Old Firm 5% Levvy

CocoBear

I just read that ICT have capitulated to the bile that is the old firm and are now to pay this ludicrous charge. Sad very sad indeed. Heres hoping we stand strong against the weegie muppets.

Hate to say it but Aberdeen had a good idea when they agreed to pay the 5%. I believe they charged the Rangers fans ?1 extra (the equivalent of the 5%). They also, presumably to satisfy the SPL rules, charged their own fans in equivalent seats an extra ?1 as well with the promise of ?1 off in a future game.

The People's Chimp
Hate to say it but Aberdeen had a good idea when they agreed to pay the 5%. I believe they charged the Rangers fans ?1 extra (the equivalent of the 5%). They also, presumably to satisfy the SPL rules, charged their own fans in equivalent seats an extra ?1 as well with the promise of ?1 off in a future game.

No way.

FTOF

STAND STRONG AGAINST THE VILE ****.

Does anyone know what Hearts' stance on this is? Celtic are coming up soon...

hearts are selling all the tickets themselves to both home and away fans

I was talking to a ICT fan in Ryrie's about this.

He said that the ticket price goes up considerably for a old firm match, and they get both ends, presumably just so Inverness can compensate for the charge.

Unreal

fair enough inverness dont want to risk losing money but i thought there was always alot of OF fans that stayed up in the inverness area that would have happily bought tickets directly from them

Rudi Hates Hibees
fair enough inverness dont want to risk losing money but i thought there was always alot of OF fans that stayed up in the inverness area that would have happily bought tickets directly from them

There's more Rangers and Celtic fans up here than ICT fans! How ICT can say they don't know how many tickets they would sell themselves is ridiculous and just shows they don't have the balls to stand up against the old firm!

i agree, its win win, dont think we should be selling direct to their supporters for long.

The laughable thing is that the OF claimed to be acting in the best interests of their fans.

Seems to have rebounded somewhat as it's a bunfight for their ST holders getting tickets for some games and costs them more for others.

Everyone who told them where to go are spot on - but we should have gone further. I am sure it was said that this was agaisnt SPL rules, so we should have reported them, and if they continued, or it was allowed - taken legal action.

The laughable thing is that the OF claimed to be acting in the best interests of their fans.

Seems to have rebounded somewhat as it's a bunfight for their ST holders getting tickets for some games and costs them more for others.

Any OF fan I've spoken to about this is of the opinion that the clubs are acting with regard to nothin but their own profits - they don't believe it is in the fans' best interests at all.

The filthy pair have really shot themselves in the foot on this one, yet they persist. Ultimately, it will hurt them as away attendances will fall.

No way.

FTOF

STAND STRONG AGAINST THE VILE ****.

My point was if you are going to do it then you might as well make the OF fans pay for it. Agreed that we should never give into to this 5% nonsense

Archived