You have new Lithuanian player ;)

KisLas

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A. Novikovas has just singed for Hearts. He's a 17 y.o. that has been on trial with Benfica not so long ago :)

Where does he play mate ?

I know nothing about this young lad.

But this precisely IS the sort of signing we should be making, at this stage in a players career. Subject to the quality being there, or the potential at least....

AM/FC as far as I'm aware. Hard to say this early in his career :) saw his a few times and he mos def has the skills but no idea about his mental side.

Peanut, do you think in due course (if permitted) Csaba will want to bring in his own youth coaches ?

This was what Csaba said regards youth development & Werner Berger who worked for the German FA in youth development seems to have a key role working with D.Murray etc.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Father-figures-will-help-grow.4442976.jp

A. Novikovas has just singed for Hearts. He's a 17 y.o. that has been on trial with Benfica not so long ago :)

Could you change that to Norwegian, Bulgarian or Nepalese player just to give this lad a chance of being accepted by some of our ever-eager-to-moan audience? ;)

About time -- one thing I have not understood so far in the Lithuanian link up is why we have not had a number of their best under 17/19 players at least training in Edinburgh.

I know we cannot sign them all but there are always a few nuggets to be found and if the best came here as youngsters we could merge them with Scottish youngsters and have a better chance of developing our 'own' players -- especially as in the future there are moves to have 'home grown players' having to fill a substantial part of your squad.

With our links to Lithuania I would be very unhappy if we missed out on potential 'star' players.

This was what Csaba said regards youth development & Werner Berger who worked for the German FA in youth development seems to have a key role working with D.Murray etc.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Father-figures-will-help-grow.4442976.jp

Berger has excellent credentials. It's the guys who have been kicking around a while I'm interested in and whether they are in anyway up to the task.

Peanut, do you think in due course (if permitted) Csaba will want to bring in his own youth coaches ?

Well he has Berger overseeing the 'U23' side, but I think if he's still here in a year's time and the youth team hasn't made significant progress (although Saturday's result was phenomenal considering how good Hamilton's youth system is) then I think he'd look to change things, yes.

The wee man’s contract with FC Vilnius ran out this summer so he was free to sign with the Edinburgh based club. “Hearts registered me both for the reserves and the main side” – the future Hibs punisher said.

PMSL. :laugh:

First team eh? Hmmmm.

Cheers.

Interesting to see that Benfica actually wanted him but he felt he was to young to play abroad ....

Aye. Like that guy from Scotland that refused Barcelona :rolleyes: neh ambition likesay or whatever :)

Cheers.

Interesting to see that Benfica actually wanted him but he felt he was to young to play abroad ....

I think it might feel less 'abroad' for the kid at Hearts with several other Lithuanians at the club. :mw_rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Aye. Like that guy from Scotland that refused Barcelona :rolleyes: neh ambition likesay or whatever :)

I think it might feel less 'abroad' for the kid at Hearts with several other Lithuanians at the club. :mw_rolleyes:

I actually never meant it as a negative comment, I am pleased that Benfica were actively trying to sign him after a trial!

I actually never meant it as a negative comment, I am pleased that Benfica were actively trying to sign him after a trial!

But I meant it as a negative comment. Think he should have yoused that chance :) maybe the club demanded a big transfer fee.

The barcelona scotish guy was used just an example for lack of ambition etc. compared to Novikovas similar situation.

Aha! I didn't take your comments as negative AP just pointing out that Hearts might seem less foreign to him with several compatriots already at the club...... :)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Could you change that to Norwegian, Bulgarian or Nepalese player just to give this lad a chance of being accepted by some of our ever-eager-to-moan audience? ;)

The fact he is Lithuanian and this is generating a largely positive response frankly pi$$es all over your xenophobia theory.

But not Chilean, Slovakian, Bosnian or any other you chose.

:eek:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Good age to be signing players through the pyramid. Precisely how it should be used - not to give guys like Audrey a cash cow. Good news.

The fact he is Lithuanian and this is generating a largely positive response frankly pi$$es all over your xenophobia theory.

Aye but all the usual suspects are in bed.

:laugh:

But not Chilean, Slovakian, Bosnian or any other you chose.

:eek:

I am lithunian with Chilean-Slovakian-Bosnian heritage but people seem to like me on here :P

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

So far on this thread we have not one single negative comment about the signing and five (count them) posts moaning about the (non-existent) moaning. Hilarious.

I am lithunian with Chilean-Slovakian-Bosnian heritage but people seem to like me on here :P

So we now are much closer to identifying your real name KisLas :rolleyes:

The truth is out there. :)

So we now are much closer to identifying your real name KisLas :rolleyes:

The truth is out there. :)

Aye, it's Saulius Marian Zlatan Ramirez Ramoska.

:laugh:

So far on this thread we have not one single negative comment about the signing and five (count them) posts moaning about the (non-existent) moaning. Hilarious.

Pre-emptive negativity ...... anticipation of future events based on past & predictable behaviour...... realism.....leopards never change their spots etc..... JKB can be a very predictable place - sometimes I think some posters are possibly even web-bot experiments especially the guy who always posts a....

five word sentence plus smiley ;)

Pre-emptive negativity ...... anticipation of future events based on past & predictable behaviour...... realism.....leopards never change their spots etc..... JKB can be a very predictable place - sometimes I think some posters are possibly even web-bot experiments especially the guy who always posts a....

Irony alert siren goes off :whistling:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Pre-emptive positivity...... anticipation of future events based on past & predictable behaviour...... realism.....leopards never change their spots etc..... JKB can be a very predictable place - sometimes I think some posters are possibly even web-bot experiments especially the guy who always posts a....

One word changed and it turns into you!;):)

Seriously though, let's not get sidetracked. In a funny way I'm more excited about this signing than almost any other since 2005. It is precisely the type of signing Hearts should be making.

Thanks for the info.

This is the type of signing we should be making. I know a few people on this thread are joking about the negativity that we might expect from some posters to this news.

I don't think we will see any. I'm happy to give Kaunas players a chance and not write them off before I've seen them but in the long-term this arrangement will not help us to progress to the next level.

If we are going to sign Lithuanian players then we should be looking to sign in the best youngsters. Although the link with Kaunas has its benefits, I'd much rather see us sign the Kaunas players that we want permanently. If the manager wants the player he should be at us, not on loan from Kaunas.

Bringing young Lithuanians in directly to us gives them some security with their contract at Hearts and it will help them to get less abuse from some fans for being another loanee from Kaunas.

Perfect example of the polarization that has made this board much less interesting and productive than once it was. It's like Karl Rove opened up shop (which poster is Karl Rove left as an exercise for the reader :D)

I know nothing about this young lad.

But this precisely IS the sort of signing we should be making, at this stage in a players career. Subject to the quality being there, or the potential at least....

Absolutely agree.

We need to use this link with Kaunas to bring their best youngsters over here. That is exactly what I thought was going to happen when the link up started.

Excellent news.

Absolutely agree.

We need to use this link with Kaunas to bring their best youngsters over here. That is exactly what I thought was going to happen when the link up started.

Excellent news.

I fully agree with you and perhaps just perhaps this is part of the Vlad "plan" for the long term.

For me it is bringing in the best of the best young players from wherever and trying to make them into quality professionals for sell on in the future. Vlad after all seems to be very much money driven and not perhaps football driven.

What we do not and never will need is the second rate dross that for some bizarre reason we have and still are to some extent being subjected to.

Another step in the right direction IMHO

When have Lithuania ever produced a good player!

If he was any good Benfica would have signed him!

Number (TBC) GTF!

etc etc

They have a good few playing at a higher level than half the Scotland squad.

AM/FC as far as I'm aware. Hard to say this early in his career :) saw his a few times and he mos def has the skills but no idea about his mental side.[/QUOTE]

Certainly sounds like a Vlad signing

This must be the Lithuanian youngster I posted we were going to sign.

I think this will be the sign of the times,the boy went to Portugal because he was recommended by the kaunus /Lith NT team portugeese boy before he took over his new role.

Obviously we cant mention names of youngsters until they are old enough to sign pro,but there are a few more in the pipeline.

I doubt we will sign many more established lithuanian players from kaunus,but more east euros who have bean identified,we will get lithuanian youngsters .

The pramid has been redesgined for the better

This must be the Lithuanian youngster I posted we were going to sign.

I think this will be the sign of the times,the boy went to Portugal because he was recommended by the kaunus /Lith NT team portugeese boy before he took over his new role.

Obviously we cant mention names of youngsters until they are old enough to sign pro,but there are a few more in the pipeline.

I doubt we will sign many more established lithuanian players from kaunus,but more east euros who have bean identified,we will get lithuanian youngsters .

The pramid has been redesgined for the better

You sure of that? The trial at Benfica was almost a year before Kaunas appointed Couceiro.

This is more like it, although I did notice the English translation says he will be singing for Hearts. :)

Welcome Arvydas!

This is more like it, although I did notice the English translation says he will be singing for Hearts. :)

Welcome Arvydas!

No it does not :P

You sure of that? The trial at Benfica was almost a year before Kaunas appointed Couceiro.

but still with a connection at the time to Romanov

but still with a connection at the time to Romanov

No idea.

but VR's portugese players came through the Benfica connection. Couceiro never worked for them and was a FC Porto man.

Chad Sexington

This seems very promising.

As has been mentioned, this is the kind of player that Vlad's Lithuanian connection should be bringing in.

If Benfica were keen he must be decent. Some good coaching at Riccarton and we might have a find here.

:)

Archived