Ivaskevicious Coming Back

Only a Game

I can confidently tell you that Kestutis Ivaskevicious will be back at Hearts before the end of the month. He has resolved his contract "dispute" with Kaunus aka Romanov and will be returning to his club flat in Edinburgh possibly this week.

He is still registered as a Hearts player and therefore he is not prevented from playing due to the transfer window rules.

You heard it here first.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can confidently tell you that Kestutis Ivaskevicious will be back at Hearts before the end of the month. He has resolved his contract "dispute" with Kaunus aka Romanov and will be returning to his club flat in Edinburgh possibly this week.

He is still registered as a Hearts player and therefore he is not prevented from playing due to the transfer window rules.

You heard it here first.

Yesssss

It will give us something to moan about.

jambos are go!

Hope he comes back to resolve my dilemma about whether he is any good or not. Thought he was rubbish till one of the last home games last season when I watched from the Wheatfield Stand for once. Came on as a sub for Eggert and looked strong and skillful but still took dogs abuse.

Guest JamboRobbo

Didn't he leave because there was "too much competition in his position" or something like that? Can't see how that situation has changed since he left?

Is the 28 jersey free for him?

Joking apart, happy to give him a clean slate and a fair chance. Csaba has markedly improved the performances of Stewart, Mole and Zaliukas.

Is the 28 jersey free for him?

Joking apart, happy to give him a clean slate and a fair chance. Csaba has markedly improved the performances of Stewart, Mole and Zaliukas.

The voice of reason Blairdin. Got to give the players a chance under a real manager.

And your point is thread creator.

My point, first time poster, is to inform those who might be interested.

Those who are not interested can ignore it.

Welcome to the board.

Didn't he leave because there was "too much competition in his position" or something like that? Can't see how that situation has changed since he left?

I'm surprised you believed that JR.

It will be interesting to see how they explain his return though.

jamboinglasgow

before this is widely accepted can I ask for your source?

Guest JamboRobbo

See where you're coming from. To me, it seemed plausable, as we did appear to have better players in his position.

scott herbertson
My point, first time poster, is to inform those who might be interested.

Those who are not interested can ignore it.

Welcome to the board.

I thought he meant the reason for your existence was to create threads for us, which seemed reasonable to me in my self-centred world

maybe too much beer last night....

:eek:

before this is widely accepted can I ask for your source?

Yes you can ask, in fact you did ask. No I'm not telling you.:)

See where you're coming from. To me, it seemed plausable, as we did appear to have better players in his position.

Maybe he's coming back as a left-back... :P

It WAS perfectly plausible and we DO have better players in his position. That wasnt the reason he was sent home though.:P:p

chester copperpot

I think my nickname of him being the clubs boomerang is very apt in this instance.

Welcome back Boomerang. :sad:

Aye, because everything we read on here comes to fruition.

Previous tells me there's more chance of the thread starter blowing out a hole in his rear as there is of Ivaskevicius returning.

Doctor FinnBarr
It WAS perfectly plausible and we DO have better players in his position. That wasnt the reason he was sent home though.:P:p

It was because he was ****e!

:eek:

Aye, because everything we read on here comes to fruition.

Previous tells me there's more chance of the thread starter blowing out a hole in his rear as there is of Ivaskevicius returning.

Previous what ?

What is it with some of these Lithuanian numpties? They're like bleedin' boomerangs!!

#28 was/is one of the poorest players to wear the shirt.

You could almost synchronise your watch by #28.

There must be 30 minutes to go, #28 is getting a run-out.

Previous of reading ***** on here. (not by you necessarily)

Ive been guilty of posting the odd bit of meaningless drivel but I'm not known for posting made up rumours

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. I was told last week by someone who would DEFINETLY know that he was on his way back. In fact he could well be back in Edinburgh already.

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

We will.

Forgive me for not getting all apoplectic just yet.

Previous tells me better.

:)

We will.

Forgive me for not getting all apoplectic just yet.

Previous tells me better.

:)

I dont see the problem either way really. He's not bursting the bank on the money he's on and Csaba picks the team so he's not going to be appearing in the starting line up any time soon.:eek::eek:

I dont see the problem either way really. He's not bursting the bank on the money he's on and Csaba picks the team so he's not going to be appearing in the starting line up any time soon.:eek::eek:

:whistling:

Yep.

That will be the case i'd imagine if and when he returns.

At the moment, despite all your 'someone who would know' claims, he hasn't.

The Real Maroonblood

You heard it here first.

It makes my visit to the dentist on Monday a breeze after hearing about that waste of space coming back.

Thanks for cheering me up.

Marmeladent?rtchen

I thought boomerangs are things you wanted to come back!!!

I think 'bad penny' is more fitting or even better; 'bad centų'.

That said maybe Casba can give him a cokecola bath and polish him up!!!

;)

Charlie-Brown

The guy definitely has some talent within him as he showed in all too few brief flashes of really good play but also combined with some awful games or simply hiding - if he does end up returning then maybe Csaba is just the man to put a rocket up his erse and make Kestutis more switched on and a decent player more of the time.

The guy definitely has some talent within him as he showed in all too few brief flashes of really good play but also combined with some awful games or simply hiding - if he does end up returning then maybe Csaba is just the man to put a rocket up his erse and make Kestutis more switched on and a decent player more of the time.

The problem is undoubtedly a complete lack of confidence. Maybe Csaba is the man to turn him around and make him into a player.

In that case. should you not have ended your post with a,,, " .FACT" ?

You heard it here first.

I don't think Ivaskevicius is anywhere near as bad as some make him out to be and I would include myself in the 'some'. However the statment put on the club website about their being too much competition in his position is true.

We now have Driver, Obua, Cesnauskis, Kingston and Mikoluinas for the wide midfield positions, so if the team is selected on merit he wont get a game there. It would take an injury crisis in central midfield for him to get a game with Karipidis, Jonsson, Stewart and Paluzeulos ahead of him there. So the only positions we are threadbare on that he could cover are the full back positions.

Surely it would make far more sense for him to remain at Kaunas and actually get some games? It'll be interesting to see the official announcement on this if there is one.

I don't think Ivaskevicius is anywhere near as bad as some make him out to be and I would include myself in the 'some'. However the statment put on the club website about their being too much competition in his position is true. .

I remember thinking at the time that it was strange that the statement was made by Anatoly and not the manager. Why would one of the 'technical advisors' give a statement saying there was too much competition for his position. Correct me if I'm wrong but he was hardly a Striker, Left-Mid, Left back or Goalkeeper so not sure how the competition has changed.

Unless it's a swap deal for No.29, it's rather worrying.

My Belfast room mate will not be pleased at this news. :)

However I think the lad has a wee bit of ability there but a shocking attitude.

I don't think Ivaskevicius is anywhere near as bad as some make him out to be ....

Did he not win a penalty (converted by Stewart) and then score the 4th goal vs. Ranger in one of the few convincing displays we had last season? Doesn't make him a world-beater, I know, but it doesn't make him the worst of VR's imports either...

My Belfast room mate will not be pleased at this news. :)

However I think the lad has a wee bit of ability there but a shocking attitude.

Which one? :P

Did he not win a penalty (converted by Stewart) and then score the 4th goal vs. Ranger in one of the few convincing displays we had last season? Doesn't make him a world-beater, I know, but it doesn't make him the worst of VR's imports either...

At Ibrox last season when Kurkis threw the ball in the net he slaughtered Whittaker and Broadfoot (I think) for the first 30 mins of the 2nd half - absolutely slaughtered them.

Archived