US Open 2008

Deek

You are saying that first and third sets Fed has't been at his best?! Your watching a diff game from me then. I shudder to think what his best would have done to Murray.

Yes there was the bad call in the 2nd and who knows how it might have gone if the call had been correct. However, i dont think it'd have changed the overall outcome of this match.

Murray has done little wrong throughout, yet still finds himself staring at a straight sets defeat.

In the 1st I agree Federer was brilliant but Murray was better in the 2nd and are you trying to say that the fact that Federer stole the 2nd had nothing to do with the outcome of the match ?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are saying that first and third sets Fed has't been at his best?! Your watching a diff game from me then. I shudder to think what his best would have done to Murray.

Yes there was the bad call in the 2nd and who knows how it might have gone if the call had been correct. However, i dont think it'd have changed the overall outcome of this match.

Murray has done little wrong throughout, yet still finds himself staring at a straight sets defeat.

Federer has been ridiculously good, Murray had the better of him in the second and was so unlucky not to win it. Line judge ruined what could have been a great match IMO.

I P Knightley

Well, it's good news to see Fed back to his best. Let's hope he takes the Aussie Open to level with Sampras on Grand Slams won.

Murray's time will come and not too far away.

loveofthegame
In the 1st I agree Federer was brilliant but Murray was better in the 2nd and are you trying to say that the fact that Federer stole the 2nd had nothing to do with the outcome of the match ?

It perhaps sped up the outcome of the match, but Murray was never going to win with Fed on that form.

Murrays really arrived in the big time now though. Superb, especially with the victory over Nadal. His time will come.

Murray came up against what is arguably the greatest tennis player there's ever been, when he had a point to prove.

Federer was just superb.

Murray didn't disgrace himself.

I won't be convinced Murray will ever win a major til I see it with my own eyes... but he's close. And closer than he was just three short months ago.

It was out by a mile, you could even hear the crowd in disbelief.

Why the hell didn't Murray challenge the call?

Anyway, Federer picks up his 13th Major singles title. He's only lost against Rafael Nadal in Major Finals (3 times at RG and once at Wimbledon).

Murray becomes the 10th different player to have lost to him in a Major Final.

crazy_jambo_2006

I think if he hits a return +plays on, he loses the right to challenge,as the debatable shot is in the past. I think. Not sure. If the shot had been a direct winner, he could've challenged. Also I was not impressed with fans making noise when Murray was serving. He was outclassed though sadly.

Why the hell didn't Murray challenge the call?

Archived