Chathams sponsorship

Martin67

marshallschunkychicken
If Mr Chatham is p'd off with the way the club is being run, i can't see Mr Chatham pumping money into the club with no 'publicity' attached(table in gorgie suite), yet stopping investment in the club that did give him publicity

That crossed my mind as well.

It?s a pretty tame protest to retain all of your corporate facilities if you?re hacked off at the running of the regime.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chathams would be bonkers to walk away because the club is badly run... they'll be gaining publicity every time some one logs on to the site and cameras are at the games.

I think the likely story would be they are cutting back on all marketing (we've had tons of calls from people wanting out of agreements at my work and we are the most successful in our field....)

mod edit

Mods go easy on me... this question is based on the prancer formula... 1+1 = what ever you think could be the best / worst scenario.

Guest juvehearts

and this is a big thing because?

no really because what?

some car dealership has/is withdrawing their sponcership of Hearts?!

just wait till tomorrow's ot tonight's EEN/daily ranger.

FRONT PAGE NEWS i tell ye

If Mr Chatham is p'd off with the way the club is being run, i can't see Mr Chatham pumping money into the club with no 'publicity' attached(table in gorgie suite), yet stopping investment in the club that did give him publicity

To be fair I did not say that mr Chatham was peed off with Hearts , that came from other posters , He is keeping the table perhaps for the same reason they have always had it - For corporate , taking his customers to the football etc .

We do that sometimes but are not an official sponsor , A lot of his customers are used to this treatment ! lol .

Art Vanderlay

Here's an idea.

Every time one of these wee crackers pops up on the list of threads, everyone should just agree with Prancer or whoever the OP is.

"Spot on". "Right you are". "What he said". "Here here" [sic]

The thread will die a death and that pain in people's collective ass will subside.

john brownlee

with a story like this you would have thought the evening hobo hobsman would have had banner headlines until then treat it as manufactured poo

with a story like this you would have thought the evening hobo hobsman would have had banner headlines until then treat it as manufactured poo

I give it less than 24 hours.

stirlingshirejambo
most of all the cars that the backroom staff, coaches and some of the players drive are all skodas

on lunch so not got time to read all thread so apologies if mentioned elsewhere.

Skodas I presume are supplied by Chatham as it is not only Hondas they do but they own Skoda garage too

If the Chathams are unhappy with the way the club is being run then I can believe that, afterall plenty of fans are of the same opinion.

What I would be surprised about about is if Chathams pulled out of deal for that personal reason. Surely the reason would have to be if the deal wasn't financially helping the company

It's certainly what you are desperate to happen. I did chuckle at your "I've been told/I've heard" comments. Are you a car valeter for Chathams?

At the very least I think he's been sucking the exhausts !

Chathams have discontinued their sponsorship with Hearts because they (Chathams) are in deep financial trouble and cannot pay for their various franchises. Their stock will be returned and facilities closed over the next week.

I have no idea if this is true, (I just made it up) but deserves to be presented as fact just as much as any other so called reason on here or on deluded.net.

chathams have dumped both hibs and hearts being nothing nothing more that not being cost affective as they only get some free advertising from it citroen now supply hearts and are looking to do the same with hibs

I dont think its been finished due to it being of no use to hearts

The way I have heard it is that Chathams do not agree with the way the club is being run both financially and ethically and have opted not to enter into any new agreements

That apart I cant see them breaching any existing contracts so I would imagine it will gradually end although this is definitly not through the clubs choice

So congratulations vlad thats more money lost

Don't think it was financial sponsorship, more the availability of cars for players and other "football related" staff. The players obtaining the benefit were required to make themselves available for a quota of sponsor events.

If the Club still has "club cars" then we probably have moved to another supplier.

this_is_my_story
I just seen a post on hobos.net saying that Hearts have been "dumped" by Chathams.

I would have thought that a sponsor couldn't just walk away from a deal unless they were struggling themselves.

Probably the usual guff, but has anyone heard anything?

Q.E.D. :)

I spoke to a couple of contacts I have in the Motor trade today - one had heard nothing about this - the other had heard that this arrangement was terminated as it suited both parties. Certainly does not sound like the high drama the certain people would have had us all believe.

Lets arrange a boycott of Chathams honda!

Having read this thread I'm proud to say I sold my Honda five months ago and therefore no longer have any business transactions with Chathams. That'll teach them.

Chesney drives a huge white Merc

He'll be suffering in the wallet as he's not getting a game. Driving a car like that I can only assume he is doing some private hire work to boost his income.

Chesney drives a huge white Merc with LT plates, I think.

He'll be suffering in the wallet as he's not getting a game. Driving a car like that I can only assume he is doing some private hire work to boost his income.

Definitely still driving it. Saw him today coming out of Riccarton.

Huge white Merc saloon with chrome wheels.

The Chinchilla
My apologies then - what do you think? do you think that Graeme P Chatham Ltd have decided to pull thier sponsorship?

Do you think it is as a negative reaction to Hearts?

If so' date=' why would this not have happened when things were worse last season?

Is there any possibility that this could be a mutual thing?

[b']Is there any possibility that with car sales down dramatically and credit tight that it, even if true, it may actually be a commercial decision unrelated to Hearts?[/[/b]QUOTE]

Sales of new cars have hit an all time low. It would not surprise me if Chathams along with a host of other businesses were reviewing ALL their sponsorship arrangements.

Of course if that was the case it wouldn't suit some people's agendas.

The sack cloth and ashes clan love this sort of thing.

Couldn't agree more. Loads of companies are looking to get out of sponsorship deals if they possibly can. Lots of advertising revenues down too so companies tightening belts all over the place.

Charlie-Brown
Definitely still driving it. Saw him today coming out of Riccarton.

Huge white Merc saloon with chrome wheels.

With Lithuanian plates - his mate who sometimes posts on here has a luxury cars business.

I work for a Nissan dealership. I don't know what's going on with Chathams but I know for a fact that Hearts are now having their cars supplied by Park's Motor Group, the same Park's who supply the team bus. Park's have a number of franchises but are predominantly Nissan so expect to see a flurry of Qashqais around Riccarton and Tynie. Park's also has a Bentley garage and a couple of BMW so maybe Shabba will get something a little flasher.

New UK car registrations fell 21% in September, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) has announced.

This is the fifth consecutive month that the SMMT has reported falls in new car registrations.

In further evidence that the current financial crisis is hitting the wider economy, year-to-date registrations are down 7.5%.

The SMMT is urging the government to take action to restore confidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7654648.stm

:rolleyes:

heartsfc_fan

The Chathams sponsor sign was still at pitch side on saturday, so from that I assume they are still with us

There will always be a certain level of corporate sponsorship - a local company taking a bunch of mates/customers for a meal and drinks at Hearts - but maybe only for the big games. The big gap where the 'suits' normally sit has been very apparent at the not so attractive home games this season.

The club engaged a serious media industry company to find a sponsor - a worldwide search came up with Ukio Bankas.

The car sponsorship has been replaced with another.

Attendance numbers are dropping.

It is not great news for the Hearts brand really.

The Chathams sponsor sign was still at pitch side on saturday, so from that I assume they are still with us

I know a company who once paid ?75 for a prime sponsor board at Tynecastle for one game only, live on TV. It was left up for 9 months!

I know a boy who works for Chathams and he told us after the game on Saturday that there is nothing sinister in the deal ending - thats all that's happened, the contract was up for renewal and Hearts reckon they have secured a better deal with some Citroen outfit from the weege if memory serves me right!

I am "that boy who works for Chathams".

The contract was up for renewal (as it was at the start of every season), after a lot of negotiation on both sides the club decided that they would go with the "cheaper" option of Citreons from Parks(although there wasn't alot in it). I think some of the reason behind the decision was that it was just time for a change. We have been involved with the club, and vice versa for six years......time to move on and from Chatham's point of view, I think, we will not be surprised to see Hearts come back to negotiate with us at some time in the future.

The service they received from us was excellent, not least because we're only two minutes down the road, but also the quality of the product....Citreon's reliability is a bit like the "St. Johnstone option" compared to Honda's Champion's League standard.

BTW none of this represents an official statement from Chatham's, although the facts are accurate, the rest of it is just my opinion.

Ron Burgundy

The contract was up for renewal (as it was at the start of every season), after a lot of negotiation on both sides the club decided that they would go with the "cheaper" option of Citreons from Parks(although there wasn't alot in it). I think some of the reason behind the decision was that it was just time for a change. We have been involved with the club, and vice versa for six years......time to move on and from Chatham's point of view, I think, we will not be surprised to see Hearts come back to negotiate with us at some time in the future.

The service they received from us was excellent, not least because we're only two minutes down the road, but also the quality of the product....Citreon's reliability is a bit like the "St. Johnstone option" compared to Honda's Champion's League standard.

BTW none of this represents an official statement from Chatham's, although the facts are accurate, the rest of it is just my opinion.

Stop stirring things up by introducing facts and stuff like that.

Some so called supporters will not accept that version of events as it doesn't involve Vlad dressed as a vampire slaughtering infants.

Surely this will find its way into the Hibsman in the morning and the EEN at mid-day then we will all know for sure.

Well, we did get a call from the Daily Rangers.

Whats your role with Chathams?

Its just with all due respect if your a mechanic or valeter your post really could be of little benefit, if your a senior director etc then it wont be.

For example I very much doubt HBOS's customer service staff know a lot about the takeover ins and outs whereas the CEO and board would

Chathams putting out the official line to staff of all levels isnt necessary the actual reason

I haven't posted for quite a while on this forum, then this thread was drawn to my attention at the weekend. Having read the full thread, MODEDIT

Almost every piece of his posts , which are presented as "FACT" appear to be the ramblings of a paranoid and deranged mind. His "source" who purports to know the innner workings of Chathams and our Managing director (who's name he can only guess at) is presumably a small green friend who lives in one of the toadstools at the bottom of his garden and can only been spoken to by Prancer himself as no one else can see him.

I've never heard anyone at our company say the reason we are no longer involved with the club is because of the way the club is run. If we were to be annoyed about our companies' relationship with either of the clubs it would be with the wee team down the road....but that's a whole other story and one I'm not prepared to put into print.

I'm astonished that this thread has now run to four pages.

IT'S SIMPLE, THE CONTRACT WAS UP, BOTH PARTIES DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO MOVE ON.

That really is the end of it. Good night.

Independence

My goodness FACTS!!!!

Prancer, coco , Drylaw Hearts etc will not like this!!!!!!

Its just with all due respect if your a mechanic or valeter your post really could be of little benefit, if your a senior director etc then it wont be.

For example I very much doubt HBOS's customer service staff know a lot about the takeover ins and outs whereas the CEO and board would

Chathams putting out the official line to staff of all levels isnt necessary the actual reason

See what I mean, opinion presented as fact.

I do have a senior position in the company and have worked there for over ten years, the official line, as you call it is the only line, we are a small tight-knit company and we don't go in for conspiracies. I could tell you all the in and out's of the negotiations, but frankly IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Next you'll be telling us it wasn't Lee Harvey Oswald that shot JFK.

Plonker.

Independence

I feel so sorry for you!!!!

Very, very sad!

ToadKiller Dog

Maybe Prancer should name his source and show to us how his source would be more likely to know the real facts than someone who claims to work at chathams as prancer and his source have been the main runner for this thread?

lost in leith
I dont think its been finished due to it being of no use to hearts

The way I have heard it is that Chathams do not agree with the way the club is being run both financially and ethically and have opted not to enter into any new agreements

That apart I cant see them breaching any existing contracts so I would imagine it will gradually end although this is definitly not through the clubs choice

So congratulations vlad thats more money lost

Any chance of you accepting that you are talking a lot of Tom Kite on this topic? Raised the issue with The Crofter on Saturday. He has posted the true story. Of course he may not really work for Chathams, in which case he did a great job blagging us in to their corporate hospitality table at Tynie on more than one occasion :P

portobellojambo1

An employee of Chatham's version or Prancer's version, I just don't know who to fecking believe on this one. :P

Any chance of you accepting that you are talking a lot of Tom Kite on this topic?...

Only on this topic!!!!!!?

Just to confirm Crofters info. I was in Chathams in Dunfermline tonight picking up my new car and asked the guys I have known for a few years the details, I got verbatim the same story as Crofter gave. BTW Crofter if you speak to the guy over there one of them was trying to get me into corpy any help much appreciated ;).

I walked into Hbos this afternoon and asked the cashier if they where in the crap.

She said no so you heard it here first :)

I always love when people ask someone about a story nothing to do with them and try and use the fobbed off response as fact

At the end of the day I simply shared what I was told, I also would suggest that its very common for companies not to tell staff and the public stuff - it happens in my own company where the staff outwith regional office are told outright lies at times about policy.

I dont know crofters and have no reason to doubt he is in high enough a position to know the truth but the fact is it seems there are far too many rumours about this club for it to be all smoke with no fire

time for yer bed prancer,you have beat us all again enticing us to reply to all your utter nonsensical p***

Everyone, the employee, who has "a senior position in the company" is lying.

Prancer's desperate ramblings are the real truth. Only he and Mr Chatham know the truth.

Everyone, the employee, who has "a senior position in the company" is lying.

Prancer's desperate ramblings are the real truth. Only he and Mr Chatham know the truth.

What one person thinks is senior doesnt necessary match everyones expectations

Im sure there are plenty of "senior" people who dont know things they think they do or should out there

Im not saying thats the case here, just simply someone being or think their senior doesnt mean they get told everything or know everything

I.e would chathams senior mechanic need to know this?

That is simply an example

Im sure there are plenty of "senior" people who dont know things they think they do or should out there

Im not saying thats the case here, just simply someone being or think their senior doesnt mean they get told everything or know everything

The only rumours are those started by yourself Prancer -- without your post no one would have been talking about this.

Even with what appears to be genuine info to discredit your story you fight your corner based upon your own rumour -- nice try though.

J.T.F.Robertson

There I was, a-diggin' this 'ole

'Ole in the ground, so big and sort o' round it was

And there was I, diggin' it deep

It was flat at the bottom and the sides were steep

:rolleyes:

lost in leith

Would love to know who your source is within Chathams - the toilet cleaner perhaps? The point of the matter is that your post (post 8) is either based on you making things up, or you accepting the word of someone who clearly has no idea what is going on.

You often make valid criticisms of the way in which the club is run, but nobody can take you seriously when you continue to try and defend fabricated nonsense like this.

Not sure what The Crofter will make of your patronising and ill-informed comments since he last posted - I look forward to his reaction tomorrow night. He will of course be too busy in his senior role at Chathams to read KB during the day :P

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Oh my god.

This is painfull watching Prancer backtrack and try and dig his way out of this.

Deary me. :sad:

Archived