Match day catering

jamborich

jamborich

Think we need to up our game pretty basic stuff, new hotel brilliant restaurant but the stuff we serve at the game is one star and not value for money 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• The Treasurer

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gorgierulesapply88

Kebab pie, one star.

Card only kiosks? 0 stars, disgusting.

Cash is Kong.

Seymour M Hersh

We need Michelin Starred Kiosks and we need them now. Someone put in a call to Tom Kitchin!

Byyy The Light

Problem is by and large you are trying to serve thousands of people in a 20 minute window.

To make it worthwhile to upgrade the grub we’d need to work on getting people to spend more time in the stadium. Or some kind of preorder and collection system.

If carlsberg did rivals...

How can you do pie and bovril wrong? 

Clerry Jambo
3 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Kebab pie, one star.

Cash is Kong.

Correct was beelin at killie game in the fans bar. Strolled up to bar carrying a wad and politely told card only. What’s the world coming to😡

leith_dude

Not sure what else they can offer that is doable with the time / space available.

The pies are decent IMO. I usually have the kebab pie but I've never been disappointed by any of them.

As for the value for money aspect, that is an unrealistic expectation IMO.  It's a little pricy but it's a money making opportunity for the club.  Best to see it more as a donation to the club rather than making your every penny count.

The season ticket is VFM which is the most important thing. 

I wish you could buy a pie on the way out. Just have one ot two kiosks open with left over stock. 

It's nice to have a bit of grub before the pub. 

3 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Kebab pie, one star.

Cash is Kong.

The cashless kiosks are the gorilla in the room for sure 

Radio Ga Ga
49 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Problem is by and large you are trying to serve thousands of people in a 20 minute window.

To make it worthwhile to upgrade the grub we’d need to work on getting people to spend more time in the stadium. Or some kind of preorder and collection system.

I seem to remember a few years ago they had a system where your ordered your pie and bovril etc and they delivered it to your seat, or have I just made that up?

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I seem to remember a few years ago they had a system where your ordered your pie and bovril etc and they delivered it to your seat, or have I just made that up?

About 15 years ago iirc. 

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Stop monkeying around.  This is a serious issue.

billythejambo
On 07/02/2024 at 21:51, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

I've just watched Hearts win yet again and flicked over time the Hibs v Celtic game as I heard they had equalised.

Jesus wept there's lucky if there is 6K hibs fans there..... row upon row of empty seats. 

I remember when we were struggling at the wrong end of the league a few years back but at least we sold our games out.....I suppose that just proves our commitment to our team....

👏👏👏👏😉

On 17/02/2024 at 17:24, jamdunc said:

What's the frequency?

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Why don't we do away with the football and put tables on the pitch 

Byyy The Light
14 minutes ago, billythejambo said:

Why don't we do away with the football and put tables on the pitch 

Chill Bill.

Was just pointing out there’s not much the club can do. The catering is fine. Personally I can’t be bothered missing the game standing in a queue for it. 

been here before

The kebab pies aside, which are manna from heaven, the catering at Tynecastle is shit, must be one of the worst in the league.

The pies in the Wheatfield are rank. Over cooked, over heated, crusts so solid you could cut diamonds.

The price for a hot dog is laughable. One tepid sausage on a dry roll and you're looking at £5.

brawlad74

£9.80 for my usual 2 scotch pies and bovril this season. Still no bad value compared with other clubs and I enjoy them tho can be overcooked and bovril no stirred properly. Would prefer to pay cash tho. 

Placid Casual

Yes, we definitely need to upgrade the food that we already serve. Must be easy enough to do.

Maybe we could also have a pop-up food shack (with quality offerings) outside the Main Stand?

Think the card-only option will be here to stay though.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct was beelin at killie game in the fans bar. Strolled up to bar carrying a wad and politely told card only. What’s the world coming to😡

I'm afraid the 20th century is gone and it isn't coming back! 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

will not hear a bad word against the kebab pie

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

I wish you could buy a pie on the way out. Just have one ot two kiosks open with left over stock. 

Been saying the same thing for ages.  The amount of waste is ridiculous.  Keeping 1 kiosk open and reduce the prices by half and we will shift a fair amount after the final whistle.

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

will not hear a bad word against the kebab pie

Agreed.  Proper tasty!

Clerry Jambo
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm afraid the 20th century is gone and it isn't coming back! 

Naw it’s no!

Bungalow Bill

There was me thinking the match day stuff was pretty good. 

gordon simpson
1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

How can you do pie and bovril wrong? 

burn the pie and cold bovril ?

Whitburn Hearts

I had the pleasure of eating a meatball marinara(sp) pie at St Mirren on sat . Very tasty , wee tad steep at £4.20 but a nice change. 

luckyBatistuta

Card only gives me the rage, but that’s the way the world is going. It also stops any staff stealing money too. On the food, the pies are overdone a lot, but the kebab pies are the doggies.

lost in space

Hands off our pies. Nothing worse than an undercooked pie - I want them burnt!!!

davemclaren

Hard to change much when 90% of your demand is in the 15 minutes before kickoff and 15 minutes at half time.  

Gorgiewave

I was at a game at Stockport this season. They sell pie, mash and mushy peas in a cardboard box for about £7. It was superb. No fancy facilities involved.

Shooter McGavin

Kebab pies aside, what we offer is rotten.

Anybody that eats a steak or scotch pie is at serious risk of breaking their teeth.

Selkirkhmfc1874

In hospitality on Saturday so hoping for the usual delicious food in the gorgie suite

Placid Casual
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

In hospitality on Saturday so hoping for the usual delicious food in the gorgie suite

image.gif.2b7030d4fdabe17a9f5f87fe890000c2.gif

Placid Casual
9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Kebab pies aside, what we offer is rotten.

Anybody that eats a steak or scotch pie is at serious risk of breaking their teeth.

If it’s not that, it’s pies that fall apart in your hand, piping hot 😬

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, I.T.K said:

Good shout.

1 hour ago, brawlad74 said:

£9.80 for my usual 2 scotch pies and bovril this season. Still no bad value compared with other clubs and I enjoy them tho can be overcooked and bovril no stirred properly. Would prefer to pay cash tho. 

I feel like an old man but what?!?!?!

£9.80 for two scotch pies and a Bovril? That's outrageous.

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh ffs.

One eye open at the time

gorgierulesapply88
Just now, Taffin said:

3 cans of juice at dynamic earth yesterday 5.80

That's half an hours wage!

Jack Torrance

Our Captain approves of the pies, so that's good enough for me. 

Just now, gorgierulesapply88 said:

3 cans of juice at dynamic earth yesterday 5.80

That's half an hours wage!

Not great either, but about 3 quid for one of those pies and 3 quid for hot water and powder is wild.

Why not have stations that sell the usual stuff like pies, bovril etc then rent out some spaces for independent food vans on rotation to change it up a bit?

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Been saying the same thing for ages.  The amount of waste is ridiculous.  Keeping 1 kiosk open and reduce the prices by half and we will shift a fair amount after the final whistle.

I don’t think there will be too much waste tbh, I used to run a Mobil catering outlet for a few years doing horse shows, Highland Games etc……..in the beginning at first your stock levels are full on to sell as much as possible as quickly as possible (hence the *hotdog, pie type of thing) you quickly learn to balance your stock by setting the bar mid to low, I know that sounds quite negative but, once you’ve sold out you’ve achieved your target and your waste levels are minimal/nil.

I’ve been to the kiosk's at the later side of half time and on many occasions there is very little left, so I’d wager that’s what the club does, if you’ve got your mind on a hotdog but they’ve only got pies left you’ll have a pie/burger etc…….crisps/chocolate bars as a back up as they won’t spoil and need no prep.   Of course the food critics are crying out for something else but it is what it is, all that can be improved is the quality of pies.

Not ITK but I’d wager the curry she’d failed because of the overheads, time spent on prep, ability to sell high volume in a short space etc and, most likely any other future gourmet ideas (who of course have the best intentions) will go the same way.

* BTW, I didn’t sell burgers etc, I sold fresh cooked baked potatoes using a large industrial oven with home made fillings, chilli (including veg), beans, cheese, haggis & needs etc…..and stovies & corned beef hash, pulled pork with apple sauce.👍

Turkishcap

Great thread as other forums are crapping it to scrape top 6 we have this luxury.

And I am being serious, hope others look in.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I don’t think there will be too much waste tbh, I used to run a Mobil catering outlet for a few years doing horse shows, Highland Games etc……..in the beginning at first your stock levels are full on to sell as much as possible as quickly as possible (hence the *hotdog, pie type of thing) you quickly learn to balance your stock by setting the bar mid to low, I know that sounds quite negative but, once you’ve sold out you’ve achieved your target and your waste levels are minimal/nil.

I’ve been to the kiosk's at the later side of half time and on many occasions there is very little left, so I’d wager that’s what the club does, if you’ve got your mind on a hotdog but they’ve only got pies left you’ll have a pie/burger etc…….crisps/chocolate bars as a back up as they won’t spoil and need no prep.   Of course the food critics are crying out for something else but it is what it is, all that can be improved is the quality of pies.

Not ITK but I’d wager the curry she’d failed because of the overheads, time spent on prep, ability to sell high volume in a short space etc and, most likely any other future gourmet ideas (who of course have the best intentions) will go the same way.

* BTW, I didn’t sell burgers etc, I sold fresh cooked baked potatoes using a large industrial oven with home made fillings, chilli (including veg), beans, cheese, haggis & needs etc…..and stovies & corned beef hash, pulled pork with apple sauce.👍

Thi man knows his onions...and pies. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

Great thread as other forums are crapping it to scrape top 6 we have this luxury.

And I am being serious, hope others look in.

😄

brawlad74
26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

£1 increase from last season.! Think I'm more upset with the price of a pint before games tho. 

Rick Sanchez

Kebab pie aside, it's pretty shite. But then again, I'm not really looking for anything else.

Rip off for drinks though.

The Treasurer

I might be in the minority, but I go to Tynecastle for the football, not for lunch.