Chelsea v Man U

Therapist

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:)

The Goalie got a touch.

I wasn't referring to the keeper. :rolleyes: The defender pulled Malouda back as he broke into the box. :mad: :mad:

The referee is having a shocker and letting the filthy mancs get away with everything. :mad:

Nice to see the Mancs getting destroyed by tremendous free flowing football!

Did I read that right????

Or did I imagine it?

Anyways any idea how both teams could lose?

Not looking like our day.

Was thinking that very thing. Some of our bigger players have not performed - for example, Frank's been completely anonymous.

Fozzyonthefence

All this "us" & "we" when it's 2 English teams makes me laugh. You're all such great "supporters" watching it in on tv.

I think it's safe to say that the best news for all today is that Citeh are coming onto some rare form and look good for the title this year :D

Was thinking that very thing. Some of our bigger players have not performed - for example, Frank's been completely anonymous.

We miss Essien badly, Obi just isn't in the same class. Ballack and Lampard have done nothing.

Anelka deserves shot after that. Idiot.

Teams (and my ratings)

Cech - 10

Bosingwa - 8

Carvalho - 10

Terry - 10

A Cole - 9

Obi - 8

J Cole - 10

Deco - 10

Lampard - 10

Malouda - 8

Anelka - 9

Total - 102

You are having a laugh!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Rooney has got to be one of the most over rated players on the planet.

Just wait till he is at Newcastle or some other mediocre club.

Chelsea may go on to win this.

Title race over before Christmas?

Can't see that happening, though it would be a Galactico type team, I can see Citeh strengthening majorly come Jan to give them a shot too.

Man Utd do look quite a shadow of their former selves without Ronaldo.

Speaking of the other Ronaldo, did anyone see in the Beeb's gossip pages yesterday that he might be off to Citeh? Thought he was knee knackered and retired??

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That was some defending from Alex. :eek::eek:

Wish we could see that sort of commitment at Tynecastle!

Apologies to Alex. :o Just realised it was Bosingwa that was at fault for the manc goal. :mad:

Extremely disappointed with that. :sad:

Chelsea FC pounded the mancs from pillar to post, but the totally biased ref let the manc players off with everything. He even blew for time rather than risk his beloved mancs having to face a Chelsea FC free kick. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Chelsea FC pounded the mancs from pillar to post, but the totally biased ref let the manc players off with everything. He even blew for time rather than risk his beloved mancs having to face a Chelsea FC free kick. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Satisfied with the draw, to be behind for so long was always going to make it tough. Definately the better side though, missed 3 sitters.

I agree about the free kick, referee bottled it.

The best home record in the world carries on. :)

what garbage............................;)

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

How times have changed when United are celebrating a point after "parking the bus" for 80 minutes. And how their support are celebrating a point.

We were rubbish for the first 20 minutes, eventually dominated the majority of the game afterwards but a point was about right I thought.

Ashley Cole, no matter what you think of him, was the best player on the pitch, certainly for Chelsea.

Thought the passing was terrible for both teams and some of the mistakes were shocking, all 3 goalkeepers were poor.

The number of bookings dished out to Man Utd players suggests you are wrong.

Again.

Can't see that happening, though it would be a Galactico type team, I can see Citeh strengthening majorly come Jan to give them a shot too.

Man Utd do look quite a shadow of their former selves without Ronaldo.

Speaking of the other Ronaldo, did anyone see in the Beeb's gossip pages yesterday that he might be off to Citeh? Thought he was knee knackered and retired??

Ronaldo did his knee in again but is still wanting to play on. I think hes been training with a team back in Brazil to regain his fitness

The Real Maroonblood

See you are still a slavering erse.

:)

Anyone else think Man Ure completely lost their shape when Ronaldo came on ?

I would go as far as to say that decision could have cost Man Ure 2 points (that's not to say Chelski deserved to lose which they certainly didn't)

I would go as far as to say that decision could have cost Man Ure 2 points (that's not to say Chelski deserved to lose which they certainly didn't)

Chelsea always deserve to lose!:)

He did a fantastic diver though to win a free kick froom Frank Lampard.

They really need to be using TV evidence to be punishing people..

portobellojambo1

Bringing on Ronaldo certainly left them exposed down the right hand side, where Gary Neville no longer has the pace or ability to cope with two players coming at him. But I actually thought Manchester United fell out of the game from the point at which they scored. From then on in Chelsea were in the ascendancy but they didn't have the killer instinct in the penalty area, Anelka was a bigger danger to those sitting 4 rows from the back than to Man U's back 4.

Was not a bad game to watch from a totally neutral point of view, but then watched the Manchester City game in full later on, they were quite simply s h i t hot, and could have won that game by double figures if they had chosen to. Not too many signings needed there to turn that into a really top class side.

Teams (and my ratings)

Cech - 10

Bosingwa - 8

Carvalho - 10

Terry - 10

A Cole - 9

Obi - 8

J Cole - 10

Deco - 10

Lampard - 10

Malouda - 8

Anelka - 9

Total - 102

Van der Sar - 8

Neville - 7

Ferdinand - 8

Evans - 5

Evra - 8

Fletcher - 3

Hargreaves - 7

Scholes - 7

Park - 6

Berbatov - 8

Rooney - 8

Total - 75

:4_1_72:

My ratings for these players (not based on yesterday, but in general) would be:

Cech 9

Bosingwa 8

Carvalho 10

Terry 9

A. Cole 9

Obi 8

J. Cole 9

Deco 9

Lampard 9

Malouda 7

Anelka 7

TOTAL 94

Van der Sar 8

Neville 8

Ferdinand 10

Evans 7

Evra 9

Fletcher 7

Hargreaves 8

Scholes 8

Park 8

Berbatov 8

Rooney 9

TOTAL 90

But for United, Vidic in place of Evans equals another two or three points to their total, Nani or Anderson would mean another point, and Ronaldo another three points - leaving them at 97 when full strength. Chelsea, meanwhile, would gain a point when Essien's back, and three for Drogba returning, maybe one if Ballack could be squeezed into the side: leaving them on 99. These two teams are still incredibly closely matched - and while I fully expect Chelsea's stronger squad and general power and fitness to see them to the title, United are still a class, class side.

Incidentally, I watched the game in a pub with a Japanese friend. She knows enough about football to get by, is a quick learner, and had no leanings towards either side beforehand. But by the end, she said she'd been much more impressed by Man U - because they play with ambition and verve, whereas she described Chelsea's direct football as "primitive". I told her Arsenal were the real side she should watch if she admires beautiful football - but still: all this money, yet Chelsea are still the same old Chelsea, stylistically inferior to Man Utd, Arsenal, or the better Barca or Real Madrid sides. Why?

Archived