Salmond...

coppercrutch

southlondonjambo
not at all mate

I want a stronger Britain, a tighter Union and a more secure nation in the globally volatile times.

Not to mention more financial freebies from the hardworking English..... :mad:

Still, at least when Mugabe McBroon and the rest of the anti-English nuMcLiebor mob are kicked out at the next election, the flow of cash being shipped north of the border will be turned off, leaving you crying in your sporran. Maybe we could instead fill up all the northbound trains with all the kilted alcoholics and drug addicts that clog up Kings Cross and Euston stations. One can but hope!

No union. English not British.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still, at least when Mugabe McBroon and the rest of the anti-English nuMcLiebor mob are kicked out at the next election, the flow of cash being shipped north of the border will be turned off, leaving you crying in your sporran. Maybe we could instead fill up all the northbound trains with all the kilted alcoholics and drug addicts that clog up Kings Cross and Euston stations. One can but hope!

Racism this early in the morning?

What a pwick.

The Mighty Thor

:bravo:

Fffrrrrreeeeeeeeedommm!!!!

General Posting Rules:...

5. No derogatory or abusive comments against other posters, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.

7. Sectarian or racist comments are not permitted. This does not exclude legitimate debate on current issues that may relate to sectarianism, but a careful monitor will be placed on such debates.

9. No irritating posting styles, such as use of all caps, text speak and excessive punctuation.

17. No trolling. Trolling is the act of posting with the explicit and sole intent of annoying other members.

I trust this helps with your future posts.

This thread is rediculous. You?ve got toggie, who to be fair puts across some decent points and can actually back up his opinions. The unionists for 3 pages now just fall back on, Salmond is fat, and hes a facist. Nonsence.

Mabey some people need to leave the uk to see the bigger picture, In terms of Europe, scotland is nothing at the moment. Since arriving in Germany last week I have been asked "Glasgow is the capital, right?" and is "Edinburgh south of London" aswell as in any tourist area?s with union jacks, having England pasted underneath them. We should not vote purley because of our national pride but at the moment we are simply not recognised as a country, or even as a state, at all.

When I worked in Brighton nobody would even accept scottish money, quite often I was told they didnt want it as they didnt like Scottish people and didnt trust their money.

As for London jambo, most of the junkies that hang about kings cross have England, or the 3 lions tattood on their skanky little bodies so please dont talk quite so much.

not at all mate

Mnay Nationalists think that to be proud of the union you are either a Nazi or a non patriotic Scot.

I am an extremely patriotic Scot. But a proud Brit also

The fundamental differences between me and a Nat is that i see scotland for what it is warts and all. I know it's genius, i know it's beauty, I know it's capabilities. I see the ugly side too.

I don't think of Braveheart and roaring Glen's when I see my country, i see mnay pictures, some very horrible indeed.

We are a fine proud country, that i don't deny. i have 3 tattoos. the Hearts badge, the flower of Scotland and the Red Lion

As you see savior in independence, I don't feel like we need to be saved.

I see Independence as an administrative catastrophe of gargantuon proportions. I don't think we will be any better off ESPECIALLY if the fat one takes the reigns.

I would not trust Salmond to water the plant in my living room.I thionk hollyrood is an eyesore and a shocking waste of good taxpayers money. Such is the millennium Dome, London 2012 and the Millenium wheel

I think many Nats have a chip on their shoulder. Kind of like many black people have regarding slavery.

Yes we had it bad in the past but we were by no means the victims that Hollywood would make us believe.

I want a stronger Britain, a tighter Union and a more secure nation in the globally volatile times.

I accept a few of your points - however you tar all nationalist with the same blush and have came to that conclusion by watching one, fairly crappy, Hollywood film.

I understand Scotland has problems, England has problem, Wales has problems and N. Ireland has problems - my point is we need to take steps to eradicate these problems. The Union has not done this, the gap between rich and poor keeps growing, Scotland keeps falling further and further behind in terms of growth and GDP. Something must be done.

You're right about the Scottish Parliament being a waste of money. It's ridiculous the amount of they spent on it. As you say, it's the same with the dome and the London Olympics. You have to remember though, without the union we would have been free of all these things. Think about how much that would have saved. You can then through in Trident - something which Scotland democratically voted against - that was a kicking in the teeth and then having it put on our shores is another.

Can I ask what your opinion is regarding the European Union? If you're in favour of 'everyone being united' should we give power over to Brussel's?

You also talk about the threat from terrorism. You have to ask yourself why we have this threat in the first the place? The answer is the UK Govt. We would have no greater thread than other nations such as Ireland, Norway, Iceland, Lechenstein, Luxembourg...

P

who are you actually arguing with?

I accept a few of your points - however you tar all nationalist with the same blush and have came to that conclusion by watching one, fairly crappy, Hollywood film.

I understand Scotland has problems, England has problem, Wales has problems and N. Ireland has problems - my point is we need to take steps to eradicate these problems. The Union has not done this, the gap between rich and poor keeps growing, Scotland keeps falling further and further behind in terms of growth and GDP. Something must be done.

You're right about the Scottish Parliament being a waste of money. It's ridiculous the amount of they spent on it. As you say, it's the same with the dome and the London Olympics. You have to remember though, without the union we would have been free of all these things. Think about how much that would have saved. You can then through in Trident - something which Scotland democratically voted against - that was a kicking in the teeth and then having it put on our shores is another.

Can I ask what your opinion is regarding the European Union? If you're in favour of 'everyone being united' should we give power over to Brussel's?

You also talk about the threat from terrorism. You have to ask yourself why we have this threat in the first the place? The answer is the UK Govt. We would have no greater thread than other nations such as Ireland, Norway, Iceland, Lechenstein, Luxembourg...

P

I am very much pro Europe

Fozzyonthefence
He is a loser. With a smug face that deserves to get hit by a train. Of course I should not wish death upon someone. That would be out of order. :rolleyes:

However it is quite within my rights to state that if he dies of a horrific disease I will have a beer to celebrate. Anyone that denies me the right to say that can class themselves alongside Hitler, Stalin and Gordon Brown.

Good day. :)

And I'd be within my rights to say you'd be a sick ****.

Fozzyonthefence
When I worked in Brighton nobody would even accept scottish money, quite often I was told they didnt want it as they didnt like Scottish people and didnt trust their money.

The ignorance of a lot of English people regarding things Scottish never ceases to amaze me. But you can see where the anti European feeling comes from too - many don't care about what happens outside England, or maybe even the South of England, never mind what happens outside the UK.

I'd go further than that mate M25land and the rest of the UK. happy with the self perpetuating "London allowances" and artifically inflated economy to care about anybody elsewhere

coppercrutch
And I'd be within my rights to say you'd be a sick ****.

Calm doon I were just having a larf !!

Of course I don't actually want to guy to die. I just want him to be stripped of his smug face. How that happens I don't care. I just find the attitude he has, for the leader of a political party, to be very poor. It is also not a very smart move, because he is not doing the best for his popularity. Hence why I think he is not quite as sharp as he appears.

Calm doon I were just having a larf !!

Of course I don't actually want to guy to die. I just want him to be stripped of his smug face. How that happens I don't care. I just find the attitude he has, for the leader of a political party, to be very poor. It is also not a very smart move, because he is not doing the best for his popularity. Hence why I think he is not quite as sharp as he appears.

engage back-pedal as per other notorius thread?

Fozzyonthefence

Why do you support a Scottish football team then? We've got enough bigots following us without attracting them from south of the border.

No doubt you would like to stop the flow of cash from North Sea oil being shipped south of the border too, or the flow of our MPs you need to run your country as don't seem to have enough of your own?

And of course, England doesn't have any alcoholics or drug addicts?

Has he celebrated any victory of non Scots ? Serious question - I don't know but I doubt it.

He was asked....What about the Scots gold medal winners.....

Non Scots ? The press didn't ask him that. They asked about the Scots gold medal winners. I'm sure he is happy for Nicole Cooke, Bradley Wiggins et al that they also got gold medals.

Why don't you contact him and ask what his opinion is of the success of the GB & NI team in Beijing instead of jumping to conclusions?

southlondonjambo

I can't stand being associated with the English Bulldog

I love how England lost to Croatia

I cheer on any team that plays England

Plenty hatred (envy?) of us English, but no qualms about filling the old sporran with English taxpayers' money?

And strangely no problems with McLiebour MPs coming down from Scotland to vote through unpopular policies on English matters which don't even affect their own constituencies? Typical hypocritical and bitter anti-English sentiment.

At the end of the day, England gets nothing out of this union. Can't wait till it is dissolved.

Plenty hatred (envy?) of us English, but no qualms about filling the old sporran with English taxpayers' money?

And strangely no problems with McLiebour MPs coming down from Scotland to vote through unpopular policies on English matters which don't even affect their own constituencies? Typical hypocritical and bitter anti-English sentiment.

At the end of the day, England gets nothing out of this union. Can't wait till it is dissolved.

Well form the ENP and make that youre main manifesto point. Youd have a lot of support dawn sarf.

Fozzyonthefence
That is fine and dandy. However he is intolerant of my views and those of many more. So by definiton he is a.....

Not rocket science.:)

So everybody with an opion is intolerant and therefore a bigot? So, presumably there is nobody that is not a bigot, then?

You've got to love all the well thought out arguments from the Chelsea Avatars & mini Huns on here, eh?

Get a grip

i am a proud Brit that does not mean I have to lick the rim of everyone in it

I hate many parts of being British and Scottish but this is outweighed far more by the pride and love I have

as for the rest , are you seriously telling me you want ScotlAnd to do well at sport?

I looooooooooooove when you arrogant bassaS take a hiding at sport. Do i hate the english?

Au contraire, I see them as one of my own. Having lived down south and have friends down there, I hold the place dear in my Heart.

You are just being a grade A tool I think - STOP TROLLING!

So everybody with an opion is intolerant and therefore a bigot? So, presumably there is nobody that is not a bigot, then?

You've got to love all the well thought out arguments from the Chelsea Avatars & mini Huns on here, eh?

It is true we are all bigots

All religions are bigots esp Christianity and Islam

Both the Bible and Quoran are so intollernat of any other faith and belief they satate if you do not believe in the word of this book you "will spend eternity in hell being punished"

Everything baout religion is bigoted.

Everything about football fans is bigoted

The word is ridiculously overused.

I am 100 % intollerant of EVERY other football club, their fans and their beliefs

i8hibsh = bigot

Fozzyonthefence

1. North Sea Oil revenue - we'll have it all back please. I'm also fed up funding things with my taxes like Wembley Stadium, the Olympics, etc

2. We can't help it if you need Scots with superior intelligence to take all the top government jobs to run your region of the UK, if you can't find enough suitable candidates from a population of 55 million. And if it sticks it right up bigots like you, I love it!

3. Can't wait either

South London Jambo is very much entitled to his opinion tho

After all he mirrors the EXACT same belief of the Scottish Nationalists

I just can't stand ANY form of Nationalism

Examples of what Nationalism does can be summed up in these countries/conflicts/regions

India

Pakistan

The Balkans

China

WWI

WWII

The Basque

The Falklands

Russia

Baltics

Almost every African Nation

These are just to name a few!!!!

you can trace Nationalism to almost EVERY single conflict in history and sadly the modern age also

I am not suggesting the world becomes one big country, but Salmond and his brigade are extreme Nationalists.

I am not suggesting the man is going to start a turf war etc on England to claim what is theirs etc but the guy IMHO is a racist. I don't apologise for thinking this. I strongly believe it

I dont want to be a part of 'his' country

1. North Sea Oil revenue - we'll have it all back please. I'm also fed up funding things with my taxes like Wembley Stadium, the Olympics, etc

2. We can't help it if you need Scots with superior intelligence to take all the top government jobs to run your region of the UK, if you can't find enough suitable candidates from a population of 55 million. And if it sticks it right up bigots like you, I love it!

3. Can't wait either

All 3 points are ridicuolous

coppercrutch
engage back-pedal as per other notorius thread?

Eh ? Why would I back peddle ? I can say I wish he was dead if I want. I was actually just giving an over the top remark because I felt like it. Happens a lot on this site dont you know...:P

I wouldn't be bothered if Salmond died today. I wouldn't overly want him to actually die though. I am sure he thinks the same of me. If he even knew who I was. Anyway what I 'want' to happen means very little so who cares.

Jeez some people take this forum a little too seriously sometimes..

He was asked....What about the Scots gold medal winners.....

Non Scots ? The press didn't ask him that. They asked about the Scots gold medal winners. I'm sure he is happy for Nicole Cooke, Bradley Wiggins et al that they also got gold medals.

Why don't you contact him and ask what his opinion is of the success of the GB & NI team in Beijing instead of jumping to conclusions?

I didn't. I asked if anyone knew so they could confirm it. With his attitude to the rest of the UK I stated I simply would not be surprised if he failed to congratulate them also.

No - why dont you read the definition of the word !!

A bigot is anyone who is intolerent of others opinions. Whether those opinions are valid or commonly acceptable is here nor there. Hence why I stated that 99.9% of the population are bigots. As I have said people use the word and dont understand what it means. As you have just perfectly demonstrated again.

Thanks.

The Mighty Thor
I didn't. I asked if anyone knew so they could confirm it. With his attitude to the rest of the UK I stated I simply would not be surprised if he failed to congratulate them also.

Is that not, by default, you forming or 'jumping to' a conclusion yourself?

Without any positive answer either way i would say that you are jumping to the conclusion that Scotland's First Minister would deliberately fail to congratulate medal winners of the GB & NI team because they don't hail from Scotland.

Eh ? Why would I back peddle ? I can say I wish he was dead if I want. I was actually just giving an over the top remark because I felt like it. Happens a lot on this site dont you know...:P

I wouldn't be bothered if Salmond died today. I wouldn't overly want him to actually die though. I am sure he thinks the same of me. If he even knew who I was. Anyway what I 'want' to happen means very little so who cares.

Jeez some people take this forum a little too seriously sometimes..

Thanks.

So starting this thread with an "over the top remark" that doesn't really matter does that not constitute "trolling" ?

coppercrutch
Is that not, by default, you forming or 'jumping to' a conclusion yourself?

Without any positive answer either way i would say that you are jumping to the conclusion that Scotland's First Minister would deliberately fail to congratulate medal winners of the GB & NI team because they don't hail from Scotland.

How can I reach a 'conclusion' if I am asking people to confirm something to me ? A conclusion is the end of something. If I am asking a question how can that consitutute the end of anything ? Surely I wiould have to wait for a response for that...

Maybe if you say I 'jumped to an initial conclusion whilst awaiting confirmation prior to my final conclusion' that would be accurate.

So starting this thread with an "over the top remark" that doesn't really matter does that not constitute "trolling" ?

You are correct - I did start this thread with an 'over the top remark'. That remark was not from me however. It was from Alex Salmond. ;)

'First Minister Alex Salmond congratulated Hoy and Edgar for making their event the "Braveheart final". This is a fantastic achievement, and Scotland's greatest sporting moment at the Olympics of all time. They did Scotland proud'

It was a fantastic achievement by a Scottish born rider competing for Great Britain and NI at the Olympics. Could Salmond bring himself to state that FACT ?

No. That is why he is a chump. End of. :)

The Mighty Thor
How can I reach a 'conclusion' if I am asking people to confirm something to me ? A conclusion is the end of something. If I am asking a question how can that consitutute the end of anything ? Surely I wiould have to wait for a response for that...

Maybe if you say I 'jumped to an initial conclusion whilst awaiting confirmation prior to my final conclusion' that would be accurate.

The fact you allowed your preformed predjudice against the First Minister to lead you to form an initial conclusion based on speculation without any confirmation of fact which would support that initial conclusion or indeed allow you to digest the information available to lead you to a final conclusion weakens your argument significantly. IMHO of course :rolleyes:

I salute your indefatigability.

Baws....wrong politician! ;)

coppercrutch
The fact you allowed your preformed predjudice against the First Minister to lead you to form an initial conclusion based on speculation without any confirmation of fact which would support that initial conclusion or indeed allow you to digest the information available to lead you to a final conclusion weakens your argument significantly. IMHO of course :rolleyes:

I salute your indefatigability.

Baws....wrong politician! ;)

How about the fact that Salmond clearly finds it difficult, if not impossible, to say anything good about anything to do with Great Britain.

I think he classes 'Great Britain' as a swearword.

The Mighty Thor
How about the fact that Salmond clearly finds it difficult, if not impossible, to say anything good about anything to do with Great Britain.

I think he classes 'Great Britain' as a swearword.

I think you'll find that Alex Salmond as Scotland's First Minister would rather accentuate the positives of Scotland as a country rather than be discussing Great Britain which is an entity he would rather Scotland as a nation was no longer a part of. I wouldn't expect much else from Scotland's First Minister regardless of their political hue.

As for finding Great Britain a swear word i have no proof of that nor do you. Alex Salmond served in the Parlaiment of Great Britian for a long number of years and i'm quite sure (but again i have no proof) that he understands the part that GB plays/has played in the destiny of Scotland just as much as he sees the opportunity Scotland has to determine it's own destiny in the future.

South London Jambo is very much entitled to his opinion tho

After all he mirrors the EXACT same belief of the Scottish Nationalists

I just can't stand ANY form of Nationalism

Examples of what Nationalism does can be summed up in these countries/conflicts/regions

India

Pakistan

The Balkans

China

WWI

WWII

The Basque

The Falklands

Russia

Baltics

Almost every African Nation

These are just to name a few!!!!

you can trace Nationalism to almost EVERY single conflict in history and sadly the modern age also

I am not suggesting the world becomes one big country, but Salmond and his brigade are extreme Nationalists.

I am not suggesting the man is going to start a turf war etc on England to claim what is theirs etc but the guy IMHO is a racist. I don't apologise for thinking this. I strongly believe it

I dont want to be a part of 'his' country

Like it or not, mate - you are nationalist, a British Nationalist (I'm not insinuating any BNP thing here).

You could blame the problems in the the aforementioned state's on a lot of factors. One is the British empire, if you look at Africa and indeed Parkistan and India you could shift a lot of blame onto the British Empire, as well as Nationalism and British Nationalism.

Nationalism has resulted in war and deaths, yes. So has 'unionism', so has many other things, religion for one. But to say that Nationalism is all bad, is naive in my opinion.

For the record, I don't mind in the slightest when the UK win at the Olympics, I even cheer them on. I am, a bit more interested when a Scots athlete is victorious but will still support English, Welsh and N.Irish athletes...

...unless they're up against Italians ;)

All this 'Salmond doesn't support British athletes', 'Salmond think United Kingdom is a swear word' is just ridiculous. it's pure speculation and specualtion that is coming from people who have never actually met the man.

I think Gordon and Douglas Alexander are gay together...

Like it or not, mate - you are nationalist, a British Nationalist (I'm not insinuating any BNP thing here).

You could blame the problems in the the aforementioned state's on a lot of factors. One is the British empire, if you look at Africa and indeed Parkistan and India you could shift a lot of blame onto the British Empire, as well as Nationalism and British Nationalism.

Nationalism has resulted in war and deaths, yes. So has 'unionism', so has many other things, religion for one. But to say that Nationalism is all bad, is naive in my opinion.

Toggie have you read anything I have said?

I am the least Nationalistic person in the world

Being a proud Brit does not make me a Brittish Nationalist, just like me being a proud Scot does not make me a Scottish Nationalist

Alex Salmond will find it hard to hijack the cyclists' achievement today. Chris Moy was struggling to keep his emotions in check when the Union Jack was raised at the medal ceremony: hardly a Braveheart moment.

Alex Salmond is as opportunistic as any other politician. His performance in the awarding of the Commonwealth Games to Glasgow last year must have given the uninformed observer the impression that he was the driving force behind the whole enterprise and not the latecomer that he was in reality.

Don't magnify his opportunism by giving his statements any more credibility than they deserve.

Alex Salmond is as opportunistic as any other politician. His performance in the awarding of the Commonwealth Games to Glasgow last year must have given the uninformed observer the impression that he was the driving force behind the whole enterprise and not the latecomer that he was in reality.

Don't magnify his opportunism by giving his statements any more credibility than they deserve.

Not that im taking sides here, but I take it you missed his speech when he was praising Jack McConnell to the hilt for his efforts and freely said that without him and the previous administration, it wouldnt have been possible to win the bid?

:laugh:

Why the **** would I want to be English?

this_is_my_story

I make a point of trying to steer away from threads with a political or religious subject matter. However.... you've got to love some of the irony. Coppercrutch advising expertly on the use of the 'b' word and ticking off those who are failing to grasp it's proper meaning - yet informing us not once, but twice on page one of the thread of his preference regarding the existence of a politician from whom he happens to have a different opinion!! Brilliant!

"Ah but... didnae really mean it... was really only havin' a laugh... hey, even then, I'm still allowed to say I want him to die..."

That horse has bolted, and you can't catch it now! Keep up the good work lads.

Can't say that it was widely reported enough for me to notice. I don't always make a point of following the pronouncements of our First Minister. That aside, I cannot for the life of me imagine Alex Salmond praising his predecessor for anything. That would mean talking about somebody else. Perhaps that praise, just like most of Alex Salmond's projects, is in the pipeline and will be delivered before the end of this Parliament.

But if you say he did, I believe you.

coppercrutch
I make a point of trying to steer away from threads with a political or religious subject matter. However.... you've got to love some of the irony. Coppercrutch advising expertly on the use of the 'b' word and ticking off those who are failing to grasp it's proper meaning - yet informing us not once, but twice on page one of the thread of his preference regarding the existence of a politician from whom he happens to have a different opinion!! Brilliant!

"Ah but... didnae really mean it... was really only havin' a laugh... hey, even then, I'm still allowed to say I want him to die..."

That horse has bolted, and you can't catch it now! Keep up the good work lads.

What are you talking about ? I have explained to people that most don't know what the word bigot means. I am right whether you like it or not. What has this got to do with my dislike of Salmond ? I am a bigot. I do not tolerate his views. That amkes me a bigot. I am sure you are a bigot too.

If he were dead it would not bother me in the slightest, but I was just being OTT in saying that I wanted him dead. Is that ok with you ? The next time I want to clarify my point will I check with yourself first to make sure it's ok ?

Your above post does not seem to have a point.

That "horse has bolted" ? What are you talking about ? Maybe you should be in the Olympics forum. ;)

coppercrutch
For the record, I don't mind in the slightest when the UK win at the Olympics, I even cheer them on. I am, a bit more interested when a Scots athlete is victorious but will still support English, Welsh and N.Irish athletes...

...unless they're up against Italians ;)

All this 'Salmond doesn't support British athletes', 'Salmond think United Kingdom is a swear word' is just ridiculous. it's pure speculation and specualtion that is coming from people who have never actually met the man.

I think Gordon and Douglas Alexander are gay together...

Fine then. Prove your point. Show us simply one quote of him supporting British athletes. As I have said I don't know if he has or not. Simply prove this by one single quote. I am sure if he has you will find it easy. You seem to be his spokesman these days...:P

Over to you Toggie.

Oh and by the way just watching Hoy well up as the Union Flag is raised and 'God Save the Queen' is played out loud.

Bet that makes Salmond sick to his stomach. Shame. :P

Fine then. Prove your point. Show us simply one quote of him supporting British athletes. As I have said I don't know if he has or not. Simply prove this by one single quote. I am sure if he has you will find it easy. You seem to be his spokesman these days...:P

Over to you Toggie.

Oh and by the way just watching Hoy well up as the Union Flag is raised and 'God Save the Queen' is played out loud.

Bet that makes Salmond sick to his stomach. Shame. :P

Show me a quote where a former First Minister of Scotland supported British athletes.

P.S you're not far off my profession.

Toggie have you read anything I have said?

I am the least Nationalistic person in the world

Being a proud Brit does not make me a Brittish Nationalist, just like me being a proud Scot does not make me a Scottish Nationalist

What do you think Nationalism is?

If you think that Nationalists believe that they are superior to all other nations, then you are very far off the mark.

Do you believe that Scotland, England, Wales and N Ireland should have one sovereign Parliament?

What are you talking about ? I have explained to people that most don't know what the word bigot means. I am right whether you like it or not. What has this got to do with my dislike of Salmond ? I am a bigot. I do not tolerate his views. That amkes me a bigot. I am sure you are a bigot too.

If he were dead it would not bother me in the slightest, but I was just being OTT in saying that I wanted him dead. Is that ok with you ? The next time I want to clarify my point will I check with yourself first to make sure it's ok ?

Your above post does not seem to have a point.

That "horse has bolted" ? What are you talking about ? Maybe you should be in the Olympics forum. ;)

:confused: And you call Salmond arrogant. Best to stop digging IMO .

coppercrutch
:confused: And you call Salmond arrogant. Best to stop digging IMO .

I am not a public figure in charge of a political party. How many times do I have to say this. Who cares if I am an arrogant ****. If I was I would have the brains to change. Salmond does not. Hence he is a chump. FACT. :P

coppercrutch
Show me a quote where a former First Minister of Scotland supported British athletes.

P.S you're not far off my profession.

I couldn't give a flying **** what a former First Minister said.

You are the one saying it is 'PURE SPECULATION' that the current First Minister, Salmond, does not support British athletes.

Now prove your point. Or admit you are wrong.

Again, over to you Toggie. :)

coppercrutch

Oh and Toggie here you go. Found one in 2 seconds on google.

http://www.uksport.gov.uk/news/2104/

"This is a great day for British sport. Public support for the bid in Scotland has always been amongst the highest in the UK." Jack McConnell, Scottish First Minister

Over to you. ;)

I couldn't give a flying **** what a former First Minister said.

You are the one saying it is 'PURE SPECULATION' that the current First Minister, Salmond, does not support British athletes.

Now prove your point. Or admit you are wrong.

Again, over to you Toggie. :)

I've got nothing to prove. I never said Salmond DID/DOES support UK athletes - I said it was 'pure speculation' he doesn't. Hence, it's your job to prove your point.

Do you not understand how that works?

You came with a point. I said it was speculation. You asked me to prove the opposite of your point. I never said the opposite just asked you to prove yours.

coppercrutch
I've got nothing to prove. I never said Salmond DID/DOES support UK athletes - I said it was 'pure speculation' he doesn't. Hence, it's your job to prove your point.

Do you not understand how that works?

You came with a point. I said it was speculation. You asked me to prove the opposite of your point. I never said the opposite just asked you to prove yours.

See above post by myself. You are what I think they call 'Pwned'....:P

Again over to you Toggie. Or are you just going to avoid the question again for the second time ? That is fine. Up to you. But will make you look rather pathetic. Again. Over to you.

If you are a spokeperson by profession - you are not doing a great job of it.

Oh and Toggie here you go. Found one in 2 seconds on google.

http://www.uksport.gov.uk/news/2104/

"This is a great day for British sport. Public support for the bid in Scotland has always been amongst the highest in the UK." Jack McConnell, Scottish First Minister

Over to you. ;)

He says 'it's a great day for British Sport' - where is the praising athletes?

Archived