Ivaskevicious Coming Back

Only a Game

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown
Someone posted that he is one of the worst players to wear the shirt. Oh, how I wish that were true.

That person didn't see Hearts in the period 1977-81 when arguably some of the real all-time worst frequently played in the same Hearts team together. :o

JaMbO tIlL i DiE

if ivaskevicus was to return to the Jambos then i supppose it would be a good aquisition and would bulster the attack so i say ,,,,, bring it on :D Beleive 08 ;)

Not sure what is worse.

The fact we were given the impression he was surplus to requirements

or

The fact we are still trying to bully players into doing what Vlad says

I'm sure I mentioned he'd be back. Sooner or later my "assumptions" are going to have to stop being so luckily correct....

That said, if Csaba can motivate him, give him some sort of heart and awareness on the football pitch, give him the commitment to attempt to get the ball back when he loses it, gives him positional awareness, make him a team player.....

we might have an average player on our books

Not sure what is worse.

The fact we were given the impression he was surplus to requirements

or

The fact we are still trying to bully players into doing what Vlad says

I'm sure I mentioned he'd be back. Sooner or later my "assumptions" are going to have to stop being so luckily correct....

That said, if Csaba can motivate him, give him some sort of heart and awareness on the football pitch, give him the commitment to attempt to get the ball back when he loses it, gives him positional awareness, make him a team player.....

we might have an average player on our books

Why don't we all wait and see if

A - He actually comes back

and

B - He actually gets a game.

I trust Csaba and if he plays then fair enough - I doubt he will though.

I trust Csaba and if he plays then fair enough - I doubt he will though.

Absolutely agree

If Csaba checks off the improvements required of Ketusis on my list, he'll be acceptable cover for our subs bench (behind Driver, Obua, Kingston, Miko, and Chesney)

Victor Meldrew

Funnily enough, I was thinking the other day that Ivaskevicius was one of the players that might have benefitted from Csaba's management.

He does have talent which he's shown from time to time, and with a good manager he might do a job for us.

Someone for the 'hole' perhaps?

jambos are go!

As I've said earlier in this thread I only was impressed with him at the end of last season when he came on as a sub and looked strong and skilful. Another thing you dont encounter very often - I was sitting near the wing he was palying on and I sensed that the defenders feared him ala Rab Prentice and Neil McCann Mark I. Worth another chance IMO.

Guest JamboRobbo
Funnily enough, I was thinking the other day that Ivaskevicius was one of the players that might have benefitted from Csaba's management.

He does have talent which he's shown from time to time, and with a good manager he might do a job for us.

Id probably agree. the boy undoubtedly had some skills in his feet. But more often than not failed to apply himself properly in the match.

If he does come back, I'll be more concerned with why though, given we sent him home only a few weeks ago saying there was too much competition in his position.

I don't think playing in the hole would be his position either, IMO.

Latterly he seemed to have had a bit of time on the pitch in our defence

He might become a born again left back....

Id probably agree. the boy undoubtedly had some skills in his feet. But more often than not failed to apply himself properly in the match.

If he does come back, I'll be more concerned with why though, given we sent him home only a few weeks ago saying there was too much competition in his position.

I don't think playing in the hole would be his position either, IMO.

Possibly those players providing too much competition during preseason have failed to impress CL enough in competitive games and he's decided to give no28 another chance?

Guest JamboRobbo
Possibly those players providing too much competition during preseason have failed to impress CL enough in competitive games and he's decided to give no28 another chance?

I guess time will tell.

If thats the case, I wonder who'll be dropping out for him. Larry? Miko? Chesney? Driver? Obua? 5 of our better players i'd say, hence why the "too much competition in his position" statement seemed pretty plausible.

Larry seems to be the one who Csaba is least "happy" with so far. But to be honest, if our plan is to bring Ivaskevicius back to replace Larry, I'll be less than impressed. :)

Larry seems to be the one who Csaba is least "happy" with so far. But to be honest, if our plan is to bring Ivaskevicius back to replace Larry, I'll be less than impressed. :)

Even if it was for one game to put a rocket up Larry's a***?

Guest JamboRobbo
Even if it was for one game to put a rocket up Larry's a***?

I think Larry needs a rocket up his arse, but I think we have others (e.g. Chesney) who could do that and are better players than Ivaskivicius.

Guest GhostHunter

So, did we sign him from Kaunas, then loan him back, or, was he loaned to us then recalled, only to be loaned back ?

How that work then ?

Guest JamboRobbo
So, did we sign him from Kaunas, then loan him back, or, was he loaned to us then recalled, only to be loaned back ?

How that work then ?

We bought him out right for 52M, beating off bids from Real Madrid and Barca.

We bought him out right for 52M, beating off bids from Real Madrid and Barca.

Not to forget Man City's last minute bid of ?55.75m but Ivachoo has decided not to follow Robinho in just playing for money so picked Hearts for sporting reasons ;)

I've seen some truly awful players and trul awful performances for Hearts over the years, however few have matched the drivl served up by Ivaskevicius at the tail end of last season away to Kilmarnock. He was howling. He was consistently poor anytime he got a game. No surprise if he returns though although I am super confident that he will not play, after all, Csaba now picks the team. "Nurse"!!!!!!!

Think I can kill off this rumour.

FBK Kaunas have announced the players registered for the UEFA Cup and Ivaskevicius is among them.

FBK Kaunas have announced the players registered for the UEFA Cup and Ivaskevicius is among them.

Rumour. :o

I think he'll do well back at Kaunas, he looks a decent player at times just not quite ready to play all the time.

Truly gutted at this news. :P

Update from my source this morning.

Last week Ivaskevicous signed a short term deal with Kaunus. He was told he would be coming back to Edinburgh.

On Friday night he was told he would not be coming to Edinburgh until January as Mr Romanov had changed his mind and wanted him to stay and play in the UEFA cup.

He now wants away from the pyramid as soon as possible and will be going to Germany in January.

Last week Ivaskevicous signed a short term deal with Kaunus. He was told he would be coming back to Edinburgh.

On Friday night he was told he would not be coming to Edinburgh until January as Mr Romanov had changed his mind and wanted him to stay and play in the UEFA cup.

He now wants away from the pyramid as soon as possible and will be going to Germany in January.

How convenient. :D

Is that not the Hleb story just with the name changed? :rolleyes:

Convenient after your information was blown out the water :P

Is that not the Hleb story just with the name changed? :rolleyes:

Right enough. :laugh:

Haha just noticed that the UEFA Cup squad was announced on the 5th of September (Fryday). When was this thread started? :D

:laugh:

Convenient after your information was blown out the water :P

Pardon me for not getting minute by minute updates on the situation for you to allay your suspicions. Not that I give a toss about your suspicions anyway.

He was told on Friday he wasnt coming back, having been told two days before that, that he was coming back.

The source is close to him and 100% in the know.

Finally, an answer to our goal scoring problems. :o

Quick look at the table and rapid comparison of goals for and against - seems we have a defensive problem, not a goal scoring problem.

Guest GhostHunter
Pardon me for not getting minute by minute updates on the situation for you to allay your suspicions. Not that I give a toss about your suspicions anyway.

He was told on Friday he wasnt coming back, having been told two days before that, that he was coming back.

So he was loaned to us only to be loaned back to be loaned back again in September when the transfer window was shut only to be promised he would be loaned back in January when his short term loan had expired ?

No wonder there's a credit crunch....we've got too many loans on the go we dont know who's loaned what from who to where and when.

Cept Hleb.

He's in Roseburn apparantly.

:D

Guest jambomickey
So he was loaned to us only to be loaned back to be loaned back again in September when the transfer window was shut only to be promised he would be loaned back in January when his short term loan had expired ?

No wonder there's a credit crunch....we've got too many loans on the go we dont know who's loaned what from who to where and when.

Cept Hleb.

our transfer policy is a joke mate! we must have set some sort of loan deal record

Cept Hleb.

He would still have been here if he hadnt refused to renew his Kaunus contract. Romanov sent him home for not signing it. He had a think about what a silly boy he had been and signed a new one last week, on the gentlemans (there's a laugh) agreement that he would be coming back to Edinburgh. On Friday he was told he wouldnt be coming back. I specifically asked if Csaba had perhaps intervened and said he didnt want him back but the source says that it was a Romanov decision to keep him there for the UEFA cup.

Clearly he's not a happy bunny (albiet it was his own fault in the first place), aside from which my source, who shared a flat with him, now has to find somewhere else to live for the second time in a month, having been emptied when Ivaskevicious left the first time, and let back in last week when it appeared he was coming back.

That's ok, I forgive you.

You have to be aware though that if you post a rumour on KB it WILL be held against you if it doesn't come true so try a bit harder next time.

This is my second post and am not surprised at the backtracking that OAG is doing, if its not true it should be in rumour mill surely.

Heres my fact, several under 19s are being asked to move on and being offered 30 weeks money up front-source not anyone OAG knows, maybe Peanut can confirm

Charlie-Brown
This is my second post and am not surprised at the backtracking that OAG is doing, if its not true it should be in rumour mill surely.

Heres my fact, several under 19s are being asked to move on and being offered 30 weeks money up front-source not anyone OAG knows, maybe Peanut can confirm

Any idea which players are deemed surplus to requirements?

alwaysthereinspirit
Yesssss

It will give us something to moan about.

No $#!t. It's been dead around here. I hate international weeks.

What happened to the "olde" international Wednesday.

I blame Sky and Setanta.;)

Cept Hleb.

Isn't there a company that can consolidate all these things into one, manageable monthly payment?

Aye, because everything we read on here comes to fruition.

Previous tells me there's more chance of the thread starter blowing out a hole in his rear as there is of Ivaskevicius returning.

:rolleyes:

I'm hardly backtracking. Things changed between when I was first told and the next time I spoke to the person about it.

I'll watch your little gem with interest though.

I'm hardly backtracking. Things changed between when I was first told and the next time I spoke to the person about it.

I'll watch your little gem with interest though.

Could it simply have been that Ivaskevicius was too proud to tell his flatmate that he had been emptied and made up all that crap so that it could look like it was someone else's fault?

I think this thread is another example of secondary sources never being wholly reliable.

Archived