Match day catering

jamborich

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I don't think it's the main reason anybody goes to football. But having a decent choice of food can make the all round experience better, and might even encourage others. 

I think we've all lost the point of the OP, which was about the quality and variety on offer. 

From what I can see, it's decent enough and I'm not sure what else should be on offer. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• The Treasurer

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Treasurer
43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I've been eating pies ( not every match ) at Tynecastle for 60 years and never got ill once.  You need to drink more pre-match. 😄

The secret of a long life. 

10 pints and a pie once a fortnight 😄

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, B4 Part B said:

I liked when we did burger and chips, not sure why that stopped?

A few good ideas in this thread, didn't realise the veggie option was a macaroni pie, will give that a try!

A few people mentioning the foil wrapper, is that just an innocent slip or are different kiosks packaging different, or have they not had a pie for a while as the pies come in a cardboard sleeve in the main stand, have done for a while.

Steak / kebab pies in foil, scotch pie in cardboard sleeve according to my 14 year old😂

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

👍👍😄

gorgieheart
On 09/04/2024 at 07:10, Seymour M Hersh said:

We need Michelin Starred Kiosks and we need them now. Someone put in a call to Tom Kitchin!

na, he's a wee hibee rat !

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I've been eating pies ( not every match ) at Tynecastle for 60 years and never got ill once.  You need to drink more pre-match. 😄

I obviously got unlucky but I've got the absolute fear now :lol:

highlandjambo3
25 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I obviously got unlucky but I've got the absolute fear now :lol:

FYI, I did a food handling course at college when setting up my catering business, food poisoning can go as far back as something you ate up to 36hrs before.  Most people assume it was the last thing they ate……….just saying.

hmfc_liam06
12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

FYI, I did a food handling course at college when setting up my catering business, food poisoning can go as far back as something you ate up to 36hrs before.  Most people assume it was the last thing they ate……….just saying.

I mean I didn't suddenly get the shits the moment the pie hit my lips :rofl:

It was the only thing it could have been given what I ate that day.

boag1874
2 hours ago, B4 Part B said:

I liked when we did burger and chips, not sure why that stopped?

A few good ideas in this thread, didn't realise the veggie option was a macaroni pie, will give that a try!

A few people mentioning the foil wrapper, is that just an innocent slip or are different kiosks packaging different, or have they not had a pie for a while as the pies come in a cardboard sleeve in the main stand, have done for a while.

Never had anything come in the foil for years, always been the cardboard sleeve and I've sat in all 4 stands at various points and get a pie of some kind at half time 9/10 times. Good thing too, canny be hooped with my pie falling to bits when stuck to the foil.

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I mean I didn't suddenly get the shits the moment the pie hit my lips :rofl:

It was the only thing it could have been given what I ate that day.

I didn’t say that.  

Im saying So, from 36hrs prior to eating the pie you had nothing else to eat?

Dennis Reynolds

I remember a couple years ago speaking to the Hospitality manager about the catering at Tynecastle and he essentially said that the margins are razor thin for it. Any time they've tried something else it's lost them money. I think he mentioned the curry shed but I was pretty pished. Although he did acknowledge it was something that could definitely be done better, it's well far down the list of priorities and probably always will be. The empty kiosk stands in the Main Stand they can't use were a bit of a sore point as well.

frankblack
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

It also helps soften the blow watching the product on the park too every other year...

12 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I remember a couple years ago speaking to the Hospitality manager about the catering at Tynecastle and he essentially said that the margins are razor thin for it. Any time they've tried something else it's lost them money. I think he mentioned the curry shed but I was pretty pished. Although he did acknowledge it was something that could definitely be done better, it's well far down the list of priorities and probably always will be. The empty kiosk stands in the Main Stand they can't use were a bit of a sore point as well.

Why cant we?

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

na, he's a wee hibee rat !

Actually he's a Liverpool fan. 

4marsbars

If the match could be shown on screens visible from every queue, I'd be more inclined to try the catering, without worrying that I'd miss something important. 

Guy near us popped out for burgers for his kids and missed Zeefuik's hat trick against the Blue Brazil. Another seven goals later he probably got over it.

JDK2020
19 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Only "a" pie?

One is never enough.

HopeDiouf

My take on the food at tynie is the quality is poor and the prices are high. Prices were always high but pies at least used to be half decent. Shite these days.

Edited by HopeDiouf

34 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

If the match could be shown on screens visible from every queue, I'd be more inclined to try the catering, without worrying that I'd miss something important. 

Guy near us popped out for burgers for his kids and missed Zeefuik's hat trick against the Blue Brazil. Another seven goals later he probably got over it.

That used to be the case, and then they stopped it.