You have new Lithuanian player ;)

KisLas

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

Welcome.

Few rules to make sure you fit in with HMFC.

1) Never play bad, whether that be u-19's, Reserves or First team ;)

2) Never back Vlad in a statement, as that just confirms your pyramid position.

Seriously though, good luck and welcome. Great to have a player from Lithuania that aint a dud fi Kaunas * to help the guys get acclimatised to the situation.

Aye. Like that guy from Scotland that refused Barcelona :rolleyes: neh ambition likesay or whatever :)

Are you sure you are Lithuanian? Perfect Leith schemie grammar.

Are you sure you are Lithuanian? Perfect Leith schemie grammar.

Should KisLas have to wear something to identify him as Lithuanian? Like a star of David or something, if we really want to make a point.

:(

C'mon, bud. Do these players actually provide anything to the squad?

We've got a young (Scottish) goalkeeper who's been frozen out. Why?

Another Lithuanian loan and a manager signing is stymieing him from even getting a bench place.

I don't want another Lith or Eastern European joining our squad.

We have/had a youth policy. Let's see Csaba utilise it and not be spoonfed more Vlad whims.

Rant over!

A very blinkered view.

Kello is Slovakian and doing a very decent job, nationality is not an issue as he appears to be our best keeper. Therefore, he plays. Rightfully IMO.

This guy is 18 or whatever. He is part of the youth policy. Adding something to the first team squad is a while off yet, but if he has the potential to be another Danielivicius or Jankauskas then whats the harm in bringing him in.

As I say, these are the guys we should be looking at, not the Beniusis' and Ksanavicius'. THATS where the policy is wrong, NOT the youth guys.

C'mon, bud. Do these players actually provide anything to the squad?

We've got a young (Scottish) goalkeeper who's been frozen out. Why?

Another Lithuanian loan and a manager signing is stymieing him from even getting a bench place.

I don't want another Lith or Eastern European joining our squad.

We have/had a youth policy. Let's see Csaba utilise it and not be spoonfed more Vlad whims.

Rant over!

Speaking as someone whose mother has strong ties with Eastern Europe, I am compelled to say that you are talking utter nonsense. What are you going to do if more come? Line them up for "selection" and carry out a kangaroo-medical to vet those fit for work? Or how about a good old fashioned lynching!? You are absolutely contemptable.

@Eldar

Care to review your earlier retort to a certain post of mine on this thread in light of this Amon Goeth imitator?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Speaking as someone whose mother has strong ties with Eastern Europe, I am compelled to say that you are talking utter nonsense. What are you going to do if more come? Line them up for "selection" and carry out a kangaroo-medical to vet those fit for work? Or how about a good old fashioned lynching!? You are absolutely contemptable.

@Eldar

Care to review your earlier retort to a certain post of mine on this thread in light of this Amon Goeth imitator?

Yup, poor show. Bad attitude, for sure.

Ruben rules.

I understand who some might think he "flatters to deceive" - I would argue that he is deceptively effective.

I concede he isn't the best tackler, that's where his credentials as a DM fall short. But he presses and marks very well even if we shouldn't expect to see too many heroic lunges. And the pressing and harassing is half the job at least. Positionally he is excellent - put this down to him being a very intelligent footballer.

Great passer. And aside form a couple of games where he was off the boil, very rarely makes mistakes.

But I appreciate that he seems lightweight. He's a subtle one, but I have to say after Larry our most talented midfielder.

He played about 4 minutes on Saturday and cost the goal because he wasn't marking/paying attention to Arfield.

Well he has Berger overseeing the 'U23' side, but I think if he's still here in a year's time and the youth team hasn't made significant progress (although Saturday's result was phenomenal considering how good Hamilton's youth system is) then I think he'd look to change things, yes.

Peanut, now that Csaba and Burger are here, do you know if the Academy still need Board approval to sign local players as young as 13 years old?

Seymour M Hersh
He played about 4 minutes on Saturday and cost the goal because he wasn't marking/paying attention to Arfield.

TBF it's hard to get to the pace of a game in 4 minutes. Ruben's not too bad but not outstanding. A fully fit Bruno is a better option imo.

TBF it's hard to get to the pace of a game in 4 minutes. Ruben's not too bad but not outstanding. .

Fully agree with that - and that is why Laszlo's substitution was ludicrous.

Karipidis was having a poor game and cost the first goal, but Palazuelos was not going to get up to speed in time - and then cost the second goal.

Seymour M Hersh
Fully agree with that - and that is why Laszlo's substitution was ludicrous.

Karipidis was having a poor game and cost the first goal, but Palazuelos was not going to get up to speed in time - and then cost the second goal.

For Laszlo read managers in general. It's done to run time off the clock.

For Laszlo read managers in general. It's done to run time off the clock.

Don't you think that Mrowiec or Kingston should have been the players taken off then?

Seymour M Hersh
Don't you think that Mrowiec or Kingston should have been the players taken off then?

I wasn't at the game so I'm not able to say who should have been subbed. My point was that it's par for the course for all managers not just Laszlo to make substitutions with minutes remaining to waste time. Who is subbed is possibly irrelevant that late in the game tbh.

@Eldar

No. You miss my point!

We are meant to be the tip of the pyramid, are we not?

Why the feck should the club be burdened with the wage of a teenager who is here to prove his skill and ability?

We should be spoon fed players who are ready to walk into the 1st team, not used as a breeding ground for FBK players (OK, he's not on their books) who line the Lith pockets.

It's wrong.

We need proven players. Not players with the aptitude of rejected muppets.

No. You miss my point!

Why the feck should the club be burdened with the wage of a teenager who is here to prove his skill and ability?

Do you know what he is being paid? I doubt it will be that much of a burden.

We should be spoon fed players who are ready to walk into the 1st team, not used as a breeding ground for FBK players (OK, he's not on their books) who line the Lith pockets.

I thought most of the "Liths" did walk into our first team? If the "Liths" pockets are lined isn't this good for us given that those lined pockets finance us?

It's wrong.

So by the same logic we shouldn't have signed Templeton from Stenhousmuir or the Aussie guys or even Driver. In fact let's get rid of the youth set up altogether as all we want are first team players.

Please let me know where you have seen this guy play too, as all the newspaper articles I have read suggest he is not too bad, but you seem to know he has the aptitude of a rejected muppet.

Do you know what he is being paid? I doubt it will be that much of a burden.

I thought most of the "Liths" did walk into our first team? If the "Liths" pockets are lined isn't this good for us given that those lined pockets finance us?

So by the same logic we shouldn't have signed Templeton from Stenhousmuir or the Aussie guys or even Driver. In fact let's get rid of the youth set up altogether as all we want are first team players.

Please let me know where you have seen this guy play too, as all the newspaper articles I have read suggest he is not too bad, but you seem to know he has the aptitude of a rejected muppet.

Mod Edit.

You know full well this deal stinks.

As I said in post #??, we needed proven players, not unproven dolts who'll languish in the reserves and U19's then say ta-ta.

Our club shouldn't be funding it.

FACT

Sod-off, Boris.

As I said in post #??, we needed proven players, not unproven dolts who'll languish in the reserves and U19's then say ta-ta.

FACT

You have a terrible attitude.

I hope you never go anywhere near coaching youngsters if that is your view on them.

Sod-off, Boris.

FACT

Get back to not posting if that is your stinking attitude.

You have a terrible attitude.

I hope you never go anywhere near coaching youngsters if that is your view on them.

Hearts could allways be the first club in the world to not have a youth system :) would less work and cheaper.

Sod-off, Boris.

FACT

tossing-caber-braemar.jpg

jamboinglasgow
No. You miss my point!

It's wrong.

have you considered the fact that maybe hearts see in this lithuanian player that he has the potential to be a great player but hearts and the pyramid feel that he will achieve that most at hearts where the coaching staff and the facilities are much supperior to Kaunas.

How does it stink?

Because he is Lithuanian? Would it stink if he was English/Scottish/Brazilian?

An unproven dolt? How many proven 18 year olds are there? Seriously?

No. You miss my point!

It's wrong.

If they ever do a Slavic vesion of the film Blazing Saddles, you will no doubt make an ideal Taggart!

scott herbertson

What we do not and never will need is the second rate dross that for some bizarre reason we have and still are to some extent being subjected to.

Come on!

What about us old guys who have been watching Hearts sign second and even third rate dross for nearly half a century - if Romanov is going to start signing decent young players, count me out

:mad:

J.T.F.Robertson
Come on!

What about us old guys who have been watching Hearts sign second and even third rate dross for nearly half a century - if Romanov is going to start signing decent young players, count me out

:mad:

But they have, in the main, been Scottish and a much superior form of dross. :o

The Real Maroonblood
A. Novikovas has just singed for Hearts. He's a 17 y.o. that has been on trial with Benfica not so long ago :)

Thanks for the warning another Lithuanian dud.

Chad Sexington
Thanks for the warning another Lithuanian dud.

Another genius one sentence masterpiece post from you.

Well done.

Although you really should pay more attention to your punctuation.

Unless you are calling the OP "another Lithuanian dud"?

have you considered the fact that maybe hearts see in this lithuanian player that he has the potential to be a great player but hearts and the pyramid feel that he will achieve that most at hearts where the coaching staff and the facilities are much supperior to Kaunas.

Maybe better facilities but wouldn't be sure that we have the better coaches.

We keep being told that we are attracting some of the best youngsters from under the noses of bigger clubs but I haven't seen any evidence of this - have you?

I keep looking to our Under 19's and Reserve team to an extent and hope to see some of these guys progressing into the first team, where there are defo positions up for grabs, but they either appear not to be deemed ready or good enough!!

When was the last time the Youths won their league?

Please don't come out with the usual "its not all about winning but developing"

Yes develop the players but fitba is about having that winning mentality and the ability will show if there.

Maybe better facilities but wouldn't be sure that we have the better coaches.

We keep being told that we are attracting some of the best youngsters from under the noses of bigger clubs but I haven't seen any evidence of this - have you?

I keep looking to our Under 19's and Reserve team to an extent and hope to see some of these guys progressing into the first team, where there are defo positions up for grabs, but they either appear not to be deemed ready or good enough!!

When was the last time the Youths won their league?

Please don't come out with the usual "its not all about winning but developing"

Yes develop the players but fitba is about having that winning mentality and the ability will show if there.

Our under 19s are very young this season,at that age physical development means that laddies who are 18 are stronger than 16 /17year olds.

our reserve team is no longer full of dead wood,a good few of our reserve players could play under 19 .

I agree with you however about winning mentality and would put out our strongest possible under 19 team for the BP cup,and include players who are in the first team squad.

If you compare the number of youngsters who progressed from the under 19 team who lost the cup at Parkhead to the number who progressed from the team who won at Ibrox the result is staggering.

The problem was the poor coaching they received between Levein and Shabba

Our under 19s are very young this season,at that age physical development means that laddies who are 18 are stronger than 16 /17year olds.

our reserve team is no longer full of dead wood,a good few of our reserve players could play under 19 .

I agree with you however about winning mentality and would put out our strongest possible under 19 team for the BP cup,and include players who are in the first team squad.

If you compare the number of youngsters who progressed from the under 19 team who lost the cup at Parkhead to the number who progressed from the team who won at Ibrox the result is staggering.

The problem was the poor coaching they received between Levein and Shabba

Fair Points Colonel - I don't get along to see the younsters these days but always enjoyed watching the youth teams in the past, BP Youth Cup Final at Ibrox was superb!

Always look out for the 19's results and feel they should be challenging for their title if we believe the hype some of these kids are getting, but really sceptical whether we have the quality of coaches to bring these lads on.

Archived