Evra 9

Fletcher 7

Hargreaves 8

Scholes 8

Park 8

Berbatov 8

Rooney 9

TOTAL 90

But for United, Vidic in place of Evans equals another two or three points to their total, Nani or Anderson would mean another point, and Ronaldo another three points - leaving them at 97 when full strength. Chelsea, meanwhile, would gain a point when Essien's back, and three for Drogba returning, maybe one if Ballack could be squeezed into the side: leaving them on 99. These two teams are still incredibly closely matched - and while I fully expect Chelsea's stronger squad and general power and fitness to see them to the title, United are still a class, class side.

Incidentally, I watched the game in a pub with a Japanese friend. She knows enough about football to get by, is a quick learner, and had no leanings towards either side beforehand. But by the end, she said she'd been much more impressed by Man U - because they play with ambition and verve, whereas she described Chelsea's direct football as "primitive". I told her Arsenal were the real side she should watch if she admires beautiful football - but still: all this money, yet Chelsea are still the same old Chelsea, stylistically inferior to Man Utd, Arsenal, or the better Barca or Real Madrid sides. Why?

Who everyone has written off...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really looking forward to this. Chelsea will destroy the mancs with our tremendous free flowing football. I predict we'll post a 3-1 win. :)

Blue is the colour........;)

Hope you didn't have a big bet on that prediction :eek:

Had to come from behind.

Who everyone has written off...

Not me. I have Arsenal down to finish 2nd and win the FA Cup.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I'd have said it was Cech's fault.

Think they were both at fault but Boswinga has definitely been taking lessons from Lee Wallace on the art of soft defending.

I told her Arsenal were the real side she should watch if she admires beautiful football - but still: all this money, yet Chelsea are still the same old Chelsea, stylistically inferior to Man Utd, Arsenal, or the better Barca or Real Madrid sides. Why?

The squad is still getting used to Scolari's way of playing. By the end of October I'd expect Chelsea to be playing some wonderful stuff.

Also, losing out on Robinho was a big miss. He was Scolari's number one target. I'd expect some one along the lines of Robinho to come in, in January.

Good result for the European champions.

Expect us to get the ball rolling now and have the title wrapped up by Feburary.

Good result for the European champions.

Expect us to get the ball rolling now and have the title wrapped up by Feburary.

you for real you mug winning a game then drawing is a good result yo0ur on cloud cookoo mate . is us hearts

you for real you mug winning a game then drawing is a good result yo0ur on cloud cookoo mate . is us hearts

Doug is that you!?

:eek:

thats the second overly nasty post i've seen from you this evening...

note to yourself stop trying to be an extra in football factory!!!

yet Chelsea are still the same old Chelsea, stylistically inferior to Man Utd, Arsenal, or the better Barca or Real Madrid sides. Why?

Full of big huddys.

Without Deco they had to revert straight back to the Jose tact.

eighteen seventyfour

If anyone missed the clip of the Man U bench during the first half when Phealan stood on the ballon while the whole bench were watching a Man U attack, its a must see, has to be on u tube by now, cant check at work tho, Fergie *****es himself, funny as ****.

Archived