Dundee or Hibs........ Who do you want in the top six.........?

Section Q

Montgomery Brewster
49 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Hopefully Motherwell make top 6 and Dundee and Hibs miss out on the extra cash. 

Is the correct answer.

above all - those vermin ***** can **** right off !

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmerTweedy

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh

Neither but it's always fun to see the tears flowing at the San Giro. 

1 hour ago, copa-mundial said:

Dundee to lose vs Sevco and sheep. Motherwell to beat Hibs with Spittal getting the all crucial goal! 

This would be the ultimate HIBS'd it! 

Would be just about perfect . If Ross County had just got their shit together and not appointed that utter cretin Adams , then they might have even overtaken them with Dhanda doing the business 

Deid Heid
1 hour ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Is the correct answer.

Yup, this sums it up nicely.

HeartsandonlyHearts

#!bs confirmed as a bottom 6 team one week before we win our semi final would be a perfect way to end their $#!t pot of a pre split season.
For any #obos looking in today. 
GIRFUY.
Hanging around another teams message board is so #oboesque. 

13 hours ago, XB52 said:

Can't understand anyone wanting hibs to make top 6. 

Because we get another Derby to get another win. Great atmosphere, best tension, get to sing Hibs are falling apart again!
Most enjoyable games to win. Losing is not an option, a draw feels like a loss.

HeartsandonlyHearts
37 minutes ago, H2 said:

Because we get another Derby to get another win. Great atmosphere, best tension, get to sing Hibs are falling apart again!
Most enjoyable games to win. Losing is not an option, a draw feels like a loss.

Nah!! 

We don’t need games against the third best team in the city to make us feel good. Bottom 6 for the #obos.

copa-mundial
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Would be just about perfect . If Ross County had just got their shit together and not appointed that utter cretin Adams , then they might have even overtaken them with Dhanda doing the business 

In all honesty. Ross County can take their medicine. 

We'll happily take their best player from them on a freebie, while they struggle against Raith to stay in the division 😁

1 minute ago, copa-mundial said:

In all honesty. Ross County can take their medicine. 

We'll happily take their best player from them on a freebie, while they struggle against Raith to stay in the division 😁

True I will shed no tears over that club . Would take a Hibs relegation over anyone though ! :lol: 

Fort Vallance

Everybody talking about Spittal getting the winner against them. I'm sticking a couple of quid on Halliday.

11 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The place where your prediction is likely to go wrong is in bold. I'll let you try to work out why!

Oops meant Aberdeen

The Hogfather

Anyone who wants Hibs to even win a throw in needs to give their heads a wobble.

HeartsandonlyHearts

How $#!te are #!bs? 1-10 scale. They’ve scored more goals than us but are 21 points behind us. 21 points!! That is some level of $#!tery. I absolutely love having them as our city “rivals”

Rivals my @$$. 

2 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Is the correct answer.

Well said that man.

One five
3 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Is the correct answer.

This

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, BigAlim said:

So currently I believe we are due to play:

Celtic Away

Ranger Home

Kilmarnock Away 

St Mirren Home

Then from the other three:

Hibs Away

Dundee Home

Motherwell Away

We will have played 17 home games going in to the split which means that we should in theory only have 2 more. 

Would I be right in saying that Dundee finishing 6th would mean that we would have to make a third trip to Dundee, St Mirren or Rangers?

You are right in saying that, but I'd also point out that it's not impossible that we could play two teams away for a third time and play someone else at home for a third time as well, if that ends up being the easiest way for the league to balance out everyone's fixtures at 19/19!

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, south morroccan said:

Correction: Dundee in 6th would also mean Rangers with 20 home games. They'd be away to us and Celtic. At home to Dundee, Killie and St Mirren. Both Hibs and Motherwell would give 19/19.  Not looking at the rest cos my brain hurts but suspect if it's Dundee Rangers would get 20 homes and we'd be off to Dundee.

If it's Dundee, everyone will have 19 home and 19 away. 

bawheed
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

If that happens Dundee and Motherwell both on 39 points with Motherwell far better GD and Hibs on 38 points so Motherwell make top 6.

Very possible scenario.

Gorgierools
9 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You are right in saying that, but I'd also point out that it's not impossible that we could play two teams away for a third time and play someone else at home for a third time as well, if that ends up being the easiest way for the league to balance out everyone's fixtures at 19/19!

Surely equality of home/away games should be a priority as the home team income loss is significant 

Opinionated Jambo
On 09/04/2024 at 07:26, EH11 2NL said:

Would love the extra derby, something to look forward to towards the end of the season (other than the Cup final 😉). 

But **** them, Motherwell please. Hibs to finish as low as possible. 

My thoughts exactly. I would love the extra derby to cap off a fantastic season, with a win of course. However on the other hand I would like Hibs to finish as low as possible. No mercy.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Surely equality of home/away games should be a priority as the home team income loss is significant 

Yep, but that only happens if 3 teams have played 16 and 3 teams have played 17 home games.

Sherbet
4 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

think equal home and away against top six rivals is more important, stop us having to go to ibrox/parkhead 3 times

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yep, but that only happens if 3 teams have played 16 and 3 teams have played 17 home games.

Is any credit for losing a home game the previous season taken into account when deciding the post split fixtures then? Or does the planning start straight away with what suits TV and the OF?

escobri

Hibs to be 2 up then Halliday comes off the bench for a perfect hat-trick to complete another Hibsedit classic.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Is any credit for losing a home game the previous season taken into account when deciding the post split fixtures then? Or does the planning start straight away with what suits TV and the OF?

As long as the gruesome can't complain, they don't care.

HeartsandonlyHearts

#!bs not playing us or either of the butt cheeks means losses of hundreds of thousands of pounds. I think we all know the correct answer.
I said it before. In 2020 they voted for the season to end and gave up gate money, TV money, league position winnings. All without batting an eyelid. 
**** them.

Disser Pointon
10 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

#!bs not playing us or either of the butt cheeks means losses of hundreds of thousands of pounds. I think we all know the correct answer.
I said it before. In 2020 they voted for the season to end and gave up gate money, TV money, league position winnings. All without batting an eyelid. 
**** them.

Is the correct answer

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

It is the priority!  19 home and 19 away is the top priority. I didn't say anything different! 

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It is the priority!  19 home and 19 away is the top priority. I didn't say anything different! 

I wasn't questioning you,but the ability of them to organise it correctly 

13 hours ago, Sherbet said:

think equal home and away against top six rivals is more important, stop us having to go to ibrox/parkhead 3 times

Primary issue for the SPL is to ensure that Celtic and Rangers play the same number of home games each. Every other team will need to bend as required to accommodate this. The secondary issue is that, given our success against Celtic in the league this season, the ties will ensure that we will be going to Parkhead and Rangers to Tynecastle as scheduled. There is no way we will be sent to Ibrox again and conversely Celtic will not be sent back to Tynecastle.