*** Big Hearts semi final fundraiser ***

queensferryjambo

HopeDiouf
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Don't feel too down about it. Falling off a balcony isn't all it's cracked up to be. 

🤣

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Kalamazoo Jambo

• Philfigo

• Pans Jambo

neilnunb
3 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

IMG_2229.jpeg

Amazing work from the Big Hearts team :thumbsup:

Aye...but they've booked tickets for Mount Florida, getting off amongst all the Huns. 😱

Tbf I've got off there before, for the final against them, and had no issues.

Lone Striker

Quite astonishing.  Almost 1000 donations .... £25k raised.    AVerage £25 per donation.   ANything left over from the Semi-Final trips will still go to a great cause.

Absolutely outstanding - well done to everyone who's donated to this.

:jambobanana:

Kalamazoo Jambo

IMG_2230.jpeg

Was wondering when Big Hearts would have to say ‘no more’!

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

IMG_2230.jpeg

Brilliant news well done to all Hearts fans who contributed and a big pat on the back for all the hardworking staff at Big Hearts amazing work.

Oda be a JT

I may have missed it as not had time to look today but has there been the good press on this amazing, no…outstanding project by Big Hearts/Hearts fans?

I think I know the answer unfortunately.

50 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

IMG_2230.jpeg

)interesting that they are saying they can't guarantee any money now raised would be used for semi-final.

Gorgierools
11 minutes ago, RENE said:

)interesting that they are saying they can't guarantee any money now raised would be used for semi-final.

I doubt anything sinister,more a case of logistics and time. It's getting too tight to arrange transport and the Big Hearts team must be exhausted. What they've achieved over the last 36 hrs has been phenomenal 

Kalamazoo Jambo
4 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

I doubt anything sinister,more a case of logistics and time. It's getting too tight to arrange transport and the Big Hearts team must be exhausted. What they've achieved over the last 36 hrs has been phenomenal 

Yep, that’s it!

1971fozzy
23 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

I may have missed it as not had time to look today but has there been the good press on this amazing, no…outstanding project by Big Hearts/Hearts fans?

I think I know the answer unfortunately.

nothing. Even our local rag has had nothing. Brutal

Mikey1874
22 minutes ago, RENE said:

After 8pm

1971fozzy

£25k is utterly amazing.  Our support is awesome just awesome. 
probably donated more in 48 hours than HSL raised in 6 months lol

Daveandal
1 minute ago, Forza Cuore said:

Sir Paul 🫡

Screenshot_20240418_184124_Chrome.jpg

Might not be him but still 😍😍

Jambo_Gaz
4 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Might not be him but still 😍😍

Cant be him. He didnt put Sir in the title. 

kingantti1874

I always wonder if ex players lurk around on here.  I ****ing love SPH

26 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Didn't actually think there was anything sinister just that they didn't have access to.more tickets.  But your explanation makes sense

Ian Black 8
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Plenty mate 👍

Gorgierools
24 minutes ago, RENE said:

Didn't actually think there was anything sinister just that they didn't have access to.more tickets.  But your explanation makes sense

👍👍 Another great day to be an arsehole

Edited by Gorgierools

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Plenty mate 👍

⬆️ Also in the legend club.

Benny Klack
15 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Plenty mate 👍

👋

Could do with your steel in midfield on Sunday Ian 👊

Gorgierools
14 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Plenty mate 👍

Just been in the gym with YouTube on, getting into the cup spirit. Your elbow "tackle" Blackie, brilliant. Told the twat exactly what the game was about. We're you crapping yourself about getting a red? Need some of that on Sunday.

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Well..... if our defence stands firm on Sunday, and Shanks plays at the top of his game ......  Big Hearts and the rest of us can do all this again in 5 weeks time  !!  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Come on boys, get out of Blackies arse ffs :lol:

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

There are a few ex players and managers that automatically bring a smile to your face when you think of them if you're a Jambo - JJ, Rudi, Robbo, Sergio - and Sir Paul is definitely in that group. Fantastic player for Hearts.

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

nothing. Even our local rag has had nothing. Brutal

I took the liberty to write my own article in the absence of any other news outlet bothering their arse. Took 5 minutes. 

Generous Hearts supporters have raised almost £30k to help fellow fans attend Sunday's huge Scottish Cup Semi Final match against Rangers.

The Edinburgh club's charity, Big Hearts, this week put out an appeal to the Gorgie faithful looking to raise funds to help die-hard fans who would otherwise be unable to attend the clash in Glasgow. 

The fundraiser quickly gained traction with donations flooding in at a rate which prompted Craig Wilson, Big Hearts CEO, to descripe the response as 'incredible'.

The volume of donations has seen the team at Big Hearts putting all hands to the pump in order to deal with the very welcome logistical headache presented to them. 500 briefs have been distributed via the charity's network and community partners and there have even been enough funds to cover travel, food vouchers and scarves for the lucky recipients of the tickets.

A sea of maroon will head West to Hampden on Sunday and thanks to the kindness of strangers the current will be swelled with 500 lucky souls who, until this week, were expecting to be watching on TV.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, RENE said:

They explained it perfectly. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
32 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I took the liberty to write my own article in the absence of any other news outlet bothering their arse. Took 5 minutes. 

Generous Hearts supporters have raised almost £30k to help fellow fans attend Sunday's huge Scottish Cup Semi Final match against Rangers.

The Edinburgh club's charity, Big Hearts, this week put out an appeal to the Gorgie faithful looking to raise funds to help die-hard fans who would otherwise be unable to attend the clash in Glasgow. 

The fundraiser quickly gained traction with donations flooding in at a rate which prompted Craig Wilson, Big Hearts CEO, to descripe the response as 'incredible'.

The volume of donations has seen the team at Big Hearts putting all hands to the pump in order to deal with the very welcome logistical headache presented to them. 500 briefs have been distributed via the charity's network and community partners and there have even been enough funds to cover travel, food vouchers and scarves for the lucky recipients of the tickets.

A sea of maroon will head West to Hampden on Sunday and thanks to the kindness of strangers the current will be swelled with 500 lucky souls who, until this week, were expecting to be watching on TV.

Nice work, at least the Hearts Standard got there in the end…

https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/24261316.numbers-stories-behind-big-hearts-ticket-drive/

IMG_2108.jpeg

1971fozzy
55 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

❤️❤️❤️

Oda be a JT
9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Well done Sir 👏👏

Full expect the EEN to ‘steal’ that now.

Fxxx the SPFL
26 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

Well done Sir 👏👏

Full expect the EEN to ‘steal’ that now.

Steal it and change it and make it sound like a desperate plea to sell tickets. When we all know that it’s all for a good cause. Well done @Sooperstar

Lone Striker
13 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Well done - a good concise summary of this amazing initiative. 👍

stuart500

If it becomes logistically impossible to spend the donations on sending folk to the semi, I hope they can make use of the money in any other way that benefits the charity. 

I doubt anyone would have a problem with that.

highlandjambo3
31 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

If it becomes logistically impossible to spend the donations on sending folk to the semi, I hope they can make use of the money in any other way that benefits the charity. 

I doubt anyone would have a problem with that.

Not ITK but I’d imagine transport was the biggest constraint.

Pans Jambo
6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not ITK but I’d imagine transport was the biggest constraint.

That could have been made a bit easier had our local 'media' outlets covered this. May have had some bus companies stepping forward if they had seen it in the Evening News etc.

highlandjambo3
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

That could have been made a bit easier had our local 'media' outlets covered this. May have had some bus companies stepping forward if they had seen it in the Evening News etc.

Any reason why *big hearts left it quite late to launch this appeal?

* not having a dig btw, fantastic job.

Mikey1874
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Any reason why *big hearts left it quite late to launch this appeal?

* not having a dig btw, fantastic job.

What was happening for a while was people donating tickets to Big Hearts. Then it became clearer this was another way to do it. Not sure there is anything to pick fault with. They also have experience of passing on tickets with hundreds of people on their database so it actually wasn't that hard to pull off quickly. 

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

What was happening for a while was people donating tickets to Big Hearts. Then it became clearer this was another way to do it. Not sure there is anything to pick fault with. They also have experience of passing on tickets with hundreds of people on their database so it actually wasn't that hard to pull off quickly. 

Ok👍….to be clear, I wasn’t picking fault.

periodictabledancer

I'm not coming up for the game as I'm flat broke, having to pay car tax & renew car insurance this month on the back of some very bad news today regarding a death in the family.  Amazingly, I managed to get car insurance for less than last year so I've made a donation out of the "proceeds".

Very moving to read the testimonials from those who'll benefit. Incredibly proud to be part of this great club. 

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I'm not coming up for the game as I'm flat broke, having to pay car tax & renew car insurance this month on the back of some very bad news today regarding a death in the family.  Amazingly, I managed to get car insurance for less than last year so I've made a donation out of the "proceeds".

Very moving to read the testimonials from those who'll benefit. Incredibly proud to be part of this great club. 

Well said and an  outstanding contribution. Commiserations for your loss. Another top Jambo

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Well said and an  outstanding contribution. Commiserations for your loss. Another top Jambo

👍

queensferryjambo
7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

There is a reason for that of course.

The media in Scotland they never want to talk up our game they only want to slag it off. Headlines about us not selling tickets get more clicks than good news stories.

The Edinburgh Evening News is also a Hibs rag.