do you have faith in romanov to build new stand?

Guest jambomickey

do you have faith in vlad to build new main stand  

1 member has voted

1. 1. do you have faith in vlad to build new main stand

• yes
    • no

Guest jambomickey
Anderton was doing a good job, but you can't congratulate him for the record season tickets (which probably had more to do with seeing the back of the Pieman) without acknowledging the huge losses we made in that same season.

Sacking Burley was nothing short of a disgrace.

Being linked with Sir Bobby Robson and Ranieri were negative points if you ask me, we would never have been able to afford them or the players that they would have wanted to bring.

Appointing Rix was a joke, and nothing to do with his criminal record (which has feck all to do with football anyway, unless you are that thin skinned that you let idiots singing immature songs affect you). I am also a Oxford United fan and knew that the guy wasn't good enough to manage a pub team let alone Hearts.

Our signing policy is what it is, there have been some good signings, there has been far more dross.

Webster, I couldn't give a stuff about him or his plight. He deserves everything he gets.

Skacel was great to watch for much of his time at the club, he could also be a lazy get. When he left he put lie to the reporting that he would sign for us if we reached the Champions League, and much of that was well after Burley left.

Brellier was a cult hero, but he was quite often a costly one with the amount of stupid bookings he got.

McAllister, it's amazing what 4 months can do to a players reputation. One season he was a disgrace to the Hearts jersey, the next he was a hero. He was neither, but he really wasn't and isn't good enough for the top half of the SPL.

Johnson never did anything that spectacular. He was half decent, but not in the same class as other players we had in central midfield at the time.

The Riccarton Three, I had a lot of respect for. They spoke up at a time when someone needed to. But I really fail to see what Vlad did against Gordon. Gordon left for what he had always said was his ambition, to play in the SPL. He left for a British record for a goalkeeper, when he could quite of easily left for sweeties if it wasn't for the money Vlad brought into the club at a time we were in a damn site more precarious position than most of the hobonomics that even people on here come up with.

the point is all those guys were insiders and have made it clear that vlads way is wrong! as is all the nonsense we see in the press

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1
pj1 there will always be a hearts and i'm convinced stronger without the present regime

But who is going to run the club, provide the finance, it will not run by itself. Is there someone/a group out there that have the finance available, and are willing to invest it at this time, I was reading something on here last night that indicated that at the moment people are unwilling to buy cars (which I assume you can get for around ?15- ?20K or houses, which you can get for how ever much you are willing to pay). Is there someone out there, who if Hearts became available tomorrow would part with around ?20 million in the present climate to take over the running of the club, clear the debt and continue to finance HMFC going forward.

Guest jambomickey
But who is going to run the club, provide the finance, it will not run by itself. Is there someone/a group out there that have the finance available, and are willing to invest it at this time, I was reading something on here last night that indicated that at the moment people are unwilling to buy cars (which I assume you can get for around ?15- ?20K or houses, which you can get for how ever much you are willing to pay). Is there someone out there, who if Hearts became available tomorrow would part with around ?20 million in the present climate to take over the running of the club, clear the debt and continue to finance HMFC going forward.

lets put it this way mate if vlad decided he wanted out and left hearts there would be somebody who would save us! hearts is a big part of edinburgh and scottish football with a proud history!

pj1 there will always be a hearts and i'm convinced stronger without the present regime

You're passion goes without question, but being convinced unfortunately does not get the job done. I am convinced I am going to win the National Lottery, but so far the numbers are not with me, I am convinced I will live to 150, but the facts and statistics although not making it impossible still despite my conviction hardly likely. I suspect that your conviction that Hearts would survive a Romanov walkout tomorrow has the same possibility/probability of coming about. I think what would help your point of view being more readily accepted is instead of presenting facts and evidence, regardless of their authenticity, all relating to the past, is to supplement your opinion with what you see as actual events to follow a Romanov departure. E.g. name some investors, name a course of action to be taken, and where Hearts would have to go, lower division, non league, to enable their survival.

All stated in the name of debate

Sheriff Fatman
the point is all those guys were insiders and have made it clear that vlads way is wrong! as is all the nonsense we see in the press

Two of them left with chips the size of Argentina on their shoulders. Johnson was a Rix signing and that is enough for me not to give a rat's arse about what he thinks.

I might be wrong but Skacel and Brellier haven't said diddly squat about Vlad since leaving.

The Riccarton Three said something about what was going on at a specific point in time, there is nothing to suggest that anything like that is happening now.

As to the nonsense we see in the press, Yup I agree the press are printing nonsense at a boringly repetative rate.

Guest jambomickey
You're passion goes without question, but being convinced unfortunately does not get the job done. I am convinced I am going to win the National Lottery, but so far the numbers are not with me, I am convinced I will live to 150, but the facts and statistics although not making it impossible still despite my conviction hardly likely. I suspect that your conviction that Hearts would survive a Romanov walkout tomorrow has the same possibility/probability of coming about. I think what would help your point of view being more readily accepted is instead of presenting facts and evidence, regardless of their authenticity, all relating to the past, is to supplement your opinion with what you see as actual events to follow a Romanov departure. E.g. name some investors, name a course of action to be taken, and where Hearts would have to go, lower division, non league, to enable their survival.

All stated in the name of debate

bob i don't have the name of investors! but in my opinion i'm convinced there enough money men who would make sure hearts survived

Guest jambomickey
Two of them left with chips the size of Argentina on their shoulders. Johnson was a Rix signing and that is enough for me not to give a rat's arse about what he thinks.

I might be wrong but Skacel and Brellier haven't said diddly squat about Vlad since leaving.

The Riccarton Three said something about what was going on at a specific point in time, there is nothing to suggest that anything like that is happening now.

As to the nonsense we see in the press, Yup I agree the press are printing nonsense at a boringly repetative rate.

we'll agree to disagree mate!

bob i don't have the name of investors! but in my opinion i'm convinced there enough money men who would make sure hearts survived

Back to your fantasy heroes. If they ever appear then there is something to debate.

Sheriff Fatman
we'll agree to disagree mate!

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing, it was very refreshing to have a discussion without it collasping into a mire of name calling and childish behaviour, thanks.

portobellojambo1
hearts is a big part of edinburgh and scottish football with a proud history!

I do not for one minute dispute what you say above jambomickey, but truth is at the moment people are unwilling to part with cash for anything. If there were any Hearts minded people out there with deep pockets do you not think they would have made themselves known, even within the course of the last month. I think, if the circumstances are right, Romanov may well give serious contempletation to moving the club on to new owners, but he cannot do it if these people do not show themselves. It is very much not a sellers market at the moment, because chances are if you are trying to sell, whether it is a car, a house or a football club, you will probably have to sell at less than you would like to, but to counter that people are simply not willing to throw money about at the moment, the World is a very topsy turvy place just now and investing in a Scottish football club is not a particularly bright idea at this time.

Guest jambomickey
There is nothing wrong with disagreeing, it was very refreshing to have a discussion without it collasping into a mire of name calling and childish behaviour, thanks.

cheers mate!

Win the league - Yup he ain't got us there.

See us into the Champions League - I seem to remember being in the Champions League, just not the group stage.

Buy 2 World Cups stars - I supposed you are right but as he never promised anything like that, you really can't hold that against him. It's not his fault school kids playing chinese whispers on here haven't the brain cells they were born with.

Employ a real manager - You mean Burley was just a dream? Now if you had said let the real manager he had employed get on with the job you might get pass marks. But I'm sorry 25% is a fail mark in anybodies books.

Erm no SFM,we were not it the Champions league,we were only in the qualifiers,now if you take it like you see it then Andora and San Marino have played in the world cup.

FFS man we wern't even allowed to play the wee bit music played before all CL games.

secondly,Vlad did say he want's to appoint a manager in his new years resolution speach,have we got what was said,no.

thirdly

http://news.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Romanov-eyes-two-World-Cup.2805737.jp

Nucky Thompson
Erm no SFM,we were not it the Champions league,we were only in the qualifiers,now if you take it like you see it then Andora and San Marino have played in the world cup.

FFS man we wern't even allowed to play the wee bit music played before all CL games.

secondly,Vlad did say he want's to appoint a manager in his new years resolution speach,have we got what was said,no.

thirdly

http://news.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Romanov-eyes-two-World-Cup.2805737.jp

Just about every Country in the world gets to play in World Cup qualifiers because you don't have to qualify to play in them. You have to qualify through league position to get into the Champions League qualifiers, so that analogy you took straight from the Hobos is pish.

As for the world cup stars, it reads like the interviewer has said to VR 'would you sign 2 world Cup stars' and Vlad replies 'why only 2, why not a whole team' I take it you don't know how newspapers work.

Guest jambomickey
Just about every Country in the world gets to play in World Cup qualifiers because you don't have to qualify to play in them. You have to qualify through league position to get into the Champions League qualifiers, so that analogy you took straight from the Hobos is pish.

As for the world cup stars, it reads like the interviewer has said to VR 'would you sign 2 world Cup stars' and Vlad replies 'why only 2, why not a whole team' I take it you don't know how newspapers work.

everybody knows how the newspapers work and most folk know how vlad works! there's still a few like yourself who believe his paranoi about the mafia etc to take the heat off himself, but most have seen through that now and know who he himself is the problem

Then quite conveniently forgot to carry on with the rest.

I think there a number of stages of the procedure you need to tick off to answer the question

1. Do you have faith that Romanov will get planning permission

2. Do you have faith that Romanov will obtain the backing / finances to begin construction

3. Do you have faith that Romanov/UBIG will be an effective client in overseeing the construction to completion.

Until the last couple of months I thought 1 was a gimme "yes". I am not so sure now. I thought that at least with that planning application valid for 5 years (I think) we'd have something attractive to a potential new buyer moving forward.

I am now of the view that my answer to all 3 is no.

Point 2 is not down to Romanov

My worst nightmare scenario is getting planning, demolishing the old stand, and Romanov making such a pigs ear of being a well behaved "client" in the construction process that we are left with a started but not complete development by the time he scarpers.

I think the safest thing for Hearts in any event is that the whole project is canned. Its clear the world economy is against us. In my opinion basic economy was against us in any event. And finally, I dont think even Vlad's staunchest supporters would disagree that his project management skills risk a very fraught construction project with him at the helm.

For example one of the main reasons for all the problems with Holyrood was that the ultimate Client was a nightmare

Where that leaves Romanov as regards what use Hearts have for him god only knows.

It just about made some kind of sense if he had a hotel and commercial development that he could potentially profit from....

I think there a number of stages of the procedure you need to tick off to answer the question

1. Do you have faith that Romanov will get planning permission

2. Do you have faith that Romanov will obtain the backing / finances to begin construction

3. Do you have faith that Romanov/UBIG will be an effective client in overseeing the construction to completion.

Until the last couple of months I thought 1 was a gimme "yes". I am not so sure now. I thought that at least with that planning application valid for 5 years (I think) we'd have something attractive to a potential new buyer moving forward.

I am now of the view that my answer to all 3 is no.

Point 2 is not down to Romanov

My worst nightmare scenario is getting planning, demolishing the old stand, and Romanov making such a pigs ear of being a well behaved "client" in the construction process that we are left with a started but not complete development by the time he scarpers.

I think the safest thing for Hearts in any event is that the whole project is canned. Its clear the world economy is against us. In my opinion basic economy was against us in any event. And finally, I dont think even Vlad's staunchest supporters would disagree that his project management skills risk a very fraught construction project with him at the helm.

For example one of the main reasons for all the problems with Holyrood was that the ultimate Client was a nightmare

Where that leaves Romanov as regards what use Hearts have for him god only knows.

It just about made some kind of sense if he had a hotel and commercial development that he could potentially profit from....

From what I understand is that if Hearts weren't mucking the Council about in regards to dialogue/communication they could have had approval already. The actual plans need some alteration but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with them.

Which makes me think the request for extension could possibily be something else.

thirdly

To be fair I do remember something on the UEFA website a couple of years back which stated that 'the Champions League consists of x no of qualifying round and...blah blah'. Had to use it to win a very small victory over someone gloating over our early exit at the time. Anyway...

Guest jambomickey
From what I understand is that if Hearts weren't mucking the Council about in regards to dialogue/communication they could have had approval already. The actual plans need some alteration but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with them.

Which makes me think the request for extension could possibily be something else.

so in other words romanov is to blame! why? because he never had any intention of building the stand and is looking for somebody else to blame as usual

Archived