Our strikers crap

grumpyespana

Makela has just had a 3 month loan spell in Finland where he played every week - if he is not sharp now then when will he be?

After 10 consecutive games for Hearts where he got most of the games. The sort of run that Velicka was allowed.

:107years:;);)

Jim Hamilton is not the worst shout ever.

Plays with a smile on his face - we need some players who can lift the spirits of our introverted squad. Can hold the ball up, always was good at winning free kicks, great defending corners/free kicks (SC final?). Scored against us last season, looked fit enough in Robbie's game.

Compare what he would bring to the likes of Klimek/Beniusis/Ksnavicius ...

cast your minds back to last game at love street big jim bounced and rolled our two central defenders for fun and i agree he could do a job for us and help bring on the likes of glen, husband and templeton and make them streetwise for the step up to first team football.I dont believe we will be shopping for strikers at a level higher than that and we are desperate for someone to hold up the ball and put effort in somthing that was severely lacking last season

sergent garcia
General question here but does anyone else get the impression that the management team cannot settle on a formation to play? In the games so far we have for at least 45 mins gone back to Knobchoker/Angel's default 4-5-1 whilst Csaba has tried to get the 4-4-2 running. It's almost like a power struggle within the committee. The simple fact of the matter is we arent going to score many goals with a 4-5-1 with the current personnel and what's of more concern is the fact that even with 9 men behind the ball in that formation we still manage to ship goals at an average of 2 per game.

Not rocket science to see where that will lead us in the SPL table.

This concerns me more than whether Makela/Mole/Glen are missing chances.

or maybe this change is just because there is no single striker on the bench?

The Mighty Thor
or maybe this change is just because there is no single striker on the bench?

I don't agree mate. we have had strikers available for all our pre-season games and have ended up playing 4-5-1 in all of them. it's the persistence of playing this formation which is hurting us.

get Gary Glen out! rubbish

bring back Pospisil and Bednar please.

atleast they boys worked hard for the club

YOU WHAT GARY GLEN RUBBISH

:hobofish:

Please sort your head out

How about Jim Hamilton back at the JTs? The perfect partner to bring on Gary Glen (in the mould of Jimmy Bone/John Robertson), can still score goals in the SPL, knows how to play the lone striker role and has some feeling for the club. I'd happily swap Nade or Makela for Hammy any day.

Haha.... Very funny.... Wind-up merchant.

Makela's on a decent wage for a player of his ability and perhaps understandably isn't willing to take a cut in wages despite having had a few offers to move on elsewhere - he'll probably end up at Hibs with Mixu.

You might be right there.

Archived