You have new Lithuanian player ;)

KisLas

Guest GhostHunter
A. Novikovas has just singed for Hearts. He's a 17 y.o. that has been on trial with Kaunas not so long ago :)

hehe - what then ?

:D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No idea.

but VR's portugese players came through the Benfica connection. Couceiro never worked for them and was a FC Porto man.

Takis and Janhauskas and Brunoand very nearly some other boy,who we just missed out on came via the guy who was DOF at Benfica.

I was told we have changed our signing policy/pyramid structure towards much younger lithuanian players identified by Couceiro,and will sign non lithuanian players like our last 2 signings from kaunus

Hearts will not make any big money signings as our long term strategy is to ptoduce a team to coincide with the increased revenues potential of a new stand,as there is no financial imperative to do so until this happens

The fact he is Lithuanian and this is generating a largely positive response frankly pi$$es all over your xenophobia theory.

That in itself is encouraging and restores some faith in humanity. However, it is noticeable that the usual deliverers of negativity and intolerance have yet to post. Will they embark on a road to Damascus-style conversion or will they revert to type. We shall soon find out. We can all hope it is the former with them.

Takis and Janhauskas and Brunoand very nearly some other boy,who we just missed out on came via the guy who was DOF at Benfica.

I was told we have changed our signing policy/pyramid structure towards much younger lithuanian players identified by Couceiro,and will sign non lithuanian players like our last 2 signings from kaunus

Hearts will not make any big money signings as our long term strategy is to ptoduce a team to coincide with the increased revenues potential of a new stand,as there is no financial imperative to do so until this happens

It makes some modicum of sense

Although we had the new "Scandanavian" focus apparently 4 months or so ago

Vlad's schemes do seem to change like the wind.

However, scour the eastern euro leagues for players that could sign for Hearts with no work permit issues, get them to Kaunas with the "carrot" of Hearts, essentially "trial" them, but because it is Kaunas paying get away with relatively low wages by SPL standards. Loan them to Hearts on these relatively low wages and see where it goes

Why this young Lithuanian talent idea is a new one, god knows. It was obvious from the beginning that this should have been ongoing and I dont think it was stupid of a lot of us to presume that this would be one of the things we would be doing.

As ever though it will come down to the quality of players coming from Kaunas. I couldnt give 2 hoots what country they are from - do they improve the team?

Our newest recruits look decent enough squad players but the jury remains out on whether either actually improve the first team, as opposed to simply lowering the average wage of the first team

Hard to get carried away given the apparent lack of success so far in importing young players (with the exception of Jonsson), the lack of success in bringing players in from Kaunas (with odd exceptions) and the lack of success in bringing in players with experience in Portugal (with the exception of Takis :P and potentially on Goncalves' sale).

But hopefully this new player is a good player and will improve our team in time.

Hard to get carried away given the apparent lack of success so far in importing young players (with the exception of Jonsson), the lack of success in bringing players in from Kaunas (with odd exceptions) and the lack of success in bringing in players with experience in Portugal (with the exception of Takis :P and potentially on Goncalves' sale).

But hopefully this new player is a good player and will improve our team in time.

Jankauskas has never been replaced,and Bruno was done late by a player some on here still rave about,he is a player.

Gonacalves was punted about after his Cl performance against Arsenal and didnt come via Benfica connection.

Takis ...speaks for himself

Compare and contrast with Makela and Besliga

Jankauskas has never been replaced,and Bruno was done late by a player some on here still rave about,he is a player.

Gonacalves was punted about after his Cl performance against Arsenal and didnt come via Benfica connection.

Takis ...speaks for himself

Compare and contrast with Makela and Besliga

Yes, there have been shockers elsewhere in the scouting/signing system! :eek:

Forgot about Jankauskas though. I don't think Aguiar has done anything at all for us and he goes down as a poor signing in my view.

Chad Sexington
That in itself is encouraging and restores some faith in humanity. However, it is noticeable that the usual deliverers of negativity and intolerance have yet to post. Will they embark on a road to Damascus-style conversion or will they revert to type. We shall soon find out. We can all hope it is the former with them.

I fail to see what anyone could find negative in this news. Although no doubt someone will find something. :)

He sounds like a really positive signing.

Thanks for the info.

This is the type of signing we should be making. I know a few people on this thread are joking about the negativity that we might expect from some posters to this news.

I don't think we will see any. I'm happy to give Kaunas players a chance and not write them off before I've seen them but in the long-term this arrangement will not help us to progress to the next level.

If we are going to sign Lithuanian players then we should be looking to sign in the best youngsters. Although the link with Kaunas has its benefits, I'd much rather see us sign the Kaunas players that we want permanently. If the manager wants the player he should be at us, not on loan from Kaunas.

Bringing young Lithuanians in directly to us gives them some security with their contract at Hearts and it will help them to get less abuse from some fans for being another loanee from Kaunas.

well thats nice, what does it have to do with the OP though?

the boy has never played for kaunas. He has been at Vilnius.

Certainly a positive signing.

Hopefully with the youth facilities we have in place we can nurture his talent and bring him through to the first team in a couple of years.

Seems he played for the Liths U21's when he was 16. Lets hope he can come and fulfill his potential with us. We seem to be following our policy of only signing folk who are injured though...

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1395377,00.html

He had a pretty bad injury apparently. Probably worth the risk of signing him up now when he's desperate for a club, means we get the first look when he's fit.

When have Lithuania ever produced a good player!

If he was any good Benfica would have signed him!

Number (TBC) GTF!

etc etc

Not true, if he was good enough for Benfica, they would have signed him.

We are NOT Benfica.

But I meant it as a negative comment. Think he should have yoused that chance :) maybe the club demanded a big transfer fee.

The barcelona scotish guy was used just an example for lack of ambition etc. compared to Novikovas similar situation.

Don't agree. Signing for a club the size of Benfica as a youth is often a mistake. Same as the OF - first team opportunites are limited as you have to come in with a large transfer fee in order to keep their glory-hunting fanbase happy.

The People's Chimp
Aye, it's Saulius Marian Zlatan Ramirez Ramoska.

:laugh:

As long as it's not Saulius Marian Beslija.....

If it was he'd be dining out on one good post about dundee united years ago....

The People's Chimp
I don't think Aguiar has done anything at all for us and he goes down as a poor signing in my view.

I have to say I find your posts becoming increasingly bizarre; aguiar a poor signing? You cannot legislate for him getting hammered in a tackle in training.

He put in a number of very good shifts in the middle of the park, and while it might be said he didn't control games enough, there is not one shred of evidence to support your contention that he was a poor signing.

I have to say I find your posts becoming increasingly bizarre; aguiar a poor signing? You cannot legislate for him getting hammered in a tackle in training.

He put in a number of very good shifts in the middle of the park, and while it might be said he didn't control games enough, there is not one shred of evidence to support your contention that he was a poor signing.

I think he is not suited to the SPL and has rarely had a good game for us. I particularly dislike his lack of interest in 60:40 tackles. I think he was slow, will now be slower and his passing was often wasteful.

He was unfortunate to be injured in training.

But overall just yet another poor signing from the rank rotten January 06 window.

The People's Chimp
I think he is not suited to the SPL and has rarely had a good game for us. I particularly dislike his lack of interest in 60:40 tackles. I think he was slow, will now be slower and his passing was often wasteful.

He was unfortunate to be injured in training.

But overall just yet another poor signing from the rank rotten January 06 window.

For me, having him back will be like having a new signing. I rate him as much better than Ruben, who IMHO is definitely not suited to the SPL, although many on here disagree. Frankly I can't stand Ruben, who I think flatters to deceive and think we play better without him. I accept that is a minority view, but then if the majority thought properly we wouldn't be in the middle of a financial meltdown, be fighting two wars and those in the middle east wouldn't be fighting over which fictional spook has the biggest beard. Alas.

Anyway I digress, Bruno's MoM performance when we beat celtic was proof enough for me that he was a good signing. If he hadn't been injured he would have been an important player for us last season. I'm looking forward to seeing him back.

For me, having him back will be like having a new signing. I rate him as much better than Ruben, who IMHO is definitely not suited to the SPL, although many on here disagree. Frankly I can't stand Ruben, who I think flatters to deceive and think we play better without him. I accept that is a minority view, but then if the majority thought properly we wouldn't be in the middle of a financial meltdown, be fighting two wars and those in the middle east wouldn't be fighting over which fictional spook has the biggest beard. Alas.

Anyway I digress, Bruno's MoM performance when we beat celtic was proof enough for me that he was a good signing. If he hadn't been injured he would have been an important player for us last season. I'm looking forward to seeing him back.

I also think that Palazuelos is totally unsuited to the Scottish game.

I also think that Palazuelos is totally unsuited to the Scottish game.

Both Aguiar and Palazuelos are neat, tidy, and totally ineffective.

Latter day versions of Lee Makel.

well thats nice, what does it have to do with the OP though?

the boy has never played for kaunas. He has been at Vilnius.

I never said he had been at Kaunas.

It is still relevant to this thread though. I was saying that this is a better way than bringing in loans and that if we are going to bring in players from Kaunas I would rather they are signed up permanently like this and preferably when they are younger so that they have time to settle in at Hearts.

Well said. I like Bruno and look forward to seeing him back. I was pretty happy at the time when he replaced Brellier tbh. Will be interesting when all fit to see who plays

Oh and welcome to the new lad. Great to be signing boys like this - even Kostadinov et al. If they dont work out, nowt much lost really. If they do, then good stuff. Look at Arsenal - their youth policy is immense and based mainly on foreign youth scouting. Although I do hope we continue to bring through young Scots too

jamboinglasgow
This must be the Lithuanian youngster I posted we were going to sign.

I think this will be the sign of the times,the boy went to Portugal because he was recommended by the kaunus /Lith NT team portugeese boy before he took over his new role.

Obviously we cant mention names of youngsters until they are old enough to sign pro,but there are a few more in the pipeline.

I doubt we will sign many more established lithuanian players from kaunus,but more east euros who have bean identified,we will get lithuanian youngsters .

The pramid has been redesgined for the better

This is a good signing, if the guy has the talent then learning the rest of his football at a top scottish youth academy will benefit him alot. I think hearts have be careful, too many foregin youngsters in the acdemy and it ends up like down south but if they pick a few but have the majority of youth players scottish, so say in a team of 11 then I would say no more then 4 should be non-scots. I think bringing in players from other countries can benefit our system as they bring in different styles which other players can learn from.

Think Hearts have had a shift in policy since Csaba has arrived and while it is true that before hearts seemed to change policy alot I think that was there was no one leader to direct it, only vlad suggesting different things. In Csaba and Burger, there are two people who know how to develop a team which is at an ideal point to take full advantage of youth. I think he sees the pyramid as a way of getting the right people through and I think the pyramid system will work with Csaba at hearts building the club and getting the right people and the portugeuse guy (no good with names) running both Kaunas and Portugal where he can help vlad and Csaba find the best lithuanian players and know who to develop. With the correct scouting network which Csaba wants to develop then we can find rough diamonds which we can polish in Scotland. With better training systems which focus more on technique than fitness (what Csaba has said was lacking at the acdemy) then I can see in a few years time a hearts produced player being seen as something which will be respected and wanted in Europe. Sporting Lisborn did it, now we can do it.

Ruben rules.

I understand who some might think he "flatters to deceive" - I would argue that he is deceptively effective.

I concede he isn't the best tackler, that's where his credentials as a DM fall short. But he presses and marks very well even if we shouldn't expect to see too many heroic lunges. And the pressing and harassing is half the job at least. Positionally he is excellent - put this down to him being a very intelligent footballer.

Great passer. And aside form a couple of games where he was off the boil, very rarely makes mistakes.

But I appreciate that he seems lightweight. He's a subtle one, but I have to say after Larry our most talented midfielder.

If Aguiar gets back to full fitness and stays injury free I think he will excel in this team due to the way we are trying to play the ball on the deck alot more.

We can spin this every way and that, but I'm not overly enthused about another Lith arriving.

We've just got to look at the stats.

We should have signed proven players in the last transfer window.

We can spin this every way and that, but I'm not overly enthused about another Lith arriving.

I knew it! There is one 'Negative Nancy' after all. What took you so long sir and will the rest of your NN cohort be joining you!? ;)

I knew it! There is one 'Negative Nancy' after all. What took you so long sir and will the rest of your NN cohort be joining you!? ;)

Maybe the Prestonpans postcode explains it.

Maybe the wrong thread chief but you are 100% correct.

Forget the negative comments, its a fact!

Maybe the wrong thread chief but you are 100% correct.

Forget the negative comments, its a fact!

Thank's, Clerry.

Having lurked on the forum for some time and finally taken the plunge and decided to post, it's obvious that there are a few "keyboard hardmen" that seem to be blinkered into what's actually happening to our once great club.

I enjoy reading a few posters on the forum, but in all honesty, those who are "bigging" this signing up need to seriously look at themselves.

I'm thicked skinned enough to ignore the flamers.

I'll willingly and gladly post as and when I see fit.

Cheers.

Thank's, Clerry.

Having lurked on the forum for some time and finally taken the plunge and decided to post, it's obvious that there are a few "keyboard hardmen" that seem to be blinkered into what's actually happening to our once great club.

I enjoy reading a few posters on the forum, but in all honesty, those who are "bigging" this signing up need to seriously look at themselves.

I'm thicked skinned enough to ignore the flamers.

I'll willingly and gladly post as and when I see fit.

Cheers.

Not so much bigging it up, nut this is the sort of signing we shoudbe making from Lithuania, not a bunch of 30 somethings who are on the way down in their career.

We should be looking for young guys who have potential, to bring through the ranks rather than plop into the first team. This is what has been wrong with the way we have signed players from there. Signings like this are the best way to utilise the market available to us.

there are a few "keyboard hardmen"

Mush little doggies....I have to return to my keyboard.....

313917671_d8bc1845ff_o.jpg

I tend not to get too excited when it comes to signing Youth Players.

These guys are always a long, long way away from playing First Team football.

Infact the majority don't even make it.

I still recall the ridiculous posts calling for Copil to played not long after he signed.

Not so much bigging it up, nut this is the sort of signing we shoudbe making from Lithuania, not a bunch of 30 somethings who are on the way down in their career.

We should be looking for young guys who have potential, to bring through the ranks rather than plop into the first team. This is what has been wrong with the way we have signed players from there. Signings like this are the best way to utilise the market available to us.

"Signings like this are the best way to utilise the market available to us?"

No it most certainly is not.

I agree that the gash that we've been fed in the past have not improved the rank and file of the squad, but if Vlad does know what's best, we should be provided proven players, not some "ifs" or "maybe's"

What have we done with the "other potentials" who are on our books?

It's not right.

I'll go back to lurking (no personal offence was meant in this post.)

I agree that the gash that we've been fed in the past have not improved the rank and file of the squad, but if Vlad does know what's best, we should be provided proven players, not some "ifs" or "maybe's"

It's not right.

So, we have more or less, full access to the players in Lithuania (I know not full) what woud you say would be a better way to use this, rather than not bringing in the young players with the most potential?

So because some players have failed to make the grade then we should not sign any more youngsters?

Proven players will cost a lot. In terms of fees and wages. And at this moment we do not have the funds to do this. "Breeding" our own team through the youths is the way it is going.

Id like to know how you would better utilise the eastern market.

So, we have more or less, full access to the players in Lithuania (I know not full) what woud you say would be a better way to use this, rather than not bringing in the young players with the most potential?

So because some players have failed to make the grade then we should not sign any more youngsters?

Id like to know how you would better utilise the eastern market.

C'mon, bud. Do these players actually provide anything to the squad?

We've got a young (Scottish) goalkeeper who's been frozen out. Why?

Another Lithuanian loan and a manager signing is stymieing him from even getting a bench place.

I don't want another Lith or Eastern European joining our squad.

We have/had a youth policy. Let's see Csaba utilise it and not be spoonfed more Vlad whims.

Rant over!

I tend not to get too excited when it comes to signing Youth Players.

These guys are always a long, long way away from playing First Team football.

Infact the majority don't even make it.

I still recall the ridiculous posts calling for Copil to played not long after he signed.

DH, absolutely spot on.

I obviously wish the lad the best of luck in his Hearts adventure but it did make me chuckle when it appears he is currently injured:eek:

Vlad can really pick em;)

Another Lithuanian loan and a manager signing is stymieing him from even getting a bench place.

I don't want another Lith or Eastern European joining our squad.We have/had a youth policy. Let's see Csaba utilise it and not be spoonfed more Vlad whims.

Rant over!

LOL.What about blacks?Do we have too many of them?

Chad Sexington

I don't want another Lith or Eastern European joining our squad.

We have/had a youth policy. Let's see Csaba utilise it and not be spoonfed more Vlad whims.

Rant over!

Sir_Alf_Garnett.JPG

It's not right.

Where have you been for the last 2 seasons?

Circumstances have changed. Vlad is not spending recklessly anymore. Youth is the way forward as selling young players a la Hibs is the only way we can pay down our debt.

Signing "proven players" may provide a qucik fix but we really ought to be able to get 3rd in the SPL with just a good management and talented young players complemented by some more experienced players, rather than the other way round. No other club outside the OF has any money so let them sign the journeymen 30+ proven players... I'd rather we took a punt on youth in the hope that a decent % progress, and bring in young talent who need a fresh start like Tullberg...

PS regarding your later post. Kello is not Lithuanian.

Last year Benfica were actively seeking A. Novikovas signature but were refused because he felt he was to young to move abroad. After the trial a serious injury slowed down his career.

Slightly worrying.

Archived