologies, read half the thread and then posted, just read Derek's post above.

Ladies and Gentlemen ,

I do not post a lot on here and have nevr really agreed with prancers negative spin on everything Hearts, but this time I think we are agreed.

We seem to share the same source and please be assured this has nothing to do with a credit crunch and all to do with Mr Chatams disgust at the way our once great club is being run.

From what I have been told hearts are trying to rush together a package with Citroen for the staff but in the mean time are taking delivery of Nissan micras, yes micras for the staff and this includes our assistant manager.

Is this really how our club should look to others.

I have stood by and taken what has been going on scince day one but I have grave concerns for the club as it is now and its not just about cars I can assure you , bot what can one man do.

Inever thought I would say this but Vlad please GTF.

Apps for the spelling, And I aint no sheep.

Shaking with rage (or is it the drink)

Parra.

Geoff Kilpatrick
If we all agreed with him. he'd go on a "Vlad defensive". :P

It's the "individual" in him. :rolleyes:

Indeed.

Honestly though, I love the way he starts a thread, has a go at other people and then says nothing. Again, where's the call to action?

who actually cares about chathams sure companies chop and change sopnsors all the time car companies are the first to feel the credit crunch so dont have money to spend here even if they wanted to this is just another thing for the hobos to have wet dreams about well done.

who actually cares about chathams sure companies chop and change sopnsors all the time car companies are the first to feel the credit crunch so dont have money to spend here even if they wanted to this is just another thing for the hobos to have wet dreams about well done.

Punctuation isn't really your thing, is it?

the truth is that the current sponsorship deals by chathams to hearts and hibs are coming to an end. the hearts sponsorship is much bigger than hibs.

chathams m.d. campbell has been at the last couple of hall of fame evenings sponsoring the last one.

for anyone to suggest he is pulling out of hearts because the way they are run is the type of childish mischiefmaking you would expect to read in the tabloids and not from a so called educated hearts fan .

prancer why don't you give it a break and stop your silly old wifies tales spreading malicious gossip and downright lies.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You-Are-Seizure_deserving.gif

the truth is that the current sponsorship deals by chathams to hearts and hibs are coming to an end. the hearts sponsorship is much bigger than hibs.

chathams m.d. campbell has been at the last couple of hall of fame evenings sponsoring the last one.

for anyone to suggest he is pulling out of hearts because the way they are run is the type of childish mischiefmaking you would expect to read in the tabloids and not from a so called educated hearts fan .

prancer why don't you give it a break and stop your silly old wifies tales spreading malicious gossip and downright lies.

Because he cant help himself?!

Punctuation isn't really your thing, is it?

lol no I was in the bad classes at school i should have stuck in doens't mean my words are invalid though just if i can't exoress myself well at least i try.

Lets arrange a boycott of Chathams honda!

We can stand outside with big signs and hold them up at 2 designated times over a period of 90 minutes.

:rolleyes:

J.T.F.Robertson
lol no I was in the bad classes at school i should have stuck in doens't mean my words are invalid though just if i can't exoress myself well at least i try.

You tell him, son! :)

In a few million years, when someone's excavating the remnants of our "civilisation", it'll make as much sense to them as Egyptian heiroglyphics made to us.

What's wrong with a Nissan Micra? Easier to park in the City, better fuel efficiency, greener, .... oh aye - there's the problem right enough!

As would we if there was a crisis which affected their finances

And for the record the information was shared with me long before the thread appeared on here, far more likely the hobo got the info off here

The rumours of investigations into VAT irregularities will no doubt pop up over there soon too, along with the fact that there are massive redundancies, investigations into restructuring/administration and also disputes between the club and Dalmahoy, but hey dont worry its all bitter hibbies

I think of more concern is Prancers quote above -- he has openly stated that there may be investigations into VAT irregularities -- quite a charge to lay -- just one thing though -- he seems to take a lot of pleasure in knocking us down to prove his points -- sometimes though perhaps he should be more careful in what he writes or he may find himself in legal trouble. If not proved then leaves himself open to action.

marshallschunkychicken
I think of more concern is Prancers quote above -- he has openly stated that there may be investigations into VAT irregularities -- quite a charge to lay -- just one thing though -- he seems to take a lot of pleasure in knocking us down to prove his points -- sometimes though perhaps he should be more careful in what he writes or he may find himself in legal trouble. If not proved then leaves himself open to action.

I'd very much agree with ALL of that. :thumb:

6a00d83452654869e200e55282a8928834-500pi

:laugh:

Hey! Leave that to me!!

Anyway, what is this thread about? Loss of revenue or something? I'm sure every football club is losing revenue from somewhere, why should Ribs be any different?

Francis Albert

In the midst of a recession going on a depression a sponsor may have withdrawn its sponsorship. Could this possibly be because the sponsor is cutting its budget?

No, there must be a more obvious explanation.

Independence
Hey! Leave that to me!!

Anyway, what is this thread about? Loss of revenue or something? I'm sure every football club is losing revenue from somewhere, why should Ribs be any different?

Spot on!

The Hibs have already stated that they are shelving their current plans to build their new stand!

Independence
Ladies and Gentlemen ,

I do not post a lot on here and have nevr really agreed with prancers negative spin on everything Hearts, but this time I think we are agreed.

We seem to share the same source and please be assured this has nothing to do with a credit crunch and all to do with Mr Chatams disgust at the way our once great club is being run.

From what I have been told hearts are trying to rush together a package with Citroen for the staff but in the mean time are taking delivery of Nissan micras, yes micras for the staff and this includes our assistant manager.

Is this really how our club should look to others.

I have stood by and taken what has been going on scince day one but I have grave concerns for the club as it is now and its not just about cars I can assure you , bot what can one man do.

Inever thought I would say this but Vlad please GTF.

Apps for the spelling, And I aint no sheep.

Shaking with rage (or is it the drink)

Parra.

Shaking with rage!!!!! Step off the jelly!!!!

Heres another spin. Perhaps Chatams, like nearly all businesses just now, are feeling the pinch and want to break their sponsorship deals. Instead of admitting that they are in financial trouble they blame Hearts!!!!!

Now I do not know if this is true but it sounds just as credible as some of the nonsense on this thread from Prancer the Chancer.

Chatams should make a statement to retain their credibility!

Och, wheest. The whole message-board-posts-lead-to-legal-action is totally overplayed.

Stewart MacD

'Bout time the players did something about their fitness and cycled to work. Perhaps Chris Hoy could recommend a sponsor.

So, the bottom line is that people like Chervenkov or the Bulgarian doctor guy will not have a free Skoda fabia but will indeed have to either buy a car, take the bus or share a lift.

steve_ballmer_am_i_bovvered.jpg

I was speaking to one of the reps for Chatham Honda last week when he popped into our office and he confirmed that hearts were no longer using their cars and were looking at citreon .

He said they were no longer going to sponsor hearts although would be keeping their table in the gorgie suite .

Nothing was mentioned about Mr Chathams views about the way our club is being run , but that does not mean it is not true .

The sponsorship may still be running as i assume it is a type of contract and that they will just not be renewing it , or at least thats how I understood it .

I was speaking to one of the reps for Chatham Honda last week when he popped into our office and he confirmed that hearts were no longer using their cars and were looking at citreon .

He said they were no longer going to sponsor hearts although would be keeping their table in the gorgie suite .

Nothing was mentioned about Mr Chathams views about the way our club is being run , but that does not mean it is not true .

The sponsorship may still be running as i assume it is a type of contract and that they will just not be renewing it , or at least thats how I understood it .

could it not be that chatham are not selling many cars now, due to the crunch, and as a result they cannot afford to continue with the generous sponsorship.:booze:

Seymour M Hersh
Well firstly I doubt its 20p far more likely 20k plus

Secondly chathams also offer cars to the staff and players etc, without this it withdraws a benefit the club could offer people, now im sure the likes of nade dont care but the backroom staff, youths and lesser paid players are very likely too

Thirdly if the reasons I have heard are true then its of massive concern as anyone walking away due to business/financial mismanagement is of massive concern

Finally its this coupled with other issues and rumours that lead people to think our club is sincerly screwed

It's certainly what you are desperate to happen. I did chuckle at your "I've been told/I've heard" comments. Are you a car valeter for Chathams?

If Mr Chatham is p'd off with the way the club is being run, i can't see Mr Chatham pumping money into the club with no 'publicity' attached(table in gorgie suite), yet stopping investment in the club that did give him publicity

Well firstly I doubt its 20p far more likely 20k plus

Secondly chathams also offer cars to the staff and players etc, without this it withdraws a benefit the club could offer people, now im sure the likes of nade dont care but the backroom staff, youths and lesser paid players are very likely too

Thirdly if the reasons I have heard are true then its of massive concern as anyone walking away due to business/financial mismanagement is of massive concern

Finally its this coupled with other issues and rumours that lead people to think our club is sincerly screwed

How many of the youth team or TO staff have you seen running around in a Chatham sponsored car?

If (and it is if) this is true then it's probably down to the fact that Chathams, like most companys are reviewing there sponsorship/hospitality budgets in the present economic climate.

But hey, that wouldn't be negative enough for you so you wheel out another of your mystery 'sources' (do you have one for every topic) that says it's all Hearts fault

Archived