Our strikers crap

grumpyespana

grumpyespana

Well after tonight Csaba must be pulling his hair out our strikers drawing a blank again, how much chances will he give them they could not hit a barn door all of them must go except Glen who is just a young lad with potential. Please bring in two goalscoring forwards or we will struggle to get this team to make the top six.

Grumpy

Scoring goals is the problem but we know that some time ago. Just hope Csaba has a goalscorer somewhere to sign.

In the short term, forget about playing one striker up front. We don't have anyone capable of playing that role.

How about Jim Hamilton back at the JTs? The perfect partner to bring on Gary Glen (in the mould of Jimmy Bone/John Robertson), can still score goals in the SPL, knows how to play the lone striker role and has some feeling for the club. I'd happily swap Nade or Makela for Hammy any day.

I think goals may be a huge problem for us - unless we bring in someone who can be consistent. I think we should have gone for Lovell personally - but, of course, that's just my opinion...

Charlie-Brown

It said in tonites Evening News that Csaba Lazlo planned to work closely with Glen and Mole to help assist their development as strikers so you'd imagine he thinks those two have some prospect of remaining involved - it didn't mention Makela or Nade though and maybe their future prospects aren't as good?

Jambof3tornado

I think Juho's days are numbered,and Nade will have to show some form by xmas or he will be away(if only to allow everyone else a slice of turkey at the team night out!!).

Why cant we just sign someone who has scored 20 goals last season,even if its from 1st division down south,surely we could get someone who knows where the goal is???

It said in tonites Evening News that Csaba Lazlo planned to work closely with Glen and Mole to help assist their development as strikers so you'd imagine he thinks those two have some prospect of remaining involved - it didn't mention Makela or Nade though and maybe their future prospects aren't as good?

That's all very well and personally I believe Glen showed great potential in a **** poor team at the end of last season (I'm far less sure about Mole) however we simply have to sign at least two first choice strikers during this window and frankly before the Motherwell game. Not to do so would be a further indication that Romanov is still making all the footballing decisions because I fail to believe anybody football minded like Csaba would not be making this a critical priority and demanding it happens.

Charlie-Brown
That's all very well and personally I believe Glen showed great potential in a **** poor team at the end of last season (I'm far less sure about Mole) however we simply have to sign at least two first choice strikers during this window and frankly before the Motherwell game. Not to do so would be a further indication that Romanov is still making all the footballing decisions because I fail to believe anybody football minded like Csaba would not be making this a critical priority and demanding it happens.

Makela subbed off after 45 minutes for the 2nd game in a row after missing chances - I reckon he's for the chop.

Makela subbed off after 45 minutes for the 2nd game in a row after missing chances - I reckon he's for the chop.

Good, so that leaves us with Glen worth persevering with in the first team especially as a useful sub. Keep Mole until January as cover in an emergency. 2 new strikers an absolute must with Glen the main backup.

Get rid of Elliot, Makela and Nade asao.

Drylaw Hearts

If we all hold hands and pray long and hard enough this may just happen.

praying.jpg

Charlie-Brown
Good, so that leaves us with Glen worth persevering with. 2 new strikers an absolute must.

Get rid of Elliot, Makela, Nade and Mole.

Glen & Mole will be given time to develop and probably young Templeton as well, Clum wants to move or go on loan and Makela will probably be moved on sooner or later as it doesn't look like he's rated much at all - I also reckon Nade could yet go to a Championship club before the end of August......

The Danish striker and a Serb goalie were on trial in Germany altho Lazlo says he wants a more experienced goalie and the striker got injured but it appears Csaba is being given some scope to bring in new players.

but it appears Csaba is being given some scope to bring in new players.

Not nearly enough so far.

Charlie-Brown
Makela was, is and always will be rank rotten.

He is a clumsy player with relatively poor touch & control - he does have decent striker instincts though and makes decent runs across defenders inside the box and finds space for toe-pokes & snap-shots - that is how he gets a decent number of goals - however as an all round football player and in terms of technique he's of a poorer standard than Glen, Mole, Templeton and most of the other strikers in the youth teams.

Charlie-Brown
Not nearly enough so far.

I don't think there's a huge amount of money available so he'll have to be a careful shopper. :rolleyes:

He is a clumsy player with relatively poor touch & control - he does have decent striker instincts though and makes decent runs across defenders inside the box and finds space for toe-pokes & snap-shots - that is how he gets a decent number of goals - however as an all round football player and in terms of technique he's of a poorer standard than Glen, Mole, Templeton and most of the other strikers in the youth teams.

Like many others he is also tainted by all the nonsense of the last couple of years and therefore like Frail should be moved on asap.

Charlie-Brown

Makela's on a decent wage for a player of his ability and perhaps understandably isn't willing to take a cut in wages despite having had a few offers to move on elsewhere - he'll probably end up at Hibs with Mixu.

I don't think there's a huge amount of money available so he'll have to be a careful shopper. :rolleyes:

That certainly seems to be the case. A few pieces of advice then perhaps :

1. Don't let the maniac owner have any say in who the players are.

2. Free up more funds by binning duds like Nade, Elliot, Makela, Ksnavicius, Stewart, Ivaskevicius and Beslija.

3. Buy players who are going straight into the first 11 not more squad players, god knows we have had enough of them.

4. Don't sign any players with a history of being mental cases or of being constantly overweight or injured.

5. Do sign players who have a record of consistently scoring goals whatever club they have been at.

Makela's on a decent wage for a player of his ability and perhaps understandably isn't willing to take a cut in wages despite having had a few offers to move on elsewhere - he'll probably end up at Hibs with Mixu.

He's not on a "decent" wage, he's on a huge wage for a player of his ability. I wonder who agreed that deal ;)

Wonder when Klimek and Benniuseless will be back,maybe even Pillowbitter,now that he is a centre forward now.

Vlad must have another lot of dross he can throw at Hearts.

The Wicker Man

It's not exactly a new phenomenon - we haven't had a decent goal scoring forward in years.

2007-2008

Velicka..........11

Driver.............5

Kingston.........5

2006-2007

Velicka..........8

Pospisil..........5

Bednar..........4

2005-2006

Skacel..........16

Hartley..........14

Janny.............8

Don't worry Rudi we're going 'Back to the Future' :)

_44026265_garywales416.jpg_42895337_hamilton.jpg

TBH I would rather have those 2 than any of the other "strikers" we have had.

Velicka aside ofcourse.

LarrysRightFoot
It's not exactly a new phenomenon - we haven't had a decent goal scoring forward in years.

2007-2008

Velicka..........11

Driver.............5

Kingston.........5

2006-2007

Velicka..........8

Pospisil..........5

Bednar..........4

2005-2006

Skacel..........16

Hartley..........14

Janny.............8

Those stats say it all about really - totally embarrasing. Hartley and Rudis hauls were brilliant for midfeilders but you have to expect your first choice striker, whoever they may be, to be getting at least 15 goals a season.

I mean teams like Falkirk (Stokes) Motherwell (McDonald now Porter) and Kilmarnock (Boyd then Naismith) have had such strikers so how on earth cant we find one?

Pete Griffin

get Gary Glen out! rubbish

bring back Pospisil and Bednar please.

atleast they boys worked hard for the club

Those stats say it all about really - totally embarrasing. Hartley and Rudis hauls were brilliant for midfeilders but you have to expect your first choice striker, whoever they may be, to be getting at least 15 goals a season.

I mean teams like Falkirk (Stokes) Motherwell (McDonald now Porter) and Kilmarnock (Boyd then Naismith) have had such strikers so how on earth cant we find one?

Because,my fellow, we get given such gems as Klimek,Benniuseless,Nade,Makela,Pillowbiter and the rest, hence the reason we cannot afford any real strikers.

Ryan Gosling

Launch the vermin.

Drylaw Hearts

27720621_53a85c40d1_m.jpg

Ok.

LarrysRightFoot

I know and to an extent agree Rudi.

I should also have mentioned that I think (and hope) Glen, Templeton and even further in the future Robinson and Love will prove to good players for us and hopefully score some goals.

Also I dont think its solely the strikers faults for a lack of goals because at for the last couple of seasons WE HAVE LACKED CREATIVITY AND PENETRATION IN ALL ATTACKING AND FORWARD POSITIONS NOT JUST UPFRONT, especially since Rudi and Hartley left.

Driver and Larry have the ability but they really need to get further forward and create and score more.

Pete Griffin

are you on drugs mate? Larry is a liability. the young strikers are not good enough. my granny is better than Gary Glen

Driver and Larry have the ability but they really need to get further forward and create and score more.

LarrysRightFoot
are you on drugs mate? Larry is a liability. the young strikers are not good enough. my granny is better than Gary Glen

I dont like having a go at people but either you are delusional, crackers or a Hibby. Or possibly all 3?

Drylaw Hearts

Maybe they could arrange a closed door match for your Granny to play some part in ?

The No.9 jersey is still up for grabs.

Ryan Gosling
I dont like having a go at people but either you are delusional, crackers or a Hibby. Or possibly all 3?

Defo vermin.

Ray Winstone

Not even trying to be subtle are you.

Lets remind you that your strikers are not scoring either - neither are your midfield or defence.

Who bloody cares about technique?Not me!If the guy can stick the ball in the net (and he has proven already that he can,)get him in the team!

this_is_my_story

2007-2008

Velicka..........11

Driver.............5

Kingston.........5

2006-2007

Velicka..........8

Pospisil..........5

Bednar..........4

2005-2006

Skacel..........16

Hartley..........14

Janny.............8

We did have one, he's at Ibrox now though.

By The Light..

2007-2008

Velicka..........11

Driver.............5

Kingston.........5

2006-2007

Velicka..........8

Pospisil..........5

Bednar..........4

2005-2006

Skacel..........16

Hartley..........14

Janny.............8

You'll need to go all the way back to wee Robbo to find a tally of more than 16. MDV came close with 15.

Csaba has identified all the problems, it will be very clear if very soon if he is allowed to address them. As others have said proven SPL goal scorers are and have been available, will we sign any or are we only looking within the pyramid...

That certainly seems to be the case. A few pieces of advice then perhaps :

1. Don't let the maniac owner have any say in who the players are.

2. Free up more funds by binning duds like Nade, Elliot, Makela, Ksnavicius, Stewart, Ivaskevicius and Beslija.

3. Buy players who are going straight into the first 11 not more squad players, god knows we have had enough of them.

4. Don't sign any players with a history of being mental cases or of being constantly overweight or injured.

5. Do sign players who have a record of consistently scoring goals whatever club they have been at.

Is that the Ksnavicius who has actually scored pre-season and who last night set up Ivaskevicius to score also?

Jim Hamilton is not the worst shout ever.

Plays with a smile on his face - we need some players who can lift the spirits of our introverted squad. Can hold the ball up, always was good at winning free kicks, great defending corners/free kicks (SC final?). Scored against us last season, looked fit enough in Robbie's game.

Compare what he would bring to the likes of Klimek/Beniusis/Ksnavicius ...

Guest JamboRobbo
Glen & Mole will be given time to develop and probably young Templeton as well, Clum wants to move or go on loan and Makela will probably be moved on sooner or later as it doesn't look like he's rated much at all - I also reckon Nade could yet go to a Championship club before the end of August......

Well, if Csaba thinks the same way as you, god help us cause we are Donald Ducked for another season. I can only hope that Csaba has a bit more sense than to start the season with that lot as our striker force.

Glen is worth working with as he looks to have a bit of talent, but needs to be backup to expereinced striker if we actually want to do well this season.

Charlie-Brown
Well, if Csaba thinks the same way as you, god help us cause we are Donald Ducked for another season. I can only hope that Csaba has a bit more sense than to start the season with that lot as our striker force.

Glen is worth working with as he looks to have a bit of talent, but needs to be backup to expereinced striker if we actually want to do well this season.

Maybe you misunderstood what i wrote JR - I meant Csaba had said in yesterday's EEN that he wanted to work closely with Glen & Mole to improve their development as strikers and I speculated that Templeton possibly comes into that category as well. I also speculated that Nade might still be sold before the end of August?

I also think that if Makela has been trying to impress the new manager then despite our lack of strikers being first to be subbed off at half time in both matches against Bundesliga teams after missing chances suggests that he isn't creating a positive impression?

Csaba has already been looking at new striker options.

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe you misunderstood what i wrote JR - I meant Csaba had said in yesterday's EEN that he wanted to work closely with Glen & Mole to improve their development as strikers and I speculated that Templeton possibly comes into that category as well. I also speculated that Nade might still be sold before the end of August?

I also think that if Makela has been trying to impress the new manager then despite our lack of strikers being first to be subbed off at half time in both matches against Bundesliga teams after missing chances suggests that he isn't creating a positive impression?

Well I agree about Makela.

I just don't think starting the season with any of the names you list is going to get us anywhere this season.

We need to sign two quality strikers, with Glen as back up, if we want to get HMFC back where we belong.

This should hardly be a surprise, as this has been the situation at the club for months and months. I'm amazed it's been allowed to get to 10 days before the start of the season, and we still haven't managed to sign the required quality of player.

Csaba has already been looking at new striker options.

I haven't seen any of the pre-season games, but would suggest that basing your argument that Makela is not creating a positive impression because he was taken off to allow Ksnavicius to slip into the hole in the 451 is probably not fair.

Charlie-Brown
I haven't seen any of the pre-season games, but would suggest that basing your argument that Makela is not creating a positive impression because he was taken off to allow Ksnavicius to slip into the hole in the 451 is probably not fair.

That was in last nites game Coco - he was also subbed off at half time for Miko against Kaiserlauteren after missing chances. To me that would indicate that despite our striker and scoring shortcomings Csaba hasn't been overly impressed with Juho if he's the one that's being sacrificed each time?

That was in last nites game Coco - he was also subbed off at half time for Miko against Kaiserlauteren after missing chances. To me that would indicate that despite our striker and scoring shortcomings Csaba hasn't been overly impressed with Juho if he's the one that's being sacrificed each time?

To me it shows that VR/Chernenkov may well be pulling the strings.

In addition, if they are basing their view on missing chances in 2 halfs of football they are daft. Strikers need game after game to sort out their match fitness/game sharpness.

sergent garcia

In addition, if they are basing their view on missing chances in 2 halfs of football they are daft. Strikers need game after game to sort out their match fitness/game sharpness.

szaba was dissapointed bout missing chances, most of the chances missed makela, so nah no chance of him being dissapointed of him thats vr evil hand for sure...

The Mighty Thor

General question here but does anyone else get the impression that the management team cannot settle on a formation to play? In the games so far we have for at least 45 mins gone back to Knobchoker/Angel's default 4-5-1 whilst Csaba has tried to get the 4-4-2 running. It's almost like a power struggle within the committee. The simple fact of the matter is we arent going to score many goals with a 4-5-1 with the current personnel and what's of more concern is the fact that even with 9 men behind the ball in that formation we still manage to ship goals at an average of 2 per game.

Not rocket science to see where that will lead us in the SPL table.

This concerns me more than whether Makela/Mole/Glen are missing chances.

babertonjambo

Makela has just had a 3 month loan spell in Finland where he played every week - if he is not sharp now then when will he be?

Archived