*** Big Hearts semi final fundraiser ***

queensferryjambo

EH11 2NL

What a support. A far bigger story than Hearts missing a sell out by a thousand tickets or so. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Kalamazoo Jambo

• Philfigo

• Pans Jambo

See if they’re is a section of approx 1-2k left, then why not fire the big jkb flag(blood doesn’t show) in that section

Edited by droid

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, droid said:

See if they’re is a section of approx 1-2k left, then why not fire the big jkb flag(blood doesn’t show) in that section

There won’t be one big section empty, think it will mainly be the very top and bottom of each section. But also not sure if the big flag has survived!

Philfigo

Just been speaking to some of my mates! They have kids play in the Edinburgh leagues, they have said they have got free tickets for tomorrow. Disappointing thing is they are not Hearts supporters and have no intention of ever being as they support the team are playing against. They said that they know of a load more that have free tickets as well that support Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen. All of them go to football regularly and can absolutely afford the price of a ticket. I donated but feel this is not what I had donated for. I know of Jambos below the 5LPs that can't go but we are giving away free tickets to other teams supporters. Sorry to bring a negative to such a positive thing all us Jambos have done. Don't feel these tickets are in the right people's hands that can't afford or don't get to attend games. I have to say that I honestly wouldn't have donated if I had known that I basstlcy helped buy my Rangers supporting mates a ticket. 

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Just been speaking to some of my mates! They have kids play in the Edinburgh leagues, they have said they have got free tickets for tomorrow. Disappointing thing is they are not Hearts supporters and have no intention of ever being as they support the team are playing against. They said that they know of a load more that have free tickets as well that support Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen. All of them go to football regularly and can absolutely afford the price of a ticket. I donated but feel this is not what I had donated for. I know of Jambos below the 5LPs that can't go but we are giving away free tickets to other teams supporters. Sorry to bring a negative to such a positive thing all us Jambos have done. Don't feel these tickets are in the right people's hands that can't afford or don't get to attend games. I have to say that I honestly wouldn't have donated if I had known that I basstlcy helped buy my Rangers supporting mates a ticket. 

That’s pretty poor if true

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

How do you know these are tickets from the Big Hearts initiative?  You need to provide more context and information as to how the 'kids' (and presumably their parent(s)) were provided with the tickets. Hearts may well have been giving away other tickets completely separate from the fundraising. 

Edited by Luckies1874

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

That’s pretty poor if true

10 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

In any charity initiative it wiil be the case that a percentage of the beneficiaries will have 'marginal eligibility'. Especially so when you only have three days to organise it.  However, it doesn't, and shouldn't, take away from the fact that it will mostly have hit the right target. 

Philfigo
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

How do you know these are tickets from the Big Hearts initiative? 

Because they said there clubs had been given them by them to be distrubuted to the kids and parents.

Luckies1874
8 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Because they said there clubs had been given them by them to be distrubuted to the kids and parents.

Yes but specifically by Big Hearts or the Club themselves?  What Club(s) do they play for? Additionally why would a parent who takes their kid regularly to professional football take free tickets for a Hearts game if they were a Hibs, Celtic or Aberdeen fan? Seems bizarre. I wouldn't take my kid to a semi final not involving Hearts if it was the last game ever to be played! - I'm pretty sure that Big Hearts wouldn't be anticipating the boys club handing the tickets out in that manner either if indeed the tickets were from that source!

Edited by Luckies1874

Philfigo
Just now, davemclaren said:

In any charity initiative it wiil be the case that a percentage of the beneficiaries will have 'marginal eligibility'. Especially si when you only have three days to organise it.  However, it doesn't, and shouldn't, take away from the fact that it will mostly have hit the right target. 

Yes absolutely there will people getting them that we all donted for. And Big Hearts are brilliant, this is more agaist those people for accepting free tickets for a freebie. This is a large number who I know of and if tickets have been distributed to most Edinburgh clubs then that will increase even more.

Philfigo

Yes but specifically by Big Hearts or the Club themselves?  What Club(s) do they play for? 

It was Big Hearts, I don't feel it would be right to name the local clubs as they have only distributed the tickets that where offered to them by Big Hearts

Luckies1874
Just now, Philfigo said:

It was Big Hearts, I don't feel it would be right to name the local clubs as they have only distributed the tickets that where offered to them by Big Hearts

Seems to me the local club have not distributed the tickets appropriately rather than anything Big Hearts have done given the timescales involved. Also very strange fathers wanting to take their kids to a Hearts v Rangers semi-final if they regularly watch another team. 

Philfigo

Seems to me the local club have not distributed the tickets appropriately rather than anything Big Hearts have done given the timescales involved. Also very strange fathers wanting to take their kids to a Hearts v Rangers semi-final if they regularly watch another team. 

Not so bizarre as the local teams will have tickets altogether so it's just wanting to go along  and watch in a big group with all there team mates so parents come along to keep an eye on them. If there has been tickets given to many local clubs and distributied as the same them we could have a major problem on Sunday, just have to hope they all behave. Lets just hope the vast majority of the fundraising tickets got to the right people. 

Luckies1874
7 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Not so bizarre as the local teams will have tickets altogether so it's just wanting to go along  and watch in a big group with all there team mates so parents come along to keep an eye on them. If there has been tickets given to many local clubs and distributied as the same them we could have a major problem on Sunday, just have to hope they all behave. Lets just hope the vast majority of the fundraising tickets got to the right people. 

Really strange to go all the way to Hampden from Edinburgh to watch Hearts v Rangers if you support Celtic, Hibs or Aberdeen and regularly go to their matches as you've indicated. I suspect this is a fairly isolated incident however.

kingantti1874

Annoying as that would be, I think it’s absolutely inevitable a small number would make it into the hands of those who aren’t worthy.

Big hearts have done a fantastic job, I absolutely understand why some will be given to local clubs. May as well they are paid for right and they can’t vet everyone.  

Philfigo

Really strange to go all the way to Hampden from Edinburgh to watch Hearts v Rangers if you support Celtic, Hibs or Aberdeen and regularly go to their matches as you've indicated. I suspect this is a fairly isolated incident however.

You know what young kids are like in a team environment two or three go the rest follow as they are close nit teammates so maybe not so strange in that respect. Let's hope the vast majority have got to the right people and we have a few additional jambos by thr end of Sunday.

Mr Sifter
45 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Im delighted with the way things have panned out, and I’m happy to have donated. So my ying cancels oot your yang 😊👍🏼🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Philfigo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Annoying as that would be, I think it’s absolutely inevitable a small number would make it into the hands of those who aren’t worthy.

Big hearts have done a fantastic job, I absolutely understand why some will be given to local clubs. May as well they are paid for right and they can’t vet everyone.  

Big Hearts had massive job they had on there hands and done brilliantly.

Philfigo
3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Im delighted with the way things have panned out, and I’m happy to have donated. So my ying cancels oot your yang 😊👍🏼🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Absolutely, just really bothered me this morning when I heard it. 

Edited by Philfigo

periodictabledancer
29 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yes but specifically by Big Hearts or the Club themselves?  What Club(s) do they play for? Additionally why would a parent who takes their kid regularly to professional football take free tickets for a Hearts game if they were a Hibs, Celtic or Aberdeen fan? Seems bizarre. I wouldn't take my kid to a semi final not involving Hearts if it was the last game ever to be played! - I'm pretty sure that Big Hearts wouldn't be anticipating the boys club handing the tickets out in that manner either if indeed the tickets were from that source!

You can't hand free tickets out to a kids football club and also try to discriminate over who should/shouldn't get them : it's not fair & it's not practical IMO. Having been involved in kids football over the years I think it;s nice the kids and the people running  the clubs get some recognition. I'd also say, if my lads club had been on the receiving end of this offer down in this neck of the woods , virtually none of the kids would be supporters of the local teams so if a "less deserving"  individual slips through the net so be it. 

There's a limit to what can be done in this kind of situation - and let's not froget , there wasn't a lot of time to get it done. And who knows, Hearts might get some converts out of it. 

In the end our fans  have rallied round to make something amazing happen and that's what matters

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

Big Hearts had massive job they had on there hands and done brilliantly.

Possibly should have stopped taking donations earlier I was under the impression that tickets etc were going to Hearts supporting families who because of their financial position couldn’t afford a day out at Hampden. I didn’t realise they were being dished out to local clubs to hand out to folks who could as you have stated afford to go and support other clubs 

Philfigo
15 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Possibly should have stopped taking donations earlier I was under the impression that tickets etc were going to Hearts supporting families who because of their financial position couldn’t afford a day out at Hampden. I didn’t realise they were being dished out to local clubs to hand out to folks who could as you have stated afford to go and support other clubs 

I didn't realise either that is was the case but as another poster has said putting this altogether in 3 days there was always going to tough to manage. Along as the vast majority got to the right people then that's all we can ask. You may possibly be right that the sheer volume of donation was too much to cope with so should have stopped donations at a managaible level. 

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

I didn't realise either that is was the case but as another poster has said putting this altogether in 3 days there was always going to tough to manage. Along as the vast majority got to the right people then that's all we can ask. You may possibly be right that the sheer volume of donation was too much to cope with so should have stopped donations at a managaible level. 

Agree 👍 

Tams bird
15 hours ago, droid said:

Don't think.the flag still going. It was full of holes and burn marks when we played at Murrayfield...There isn't a section with that space anyway.

SMJ_1874
15 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

There won’t be one big section empty, think it will mainly be the very top and bottom of each section. But also not sure if the big flag has survived!

The big flag has definitely survived. Was last seen at Saughton Park getting a thorough check over. Apart from a few holes from fag burns, it’s in exactly the same condition as it was when purchased. It’s now all folded nice and neat in a storage unit in Wester Hailes. 

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

The big flag has definitely survived. Was last seen at Saughton Park getting a thorough check over. Apart from a few holes from fag burns, it’s in exactly the same condition as it was when purchased. It’s now all folded nice and neat in a storage unit in Wester Hailes. 

the flag should be in a museum or on display somewhere so folk can see it  . I do know the size of it could be a problem  

gordon simpson
3 hours ago, Philfigo said:

some of the kids might just need this to make them love the JTs 

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

the flag should be in a museum or on display somewhere so folk can see it  . I do know the size of it could be a problem  

Hearts should store it somewhere and give access to the Gorgie ultras on occasion.  In terms of big flags out one isn’t “that” big 

gordon simpson
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hearts should store it somewhere and give access to the Gorgie ultras on occasion.  In terms of big flags out one isn’t “that” big 

agree the flag is a thing of beauty but massif ,also a historical part of our history so would be great if club helped store and maintain 

23 hours ago, Philfigo said:

Absolutely, just really bothered me this morning when I heard it. 

A win today might convert a few 😃

Win win , man it’s all good

Let them enjoy their day out

Heart&soul

I was once given free tickets when I was involved with an adoption agency many years ago. 30 parents and our kids were invited to Tynecastle. 
Not all the other Dads were Jambos or even into football - I hadn’t been to a game for a few years and most of the kids had never been to a match.
It was a unique way to bond over a shared activity. Myself and my daughter enjoyed many years of going to games together after that. 

Those kids are now young adults and still have affection for our club after being made to feel special for a day. Seeing the excitement and awe in their faces as they took in the atmosphere of the occasion was magical.

I hope all the families attending today get the same feeling we got back then, this gesture will never leave them. 

There’s many reasons I love this phenomenal club, and that day is right up there 🇱🇻

Gorgierools
4 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

I was once given free tickets when I was involved with an adoption agency many years ago. 30 parents and our kids were invited to Tynecastle. 
Not all the other Dads were Jambos or even into football - I hadn’t been to a game for a few years and most of the kids had never been to a match.
It was a unique way to bond over a shared activity. Myself and my daughter enjoyed many years of going to games together after that. 

Those kids are now young adults and still have affection for our club after being made to feel special for a day. Seeing the excitement and awe in their faces as they took in the atmosphere of the occasion was magical.

I hope all the families attending today get the same feeling we got back then, this gesture will never leave them. 

There’s many reasons I love this phenomenal club, and that day is right up there 🇱🇻

Top post 

Ian Black 8
On 18/04/2024 at 19:26, Gorgierools said:

Just been in the gym with YouTube on, getting into the cup spirit. Your elbow "tackle" Blackie, brilliant. Told the twat exactly what the game was about. We're you crapping yourself about getting a red? Need some of that on Sunday.

Defo a red card in this day VAR would’ve been all over that 💯 but at the time my belly did turn 😂 ur right the whole team needed some balls on Sunday against a unsteady Rangers 

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, livi said:

Follow up from Big Hearts Semi Final Fundraiser

May be an image of football and text that says 'Just a quick message to say thank you. Thank you so much for giving me and my daughter the best day ever. " To us the result doesn't matter, the spending time with my daughter at the football has honestly been the best. really can't thank you all enough for this. Taking Big Hearts to Hampden COMMUNITY TAET BLEts Big Hearts'

439991752_848707377301790_4988333548265475726_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p600x600&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=W9bsjBtZPxYQ7kNvgGjWty9&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr6-1.xx&oh=00_AfDlq_pxrk2l5q0fJdt58WY4TxZEZ-gLttfmdBZZCl6srQ&oe=6631EF44

May be an image of heart and text that says 'A quick note of appreciation to all of your colleagues at Big Hearts. " I made really positive phone calls to some of our most challenging kids' families. Having a day out with your mum or dad, free of financial constraints, will be cherished by so many of our kids. Taking Big Hearts to Hampden ON CEP BLErts Big Hearts ΓΛΕbl'

May be an image of text that says 'I never got photos as I left my phone " in the car so I was living like it was the late 80s and living in the moment. However I would like to say thank you very much for the experience. My Dad who had never been to Hampden got to experience a semi final while also creating memories as a family. Something we won't forget. Taking Big Hearts to Hampden COMMUNITY TUS BLErts Big Hearts'

May be an image of heart and text that says '" Thank you to Big Hearts. A while ago I faced struggles that affected my mental health. I'm in a much better place now. In fact, thanks to Big Hearts, I was able to invite my neighbour's adult son to the match today. The wounds are are healing. Taking Big Hearts to Hampden OMMUNITY ΥΧ.Α BlEts Big Hearts'

May be an image of text that says '" My mum told me about the semi- semi-final final tickets a day before. I was so excited, you should have seen me running about and trying to find my Hearts scarf! I really appreciate this and wouldn't have been able to go otherwise. " Taking Big Hearts to Hampden OMMUNITY TAUSS BLEts Big Hearts'

Nice to hear I know the result was crap but glad all the families who wouldn’t have been able to attend managed to have a lovely day well done Big Hearts 

16 hours ago, livi said:

Follow up from Big Hearts Semi Final Fundraiser

May be an image of football and text that says 'Just a quick message to say thank you. Thank you so much for giving me and my daughter the best day ever. " To us the result doesn't matter, the spending time with my daughter at the football has honestly been the best. really can't thank you all enough for this. Taking Big Hearts to Hampden COMMUNITY TAET BLEts Big Hearts'

439991752_848707377301790_4988333548265475726_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p600x600&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=W9bsjBtZPxYQ7kNvgGjWty9&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr6-1.xx&oh=00_AfDlq_pxrk2l5q0fJdt58WY4TxZEZ-gLttfmdBZZCl6srQ&oe=6631EF44

May be an image of heart and text that says 'A quick note of appreciation to all of your colleagues at Big Hearts. " I made really positive phone calls to some of our most challenging kids' families. Having a day out with your mum or dad, free of financial constraints, will be cherished by so many of our kids. Taking Big Hearts to Hampden ON CEP BLErts Big Hearts ΓΛΕbl'

May be an image of text that says 'I never got photos as I left my phone " in the car so I was living like it was the late 80s and living in the moment. However I would like to say thank you very much for the experience. My Dad who had never been to Hampden got to experience a semi final while also creating memories as a family. Something we won't forget. Taking Big Hearts to Hampden COMMUNITY TUS BLErts Big Hearts'

May be an image of heart and text that says '" Thank you to Big Hearts. A while ago I faced struggles that affected my mental health. I'm in a much better place now. In fact, thanks to Big Hearts, I was able to invite my neighbour's adult son to the match today. The wounds are are healing. Taking Big Hearts to Hampden OMMUNITY ΥΧ.Α BlEts Big Hearts'

May be an image of text that says '" My mum told me about the semi- semi-final final tickets a day before. I was so excited, you should have seen me running about and trying to find my Hearts scarf! I really appreciate this and wouldn't have been able to go otherwise. " Taking Big Hearts to Hampden OMMUNITY TAUSS BLEts Big Hearts'

Came on here to post the email update I just received but beat me to it. 

Delighted reading some of the stories. 

Well in to everyone who donated. Gave some folk some lovely memories in spite of the result. 

periodictabledancer
On 21/04/2024 at 10:13, Mikey1874 said:

At least the fans turned up. Very happy to have contributed and would happily do it again, having read the testimonials. 

jamboinglasgow

https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/24294493.big-hearts-hampden-day-team-lost-supporters-won/

Hearts standard has an interview with one person who was able to attend with their family because of Big Hearts.

Reading it does bring a tear to the eye. The people at Big Hearts are huge credit that they were organise such a successful initiative at short notice and give so many people the chance to do something they may have not normally got to do. 

It may have not been the result we wanted but there are good people connected with the club who been a big credit to it, as people happy to put their hands in the pocket to support this.