do you have faith in romanov to build new stand?

Guest jambomickey

do you have faith in vlad to build new main stand  

1 member has voted

1. 1. do you have faith in vlad to build new main stand

• yes
    • no

There is no way that Romanov and Co are going to build a new stand during the current financial climate. If he does get the planning permissions from the council, it may make the club a far more tempting proposition for someone looking to buy the club from him.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nucky Thompson
if he pulled the plug it would be a great day because there's no way people wouldn't step in to save hearts like tom farmer done with the vermin! our proud club is being run like a circus by a paranoid control freak with no respect for our way or our traditions
FFS do you really believe that:) Where were all those people when VR came in? Tom Farmer only spent about ?400k to save Hibs, do you think there is someone with ?40m to save Hearts?

I think if the finance to build it is found then it will be an absolutely fantastic achievement in the current climate.

I doubt that the finance is available though.

So I hope that someone is preparing a contingency on the work required to get the safety certificate renewed.

I trust those at Hearts, from this country, who have assured me that it will be built.

I don't think there is a single person employed at Hearts, who is from this country, who can make assurances on anything.

I don't think there is a single person employed at Hearts, who is from this country, who can make assurances on anything.

Perhaps not, but the question was about belief that it would be built. I haven't spoken to everybody at Tynecastle but those I have are very confident.

They are closer to it than you or I - and I trust that view

Perhaps not, but the question was about belief that it would be built. I haven't spoken to everybody at Tynecastle but those I have are very confident.

They are closer to it than you or I - and I trust that view

Do you think they would have told you if they doubted it would be built ?

Guest jambomickey
FFS do you really believe that:) Where were all those people when VR came in? Tom Farmer only spent about ?400k to save Hibs, do you think there is someone with ?40m to save Hearts?

there's enough people out there to make sure hearts continue to be the heart and soul of edinburgh

Maybe they know quite a lot, but can't make official statements without Vlad's permission.

I think the best thing for Hearts just now, would be to make the necessary safety upgrades on the main stand and forget about a new main stand for the forseable future. The club should continue to pay off as much debt as possible, as whilst we remain in the level of debt we are in, we are extremely vulnerable to ongoing downturn in the world's financial system.

Guest jambomickey

spot on mate! there's only one man who decides what's happening and unlucky for us he's a lying paranoid control freak

portobellojambo1

I have no idea if he is planning to go ahead with it, but if he is I think it would be a crazy idea in the present financial climate. Add in the fact that raw materials of all descriptions are spiralling price wise and there is not an awful lot of sense in proceeding.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that he will take it to the planning consent stage, and then give thought to selling on if things get even tighter.

But I really don't know what is going through his head at this time, so a straight forward yes or no answer is impossible.

I believe a stand will be built.

Good for you:rolleyes: Do you think your daily poll/dig at VR is going to make a difference?

Daily? More like hourly.

if he pulled the plug it would be a great day because there's no way people wouldn't step in to save hearts like tom farmer done with the vermin! our proud club is being run like a circus by a paranoid control freak with no respect for our way or our traditions

Name me 1 group or person that stepped in or showed interest in the club other than Mr Romanov after Chris Robinson.

Name me 1 group or person other than Mr Romanov that right now is SERIOUSLY interested in taking on our club and its debt.

Guest jambomickey
I believe a stand will be built.

Daily? More like hourly.

Name me 1 group or person that stepped in or showed interest in the club other than Mr Romanov after Chris Robinson.

Name me 1 group or person other than Mr Romanov that right now is SERIOUSLY interested in taking on our club and its debt.

there was a group but robinson decided to sell to mad vlad! if you remember robbo said they had promised him cash for signings and right now i'm sure there's people who would save hearts

it was posted a while back that october is the month when planning give their decision so we haven't got long to wait..........or then again !!1

It's Jan. Possibly late Dec.

Hearts expected a decision in Oct but they have delayed in getting information back to the Council.

J.T.F.Robertson
I think the best thing for Hearts just now, would be to make the necessary safety upgrades on the main stand and forget about a new main stand for the forseable future. The club should continue to pay off as much debt as possible, as whilst we remain in the level of debt we are in, we are extremely vulnerable to ongoing downturn in the world's financial system.

I think that's a non-starter, myself.

As time has passed, it's become increasingly obvious, Hearts is nothing more than a means to an end, that end being, the property development side of things. The whole stand issue is predicated around all it's incorporated extras. If, for whatever reason, they don't go ahead, Hearts, IMO, will have become an irrelevance to him/them.

After that, who knows? The current financial jiggerpokery going on, could render all of this moot, in any case. They may have it decided for them. (and with them, us)

siegementality
It's Jan. Possibly late Dec.

Hearts expected a decision in Oct but they have delayed in getting information back to the Council.

There's enough empty seats at Tynecastle without building 10,000 more.

Guest jambomickey
There's enough empty seats at Tynecastle without building 10,000 more.

there's one man to blame for those empty seats mate and no doubt there be more as more guys lose patience with madfud

J.T.F.Robertson
there was a group but robinson decided to sell to mad vlad! if you remember robbo said they had promised him cash for signings and right now i'm sure there's people who would save hearts

I think you're dreaming, if he goes, we're screwed.

I mean completely screwed, not just screwed in the sense of, "being in the hands of a control freak" screwed.

If I'm right, consider that.

I have no idea if he is planning to go ahead with it, but if he is I think it would be a crazy idea in the present financial climate. Add in the fact that raw materials of all descriptions are spiralling price wise and there is not an awful lot of sense in proceeding.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that he will take it to the planning consent stage, and then give thought to selling on if things get even tighter.

But I really don't know what is going through his head at this time, so a straight forward yes or no answer is impossible.

but then again when there is a recession the price of materials and labour drops. there are surplus's all over the country and if romanov has the ba**s he could be in a fantastic position in 2 years when the economy takes off again.

Guest jambomickey
I think you're dreaming, if he goes, we're screwed.

I mean completely screwed, not just screwed in the sense of, "being in the hands of a control freak" screwed.

If I'm right, consider that.

we will bounce back stronger when he's gone and i'm convinced about that! at present we're just a madfud circus

we will bounce back stronger when he's gone and i'm convinced about that! at present we're just a madfud circus

It may be that if things continue to tighten financially for Romonov's business ventures in Eastern Europe he might well to look to sell us on to raise ready cash. we can only hope!

Maybe the next couple of months will see it being time to put your money where your mouth is for those so called groups hovering about looking to buy him out.

I think he had every intension but with the current credit crunch it has been put on the back burner. Why would he spend ?1m on fancy plans otherwise.

oh dear...

Guest jambomickey
It may be that if things continue to tighten financially for Romonov's business ventures in Eastern Europe he might well to look to sell us on to raise ready cash. we can only hope!

Maybe the next couple of months will see it being time to put your money where your mouth is for those so called groups hovering about looking to buy him out.

the quicker the better as far as i'm concerned mate! then we can get back to being a football club again rather than a circus,

spot on mate! cannot understand why romanov gets away with the way he's run our club, if it was mercer or pie man we'd be behind the main stand demanding change

Talk, talk, talk, you really are full of it. Since you seem to be suffering more than most, what is stopping you from getting behind the main stand demanding change? There would appear to be a few on this thread that have such strong feelings that they will surely follow.

Until such time as you and your fellow doomweavers actually get your finger out and move beyond virtual moaning, forgive me if I struggle to take any of you seriously.

With all that is happenign right now in the world with banks collapsing left, right and centre. Vlad would have to be father christmas to build us a new stand.

Do you think they would have told you if they doubted it would be built ?

Directly, or perhaps, indirectly - yes. I think it is reasonable to take ordinary people at face value, particularly when they are not all directly involved in this aspect of thing.

I don't know Romanov any better than you do, but I know a fair few Hearts folk and they are pretty much all good people in my books.

Most folk I know don't lie - I would bet it is the same with you.

portobellojambo1
but then again when there is a recession the price of materials and labour drops. there are surplus's all over the country and if romanov has the ba**s he could be in a fantastic position in 2 years when the economy takes off again.

That is very possible mitch, although everything might eventually get back on an even keel I am not convinced that it will be within the two year period you make reference to. The decision taken by the US Congress tonight could mean there is a lot more s h i t to hit the fan before a revival of the economy comes about.

And I really don't know enough about his other businesses to know if he could, or can, ride it out for an elongated period of time. The business in Bosnia seems to be struggling big style at the moment, and was only recently subject to massive streamlining to try and stem the losses. None of the real estate projects UBIG are involved in appear to be moving to their next stage particularly fast, the credit crunch has yet to really hammer home in the area. And if I am honest I would imagine all these things are probably playing on his mind just now a lot more than HMFC are.

He may come through it, he may not, impossible to say.

Jambomikey, I'm intrigued by your confidence that if Romanov wanted/needed to get out that we would be o.k. I assume that you would accept that in this scenario Romanov would want to minimise his losses? Also that Romanov has two options, sell club with ground or sell club and ground seperately? In which case he will only sell the club and ground together if he is going to get at least the value of the ground?

In which case which of these options would you expect to happen that would see Hearts continue? And would you be happy with this option?

1. The club and ground are bought together for at least the value of the ground. Hearts continue to play at Tynecastle. Those buying have the cash upfront to pay for this.

2. The club and ground are bought together for at least the value of the ground. Hearts continue to play at Tynecastle. Those buying the club find a bank willing to effectively mortgage Tynecastle, allowing the deal to be financed.

3. The club and ground are bought together for at least the value of the ground. The new owners sell Tynecastle to finance this. Hearts then play somewhere else. If they are to build a new ground the new buyers must have the hard cash to fund this.

4. The club and ground are sold seperately. Hearts then play somewhere else. If they are to build a new ground the new buyers must have the hard cash to fund this.

Personally I'd write off option 2 as totally unrealistic in the current financial climate. Option 1 means that you need to believe that your consortium has access to ?15m+ hard cash. (Actually they'd probably need significantly more than that to keep the club functioning and become tenants at a new ground). Option 3 or 4 are I would say realistic. The only option I can see that includes staying at Tynecastle is continued ownership by Vlad with debt held by UKIO.

So the question then becomes how much do you want rid of Vald vs. how much do you want to stay at Tynecastle. If you can see a different option to those outlined above I'd be grateful if you could outline it.

That is very possible mitch, although everything might eventually get back on an even keel I am not convinced that it will be within the two year period you make reference to. The decision taken by the US Congress tonight could mean there is a lot more s h i t to hit the fan before a revival of the economy comes about.

And I really don't know enough about his other businesses to know if he could, or can, ride it out for an elongated period of time. The business in Bosnia seems to be struggling big style at the moment, and was only recently subject to massive streamlining to try and stem the losses. None of the real estate projects UBIG are involved in appear to be moving to their next stage particularly fast, the credit crunch has yet to really hammer home in the area. And if I am honest I would imagine all these things are probably playing on his mind just now a lot more than HMFC are.

He may come through it, he may not, impossible to say.

As I've posted elsewhere, there are always a few winners in situations like this.

Jambomikey, I'm intrigued by your confidence that if Romanov wanted/needed to get out that we would be o.k. I assume that you would accept that in this scenario Romanov would want to minimise his losses? Also that Romanov has two options, sell club with ground or sell club and ground seperately? In which case he will only sell the club and ground together if he is going to get at least the value of the ground?

In which case which of these options would you expect to happen that would see Hearts continue? And would you be happy with this option?

1. The club and ground are bought together for at least the value of the ground. Hearts continue to play at Tynecastle. Those buying have the cash upfront to pay for this.

2. The club and ground are bought together for at least the value of the ground. Hearts continue to play at Tynecastle. Those buying the club find a bank willing to effectively mortgage Tynecastle, allowing the deal to be financed.

3. The club and ground are bought together for at least the value of the ground. The new owners sell Tynecastle to finance this. Hearts then play somewhere else. If they are to build a new ground the new buyers must have the hard cash to fund this.

4. The club and ground are sold seperately. Hearts then play somewhere else. If they are to build a new ground the new buyers must have the hard cash to fund this.

Personally I'd write off option 2 as totally unrealistic in the current financial climate. Option 1 means that you need to believe that your consortium has access to ?15m+ hard cash. (Actually they'd probably need significantly more than that to keep the club functioning and become tenants at a new ground). Option 3 or 4 are I would say realistic. The only option I can see that includes staying at Tynecastle is continued ownership by Vlad with debt held by UKIO.

So the question then becomes how much do you want rid of Vald vs. how much do you want to stay at Tynecastle. If you can see a different option to those outlined above I'd be grateful if you could outline it.

I would reckon, if it came to it, on a mixture of 1 and 2, ie. a consortium with some cash up front, but with some sensible borrowing too.

I would reckon, if it came to it, on a mixture of 1 and 2, ie. a consortium with some cash up front, but with some sensible borrowing too.

Given the current state of the financial world how much do you believe that a club like Hearts - which hasn't run even close to a profit for a long time - could expect to borrow? I can't help but feel that Scottish football clubs in general would fall into the 'very bad credit risks'.

Given the current state of the financial world how much do you believe that a club like Hearts - which hasn't run even close to a profit for a long time - could expect to borrow? I can't help but feel that Scottish football clubs in general would fall into the 'very bad credit risks'.

But it wouldn't be Hearts, it would be the people that are buying Hearts, probably using the stadium as security. If and when things get back to normal in terms of finance, ?10M of total borrowings, secured against the stadium, probably wouldn't be seen as a huge risk. The hobos shout and ball about their "great" financial position, but they still have mortgages for something like ?8M.

do you believe romanov will build the new main stand or is this just more talk and when it falls through he blames the council, the sfa, the press, the scots mafia and anybody else that suits his paranoid thinking at that time, i've said all along that the new stand will be a failed promise

No chance. Never believed it would happen when things were financially better. Now that the world's economy is in pieces - absolutely no chance.

I think he had every intension but with the current credit crunch it has been put on the back burner. Why would he spend ?1m on fancy plans otherwise.

It's the old question. Did he spend anything or was it Hearts money just added to the debt.

Captain Lithuania
Maybe on a temporary basis but absolute nonsense.

A new stand will be built but maybe not the grand scale that Romanov wants.

Maybe something a wee bit like the Falkirk Stadium?

Hearts did look at the possibilty of 'tarting' up the main stand - not sure what the outcome was.

I am no expert but I suspect it would cost ?2-3m to remove asbestos from the roof/put a new roof on, improve the walkways/exits and improve the toilets etc... We could be left with a capacity of 17,500 - probably enough for the next 5 years and see where we are then.

Realistically you could sell a player or 2 to fund this. Hobos have been doing it for years.

The important thing would be that permission would be easy to get contary to what Mr Robinson said.

I think Vlad fully intended to build the stand - the cash already spent is testament to that - but the world banking crisis is not something he can buck.

Little chance of obtaining the necessary resources at the moment. :sad:

Captain Lithuania
Hearts did look at the possibilty of 'tarting' up the main stand - not sure what the outcome was.

I am no expert but I suspect it would cost ?2-3m to remove asbestos from the roof/put a new roof on, improve the walkways/exits and improve the toilets etc... We could be left with a capacity of 17,500 - probably enough for the next 5 years and see where we are then.

Realistically you could sell a player or 2 to fund this. Hobos have been doing it for years.

The important thing would be that permission would be easy to get contary to what Mr Robinson said.

Larry for a start then?

do you believe romanov will build the new main stand or is this just more talk and when it falls through he blames the council, the sfa, the press, the scots mafia and anybody else that suits his paranoid thinking at that time, i've said all along that the new stand will be a failed promise

Don't think it will be built and never did. I've never really even been that keen on it being built anyway - the brief period of us challenging the OF under Burley is history now and the season and a half of capacity crowds were merely a knock-on from those glorious few months, so they're history too.

Guest jambomickey
Talk, talk, talk, you really are full of it. Since you seem to be suffering more than most, what is stopping you from getting behind the main stand demanding change? There would appear to be a few on this thread that have such strong feelings that they will surely follow.

Until such time as you and your fellow doomweavers actually get your finger out and move beyond virtual moaning, forgive me if I struggle to take any of you seriously.

i don't take you or your kind seriously! what will it take for you and your kind to waken up and look at the evidence?

Guest jambomickey

i want the rat out yesterday!

Nucky Thompson
i want the rat out yesterday!
You're a bit of a troll mickey, I've noticed you keep bumping your threads to the top hours after the last post. FFS give it a fecking rest you're getting boring:sleepy:

Archived