Le Chat

Well ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Well ?

• Tynecastle
    • Fester Road
    • Down South
    • The Tattiedome

So, now that transfer deadline day is finally here where do you reckon he'll end up ?

Personally, I think he'll still be at the KnewCamp come midnight tonight.

I also think he's more likely to be at the MethaDome than at Tynecastle (I don't think he'd EVER sign for us).

Or will Owen Coyle or someone come in with a late bid from the Championship ?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to happen and to tell you the truth im not really sure if we have ever been in for him.The only people to have mentioned an interest is the press.No one at Hearts has mentioned being in for him and his agent has said only Hibs are after him.

ps Drivers comments don't count.

ToadKiller Dog

I expect him to end up back at fester road ,doubt he is brave enough to take his chance with the big club if we are after him,might mean Fletcher leaving them which would be a good thing .

Don't see it happening as it's not our policy to sign players from other Scottish clubs and as much as we're crying out for a goal scorer, I really, really, really don't want to see that classless scrotum pulling on a Hearts top. We loathe him and he loathes us and that's the way it should remain.

Drylaw Hearts
I expect him to end up back at fester road ,doubt he is brave enough to take his chance with the big club if we are after him,might mean Fletcher leaving them which would be a good thing .

A good thing ?

I think Hibs would be better off having DR back at ER plus cash in the bank for a player who doesn't seem to score goals.

ToadKiller Dog
A good thing ?

I think Hibs would be better off having DR back at ER plus cash in the bank for a player who doesn't seem to score goals.

Fletcher is a better player than Rearend and has more of a brain .the hobos are a far worse team than when ratboy left ,there is no proof he will score goals for fun in there current set up either.

Darth Sidious

Just been told by a Hibbee at work whose cousin works at Easter Road, he had his medical yesterday and will be announced today. She is in a pretty good mood after another defeat so she must be pretty convinced.

Hope Hearts had a back up plan.

A good thing ?

Agreed.

I heard someone say over the weekend that Fletcher has only scored 2 goals since February or something.

How the feck can a striker that doesn't score be valued at ?3M+ ?

Guest JamboRobbo

As a footballer, I rate Riordan and think he's exactly the sort of player we need.

Off the field, I have my doubts, but he's a young lad and may well settle down.

As a sign of intent, I think it'd be a great sign from Vlad that he's signing young scottish talent.

BUT, from what I can read, it seems that HMFC are a last resort for Riordan. i.e. he'll come here if he has no other options. I'm not convinced thats the best mindset for a player to be in when joining a club, and wonder whether we'd be better going for a less talented player who actually WANTS to play for us?

Drylaw Hearts
Fletcher is a better player than Rearend and has more of a brain .the hobos are a far worse team than when ratboy left ,there is no proof he will score goals for fun in there current set up either.

Fletcher may be a better player but he doesn't win them matches.

He simply doesn't score goals.

DR does.

Drylaw Hearts
Agreed.

I heard someone say over the weekend that Fletcher has only scored 2 goals since February or something.

God only knows.

Drylaw Hearts
As a footballer, I rate Riordan and think he's exactly the sort of player we need.

As a sign of intent, I think it'd be a great sign from Vlad that he's signing young scottish talent.

BUT, from what I can read, it seems that HMFC are a last resort for Riordan. i.e. he'll come here if he has no other options. I'm not convinced thats the best mindset for a player to be in when joining a club, and wonder whether we'd be better going for a less talented player who actually WANTS to play for us?

My thoughts also.

I just can't see it happening...ever, but I still think it would be hilarious (and fruitful) if we did.

P.S For those who don't know: there's a massive difference between Pilton and West Pilton.

Buffalo Bill

What's your gut feeling about it JR ?

That is why I reckon he will end up at Hibs. If we put in an offer and get it accepted his agent and Celtic would be straight on the phone to Hibs. If they see he may end up at us then they will no doubt make a bid for him. And if it comes down to us or them. He will choose them.

The only thing that gives us a chance is the fact we can actually offer wages.

Hans von Luck
God only knows.

Agreed.

Does that mean that Jamie Mole is worth 3 - 4mill as he has at least scored 1 this season, :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
I just can't see it happening...ever, but I still think it would be hilarious (and fruitful) if we did.

P.S For those who don't know: there's a massive difference between Pilton and West Pilton.

Buffalo Bill

West Pilton is one half of Pilton.

marshallschunkychicken

My gut feeling is that we were never really in for him.

I'd expect that if we are to sign a striker before the window 'slams shut', it will be something completely out of left field.

Anyway, I'm not sure that it would be all that wise to try and sign Riordan simply as a GIRUY to Hibs, and I'm not convinced he has the mental fortitude to play 100% for us if he did sign.

Good player, but there's too much ancillary s***e that would prevent him being a good player for US.

Guest JamboRobbo
What's your gut feeling about it JR ?

I voted for Tattie bowl. Although I have thought for a while that he probably will end up with us at the last minute, as Hibs won't be able to offer him the money and we will.

But now it's coming down to it, I'm not so sure it'd be a good move for us. I rate him, I'm just not sure if he'd be signing for us for the right reasons (i.e. cause he was motivated and wanted to play football).

Good point,when DR was there before he had Brown,Thomson and O'connor playing in the same side,i don't think this lightweight hibs midfield will create much for him imo.

Drylaw Hearts
Good point,when DR was there before he had Brown,Thomson and O'connor playing in the same side,i don't think this lightweight hibs midfield will create much for him imo.

IIRC he scored around 20 goals in Blobbys last Season at Hibs.

And I'm pretty sure they were a shiiit team.

Just been told by a Hibbee at work whose cousin works at Easter Road, he had his medical yesterday and will be announced today. She is in a pretty good mood after another defeat so she must be pretty convinced.

Hope Hearts had a back up plan.

Not doubting what this person has told you but why then would Riordan and his representatives be meeting with Hearts today if the deal with Hibs was already done? would Hibs allow that?.

Plus maybe she got her nat king cole last night?.

IIRC he scored around 20 goals in Blobbys last Season at Hibs.

And I'm pretty sure they were a shiiit team.

Penalty taker and free kick taker iirc.

can't stand the boy. complete waste of skin and his OOH activities with his thug mates are disgusting.

he can gtf and rot at the 'Tic or in the lower leagues as far as i'm concerned.

Not doubting what this person has told you but why then would Riordan and his representatives be meeting with Hearts today if the deal with Hibs was already done? would Hibs allow that?.

Apologies if i have missed something, but where did you hear/read this?

Darth Sidious

There is no proof other than News of the World. Anyone camped out at Riccarton/Tynie.

accordng to the evening news, Hibs have had 73 shots in 4 games, so it is obviously a finisher they need, riordan would fit that bill.

Just get the feeling that this is nothing to with Hearts,it stinks of a media story and nothing else .Don't even know if Vlad would put any money out on a Scottish player anyway.Imho we will not get a striker that is known to us,possibly another Eastern European at best .Which is not a problem as long as he can put the ball in the net.

Apologies if i have missed something, but where did you hear/read this?

Read it in one of the papers yesterday,Prob p*** but you never know.

Clark Griswold

My Gut feeling is that he will still be at Darkheid come 23:59:59 tonight. HIs agent also was quoted as saying this last week but things may have changed since then but still think he will be at the tattie munching bowl.

Hans von Luck
Read it in one of the papers yesterday,Prob p*** but you never know.

News of the Screws now there is a quality paper, I take it that you buy the Sunday Sport as well. :rolleyes:

ToadKiller Dog
accordng to the evening news, Hibs have had 73 shots in 4 games, so it is obviously a finisher they need, riordan would fit that bill.

The evening news also once said there were 5,000 hobos on there way to tannadice for a game ,An arab mate of mine at the game said more like 1500 max.

Hans von Luck
The evening news also once said there were 5,000 hobos on there way to tannadice for a game ,An arab mate of mine at the game said more like 1500 max.

Are you sure that it was not written by a certain :hobofish: Mr B Anderson. ;)

dont post much......but the meeting was yesterday!!!

West Pilton is one half of Pilton.

....and one half is very different from the other.

Buffalo Bill

Archived