Salmond...

coppercrutch

I am, mate.

Now do you care to comment on anything else?

Do you think we should be taught Gaelic in schools?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had an argument with a Nat recently and here is the gist

Nat "Scotland are nothing in the Union, we are not even a recognised country. Go to an atlas and you wont see scotland"

Me "Er you also wont see England ,Wales or NI what is your point?"

he was insinuating that england is a recognised country and we are not

i8hibsh 1 stupid Nat 0

It's good to see you have friends of the same intellect as yourself. Maybe his point was that you SHOULD be able to see England, Wales and NI as well.

coppercrutch
I doubt understand your conclusion that if Salmond is a tolerant of your opinion then he's a bigot. Surely it's the opposite?

I'll answer it anyway.

Yes, Salmond is tolerant of your views. So am I. The SNP will continue to try and convince people of the benefits of Independence.

We don't hate the English; we don't hate the welsh; we don't hate British Unionists - we disagree with some people on a political matter. I disagree with Salmond on other political matters. Am I a bigot tpwards Salmond because I disagree with him on Schools or the monarchy? I am a bigot for disagreeing on what football team they support?

According to the standard worldwide accepted definition of the word yes. As I said not rocket science. People use the word a lot and don't know what it means.

Good to hear Salmond is tolerant of my views though. As I have said many times there is one main reason I don't think Scotland should be independent is we have too many ****bags in this country. Get rid of them all and fine I think it could work. Until that happens then so. So in essence I am not intolerant of your views. I just don't think the plan has any chance of success.

Do you think we should be taught Gaelic in schools?

No, I don't.

I think kids should be taught a language from a young age. However, Italian, French, German, Chinese would be far more useful than Gaelic.

Now are you going to address the rest of my points or are you just going to brush past them like I never embarrassed you?

coppercrutch
I explained the situation. If he wanted to go down the 'free to air your opinions' route then so would I. I have.

I understand that. Just pointing out you are not helping yourself much by calling someone the same thing you have told them not to call others.

Doesn't give your argument much credence.

According to the standard worldwide accepted definition of the word yes. As I said not rocket science. People use the word a lot and don't know what it means.

Good to hear Salmond is tolerant of my views though. As I have said many times there is one main reason I don't think Scotland should be independent is we have too many ****bags in this country. Get rid of them all and fine I think it could work. Until that happens then so. So in essence I am not intolerant of your views. I just don't think the plan has any chance of success.

Well yeah, if you take that view then everyone is a biggot. Literally everyone!

It's good to see you have friends of the same intellect as yourself. Maybe his point was that you SHOULD be able to see England, Wales and NI as well.

Nope his point was clear

Scotland gets shafted by the big bad bully boy English

coppercrutch
Well yeah, if you take that view then everyone is a biggot. Literally everyone!

Indeed. Unless I have missed something !! Which is why I think it is used incorrectly most of the time. Calling someone a bigot is actually not a big deal - because we are all essentially bigots.

We need another word.

No, I don't.

I think kids should be taught a language from a young age. However, Italian, French, German, Chinese would be far more useful than Gaelic.

Now are you going to address the rest of my points or are you just going to brush past them like I never embarrassed you?

Salmond wants to have young Scots learn Gaelic and he wants to launch a 24 hour Gaelic TV station!!

I appreciate and respect your view on the language thing tho - if only your fat fascist leader would follow suit

We have paedo's, thieves, murderes and violent attackers roaming free as jails are over crowded.and that fat berk wants to spend millions upon millions on a language that is about as much value as Welsh or Esperanto

Nope his point was clear

Scotland gets shafted by the big bad bully boy English

When? So me some evidence.

Since you appear to be defender of the English, why don't you stop slating the language and use a full stop one in a while - you may like it.

Salmond wants to have young Scots learn Gaelic and he wants to launch a 24 hour Gaelic TV station!!

I appreciate and respect your view on the language thing tho - if only your fat fascist leader would follow suit

We have paedo's, thieves, murderes and violent attackers roaming free as jails are over crowded.and that fat berk wants to spend millions upon millions on a language that is about as much value as Welsh or Esperanto

He doesn't. It's not SNP policy to have Gaelic be taught in all schools. There is a place in Scotland for Gaelic but it shouldn't be forced on people. You can send your kids to a Gaelic school if you really want to (i.e Tollcross).

A Gaelic TV station is a bit different. I can see their is an audience for it.

Serious question for toggie88

Are you a Jambo?

I have never once seen you post anything in the terrace

I have posted in the terrace but the constant Vlad sheep v Hat kicker and the call for a protest every other day ****es me off.

He doesn't. It's not SNP policy to have Gaelic be taught in all schools. There is a place in Scotland for Gaelic but it shouldn't be forced on people. You can send your kids to a Gaelic school if you really want to (i.e Tollcross).

A Gaelic TV station is a bit different. I can see their is an audience for it.

50,000 people is an audience?

That is the thing bout you Nats

We unionists like being in the top table in the EU,UN etc, we love being a big player in the world

you Nats want to launch a pointless TV station for 50 people ,a pet Highland Terrior and a gerbil

50,000 people is an audience?

That is the thing bout you Nats

We unionists like being in the top table in the EU,UN etc, we love being a big player in the world

you Nats want to launch a pointless TV station for 50 people ,a pet Highland Terrior and a gerbil

Hearts only get a crowd of 15,000 a week - you we tell vlad to stop wasting money?

Except we don't. When has the UK ever done something at an international organisation that benefits Scotland, specifically?

I'd rather be a small fish in a big pond than a piece of ****e trailing a medium size fish.

Hearts only get a crowd of 15,000 a week - you we tell vlad to stop wasting money?

Except we don't. When has the UK ever done something at an international organisation that benefits Scotland, specifically?

I'd rather be a small fish in a big pond than a piece of ****e trailing a medium size fish.

It's not about Scotland FFS it is about the Union!!! I can assure you that anything beneficial for the UK is beneficial for Scotland

15,000 people who pay money by choice!!!

Not having tax payers foot the bill just coz the fat fascist fancied a wee side project

Indeed. Unless I have missed something !! Which is why I think it is used incorrectly most of the time. Calling someone a bigot is actually not a big deal - because we are all essentially bigots.

We need another word.

Absolute bollox. :) There is a huge difference btween disagreeing with someone and being intolerant of their opinion. However, I am becoming intolerant of these nonsense arguments that you and I8 put up.....I must be a bigot. :rolleyes:

If being tired of people being thick on this message board makes me a bigot, then break out the tar and feathers.

shaun.lawson

As I've pointed out before, the people on this thread who see the need to be personal, unpleasant, and come out with the most staggering vitriol about someone they've never even met while failing to produce a single credible argument against independence just happen to be unionists; and those who are much more reasonable, and seek to just debate the issues are invariably pro-independence. Go figure.

Because it looks awfully to me as though pro-independence posters are much more sensible, broad-minded and inclusive in how they make their arguments; and the anti-independence ones, anything but. Funny that. To be clear: I respect entirely the points of view of those who are against independence - but it does your cause the world of harm if all you have to rely upon are nastiness and cheap jibes.

coppercrutch
As I've pointed out before, the people on this thread who see the need to be personal, unpleasant, and come out with the most staggering vitriol about someone they've never even met while failing to produce a single credible argument against independence just happen to be unionists; and those who are much more reasonable, and seek to just debate the issues are invariably pro-independence. Go figure.

Because it looks awfully to me as though pro-independence posters are much more sensible, broad-minded and inclusive in how they make their arguments; and the anti-independence ones, anything but. Funny that. To be clear: I respect entirely the points of view of those who are against independence - but it does your cause the world of harm if all you have to rely upon are nastiness and cheap jibes.

Well the main 'pro Independence' person told someone not to call Salmond something. Then they called the person the exact same thing....:rolleyes:

If that is your idea of reasonable then you need to have a read of this thread again. :)

coppercrutch
Absolute bollox. :) There is a huge difference btween disagreeing with someone and being intolerant of their opinion. However, I am becoming intolerant of these nonsense arguments that you and I8 put up.....I must be a bigot. :rolleyes:

"Intolerance - inability or unwillingness to bear or endure."

I think you will find that Alex Salmond is unwilling to 'endure' those who have opinions that Scotland should be part of the Union. I am sure he feels he has 'endured' enough already.

Again, in the generally accepted sense of the word nearly every one of us is a bigot. Why people would rather attempt to change the definition of the word - rather than simply admit they don't understand what it means amuses me.

:)

"Intolerance - inability or unwillingness to bear or endure."

I think you will find that Alex Salmond is unwilling to 'endure' those who have opinions that Scotland should be part of the Union. I am sure he feels he has 'endured' enough already.

Again, in the generally accepted sense of the word nearly every one of us is a bigot. Why people would rather attempt to change the definition of the word - rather than simply admit they don't understand what it means amuses me.

:)

A lot of jobbies. Try looking up smug - it's a trait you and Alex seem to share. :P

The Mighty Thor

This is a good read, especially on the day that the kids go back to school. How apt.

The bottom line on all this is that the Scottish electorate spoke and the majority of them voted for the SNP.

The Scottish electorate will also get the chance to vote on a referrendum of Independence (if the SNP follow their manifesto plans).

If i was a unionist i would be nervous that there appears to be a lack of credible argument right now. The Scottish Conservative and unionist party have been rendered mute and Labour are keeping the head down post Wendy Alexander and with the westminster versions of the heavyweights making a james hunt of everything there appears to be a head of steam building behind the SNP.

Like it or not Alex Salmond is in the job on the will of the people.

It's pretty funny the way that some Unionists harp on about bully-boy England and hating England etc.

It can't be that difficult for them to grasp the simple point that it's not about England, it's about Scotland.

I don't believe that they are stupid people so they must be on the wind-up. Is it really worth trying to debate reasonably with a person who's goal is to wind you up?

Pants Shaton
This is a good read, especially on the day that the kids go back to school. How apt.

The bottom line on all this is that the Scottish electorate spoke and the majority of them voted for the SNP.

The Scottish electorate will also get the chance to vote on a referrendum of Independence (if the SNP follow their manifesto plans).

If i was a unionist i would be nervous that there appears to be a lack of credible argument right now. The Scottish Conservative and unionist party have been rendered mute and Labour are keeping the head down post Wendy Alexander and with the westminster versions of the heavyweights making a james hunt of everything there appears to be a head of steam building behind the SNP.

Like it or not Alex Salmond is in the job on the will of the people.

The SNP have the largest number of MSPs and a received 31% share of the vote in the 2007 election. This was largely a response to the unpopularity of the Labour government in Westminster and in particular the war in Iraq. No poll has ever demonstrated a majority of Scots in favour of independence and that is not likely to change in the near future; even when the Conservatives take control at UK level.

The Mighty Thor
The SNP have the largest number of MSPs and a received 31% share of the vote in the 2007 election. This was largely a response to the unpopularity of the Labour government in Westminster and in particular the war in Iraq. No poll has ever demonstrated a majority of Scots in favour of independence and that is not likely to change in the near future; even when the Conservatives take control at UK level.

No argument with any of that.

The point was more that whatever the will of the people is it's the will of the people whether we like it individually.

The fat fascist is just a f****** nuisance

I wish he would just feck off and get hit by a steamroller :)

He is the biggest bigot i have ever seen. Mods I am sorry but i strongly belive that the fat mess is a bigot. i am entitled to my thoughts

His extreme nationalism is quite concenring and the chubby mess MUST BE STOPPED

If only Alex had the power to line people like you against the wall etc

If only Alex had the power to line people like you against the wall etc

The fat feck would probably eat me

And why should I be lined up against a wall?

For utilising my democratic right?

The Mighty Thor
For utilising my democratic right?

You also need to respect everyone elses democratic right and if they vote in Salmond and co (as they did) then you need to respect that the majority have a different view from you regardless of whether you like his brand of bland politics. :rolleyes:

Patrick Bateman
As long as they aint English eh

And the fat fascist just loves the sound of his own voice

I blame Wales for Scotland's oppression. Its all Llywelyn ap Gruffydd's fault :mad:

Plus they brought the world Charlotte Church :mad::mad::mad:

southlondonjambo

You also love getting free healthcare, free transport, higher public spending and an assortment of other goodies in Scotland all at the hardworking English taxpayers' expense. Why don't you get a job and start paying your own way instead of sponging off us?

At least Salmon and Nationalists in Scotland are recognizing that the scotts need to stand on their own two feet and raise their own taxes, and not just live off generous freebies from us in London. From that point of view, they'd get my vote. Roll on independence for Scotland! :)

If only we had someone in England like him.....:confused:

The Mighty Thor
You also love getting free healthcare, free transport, higher public spending and an assortment of other goodies in Scotland all at the hardworking English taxpayers' expense. Why don't you get a job and start paying your own way instead of sponging off us?

You haven't really thought that one through there chief.

Try broadening your base of reference beyond 'the Daily Mail' and 'the Evening Standard'

Drew Busby !
The fat fascist is just a f****** nuisance

I wish he would just feck off and get hit by a steamroller :)

He is the biggest bigot i have ever seen. Mods I am sorry but i strongly belive that the fat mess is a bigot. i am entitled to my thoughts

His extreme nationalism is quite concenring and the chubby mess MUST BE STOPPED

I think you're top entertainment i8hibsh...truly a Viz character that just needs someone to do the artwork, you already have all the dialogue.

Anyway ... Irony ... meet i8hibsh...

i8hibsh ... meet Irony...

...heres a real bigot in full-flow after the Glasgow east bye-election, with his opinions on the local inhabitants:

"...most of them are total sc** that is the sad fact"

"...these folk are born criminals - pure vile"

"Build a wall around glasgow build a huge tap and fill the thing with water"

"Backs up my theory that the place is riddled with sc*m"

Bigot ? Bigot ?? LMFAO !

You also love getting free healthcare, free transport, higher public spending and an assortment of other goodies in Scotland all at the hardworking English taxpayers' expense. Why don't you get a job and start paying your own way instead of sponging off us?...

This has to be the most pathetic, would be wind-up i've ever read on here.

Mate, you're crap, give it up.

coppercrutch
A lot of jobbies. Try looking up smug - it's a trait you and Alex seem to share. :P

Mr McLaren !!

But unless you have something to tell me I am not the leader of a political party.;)

I am not campaigning for a country to gain 'Independence'. I am just a bawzack poster on a football chat site.

If I was a political leader I would be aware that acting like a smug and arrogant git is not the way to maximise your vote. I think Alex Salmond is a good orator and can argue very well with most of the useless chumps in the Parliament. However I don't think he is the sharpest tool in the box. Anyone with a brain would calm down their smugness and arrogance to try to win more votes. He doesn't do this. Stupid thing to do.

Sticking to the title of the thread, e.g. complementing the Olympic winners, what did you expect him to say ? I saw an article where Gordon Brown also complemented the British team on their success so far.

Any politician of any main stream party would complement the individuals on winning gold.

coppercrutch
Sticking to the title of the thread, e.g. complementing the Olympic winners, what did you expect him to say ? I saw an article where Gordon Brown also complemented the British team on their success so far.

Any politician of any main stream party would complement the individuals on winning gold.

Has he celebrated any victory of non Scots ? Serious question - I don't know but I doubt it.

At least Salmon and Nationalists in Scotland are recognizing that the scotts need to stand on their own two feet and raise their own taxes, and not just live off generous freebies from us in London. From that point of view, they'd get my vote. Roll on independence for Scotland! :)

If only we had someone in England like him.....:confused:

I trust you are joking

I think you're top entertainment i8hibsh...truly a Viz character that just needs someone to do the artwork, you already have all the dialogue.

Anyway ... Irony ... meet i8hibsh...

i8hibsh ... meet Irony...

...heres a real bigot in full-flow after the Glasgow east bye-election, with his opinions on the local inhabitants:

"...most of them are total sc** that is the sad fact"

"...these folk are born criminals - pure vile"

"Build a wall around glasgow build a huge tap and fill the thing with water"

"Backs up my theory that the place is riddled with sc*m"

Bigot ? Bigot ?? LMFAO !

We are ALL bigots. I despise Glasgow and am 100% intolerant of it's people

and for what it's worth when have i ever said i wasn't one?

ps i'm glad I entertain lol

He was talking about Scotland not you personally. :rolleyes:

Not even I believe Scotland sponge off England

That surprises me I have to say. :)

I've never once suggested otherwise DM. I always just object to Salmond's belief that the English rape us financially.

Scotland put's a lot into the Union and gets a lot out. Quid pro quo if you like.

I don't feel raped, I don't feel opressed, I don't feel inferior and I am not so insecure that I require an Independent identity.

I feel blessed to be part of a proud Union that offers the world so much and contributes so much to the hope that one day we will have world peace.

I love how together we are doing so well in the olympics, we are a major Industrial Nation, we have supplied the world with some of the greatest minds in history, colourful characters, some of the greatest music and given the world so many of the things it uses in everyday life.

It's not all rosey, I have no interest in monarchy, I can't stand being associated with the English Bulldog, i'm ashamed of our binge drinking culture, I can't stand how our staple diet is bland and uninviting. I don't sing God Save the queen instead I proudly opt for rule Brittania or Loch Lomond.

I love how I have the freedom to say I am Scottish and British, I love how i have the freedom to despise Alex Salmond, I love how we live in a multi cultural, multi corporate nation with endless opportunity.

I love how we have so many dialects (except Weeg) I love how I can jump on a plane and be in london in 50 minutes and Shetland in an hour. I hate Eastenders but love Blackadder

I love cheering on Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and David Coulthard. I loved cheering on Kelly Holmes and getting goosebumps when Scotland beat england at Wembley in 1999.

I love how England lost to Croatia and are utter mince at football. I love how we do not have a team GB football team.

I hate the Labour Government but I am dissolusioned by the Tories right now.

I love Haggis and Yorkshire Pudding but hate Jellied Eels.

I can't stand honourary degrees and I can't stand when a celebrity gets a knighthood for sneezing

My political soulmate is Margaret Thatcher. I am so proud to come from the same city as so many fantastic literary minds and I love how I am British as such geniuses as Charles Darwin and the guy who invented DNA.

I hate the Scottish media but hate the english media more.

I wanna punch John Motson in the face and wanna ride Gabby Logan. I hate how we make celebrities out of noone but love how it is that easy to make it in life.

I cheer on any team that plays England at ANYTHING but cheer so loud when we play together.

Im proud of Britain's war efforts and proud of the beauty that the British countryside can offer. I hate how there are no nice beaches and love how British women tend to have big breats

I love Britain

I've never once suggested otherwise DM. I always just object to Salmond's belief that the English rape us financially.

Scotland put's a lot into the Union and gets a lot out. Quid pro quo if you like.

I don't feel raped, I don't feel opressed, I don't feel inferior and I am not so insecure that I require an Independent identity.

I feel blessed to be part of a proud Union that offers the world so much and contributes so much to the hope that one day we will have world peace.

I love how together we are doing so well in the olympics, we are a major Industrial Nation, we have supplied the world with some of the greatest minds in history, colourful characters, some of the greatest music and given the world so many of the things it uses in everyday life.

It's not all rosey, I have no interest in monarchy, I can't stand being associated with the English Bulldog, i'm ashamed of our binge drinking culture, I can't stand how our staple diet is bland and uninviting. I don't sing God Save the queen instead I proudly opt for rule Brittania or Loch Lomond.

I love how I have the freedom to say I am Scottish and British, I love how i have the freedom to despise Alex Salmond, I love how we live in amulti cultural, multi corporate nation with endless opportunity.

I love how we have so many dialects (except Weeg) I love how I can jump on a plane and be in london in 50 minutes and Shetland in an hour.

I love cheering on Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and David Coulthard. I loved cheering on Kelly Holmes and getting goosebumps when Scotland beat england at Wembley in 1999.

I love how england lost to Croatia and are utter mince at football. I love how we do not have a team GB football team.

I love Haggis, Yorkshire Pudding but hate Jellied Eels.

I can't stand honourary degrees and I can't stand when a celebrity gets a knighthood for sneezing

My political soulmate is Margaret Thatcher. I am so proud to come from the same city as so many fantastic literary minds and I love how I am British as such geniuses as Charles Darwin and the guy who invented DNA.

I wanna punch John motson in the face and wanna ride Gabby Logan

I cheer on any team that plays England at ANYTHING but cheer so loud when we play together.

iIm proud of Britain's war efforts and proud of the beauty that the British countryside can offer. I hate how there are no nice beaches and love how British women tend to have big breats

I love Britain

I obviously pushed a button there. :eek:

I obviously pushed a button there. :eek:

not at all mate

Mnay Nationalists think that to be proud of the union you are either a Nazi or a non patriotic Scot.

I am an extremely patriotic Scot. But a proud Brit also

The fundamental differences between me and a Nat is that i see scotland for what it is warts and all. I know it's genius, i know it's beauty, I know it's capabilities. I see the ugly side too.

I don't think of Braveheart and roaring Glen's when I see my country, i see mnay pictures, some very horrible indeed.

We are a fine proud country, that i don't deny. i have 3 tattoos. the Hearts badge, the flower of Scotland and the Red Lion

As you see savior in independence, I don't feel like we need to be saved.

I see Independence as an administrative catastrophe of gargantuon proportions. I don't think we will be any better off ESPECIALLY if the fat one takes the reigns.

I would not trust Salmond to water the plant in my living room.I thionk hollyrood is an eyesore and a shocking waste of good taxpayers money. Such is the millennium Dome, London 2012 and the Millenium wheel

I think many Nats have a chip on their shoulder. Kind of like many black people have regarding slavery.

Yes we had it bad in the past but we were by no means the victims that Hollywood would make us believe.

I want a stronger Britain, a tighter Union and a more secure nation in the globally volatile times.

Asoulmate of the witch who thinks salmond is smug and arrogant come on where do you get off on irony?

I love how I have the freedom to say I am Scottish and British, I love how i have the freedom to despise Alex Salmond, I love how we live in a multi cultural, multi corporate nation with endless opportunity.

I love how we have so many dialects (except Weeg) I love how I can jump on a plane and be in london in 50 minutes and Shetland in an hour. I hate Eastenders but love Blackadder

I love how England lost to Croatia and are utter mince at football. I love how we do not have a team GB football team.

I love Haggis and Yorkshire Pudding but hate Jellied Eels.

I wanna punch John Motson in the face and wanna ride Gabby Logan. I hate how we make celebrities out of noone but love how it is that easy to make it in life.

Im proud of Britain's war efforts and proud of the beauty that the British countryside can offer. I hate how there are no nice beaches and love how British women tend to have big breats

I love Britain

I agree with much of what you have said.

The Thatcher soulmate bit is maybe a step to far :eek:

As someone who has fairly recently swung to the pro indepenence view i would say that what you have said would not and should not alter if Scotland was independent.

In short for various reasons i just believe that as a independent country we could be a better country and a better neighbour to our English friends.

Archived