• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Kalamazoo Jambo

• Philfigo

• Pans Jambo

Independence

Donated and well done to all. What a fantastic support, win or loose! We are not glory hunters nor religious bigots! ………we just love our club and its history! BELIEVE! ! 

77Mackay77

Incredible effort. This is going to end up above £25k. 👏 

Not at all the point and arguably just petty point scoring but how much money do Hibs fans donate each month? 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
9 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

Incredible effort. This is going to end up above £25k. 👏 

Not at all the point and arguably just petty point scoring but how much money do Hibs fans donate each month? 

I believe Hibs managed to raise slightly less in a month to save/buy their club than we’ve managed in 24 hours to buy some likely unused tickets and give to some deserving Jambo’s to ensure a sell out semi at Hampden.

Delicious, delicious words.

Oda be a JT

I’d hope to see some positive press on this amazing gesture from our fans.

queensferryjambo

On a side note from the donations anyone else who can help out with professional transport - please feel free to give Big Hearts a shout.

Daveandal

Reading through the comments on the donation page would bring a tear to a glass eye.

I know I'm repeating myself but blown away by this.

stuart500

£15k from around 630 people. Fantastic and there still must be many many more happy to chuck in a donation. 

Has the purpose been subtly changed slightly so the money will also buy match tickets. I read it initially that it was to help transport and food costs for those with tickets donated by fans.

I'm not bothered either way especially if the club can shift every ticket we've got left. 

Heartbeat

Echo everyone’s sentiments, what a support absolutely stunning, genuinely don’t think another club of our size in UK could do this, great effort just can’t wait for the sold out announcement 

Kalamazoo Jambo
20 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

£15k from around 630 people. Fantastic and there still must be many many more happy to chuck in a donation. 

Has the purpose been subtly changed slightly so the money will also buy match tickets. I read it initially that it was to help transport and food costs for those with tickets donated by fans.

I'm not bothered either way especially if the club can shift every ticket we've got left. 

Noticed the same thing, unclear!

hmfc1984

Posted in the other thread but I am absolutely blown away by this. This deserves some decent publicity by the footballing press. 

6 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Noticed the same thing, unclear!

Ticket, Transport and Food for each person is the plan I believe.

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, livi said:

Only question is whether Big Hearts are paying Hearts for the tickets, or if Hearts are donating them?

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Only question is whether Big Hearts are paying Hearts for the tickets, or if Hearts are donating them?

I would think Big Hearts will buy the tickets from Hearts.

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, livi said:

I think the only thing that is unclear is where the tickets are coming from. The initial webpage talked about 'donated tickets'. Not clear if the tickets are coming from people buying them and donating them, from the club donating them from the unsold tickets or from part of the money being donated being used to buy them.

It is possible that it started out as one thing (e.g. using donated tickets) but is now buying additional tickets due to the amount of money donated.

But on this one who cares what the detail is. I doubt their is anyone donating who will mond one way or the other. I'm sure at some stage they will announce how many people they were able to take through to the game.

mintmyster
10 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Posted in the other thread but I am absolutely blown away by this. This deserves some decent publicity by the footballing press. 

Sadly and predictably, come Monday, the headline (from the Glasgow media) will be more about the small number of empty seats/unsold tickets.

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Think BH will be buying the tickets and why not, thats what the moneys for 

Read on twitter from big hearts that they will provide a full update tomorrow, looking forward to seeing how many jambos this helps 👏 its been an outstanding effort so far and let's hope they get to see a win!

Kalamazoo Jambo
10 minutes ago, livi said:

:thumbsup:

Benny Klack

Donated 👍

Fantastic effort by everyone - & a big well done to those behind this initiative.

C’mon the good guys ♥️🇱🇻♥️

Mikey1874
18 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I think the only thing that is unclear is where the tickets are coming from. The initial webpage talked about 'donated tickets'. Not clear if the tickets are coming from people buying them and donating them, from the club donating them from the unsold tickets or from part of the money being donated being used to buy them.

It is possible that it started out as one thing (e.g. using donated tickets) but is now buying additional tickets due to the amount of money donated.

But on this one who cares what the detail is. I doubt their is anyone donating who will mond one way or the other. I'm sure at some stage they will announce how many people they were able to take through to the game.

Yes. Started out as donating tickets. People buying tickets. Which has happened. Then chose to get money in. 

Would it not be good if the club laid on buses and provided food from its in-house catering so that all monies raised could be spent on tickets? Club has laid on buses before and I’m sure it could cater more cost effectively that other food outlets.

Luckies1874

Fear not, all will become clear folks.....Chief Executive of Big Hearts.......

Edited by Luckies1874

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Papa said:

Would it not be good if the club laid on buses and provided food from its in-house catering so that all monies raised could be spent on tickets? Club has laid on buses before and I’m sure it could cater more cost effectively that other food outlets.

Actually getting buses not particularly straightforward. 

The new West End
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Actually getting buses not particularly straightforward. 

That will be the toughest bit.

Unless LRT or First Bus could help.

The beneficiaries of these tickets should also be at the final if we were to get there.

Amazing effort Jambos.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hope they get the help needed with transport 

GlasgoJambo
1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

Reading through the comments on the donation page would bring a tear to a glass eye.

I know I'm repeating myself but blown away by this.

Thank you for acknowledging my heartfelt comment 🙏🏼

IMG_5770.thumb.jpeg.6f6e08a8e16daa5fb86044ff48f223e2.jpeg

Sooperstar

Wouldn't be surprised if there is another £5/10k from the raffle option too. 

dannymack
24 minutes ago, The new West End said:

That will be the toughest bit.

Unless LRT or First Bus could help.

Lothian Buses have some spectacular vehicles that could be used BUT to hire them cost a spectacular amount. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Total excludes the charity raffle apparently.

Yep…

IMG_2092.jpeg

pettigrewsstylist

Rude not to...16.2k now

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Devorgilla

Made a small contribution.  Made sure to gift aid it so that adds a bit more as well!

700 donations!

8 hours ago, Oda be a JT said:

I’d hope to see some positive press on this amazing gesture from our fans.

Nah. The press will say we’re giving tickets away cos we can’t sell them and ignore what lies underneath it 

thehibsareintheirbeds

16.5k now, imagine this will get over 20k today with 50% raffle money still to be added. Just amazing.

Oda be a JT
43 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Nah. The press will say we’re giving tickets away cos we can’t sell them and ignore what lies underneath it 

Sadly this would not surprise me.

WASTREL
10 hours ago, Independence said:

Donated and well done to all. What a fantastic support, win or loose! We are not glory hunters nor religious bigots! ………we just love our club and its history! BELIEVE! ! 

Beautifully put .... a caring club

WASTREL
55 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

But in the cold light of day its the Hearts fans that are buying them .... we are only purchasing them for Hearts Fans and families who cant afford them at the moment.  Its called caring and the Press and Media might not recognise that quality or emotion but we can be proud of displaying it.  These tickets are not being "given away".