***official Kilmarnock vs. Heart of Midlothian match day thread***

martoon

GBJambo
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I’m saying this is a make or break game. If we lose this we are in all sorts of trouble. If our heads go down again like last year we are snookered. 

Are we? Are Kilmarnock going on to win all their remaining games and we fail to pick up any?! 

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

PapaShango

I’m saying this is a make or break game. If we lose this we are in all sorts of trouble. If our heads go down again like last year we are snookered. 

No its not, 3rd is done whatever happens this weekend, Killie are not clawing 11 points back on us with 15 to play for. 

Fozzyonthefence

What a drama queen!  “Make or break”, “snookered”.   Third is done and dusted.  Even if we lose every single game (and I can see us losing 3 or 4 of them starting on Saturday). 

Check the league table then change your pants and get a cigar out!  😎 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Are we? Are Kilmarnock going on to win all their remaining games and we fail to pick up any?! 

The latter is far more likely than the former but neither will happen. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

I think this is a good comparison to last season where we lost a double header league and cup to Celtic and we then went on the shit the bed in spectacular style

we lost to St Mirren and Kilmarnock I think ? Another win in any of our fixtures post Celtic and before Neilson was sacked would have probably got us over the line in third 

No way I see anything similar to that happening this season , but with Kilmarnock being the team up first , it is a great opportunity to do what Neilson was incapable of doing , and reacting angrily to an old firm defeat and trying to make up for it for the fans . Put down a marker and get out the traps like bats out of hell and just get the job done properly this time 

I think we have a bit more character about us now 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think this is a good comparison to last season where we lost a double header league and cup to Celtic and we then went on the shit the bed in spectacular style

we lost to St Mirren and Kilmarnock I think ? Another win in any of our fixtures post Celtic and before Neilson was sacked would have probably got us over the line in third 

No way I see anything similar to that happening this season , but with Kilmarnock being the team up first , it is a great opportunity to do what Neilson was incapable of doing , and reacting angrily to an old firm defeat and trying to make up for it for the fans . Put down a marker and get out the traps like bats out of hell and just get the job done properly this time 

It would be nice to think that’s possible but I’m struggling to think of any game where we’ve got out the traps like bats out of Hell.  Doesn’t seem to be in this team’s dna but maybe next season ……

PapaShango
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don't think we will lose on Saturday and a point will suit us more than them obviously, similar to the game at home a few weeks ago. No way are Killie winning all their remaining games and us not picking up another point. Naismith won't let the standards drop and I don't think the players will either. If we have anything about us we will come out the traps quickly on Saturday and put Killie away to help get over Sunday. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

It would be nice to think that’s possible but I’m struggling to think of any game where we’ve got out the traps like bats out of Hell.  Doesn’t seem to be in this team’s dna but maybe next season ……

No I have not seen much sign of it either yet . It sickened me the way we failed to react season . Now would be the time for them to want to restore a little pride for themselves though 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I don't think we will lose on Saturday and a point will suit us more than them obviously, similar to the game at home a few weeks ago. No way are Killie winning all their remaining games and us not picking up another point. Naismith won't let the standards drop and I don't think the players will either. If we have anything about us we will come out the traps quickly on Saturday and put Killie away to help get over Sunday. 

Yeah , I hope so 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No I have not seen much sign of it either yet . It sickened me the way we failed to react season . Now would be the time for them to want to restore a little pride for themselves though 

The games at home to Ross County and Aberdeen at the end of last season under our current manager spring to mind though.  Why have we not been able to replicate these performances this season?🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The games at home to Ross County and Aberdeen at the end of last season under our current manager spring to mind though.  Why have we not been able to replicate these performances this season?🤷‍♂️

I wish I knew . Hopefully its coming 

soonbe110
17 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

Killie need to win 4 of their 5 games and for us to lose all 5, with Septic and Sevco fighting for title I suspect Killie's chance of winning 4 from 5 is pretty slim IMO.

Also have Dundee and St.Mirren battling last euro place so games against them early after split won’t be walkovers. 
Even if Killie beat us on Saturday their next two games are away to Rangers and St.Mireen so unlikely to get many points from those two. 

soonbe110
3 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Killie have won 3/16 away games in the league this season.  Why do you think they will suddenly win 3/3 after the split? 

Opinionated Jambo

We are finishing in 3rd. I just am not seeing Kilmarnock win 4/5 games and us losing atleast 4. 

However, in regards to the game with them this week we all know what to expect from them. They will be bold and aggressive from the start and try to bully us around the pitch. We need to be smart in this game though, not to get caught in that trap and do what we do best with the ball and dictating possession. Chances will come for us, we need to take them though. 

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What a drama queen!  “Make or break”, “snookered”.   Third is done and dusted.  Even if we lose every single game (and I can see us losing 3 or 4 of them starting on Saturday). 

Check the league table then change your pants and get a cigar out!  😎 

Would be nice if we finish the season with the gap between us and Kilmarnock being bigger than it is just now. That would be a sign that we've participated in the post split fixtures for a change. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Nah, nothing like last season. 

There is no dressing room fallout and injury wise we are in much better shape.

That will help us.( player and character wise).

We haven't been fast out the traps in any game this season, so I don't know where that will come from, it's not our style atm.

Maybe we'll be more direct and faster next season,  especially at home. 

Good chance we lose the next two tbh - both hard games away to 4th placecand 1st place, but if we do it's still nothing like last Season.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

I’ve kept my peace since Sunday, perhaps because I was travelling most of yesterday. I was disappointed if not surprised by the usual gutless performance against the huns. The usual suspects were spineless. If I was Naismith I would field the same squad against Killie and make it clear to them that a) they owe the support, the club and themselves a performance, and b) they are playing for their futures at the club.

TheBigO
On 22/04/2024 at 01:32, Bunny Munro said:

Clark

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Atkinson Devlin Beni Cochrane 

Oda Vargas

Shankland 

Let's get this over the line. 

Oda has to play.  Not sure about the rest to be honest.  Cochrane not getting on the pitch on Sunday confuses me a little!  I think without the Hof, perhaps the team you have here is the best.  Or it's a similar thing to Sunday but simply Oda in for Forrest?  Grant has actually been playing well recently.

TheBigO
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, nothing like last season. 

There is no dressing room fallout and injury wise we are in much better shape.

That will help us.( player and character wise).

We haven't been fast out the traps in any game this season, so I don't know where that will come from, it's not our style atm.

Maybe we'll be more direct and faster next season,  especially at home. 

Good chance we lose the next two tbh - both hard games away to 4th placecand 1st place, but if we do it's still nothing like last Season.

Yup this season we're a different beast.  I really like Robbie, good lad, and did a good job, but he totally chucked the dressing room is the truth.  It totally got away from him and he had no, or infact negative, help from McCulloch either.

This season we're a tighter ship - injuries have affected us all season but we're not AS bad right now as we have been in the last season or two.

Too much being made of Sunday where the truth really is as simple as we came up short.  It was a difference of quality, not application.

Not sure if we win this weekend, but 3rd is done.  Frankly, we could forfeit the rest of our games - Killie ain't picking up the points.  But that aside, this team will keep going, I'm quite sure of that.

(some of) Our supporters seem to love nothing more than labelling our teams shitebags, or bottlers.  It's been a long tough season in a lot of ways and the boys are still battling away.  Even if we limp over the line a little, its been a good season.  My hope is Naisy is drilling 70 points as the target and the guys are ready for a final push in the last 5 games.

What would be interesting is if we do win this weekend against Killie and the maths is done.... do we see Tait play more, Tagawa, maybe Wilson, or others like McLuckie or whatever get a chance.  Or does Naisy stick with the team and pick each game as he would any other?  Arguments both ways really eh

I'd probably go for:

Zander

Atkinson Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Beni

Grant

Oda Shanks McKay

doctor jambo

Bit annoyed at the 50 points threshold.

Always go to Killie away without fail.

Miss the days of cash gates, frankly.

its in the home end for us this time 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

(some of) Our supporters seem to love nothing more than labelling our teams shitebags, or bottlers.  It's been a long tough season in a lot of ways and the boys are still battling away.  Even if we limp over the line a little, its been a good season.  My hope is Naisy is drilling 70 points as the target and the guys are ready for a final push in the last 5 games.

What would be interesting is if we do win this weekend against Killie and the maths is done.... do we see Tait play more, Tagawa, maybe Wilson, or others like McLuckie or whatever get a chance.  Or does Naisy stick with the team and pick each game as he would any other?  Arguments both ways really eh

You can predict before game kicks off who the posters are that will do as you say. They'll also start various threads ripping into individual players and coaches as soon as whistle goes to end game.

Sad lives they must have.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup this season we're a different beast.  I really like Robbie, good lad, and did a good job, but he totally chucked the dressing room is the truth.  It totally got away from him and he had no, or infact negative, help from McCulloch either.

This season we're a tighter ship - injuries have affected us all season but we're not AS bad right now as we have been in the last season or two.

Too much being made of Sunday where the truth really is as simple as we came up short.  It was a difference of quality, not application.

Not sure if we win this weekend, but 3rd is done.  Frankly, we could forfeit the rest of our games - Killie ain't picking up the points.  But that aside, this team will keep going, I'm quite sure of that.

I've found that people that know nothing about football just label players shitebags after any/ every defeat.

They don't thave the band width or emotional intelligence to evaluate the game with any logic or balance, so just default to shitebag/ never tried.

It's all they can muster - fly into a rage , call our players shite, throw in a nickname or two and call every one lazy. 

It's a lazy and stupid way to analyse a defeat or performance. 

Regarding team selection .

Mckay needs games,Gordon will want games to be part of the Scotland squad and Shanks has goal records to set, coupled with win bonuses and the imo the target of 70 points there is lots to play for, be Good to break the rangers hoodoo as well... beating celtic 3 times?

Lots to play for, so for me- strongest team so for me that's no in- game experiments.

Pollock is the youngster I'm most excited about and I think is ready for first team football.

Playing Tait and Tagawa more- not for me, we have better players in front if them imo.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

For some reason he hasn’t even tried to replicate the style we played in those two games, we now play possession based football and usually start at a snails pace. We wont change that, trust the process. 

TheBigO
17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I've found that people that know nothing about football just label players shitebags after any/ every defeat.

They don't thave the band width or emotional intelligence to evaluate the game with any logic or balance, so just default to shitebag/ never tried.

It's all they can muster - fly into a rage , call our players shite, throw in a nickname or two and call every one lazy. 

It's a lazy and stupid way to analyse a defeat or performance. 

Regarding team selection .

Mckay needs games,Gordon will want games to be part of the Scotland squad and Shanks has goal records to set, coupled with win bonuses and the imo the target of 70 points there is lots to play for, be Good to break the rangers hoodoo as well... beating celtic 3 times?

Lots to play for, so for me- strongest team so for me that's no in- game experiments.

Pollock is the youngster I'm most excited about and I think is ready for first team football.

Playing Tait and Tagawa more- not for me, we have better players in front if them imo.

Have to say, have never noticed you do this, Tosh.  I'll look out for it in future...!!!

PapaShango
39 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

No chance we will sell out, I would expect the points to come down considerably over the next couple of days. 

theshed

Killie have done really well to hang in there and still be in with a shout of 3rd place at this late stage but a draw will be enough on Saturday for us, if we get a draw or even a win is another story 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You can predict before game kicks off who the posters are that will do as you say. They'll also start various threads ripping into individual players and coaches as soon as whistle goes to end game.

Sad lives they must have.

It's so predictable. 

Sometimes they blow their load early and makes themselves look like the tools they are tho.

It's a good laugh, in' it?

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Have to say, have never noticed you do this, Tosh.  I'll look out for it in future...!!!

He he.

FionaHmfc
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

General sale for our end tomorrow now

soonbe110
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Lp level will drop pretty soon. 

Aussie Jambo
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No we're not, calm down to a panic.

Make or break game- in what way and why?

What does it make or break?

Losing third place. Why else?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We don't lose third place by losing. 

132goals1958
2 hours ago, Carter said:

Would be nice if we finish the season with the gap between us and Kilmarnock being bigger than it is just now. That would be a sign that we've participated in the post split fixtures for a change. 

That is what we should be aiming for.

wavydavy
On 22/04/2024 at 11:19, Carter said:

A huge miss yesterday. He'll be the main man in the middle of the park next season imo. Not fussed if we see both of the CDM's who started yesterday leave in the summer. 

He has been out for a while now so will be far from fully match fit. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We don't lose 3rd place if we lose.

That's why it's not make or break.

I can see Hearts lose.   It will be a long near three weeks until we get a possible decent result.   Maybe a draw at that.  Plenty time to cool off ☺ 

Kilmarnock would need to win four matches and hope the goal difference shifts.   I can't see that happening.   They might win on Saturday but they wont get third. 

MattyK82
33 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We ain't losing 3rd place.

You are clearly still scarred from last season. Understandably.

But Even if Kilmarnock win on Saturday (I think it'll be a draw), they'll be 8 behind with 12 to play for. They would need to win 4 on the bounce post split (including beating both the title chasing OF) while we would need to lose 4 on the bounce. It ain't happening. 

Were it not for poor decision making on Sunday, no one would even be talking about this.

AC Mallin_51
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s one thing I will say, for such a good season with such good results we’ve not gave anyone a proper hammering. Have we beat anyone in the league this year by more than 2 goals? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

No chance we will sell out, I would expect the points to come down considerably over the next couple of days. 

Yeah seems a bit strange, obviously the folk that go all the time should be sorted first but If we don’t give others the chance then they won’t get their LPs up. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

That’s one thing I will say, for such a good season with such good results we’ve not gave anyone a proper hammering. Have we beat anyone in the league this year by more than 2 goals? 

Definitely, I think we’ve only scored 4 on one occasion in the league. 

Pasquale for King

I think we will be ok but we all remember how bad we fall away most years after the split, and they’re on a good run whereas we aren’t.
Would take a draw now tbh. 

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah seems a bit strange, obviously the folk that go all the time should be sorted first but If we don’t give others the chance then they won’t get their LPs up. 

I think they announced just going to a general sale now. 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

No we haven’t and to be honest we rarely look capable of it.  Quite remarkable given how far clear we are in 3rd but the vast majority of wins have been by 1 goal.  Obviously 36 1-0 wins would be great though!

Fozzyonthefence

I think you’ll find we don’t lose 3rd place by losing on Saturday and would still be a massive 8 points ahead with only 4 games to go (with Killie still having 2 games v Celtic and Rangers).   There’s not a chance of Killie finishing 3rd (and I thought I was one of the most glass half empty posters on here but clearly not!). 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think they announced just going to a general sale now. 

That’s good 👍🏽 

MattyK82
3 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

No. Our goals scored for column has until very recently been below 3rd. Think we are joint 3rd now in that respect (along with Motherwell).

We have only scored 2 more than hibs and Dundee & 3 more than Killie.

We do have the joint 3rd best defence though (along with Killie). One of the main reasons we are where we are.

We have been guilty of profligate finishing/poor decision making all season long. Sunday was a microcosm of this (at the worst possible time).

Bongo 1874

Gordon

Lembikisa Kent Kingsley Cochrane 

Sibbick

Devlin   Tait

Oda           Tagawa    Vargas

Edited by Bongo 1874

Hectormasson
8 hours ago, theshed said:

Killie have done really well to hang in there and still be in with a shout of 3rd place at this late stage but a draw will be enough on Saturday for us, if we get a draw or even a win is another story 

go out and win it hearts,  no excuses 3 points and a performance,

8 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd probably go for:

Zander

Atkinson Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Beni

Grant

Oda Shanks McKay

Grant will be lucky to keep his place after Sunday, other than that it looks pretty spot on