Dens Park Pitch Debacle

RustyRightPeg

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Thats got to be a wind up surely? 

Indeed.  They can take their sporting integrity and ram it where the sun don’t shine.  They cared soooo much about sporting integrity during the incomplete Covid season.  

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• RustyRightPeg

• FarmerTweedy

• Rockwell

alicante jambo
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Indeed.  They can take their sporting integrity and ram it where the sun don’t shine.  They cared soooo much about sporting integrity during the incomplete Covid season.  

Well said fozzy.

Sherbet
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Same thing.

It was the Tories .

You've got quite a simplistic view

Saint Jambo
23 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Does that matter?  We have some Scottish Cup games with VAR, some without so there is a precedent set for this, albeit with a different governing body.  

There are examples within the league as well. If VAR fails then the game goes ahead without it. If it is fixed midway through the game, it is then used for the remainder of the game. It was also introduced mid-season. The argument for all of that is that it is the same for both sides. So if they were willing to bend the rules to play the game at a neutral ground, then there is no good reason for them not to also bend the rules to play the game without VAR.

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting 

As I mentioned earlier, all of this weekend's games aren't played at the same time anyway. Unless there is an agreement that Sky will only pick a game that has no bearing on the split, then the clubs have already accepted that some teams will have a sporting advantage. 

Saint Jambo
30 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting 

Edited by Saint Jambo
Double post

Sherbet

Dundee should tell the rangers  if we hadn't paid hmrc we could have invested in our pitch

Sherbet
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

There are examples within the league as well. If VAR fails then the game goes ahead without it. If it is fixed midway through the game, it is then used for the remainder of the game. It was also introduced mid-season. The argument for all of that is that it is the same for both sides. So if they were willing to bend the rules to play the game at a neutral ground, then there is no good reason for them not to also bend the rules to play the game without VAR.

As I mentioned earlier, all of this weekend's games aren't played at the same time anyway. Unless there is an agreement that Sky will only pick a game that has no bearing on the split, then the clubs have already accepted that some teams will have a sporting advantage. 

Top six is earned over 33 games not one. If dundee win on Saturday next midweek is immaterial.

alicante jambo

Does anyone have a list of the monies the league positions get?

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Youre such a wee huffy guy Sparkles :lol: 

*You're 

Couple of my mates are playing in a game down at the Riverside in Dundee :rofl:

It made some radio phone in show. Can't write it. Amatuer game right on the water gets the green light but professionals are called off. 

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, 151 said:

Couple of my mates are playing in a game down at the Riverside in Dundee :rofl:

It made some radio phone in show. Can't write it. Amatuer game right on the water gets the green light but professionals are called off. 

20240410_205358.jpg

10 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

*You're 

:D 

Mocking disabilities again eh Sparkles ……. Shame , you do yourself a discredit :( 

Mikey1874
20 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Does anyone have a list of the monies the league positions get?

Need someone perhaps to confirm this

20240410_210108.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240410_210108.jpg

I’m sure some of the prize money is dished out around Xmas if I remember correctly 

alicante jambo
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240410_210108.jpg

Thanks again mate so if the world champions finish 7th we get 600k more than them if we get 3rd. 

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dundee have this to answer to. Maybe get a refund though.

That pitch has grown new blades of grass a few times over since then . It is not the same grass . That grass is a completely different and separate entity to the original pitch 

25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240410_205358.jpg

Hmm I was sure they were playing against The Beat :lol:

Ah well, my mates aren't involved but yeh that's the game I was talking about.

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Thanks again mate so if the world champions finish 7th we get 600k more than them if we get 3rd. 

Every Foundation of Hearts AGM the Finance guy mentions whose prize money we equalled by donations.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting 

:rofl:“Sporting integrity”!

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Hopefully a couple of hamstrings going for Rangers players next week 

A couple of them vanishing in quicksand and a couple of cases of trenchfoot would be handy! 😃

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A few people including Chris Sutton saying game will be moved to Ibrox. Presumably after a morning inspection. 

There's no way that should happen, but it would be funny to see the reaction of the terrorist lovers!

13 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

What does the shareholders deficit mean buddy? That loss is fecking amazing. 

In simplistic terms it means they've lost more money than the sum total of of money that has been invested by shareholders, therefore to finance their losses they rely on debt.  Their debt is broadly similar in size to the shareholder deficit.

While that sounds pretty bad, the bulk of their debt is actually to the owners.  Basically rather than the owners investing more money to cover the club's excess spending, they've been lending the club money instead.

They are projecting to make similar losses in the next financial year, so the shareholders deficit will become even larger, unless the owners decide to invest additional funds, agree to swap some of the debt for additional shares (like the Gordons at Hibs), find another investor willing to come on board in return for a share of the club (like Foley at Hibs), or a generous benefactor willing to donate funds to the club (like Anderson and FOH at Hearts).

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

:D 

Mocking disabilities again eh Sparkles ……. Shame , you do yourself a discredit :( 

Mocking? Who is mocking? I was merely lending a helping hand. 

No need to thank me tho. 

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, euan 10 said:

The pitch was good enough for Dundee Motherwell but not good enough for the rangers what a joke Scottish football is it’s all about the old firm the may as well call sfa gfa so biased to watch the two scum from the west 

I suspect the reality is it wasn't good enough for the Motherwell game either, but the ref was pressured to declare it playable because they knew there was a strong chance of tonight being unplayable too, and two postponed Dundee games would make scheduling post-split fixtures even more of a cluster**** than it already is!

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

Anyone else remember the neglect and unprofessionalism displayed by The Rangers on January 16th 2015 with match v Us abandoned after 24 mins due to snow covered pitch!  Undersoil heating bill too high for those mutants plus a lack of volunteer fans to help clear the pitch in time.... Hypocrites!

No, you should definitely remind us of that many times! 😃

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I suspect the reality is it wasn't good enough for the Motherwell game either, but the ref was pressured to declare it playable because they knew there was a strong chance of tonight being unplayable too, and two postponed Dundee games would make scheduling post-split fixtures even more of a cluster**** than it already is!

I think you are probably right.  Kettlewell was certainly of the opinion that the game shouldn't have gone ahead on Saturday and that the conditions were endangering to his players.  

I agree with Hibs on this one. In interest of sporting integrity the league should be called as it is. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Definitely, wasn’t going to be shown live on Sky either. 

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Every Foundation of Hearts AGM the Finance guy mentions whose prize money we equalled by donations.

True.  Our FOH donations are currently equivalent to the prize money for 6th place.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

As soon as there is no way Hibs can benefit from any of this , I hope Dundee get absolutely hammered 

I approve of this post!

14 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Mocking? Who is mocking? I was merely lending a helping hand. 

No need to thank me tho. 

You are cute 

ehcaley
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Aye, their pitch has always been appalling. 😄

1 each poor game ,pitch held up well tho😀

davemclaren
Just now, ehcaley said:

1 each poor game ,pitch held up well tho😀

👍

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

I’m sure some of the prize money is dished out around Xmas if I remember correctly 

That certainly used to be the case, and more dished out at the split too.  Kind of irrelevant to whether Mikey's post has accurate overall figures though!

ellsbells
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not really a culprit and those saying its not the Tories fault they haven’t exactly helped the problem of climate change. 
They will still be getting a fine for disrupting the Rangers, shame. 

Saw this on Twitter made me laugh

IMG_5109.jpeg

Thunder and Lightning
18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You are cute 

Thanks Sooks. 

It's nice to know you care. 

Have a lovely evening. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, ellsbells said:

Saw this on Twitter made me laugh

IMG_5109.jpeg

😂.

On a serious note how does the water not naturally drain away down that slope 🤔?

bawheed
On 04/04/2024 at 14:05, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Well see the rain is much worse at Dens than it is at Tannadice.

Also this is Scotland, who could have foreseen a run of rainy weather?

It’s now 5 games called off this season

redjambo
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That pitch has grown new blades of grass a few times over since then . It is not the same grass . That grass is a completely different and separate entity to the original pitch 

And you're not the same Sooks who first started posting here since a large proportion of your cells will have been replaced by now. Imposter!

boag1874
4 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

Anyone else remember the neglect and unprofessionalism displayed by The Rangers on January 16th 2015 with match v Us abandoned after 24 mins due to snow covered pitch!  Undersoil heating bill too high for those mutants plus a lack of volunteer fans to help clear the pitch in time.... Hypocrites!

That was a ****ing shambles - but to be fair to the zombies that was a different board and they were a total basket case. Dundee deserve all they get for this, 5 call offs due to weather is a disgrace especially as they’ve spent money on players that should have been spent on sorting the pitch.

Also back to the huns, I also remember their trampy fans attacking our busses after the game that night - quite happy to act all pally with us until we show them up, then the true colours come out & they turn nasty. Hope the journey was absolutely pish and expensive tonight you rats GIRFUY

Section Q
4 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

Snowing that night and they if I remember rightly.

I think Dundee should be ordered to play the game at a neutral ground or forfeit the points.

innerjambo

Could be a very uncomfortable few days for the Hobos, if results don't go there way.

Edited by innerjambo

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Amen 👏👏

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

And you're not the same Sooks who first started posting here since a large proportion of your cells will have been replaced by now. Imposter!

I bought the history of those cells 

Ministryofdad

Hibs now calling the spfl about sporting integrity. 

Of all teams against Dundee and sevco. 

2020 will NEVER be forgotten. 

However in the same thought process if Dundee get top six. Are we at home or away against the fax squad?? 

scottg71
4 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

Hibs now calling the spfl about sporting integrity. 

Of all teams against Dundee and sevco. 

2020 will NEVER be forgotten. 

However in the same thought process if Dundee get top six. Are we at home or away against the fax squad?? 

Should be at home but we should also be at home to Rangers and St Mirren. I think we’re only due 2 homes games so would probably have to play an extra one away. 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240410_210108.jpg

It still annoys me that the diffrence between 1st and 2nd is about the same as between 3rd and 12th. 

Its tottally rigged. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
13 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

I pointed that out to a Hun last night. They were not happy at it being pointed out they couldn't afford to pay their bills.