US Open 2008

Deek

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say What Again
What about his big brother

5-5 1st set

Just chucked away 2 set points at 6-4 in a tie-break for the first set.

Ended up losing 4 points on the bounce and lost the first set 8-6.

Say What Again
Just chucked away 2 set points at 6-4 in a tie-break for the first set.

Ended up losing 4 points on the bounce and lost the first set 8-6.

And they've just lost the 2nd set and the match.

6-7, 4-6

Well done Murray although i had a 10er on him to win 3-2 so i was willing the Argie to take it to a final set.

Anyway on to tonight, hopefully Roddick can beat Djokovic, that way i can head of to Macedonia still hoping that i can come back to some dough.

I P Knightley

Does their Dad ever go to their matches?

Good question.

This is him at one of their matches:

53149697.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6597EF25C258EE7CA8BC3F87336C851A1

I think he stays away while mum, Judy, does the coaching bit from the side.

I heard that dad hangs out in bars saying to nubile young birds, "I'm Andy Murray's dad, dontcha know" and getting his hole while the rest of the family are pulling in the millions.

Chad Sexington
Good question.

53149697.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6597EF25C258EE7CA8BC3F87336C851A1

I heard that dad hangs out in bars saying to nubile young birds, "I'm Andy Murray's dad, dontcha know" and getting his hole while the rest of the family are pulling in the millions.

And the problem with that is....?

;)

loveofthegame
Hobo!:hobofish:

At least I can get to my bed early tonight.

Does their Dad ever go to their matches?

He actually goes quite a lot i believe, just doesn't hog the limelight. Fair play to him. Must be one proud Faether.

I P Knightley
And the problem with that is....?

;)

The main problem is that the only time I heard it was when I said it out loud just before typing it.

I'm sure he loves his wife.

Good question.

Andy's dad is a violently looking Carl Kennedy. Wow.

I P Knightley
Andy's dad is a violently looking Carl Kennedy. Wow.

Actually, on second glance, it appears that I may have posted a photo of John Leslie in a state of some agitation.

Actually, on second glance, it appears that I may have posted a photo of John Leslie in a state of some agitation.

If it were a picture of John Leslie, I'm pretty sure his left arm would be somewhere else.

Allegedly.

chester copperpot
1 set to the good. Couldn't have hoped for a better start. Go on Andy.

Nadal can't be as bad the second set.

Surely.

chester copperpot
Nadal can't be as bad the second set.

Surely.

What is it about Hobo's and semi finals that equates to empty stands? ;)

Brilliant... Well played AM,.. 2-0 up against the best player in the world!

Deservedly as well

Keep it up!

chester copperpot
Brilliant... Well played AM,.. 2-0 up against the best player in the world!

Deservedly as well

Keep it up!

Whats the odds on a Nadal victory just now?

All play has now been suspended until tomorrow. Nadal V Murray will start at 21:00 BST with the Woman's final to follow. The men's final will now be on Monday.

I P Knightley
I think they play their tournament at Queens.

Oh, you said roofs! :P

Good one.

Note to self: must try harder!

crazy_jambo_2006

Murray played superb last night. Hope he finishs the job tonight. I would disagree with anyone who said "he got lucky" to be leading 2 sets to 0 against Nadal. Murray did well.

Hibby bawbag has got lucky so far! Vamos Rafa :rolleyes:

Murray played superb last night. Hope he finishs the job tonight. I would disagree with anyone who said "he got lucky" to be leading 2 sets to 0 against Nadal. Murray did well.

Totally agree no way was he lucky he had Nadal in knots just trying to stay in the game.Murray was calm as **** last night where Nadal was totally flustered and a little bemused i would say.Still today is another day and Nadal might now just find the answers he never had last night.Hope not though.God could you imagine a Scottish tennis player winning a major after all those years of English failures.

Hibby bawbag has got lucky so far! Vamos Rafa :rolleyes:

Somebody who obviously cant differentiate between football and tennis. Or was half jaked when he posted and thought it funny at the time. :rolleyes:

God could you imagine a Scottish tennis player winning a major after all those years of English failures.

Surely he is British old chap. :)

ToadKiller Dog

He has certainly toned down his Scottishness in recent years after his comments about the english football side went down badly with the english media and more likely his sponsors also.

What ever the result today he will become world number 4 and clearly has the game to match those around him ,he has more shots than Nadal but maybe not as yet as tough.

Yeah i know but i threw in the Scottish/English because of years of pompus BBC Wimbledon coverage.

,he has more shots than Nadal but maybe not as yet as tough.

Every time I see him play though, he looks like he is getting tougher!

I think (as mentioned in the commentary yesterday) that the fact he was brought up playing against his Left Handed brother Jamie, has really helped him against Nadal. He knows how to beat a 'lefty' where as a lot of other people get confused with the whole backhand/forehand thing!

Yeah i know but i threw in the Scottish/English because of years of pompus BBC Wimbledon coverage.

I knew what you meant, I was being cynical. As I see it he is Scottish and British. But it must be getting right up the English/Canadian/Polish noses.:rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth

I think the surface at the US Open suits him better than anything else, I seem to remember him knocking out Federer on the same surface although cant remember if it was the same tourney.

I used to want him to lose but I cant help admire his battling spirit and never say die attitude, there's something really good about that, he just doesn't look like a hobo to me! I just hope that the break in the match doesn't knock him out of his stride and give Nadal the break he desperately needed at the time last night.

Another reason I want him to do well now is because some of the pompous English tennis fans on a forum I was reading recently were trying to state that Murray will never be anywhere near as good as their beloved Tiger Tim (that's got to be the most unsuitable nickname for anyone EVER!), when I think that already Murray has achieved more than Henman could ever hope to muster. Henman could only ever play on grass, and not very well at that!!

Murray has achieved more than Henman could ever hope to muster. Henman could only ever play on grass, and not very well at that!!

Come on John, Henman wasent a bad player. In fact he was a very good player. It was the hype from the English press we couldent stand.

As for grass, Tim never won a senior tournament on the surface.

He won 13 times, once on clay, once on carpet and the rest on hard courts.

Somebody who obviously cant differentiate between football and tennis. Or was half jaked when he posted and thought it funny at the time. :rolleyes:

Rafa is my favourite player, so it is more annoyance at him being bit than Murray being a Hibby bawbag! I used to dislike Murray, due to his petulance and immaturity, but his style of play and range of shots has quickly turned me into being a big fan, and he is probably now my second favourite player :eek:

Your second point may also be partly true, as I never actually saw the game as I stayed out in the pub all day after the Scotland game :o

Carl Spackler
Come on John, Henman wasent a bad player. In fact he was a very good player. It was the hype from the English press we couldent stand.

As for grass, Tim never won a senior tournament on the surface.

He won 13 times, once on clay, once on carpet and the rest on hard courts.

Henman's image problem was alot of things. Butter wouldn't melt for start. He appeared soft and fitted in perfectly with wanky Wimbledon middle England thing. The picture of him with a clenched fist says it all.

I always wanted Henman to win but I want Murray to win a whole lot more regardless of his major failings in the football supporting department.

Archived