Riordan to Hearts-The Sun

Stanley_

Goose Baxter
I know it is only the Sun which is hardly a reliable source but at least it is better than "I've just got a text from Riordan's mate's cousin's dog that says Riordan has signed for us".

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/article1615972.ece

Vlad must have his name in the black folder he keeps in his office with all the star names!!

Cant see him signing for us.

They can't even get the actual facts right so I'd imagine the story is made up filler to keep the Edinburgh readers interested.

Pretty sure you can't sign anyone from the same country on a pre-contract until the week before their contract runs out or something along those lines.

The 6 month thing relates to players in a different country.

They can't even get the actual facts right so I'd imagine the story is made up filler to keep the Edinburgh readers interested.

Pretty sure you can't sign anyone from the same country on a pre-contract until the week before their contract runs out or something along those lines.

Gary Caldwell-Hibs to Celtic on a pre-contract?

Ian Murray too.

And Kirk Broadfoot.

In fact, Derek Riordan from Hibs to Celtic as well.

Thats completely wrong JamboJen he can sign a pre-contract with anyone in any country including scotland.

IMHO, there is absolutely no chance he'll sign for us!

1-Hearts won't pay the money celtic will want for him.

2-He hates us!

The Daily Record had him signing for Hibs today, so it just goes to show that if it is in the papers it doe snot necessary mean it is true. One of them (or both) are wrong.

If I did have to choose one to believe though, I would probably choose the Sun as it is not as unreliable as the Record. And is is interesting this story and rumour has never gone away, where as others simlly die a death, so who knows.

I am not totally convinced yet - the story is marked as an exclusive, but usually when the Sun and the likes do that, EXCLUSIVE is in big red letters, this time it is not, making less emphasis on the exclusiveness of the story. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but perhaps this is because they are not totally convinced it is true, or perhaps it is because it is in other papers too, and not so much onf an exclusive (I have not seen the other papers yet).

He'll be at Hibs come Deadline day.But what if he did sign would people be ****ed off because he was a Vlad signing ?

He'll be at Hibs come Deadline day.But what if he did sign would people be ****ed off because he was a Vlad signing ?

And you know this because?

Frankly, I would take almost anybody, even Ratboy, who is a out and out striker able to provide the finishing power that Hearts so clearly need.

And you know this because?

Just the general feeling running through my head.Come on do you really think he'll be at Hearts ?

IMHO, there is absolutely no chance he'll sign for us!

1-Hearts won't pay the money celtic will want for him.

2-He hates us!

3 - We hate him

Just the general feeling running through my head.Come on do you really think he'll be at Hearts ?

Personally, no I don't, but the story has persisted, so I owuld not rule it out.

Frankly, I would take almost anybody, even Ratboy, who is a out and out striker able to provide the finishing power that Hearts so clearly need.

Spot on-looking at the chances missed already this season it's criminal for us not to be playing 2 up front, also we should have recruited an out and out poacher for the team.

We could still be playing Airdrie just now and still not have scored.

Riordan has already signed for HUBZ, and before you ask SOURCE,

RATBOY himself confirmed this on Sunday. Being kept out of press until Fletcher completes his move to SMELLTIC.

There is as much likelihood of Riordan signing for Hearts as there is of his going back to Hibs. The biggest hurdle it would appear is the ensuing trouble which will arise from the mutual hatred of both parties. There's a very good chance that money will soften the blow. :money::money::money:

real radio this morning said "romonov has confirmed his re-newed interest in forgotten celtic star, Derek Riordan"

dont think he will come personally, don't know if I want him to.

If today is not bad enough with the thought of that little **** getting in to our squad. :mad:

Yes I know we need someone/anyone who can actually score but please not him.

real radio this morning said "romonov has confirmed his re-newed interest in forgotten celtic star, Derek Riordan"

Yeah we've got way better options than him, lets stick with what we've got.

Just means they read the Sun

Not in the slightest. We are desperate for a finisher who could either play up front, in the hole or wide.

marshallschunkychicken
Riordan has already signed for HUBZ, and before you ask SOURCE,

RATBOY himself confirmed this on Sunday. Being kept out of press until Fletcher completes his move to SMELLTIC.

I don't believe he would ever come to Hearts.

For the record, were you speaking to him on Sunday? Friend of his?

Cheers

Yeah we've got way better options than him, lets stick with what we've got.

I'm not saying we have better, and I am not taking away the fact that, 3 years ago he was a decent player

However, I dont think I want to see him in a hearts jersey. Celtic will be wanting a decent fee for him, I just dont see why we dont take that money and spend it on a striker who has actually played regular first team football in the last few seasons.

my opinion - i believe i am entitled.

If he came and scored 20+ goals and got us 3rd or 2nd.....would he be a hero ?

:eek:

Christ aye. I'd take the wee scrote in a second. Who gives a **** what a **** he is so long as he's good enough?

Billy the Jambo

IF and it is a big fecking IF the sun is correct on this lets get him before Saturday in time for the Hamilton match

To me this just smells of the Mhanks dropping snippets to the papers in the hope a championship club will get ratboy off their wage bill imho !

Rudolf's Mate

Something not right here....

Daily Ranger saying they wont let him go for less than 250k however were they not offered 500k-600k from Burnley or someone a few weeks back?!?

Think the media are at it again!

Riordan rejected the move. Not Celtc.

Apparantly he has told Strap-on he will refuse anyone, anywhere, and if he wants him off the wage bill, (and he does, badly) to give Petrie a call.

Source?? 2 or 3 "In the know" at ER.

I can't see him signing for us (although I wish he would) but I also can't see Scrooge Petrie forking out the necessaries for Riordan. Unless he's willing to take a massive pay cut? I don't know....

I can't see him going anywhere at this rate.

Clark Griswold
Riordan rejected the move. Not Celtc.

Apparantly he has told Strap-on he will refuse anyone, anywhere, and if he wants him off the wage bill, (and he does, badly) to give Petrie a call.

Source?? 2 or 3 "In the know" at ER.

There are too many people who know some1 'in the know' and turns out to be bo***ks. Time will tell.

monkfish1979
If he came and scored 20+ goals and got us 3rd or 2nd.....would he be a hero ?

:eek:

Yes - moreso because it would almost inevitably involve pumping a few past whichever uncoordinated [filter edit] the Hubz have playing in goals for them over the course of a season.

If he's as big a hibbee as the reptiles believe him to be, Deeks would have to resort to crying and poetry to get over it.

Chad Sexington
because it would almost inevitably involve pumping a few past whichever uncoordinated [filter edit] the Hubz have playing in goals for them over the course of a season.

:laugh:

Commander Harris

wouldn't want him anyway, if the article is to be believed it would obviously be the mad one's decision - and Csaba can't have seen him play at all. :mad:

Hagar the Horrible
HEARTS' reported move for Celtic's Derek Riordan was dismissed today by the player's agent.

However, the Scotland internationalist has received loan offers from both Hibs and Leeds United

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/No-Hearts-move-for-Riordan.4435269.jp

Thats just agent talk for get the digit out and make an offer, otherwise whats the point of bringing it up, the latest gossip was those hundreds in the know over in bannedfromeverynightclubinedinburgh.net that he has already signed for THEM! so this agent talk then rubbishes those claims and his agent is trying do drum up some realistic interest before he is left to rot at thellik for another 6 months.

Celtic wont do business with us, Ratboy would need some persuation all by Monday, I would love the guy here, but he is stuck where he is!

Archived