Salmond...

coppercrutch

coppercrutch

'First Minister Alex Salmond congratulated Hoy and Edgar for making their event the "Braveheart final". This is a fantastic achievement, and Scotland's greatest sporting moment at the Olympics of all time. They did Scotland proud'.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/uk/Britain-enjoys-best-Olympic-haul.4398714.jp

Discuss.

The words pathetic, infantile, narrow, minded, chip, shoulder, on - are all expected.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The words pathetic, infantile, narrow, minded, chip, shoulder, on - are all expected.

Can we talk about Salmond, Hoy and Edgar as well? ;)

'First Minister Alex Salmond congratulated Hoy and Edgar for making their event the "Braveheart final". This is a fantastic achievement, and Scotland's greatest sporting moment at the Olympics of all time. They did Scotland proud'.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/uk/Britain-enjoys-best-Olympic-haul.4398714.jp

Discuss.

That oily, smug publicity seeker will stop at nothing to get his name in front of the public. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why, he has even claimed to be a Hearts fan. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

coppercrutch
Can we talk about Salmond, Hoy and Edgar as well? ;)

I think we should all talk about these two. Did Britain and Scotland proud. Fantastic athletes. MOD EDIT

A Boy Named Crow
I think we should all talk about these two. Did Britain and Scotland proud. Fantastic athletes. MOD EDIT

Ah - infantile.

Discuss.

Local pride perhaps. As for the Mayor of Mansfield.... :rolleyes:

coppercrutch
Ah - infantile.

Indeed. I do not purport to be a leader of a nation though do I....:rolleyes:

Salmond is a loser. End of.

He's a politician. All politicians of whatever persuasion will attempt to get a positive out of most events they are at. Deal with it. :P

coppercrutch
He's a politician. All politicians of whatever persuasion will attempt to get a positive out of most events they are at. Deal with it. :P

He is a loser. With a smug face that deserves to get hit by a train. Of course I should not wish death upon someone. That would be out of order. :rolleyes:

However it is quite within my rights to state that if he dies of a horrific disease I will have a beer to celebrate. Anyone that denies me the right to say that can class themselves alongside Hitler, Stalin and Gordon Brown.

Good day. :)

Who won the last Holyrood election?

Nobody. No party had an overall majority. :rolleyes:

coppercrutch
Not really true is it?

Who won the last Holyrood election?

If King Kong was up against Labour he would have won that election. The guy is a loser. He will die one day. Like all of us. I hope his inevitable fate comes sooner rather than later. :)

Nobody. No party had an overall majority. :rolleyes:

He's still more of a winner than any other scottish politician at present. Arrogant and smug he might be but he is very effective. :)

He's still more of a winner than any other scottish politician at present. Arrogant and smug he might be but he is very effective. :)

Oh, and a Hearts fan to boot.... :slither:

Miller Jambo 60

Lets talk about Brown CREDIT CRUNCH.

We are ****ed tory or labour we are ****ed

Gorgie PM PLEASE

The fat fascist is just a f****** nuisance

I wish he would just feck off and get hit by a steamroller :)

He is the biggest bigot i have ever seen. Mods I am sorry but i strongly belive that the fat mess is a bigot. i am entitled to my thoughts

His extreme nationalism is quite concenring and the chubby mess MUST BE STOPPED

He is the biggest bigot i have ever seen. Mods I am sorry but i strongly belive that the fat mess is a bigot. i am entitled to my thoughts

Define extreme.

Example of Salmond being Fascist and bigoted please, if you do not, as I suspect, have any then I would suggest removing your comments as the above is slander.

It also highlights your severe lack of knowledge of politics in general, the Scottish political landscape and your own bigoted attitudes.

coppercrutch
Example of Salmond being Fascist and bigoted please, if you do not, as I suspect, have any then I would suggest removing your comments as the above is slander.

It also highlights your severe lack of knowledge of politics in general, the Scottish political landscape and your own bigoted attitudes.

Not the sharpest tool in the box are you..:rolleyes:

He is a loser. With a smug face that deserves to get hit by a train. Of course I should not wish death upon someone. That would be out of order. :rolleyes:

However it is quite within my rights to state that if he dies of a horrific disease I will have a beer to celebrate. Anyone that denies me the right to say that can class themselves alongside Hitler, Stalin and Gordon Brown.

Good day. :)

good day ? you have naturally taken the politicians view of your views and at the same time reserve the right to hope for a horrible death on a jambo??

he's a public nuisance

Oh, and a Hearts fan to boot.... :slither:

that comment is just like saying

"you gotta like him as he's white"

bigotted?

the guy is an extreme nationalist(albeit not right wing) so that kinda covers the fascist part

bigoted - indeed he is. He think the Scots are the greatest race in the entire world and will not hear anything that is not Scottish. He is obsessed with his beliefs and identities. He sees Scots as superior and all perfect.

He is a vile fat bigot and i steadfastly stand by my claim

Trust me that man will milk every last drop of publicity out of Rebecca.

In saying that, it is great for the town and i for one will go on the streets to cheer her when she comes home.

Discuss.

I'd echo Alex Salmond's view that they did Scotland proud.

Good to see two fellow Hearts supporters at the top of their respective games!

coppercrutch
good day ? you have naturally taken the politicians view of your views and at the same time reserve the right to hope for a horrible death on a jambo??

I don't care if he is a Jambo. He is trying to destroy this country.

I'd echo Alex Salmond's view that they did Scotland proud.

Good to see two fellow Hearts supporters at the top of their respective games!

They did the team of Great Britain and NI proud. Scotland are not represented at the Olympic Games. FACT. ;)

coppercrutch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

"A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is the corresponding state of mind"

Alex Salmond is intolerant of the opinions of more than half the Scottish Population (At last count).

So Toggie - unless you have the power to alter the meaning of the word 'bigot' for the entire World, which I doubt you do, please tell me what Alex Salmond is.

I await your response. :)

"A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is the corresponding state of mind"

Alex Salmond is intolerant of the opinions of more than half the Scottish Population (At last count).

So Toggie - unless you have the power to alter the meaning of the word 'bigot' for the entire World, which I doubt you do, please tell me what Alex Salmond is.

Anyone who spends time with Alex Salmond will soon realise that not only is he not bigoted, he is just the opposite.

I've never met anyone with more of a love for and a fascination with different cultures. He'll talk with a complete stranger for hours about his or her ethnic background. People open up to him immediately as they see he's asking with genuine interest.

I have always been impressed by one thing with Alex; he'll speak with any average Joe (or Joanne) the same way he does with the Head of State of a foreign country. Ask the security staff and cleaners at the Scottish Parlianet what he's like. He is without doubt a man who practices true equality.

coppercrutch
Anyone who spends time with Alex Salmond will soon realise that not only is he not bigoted, he is just the opposite.

I've never met anyone with more of a love for and a fascination with different cultures. He'll talk with a complete stranger for hours about his or her ethnic background. People open up to him immediately as they see he's asking with genuine interest.

I have always been impressed by one thing with Alex; he'll speak with any average Joe (or Joanne) the same way he does with the Head of State of a foreign country. Ask the security staff and cleaners at the Scottish Parlianet what he's like. He is without doubt a man who practices true equality.

That is fine and dandy. However he is intolerant of my views and those of many more. So by definiton he is a.....

Not rocket science.:)

He'll talk with a complete stranger for hours about his or her ethnic background.

he'll speak with any average Joe (or Joanne) the same way he does with the Head of State of a foreign country. Ask the security staff and cleaners at the Scottish Parlianet what he's like.

Sounds like he's displaying the characteristics of a world-class shallow sycophant and publicity seeker. And like the Togster, you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker. :o

I suggest you're more subtle with your next post Nicola. ;)

The White Cockade

if you don't like Salmond or the SNP fine don't vote for them

but the childish, ignorant and frankly pathetic "he's a bigot" drivel on here is farcical

away and grow up

if you don't like Salmond or the SNP fine don't vote for them

but the childish, ignorant and frankly pathetic "he's a bigot" drivel on here is farcical

away and grow up

You, like Sir Sean Connhery, live abroad so don't have to suffer the buffoon. I'd have more respect for your opinion - slightly more than zero - if you actually lived here.

Sounds like he's displaying the characteristics of a world-class shallow sycophant and publicity seeker. And like the Togster, you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker. :o

I suggest you're more subtle with your next post Nicola. ;)

Yes - you've seen right through me, the simpleton that I am.

And of course the John S user name is just my alias, as you've noted, silly me.

Yours..

Ms Sturgeon

The White Cockade

You, like Sir Sean Connhery, live abroad so don't have to suffer the buffoon. I'd have more respect for your opinion - slightly more than zero - if you actually lived here.

Don't give a monkeys what you think of my opinion

I'd be shocked if we ever agreed on anything :eek:

The only opinion that counts is that of the Scottish eloctorate

and they voted him in

they can vote him out if they wish but until then your stuck with him

The fact is he is the only half decent and professional politician in Scotland and runs rings round his Tory and Labour opponents

You may say that says more about them than him but thats the facts

I've never voted SNP and probably won't, but to say that he's bigoted because he's intolerant of the opinions of more than half of the population is laughable.

By using your logic, that would also make Gordon Brown, David Cameron etc bigoted as well, due to the fact that they are intolerant of the rest of the population.

out of curiosity, would you not describe brown as a loser and cameron as a smug tosser?

i would.

coppercrutch
I've never voted SNP and probably won't, but to say that he's bigoted because he's intolerant of the opinions of more than half of the population is laughable.

By using your logic, that would also make Gordon Brown, David Cameron etc bigoted as well, due to the fact that they are intolerant of the rest of the population.

Far too many people use the word bigot and have no clue what it means. They think of it only in the religious aspect.

But some of what you say is true. Most people are bigots in one form or another, if you go by the standard definition of the word.

Is Alex Salmond tolerant of the opinion of those in this country who want the Union to exist ? If the answer is NO then Alex Salmond falls into the 'bigot' category. So do I. So probably do you. So do probably 99.9% of the population. Get over it. Learn what words mean before you start telling people off for using them incorrectly. :rolleyes:

As I said, if you have the power to change the worldwide definition of the word then fine. If not then please don't tell people that calling anyone a 'bigot' is laughable. It clearly is not. As I have clearly explained above. Not rocket science.

out of curiosity, would you not describe brown as a loser and cameron as a smug tosser?

i would.

Most politicans are numpties. Salmond, Brown and Cameron all fall into that category. Although I would say that Cameron appears less so than the other two.

A couple that don't are Vince Cable and Ming Campbell.

the guy is an extreme nationalist(albeit not right wing) so that kinda covers the fascist part

bigoted - indeed he is. He think the Scots are the greatest race in the entire world and will not hear anything that is not Scottish. He is obsessed with his beliefs and identities. He sees Scots as superior and all perfect.

He is a vile fat bigot and i steadfastly stand by my claim

This is getting ridiculous.

Do you even know what 'fascist' means? Seriously, what you just said makes no sense.

Salmond doesn't think that Scots are the greatest race in the world. Scots aren't even a race! The vast majority of Scots are of Irish, Scandinavian or other European descent.

Give me one quote where Salmond shows any sign of Scots being superior to any other race? or of Scots being perfect?

You can't and your arguments are getting more and more pathetic.

So me one example of Salmond showing any of those characteristics.

You can't.

As long as they aint English eh

And the fat fascist just loves the sound of his own voice

coppercrutch
So me one example of Salmond showing any of those characteristics.

You can't.

Is Alex Salmond tolerant of my opinion (And that of millions more) that Scotland should not be Independent ?

Answer = Yes = Salmond is a bigot.

Answer = No = Salmond is not a bigot.

Please tell me the answer so I know if he is a bigot or not. You seem to be the local SNP spokesperson afterall.

Cheers :toasting:

Serious question for toggie88

Are you a Jambo?

I have never once seen you post anything in the terrace

As long as they aint English eh

And the fat fascist just loves the sound of his own voice

Scottish Nationalists have don't nothing against the English or England. We believe the UK should split up. So that would mean, England could have their own parliament, Scotland could and Wales could (it's not the time for a debate on eire).

Your cheap digs are getting more and more pathetic. You're unable to debate on anything. I'd be willing to bet any money that you don't have the first clue about politics and have reached your opinions from your sectarian beliefs that you no doubt picked up whilst getting involved with the wrong crowd at the football.

Spot on? Thought so.

Scottish Nationalists have don't nothing against the English or England. We believe the UK should split up. So that would mean, England could have their own parliament, Scotland could and Wales could (it's not the time for a debate on eire).

Your cheap digs are getting more and more pathetic. You're unable to debate on anything. I'd be willing to bet any money that you don't have the first clue about politics and have reached your opinions from your sectarian beliefs that you no doubt picked up whilst getting involved with the wrong crowd at the football.

Spot on? Thought so.

listen kid when you are old enough to vote get in touch

Is Alex Salmond tolerant of my opinion (And that of millions more) that Scotland should not be Independent ?

Answer = Yes = Salmond is a bigot.

Answer = No = Salmond is not a bigot.

Please tell me the answer so I know if he is a bigot or not. You seem to be the local SNP spokesperson afterall.

Cheers :toasting:

I doubt understand your conclusion that if Salmond is a tolerant of your opinion then he's a bigot. Surely it's the opposite?

I'll answer it anyway.

Yes, Salmond is tolerant of your views. So am I. The SNP will continue to try and convince people of the benefits of Independence.

We don't hate the English; we don't hate the welsh; we don't hate British Unionists - we disagree with some people on a political matter. I disagree with Salmond on other political matters. Am I a bigot tpwards Salmond because I disagree with him on Schools or the monarchy? I am a bigot for disagreeing on what football team they support?

coppercrutch

Spot on? Thought so.

So in the same thread that you tell someone to remove a post due to it being 'slanderous' you do the same thing twice yourself.

Not really helping yourself much................:rolleyes:

Glass houses - Stones

Pot - Kettle

You get the point.:)

listen kid when you are old enough to vote get in touch

I am, mate.

Now do you care to comment on anything else?

I had an argument with a Nat recently and here is the gist

Nat "Scotland are nothing in the Union, we are not even a recognised country. Go to an atlas and you wont see scotland"

Me "Er you also wont see England ,Wales or NI what is your point?"

he was insinuating that england is a recognised country and we are not

i8hibsh 1 stupid Nat 0

So in the same thread that you tell someone to remove a post due to it being 'slanderous' you do the same thing twice yourself.

Not really helping yourself much................:rolleyes:

Glass houses - Stones

Pot - Kettle

You get the point.:)

I explained the situation. If he wanted to go down the 'free to air your opinions' route then so would I. I have.

Archived