US Open 2008

Deek

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know why Gillette chose to sponsor Roger Federer instead of Andy Murray?

:)

I P Knightley
Does anyone know why Gillette chose to sponsor Roger Federer instead of Andy Murray?

I see where you're coming from.

That ad campaign was set up in February last year when Federer & Henry were still at/near the tops of their games. I have a mate in sports journalism who was at the launch during the Dubai Desert Classic & he was texting me in disbelief that he was 'hanging out' with Woods, Federer, Henry & Schumacher (the last not being in the ads, despite having that massive chin to shave).

I see where you're coming from.

That ad campaign was set up in February last year when Federer & Henry were still at/near the tops of their games. I have a mate in sports journalism who was at the launch during the Dubai Desert Classic & he was texting me in disbelief that he was 'hanging out' with Woods, Federer, Henry & Schumacher (the last not being in the ads, despite having that massive chin to shave).

Aii, but not half as big as Coulthards!!

I P Knightley
[/b]

Aii, but not half as big as Coulthards!!

True but Schumi's is more squinty and he's a slightly better driver ;)

'Mon the Murray!!!!!

Mon the hairy hobo :)

Anyone know if this is on the radio? My connection can barely keep up with streaming football never mind tennis....

I think it's on 5 Live and Sportsound.

Anyone know what it is that Federer was meant to have said about Andy that was so awful? They alluded to it on the telly last night but didn't actually give details.

Woops.

Fed's playing a little bit well!

Could be nasty for Andy who doesn't seem to be going too badly...

Just a wee bit! Up one set already :eek:

I P Knightley
Anyone know what it is that Federer was meant to have said about Andy that was so awful? They alluded to it on the telly last night but didn't actually give details.

I think he said something about his momma being so fat that she beeped when walking backwards.

Either that or it was some petty wrangling about a comment about slapping a bird. Wouldn't let it lie.

There goes the first set. Gubbing is the word that the commentator's after but he said 'devastating'.

So far so good. Hopefully talent will prevail and it'll be over in 3 sets. Just to see the look on Judy's face. Working In Dunblane could be enjoyable tomorrow if this carries on.

Murray looks like he'll need to win the 2nd set to have any chance!! Cant see it happening though, Federer is looking strong, and maybe the occasion is getting to Murray.

Quote from the annoying Justintv chatroom.

"take that you toblerone scoffing ****!"

Pfft...there's filthy things going on in my one. In a virtual sense, of course. And there's a 33 year old E-Gangster called Sean too.

Edit: Oops, my mistake...he's called Dean. Can't watch the tennis very well but this lot are vaguely entertaining.

He seems to have settled now. I was concerned it would be a 6-2, 6-2, 6-2. Federer was awesome in the first set.

Hope Murrays knee is ok.:rolleyes:

This set should already be Murrays if it wasn't for an ******* of a line judge.

It was out by a mile, you could even hear the crowd in disbelief.

loveofthegame

Just one match too many for Murray. And Fed's been back to his near flawless best.

Murray's moment will come. Great tournie, deserves huge credit. But this one'll be over in straight sets.

I don't think anyone could live with Federer tonight.

Still, Murray is a young guy and his time will come. This is a great experience and achievement for him, regardless of the result tonight.

Murrays finished unfortunately.

Looks like it, guess he's not quite ready. Definately a major winner in the next few years you would think!

Just one match too many for Murray. And Fed's been back to his near flawless best.

Murray's moment will come. Great tournie, deserves huge credit. But this one'll be over in straight sets.

Would totally disagree. If that call had gone the right way Murray would have won that second set and deservedly so. Murray had caused problems for Federer on (I think) every serve Federer had in that second set.

You hear the Amercans cheering as Murray had the ball in the air ready to serve?

Tossers.

Flushing Meadow has long had a reputation as a venue with a boorish crowd. Players have often complained of noise from planes flying overhead and the waft of cooking smells from adjacent hamburger stalls.

I P Knightley
Flushing Meadow has long had a reputation as a venue with a boorish crowd. Players have often complained of noise from planes flying overhead and the waft of cooking smells from adjacent hamburger stalls.

...and Murray claims to love it!

loveofthegame
Would totally disagree. If that call had gone the right way Murray would have won that second set and deservedly so. Murray had caused problems for Federer on (I think) every serve Federer had in that second set.

You are saying that first and third sets Fed has't been at his best?! Your watching a diff game from me then. I shudder to think what his best would have done to Murray.

Yes there was the bad call in the 2nd and who knows how it might have gone if the call had been correct. However, i dont think it'd have changed the overall outcome of this match.

Murray has done little wrong throughout, yet still finds himself staring at a straight sets defeat.

Archived