** MAFIA - The Inchcolm Island Asylum Mystery

Dunks

1 minute ago, Seats said:

Wooo

Jeezo, no need to rub it in!! 🤣

Wooo

Sorry, Seats! Just trying to clarify for Vlad.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dunks

• Bunny Munro

• Vlad Magic

• Peakybunnet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Thought you might pipe up now.

See above.

Is there a set amount of time I need to wait before posting again? Lynching me would be a pretty poor decision from the town. It would certainly keep the game rolling as I’m not a goon. 

Being suspicious of you doesn’t make me a goon. 

The Hogfather

The last goon isn’t going to be me. I fired Sean onto an early goon list and voted for him day one. Pointing the finger at a fellow goon that early on would be stupid. 

He also tried to point at me for voting for Bunny, which never happened. 

Vote Count

Vlad Magic 3
Bender 1

3 to post

6 to vote

6 for a lynch

Deadline 9pm

26 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If I get lynched we still win as we know who the last goon is.

Nice win town.

Great game 👍

Got the psycho to get too. Which I'm beginning to think may be you. 

In fact, do you know what. I'm going to jump on. And if you're good, then it points to all who've voted you, including myself. But I think that's a risk I'm willing to take.

We need to get the psycho and the last goon. The psycho would be keen for quick lynches imo and could also play the 'I can't possibly be a goon' card. I could be wrong here but my gut is telling me you're the psycho. 

vote vlad

Stuart McNeill

Could yesterday have just been WJ, Andy and Vlad discussion trying to blend in, definitely seems WJ tried it with Andy.

It'd be a crazy tactic for goons to have all 3 in the main frame. Giving the thread another read. 

And before the reply of 'why would I not just kill hogfather or bender if I was psycho?' comes - the psycho wouldn't want to murder the last goon with their bullet. They'd want the town to do the job then they'd try take out the other roles. I think the seats kill wasn't because the psycho thought he was bad, but because they thought that he could possibly have a good role. 

Vlad Magic
8 hours ago, Shapes said:

Got the psycho to get too. Which I'm beginning to think may be you. 

In fact, do you know what. I'm going to jump on. And if you're good, then it points to all who've voted you, including myself. But I think that's a risk I'm willing to take.

We need to get the psycho and the last goon. The psycho would be keen for quick lynches imo and could also play the 'I can't possibly be a goon' card. I could be wrong here but my gut is telling me you're the psycho. 

vote vlad

I can assure you that if I was the psycho I would have taken you out on your birthday 🤣🤣

yvonnejambo

Okay if I am reading this right, we presume only 1 goon left and 2 night time roles are blocked tonight, so hopefully 1 is the last goon and then at least 1 person would know their identity. 

Vlad Magic

Correct me if I’m wrong but last night after Wee Jambo was killed the goons didn’t make a kill?

So are all the goons dead? Was there only 3 at the start of the game and it’s only the psychopath we are looking for?

Vlad Magic
12 hours ago, Dunks said:

After a great start, the Asylum was in fine fettle. Two Mafia bosses were already dead and the staff and patients were hungry for more. They took the whole day to decide between Vlad and Wee Jambo, with a late decision to whack Wee Jambo. But was it a good decision? Either way, he was slaughtered in the showers - I guess it's easier to clean up :)

image.png.1f8a9a5c0ef1427c1c7a0a1de3821a11.png

12 hours ago, Dunks said:

Little Nicky Corozzo, Mafia Boss, is nothing more than a squelchy mess.

Night stuff please - deadline is 10:13 tonight.

11 hours ago, Dunks said:

The Asylum was in a party mood. Two days in and three Mafia bosses dead already. Things were as good as they could be in an asylum in the middle of the Forth.

The good Doctor decided to protect someone tonight, not that they needed it. As well as being protected, that person's role is now blocked for a full cycle.

The Psychiatrist was out and about looking for the Psychopath, but they were unsuccessful tonight.

The Schizophrenic selected their target for the night - but what was the action?

image.png.0bb55de699727786194ea3478df9ded8.png

Another player blocked for a full cycle.

That leaves us with the Hitman. They were a bit annoyed as their bosses were being picked off one by one.

So who would they take out their rage on? Systematically dismantling their body, but leaving their shoes on :ninja:

image.png.5e56e411269f6b1d1d578e17c4707216.png

The most respected patient Chief Bromden (Tommy Brown) wouldn't be making it over the cuckoos nest after all 😪

It is now day

Player List

StuartMcNeill
Peakybunnet
Vlad Magic
yvonnejambo
The Hogfather
Shapes
Bunny Munro
Bender
Rudi Skacel
Seats
Boof

Deadline 9pm

Where is the goon kill?

I think only the big main mafia guy can make a kill? So because he's dead they couldn't kill but they will be able to tonight because a new head honcho goes into place after one cycle?

That leaves us with the Hitman. They were a bit annoyed as their bosses were being picked off one by one.

So who would they take out their rage on? Systematically dismantling their body, but leaving their shoes on :ninja:

image.png.5e56e411269f6b1d1d578e17c4707216.png

Ok so the hitman is still alive and @Vlad Magicthis is the 'goon kill' here. The hitman is the main goon as far as I can tell. My brain is frazzled with this game 

Mafia Hitman

Dictates night kills on behalf of the mafia, whom they communicate with offline. If the Hitman is taken out, the mafia can nominate a new Hitman after one cycle

Vlad Magic
3 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Ok so the hitman is still alive and @Vlad Magicthis is the 'goon kill' here. The hitman is the main goon as far as I can tell. My brain is frazzled with this game 

Mafia Hitman

Dictates night kills on behalf of the mafia, whom they communicate with offline. If the Hitman is taken out, the mafia can nominate a new Hitman after one cycle

Makes sense. I’m so used to the hitman/assassin role being solitary ie in it for yourself and no communication with others. 

Vlad Magic

There are 2 peoples roles who have been frozen. 1 by the doc and 1 by the schizophrenic.

If there is no hitman kill tonight then it’s either whoever the doc protected (and then froze role) or whoever the schizophrenic picked (and subsequently frozen on Dunks wheel).

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

There are 2 peoples roles who have been frozen. 1 by the doc and 1 by the schizophrenic.

If there is no hitman kill tonight then it’s either whoever the doc protected (and then froze role) or whoever the schizophrenic picked (and subsequently frozen on Dunks wheel).

So the schiz will know that whoever they picked last night isn't the hitman 

Vlad Magic
Just now, Shapes said:

Correct 👍

Stuart McNeill
45 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

39 minutes ago, Shapes said:

How would the schiz know this. 

Couldn't it be the doctor? 

Or are you asking for yourself and you're schiz shapes? 

Vlad Magic
7 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Im not the schiz.

The doc role freezes role for 1 cycle. The schiz role is random of 4 with freeze being one. When Dunks spun the wheel last night the random outcome was freeze. 

So if the hitman doesn’t make a kill tonight the hitman is either whoever the doc chose to save (unlikely but not impossible) or whoever the Schiz chose.

I guess the same could be said for any of the roles still in play. For example if the FBI agent fails to make an investigation they must have had their role frozen. The Schizo will then know who the FBI agent is.

I think I’m right in saying that both the Doc and the Schizo can easily work out players roles with the “freeze action” feature Dunks has introduced.

The schizo however is gambling on getting “freeze”. They may inadvertently “protect”. They could also theoretically win the game if they get lucky and get “kill”?

Vlad Magic

Apologies I’ve been using the term “freeze” when officially it’s “role blocked” but I think you get the gist 👍

14 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Because surely if they've picked someone and the wheel lands on freeze but the hitman kill still goes ahead then they know it's not the hitman they've targeted?

Vlad Magic

As Shapes correctly pointed out whoever the name was the Schiz gave to Dunks during night can not be the hitman because the hitman made a kill last night 👍

Peakybunnet
49 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Im not the schiz.

The doc role freezes role for 1 cycle. The schiz role is random of 4 with freeze being one. When Dunks spun the wheel last night the random outcome was freeze. 

So if the hitman doesn’t make a kill tonight the hitman is either whoever the doc chose to save (unlikely but not impossible) or whoever the Schiz chose.

I guess the same could be said for any of the roles still in play. For example if the FBI agent fails to make an investigation they must have had their role frozen. The Schizo will then know who the FBI agent is.

I think I’m right in saying that both the Doc and the Schizo can easily work out players roles with the “freeze action” feature Dunks has introduced.

The schizo however is gambling on getting “freeze”. They may inadvertently “protect”. They could also theoretically win the game if they get lucky and get “kill”?

This will be embedded in Mafia History. 😝

From Dunks' OP:

"After night is called, the FBI Agents investigation will be revealed.

I'll then take and deal with nominations from the Doc, Psychiatrist, Schizophrenic, Hitman & Psychopath in that order."

Does that have any bearing on what happened last night? The hitman still got their hit in so presumably Doc and Schiz didn't target them?

Hmmm - does that mean the FBI agent is blocked for the next rotation of the cycle if they got targeted by the Doc?

Or the FBI, Doc, Psychiatrist if they got targeted by the Schizophrenic?

Vlad Magic
5 minutes ago, Boof said:

Hmmm - does that mean the FBI agent is blocked for the next rotation of the cycle if they got targeted by the Doc?

Or the FBI, Doc, Psychiatrist if they got targeted by the Schizophrenic?

Are the correct questions to be asking 👍

Stuart McNeill
58 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

As Shapes correctly pointed out whoever the name was the Schiz gave to Dunks during night can not be the hitman because the hitman made a kill last night 👍

Yup I understand now. 

I don't know where my logic was going, I've obviously misread it initially and assumed it was about later on or something but I get it now 😂😂

My pebble brain needs to have roles in brackets or something. Helps me keep track 

Vlad Magic

Actually the important part that needs clarifying from @Dunks is the timeline from when the “cycle” of role block starts and when it ends. Is it from when the wheel is spun and before other roled players send their PM’s to Dunks or after?

Depending on these parameters the whole picture of who did or did not perform their role due to “role block” will be skewed by a whole game day.

Bunny Munro

Im just as confused as you all with the new roles. Really interesting set up mind.

I don't think Vlad is a goon, but not basing that on much more than a hunch.

I'm out and about today, so no vote counts until I'm back. If there's a lynch, call night please.

As you were :)

Currently touring my old haunts of Livingston and Bathgate :D

Peakybunnet

I was in Bathgate last week. Couldn’t believe all the supermarkets on and around Whitburn Road. 

On 08/04/2024 at 12:39, Stuart McNeill said:

2 'safe' votes and they're both eventually put in front.

You pulling the strings for the goons WJ? 

Stuart increasing his trust level (to me, anyway) by a couple of percentage points...

Rudi Skacel

Im not any role and have no knowledge but i dont think vlad is the (im presuming) last goon. 

its very easy for people to go for whoever was in a tie or in a close vote with a goon who was lynched. 

Bunny Munro

I'll try and get on as much as I can tonight but Leanne's out so I'm on solo dad duty once I get the wee one from nursery. 

Peakybunnet

If I had to do a goon list now I would swing towards

Vlad

Shapes 

Yvonne

Next best guess would be Boof and Bender 

Day 2 vote chronology

Hogfather vote Shapes 1
Peaky vote WeeJambo 1
WeeJambo vote Boof 1
Vlad vote Boof 2
Bunny vote Vlad 1
Tommy vote WeeJambo 2
Seats vote Vlad 2
WeeJambo unvote Boof 1
WeeJambo vote Andy 1
Bunny unvote Vlad 1
Andy vote WeeJambo 3
Andy unvote WeeJambo 2
Shapes vote Hogfather 1
WeeJambo vote Vlad 2
Vlad unvote Boof 0
Vlad vote WeeJambo 3
Bunny vote Seats 1
Hogfather unvote Shapes 0
Stuart vote Tommy 1
Yvonne vote Stuart 1
Bender vote Vlad 3
Hogfather vote Vlad 4
Rudi vote WeeJambo 4
Boof vote Yvonne 1
Seats unvote Vlad 3
Seats vote WeeJambo 5

yvonnejambo

I’m struggling to get properly involved in this but I am trying to keep up.

i think there is so many saying very little (yes i could be accused of this too but i am ill!)  

I am wary of everyone really!

I could go for retaliation vote or go with my gut.

Vote Hogfather 

Peakybunnet

And Seats unvoting Vlad to put Wee Jambo out front at the end . 🫤

7 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Sneaky wee vote by Boof at the end for Yvonne. 😀

5 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

And Seats unvoting Vlad to put Wee Jambo out front at the end . 🫤

Seats was a good guy, though.

And so am I. At the time I was unaware of Yvonne being unwell - not quite blues and twos territory but ill enough not to have this game as priority #1.

Edited by Boof

Bunny Munro

Assuming there was originally 4 goons. I don't think goons would be keen to trade off votes on each other after such a bad first day and a half for them. 

I'm leaning towards trusting those who put Wee Jambo ahead in the voting (Peaky, Tommy, Vlad, Rudi, Seats).

I appreciate that goons voting goons isn't anything new, but it's a really risky strategy with only two left so early, and surely they'd prefer to play safe after losing two before night two.

Obviously Seats is dead and was good. 

The Hogfather
15 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I’m struggling to get properly involved in this but I am trying to keep up.

i think there is so many saying very little (yes i could be accused of this too but i am ill!)  

I am wary of everyone really!

I could go for retaliation vote or go with my gut.

Vote Hogfather 

Your gut is telling you I'm a goon, even though I pointed my finger at Sean straight away? Why would I try and eliminate a team mate straight away? It makes no sense.

yvonnejambo
12 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Assuming there was originally 4 goons. I don't think goons would be keen to trade off votes on each other after such a bad first day and a half for them. 

I'm leaning towards trusting those who put Wee Jambo ahead in the voting (Peaky, Tommy, Vlad, Rudi, Seats).

I appreciate that goons voting goons isn't anything new, but it's a really risky strategy with only two left so early, and surely they'd prefer to play safe after losing two before night two.

And Tommy is dead too. 

Peakybunnet
25 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I thought he was still in the game. 🤪