Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• jock _turd

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

Why would we drop shankland

Just my opinion,want to start fast and feel pressing them early, and Vargas playing central helps this.

Bring on later in game.

Edited by Bongo 1874

GinRummy
20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon 

Lembikisa Kent Kingsley Cochrane 

Sibbick

Denholm   Tait

Oda                         Forrest 

Vargas

Ffs. Not this again. 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Not great if no Beni or Hoff 

No chances will be taken with these two ahead of the semi.

upgotheheads
28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon 

Sibbick

Denholm   Tait

Vargas

Unless he's injured I guarantee that  Zander will start ahead of CG. The rest of your picks are controversial, to say the least.

Just now, Cranston said:

👍

Exactly right. He's not been playing the normal central forward role lately, and results have suffered. Get him back in the main  striker role Naismith.

What annoys me is that he's having to drop in and help out because other players aren't doing their jobs properly.

We need our midfield to get on the ball and start quickly feeding our forwards. I love Beni as much as the next fan, but he's excruciating in possession sometimes. We're playing against such defensive teams that aren't that much worse than us, so once they're in their defensive shape, we're snookered and cannot break them down effectively. I think Tait and Devlin could feed Grant/Shanks/Vargas a lot quicker and Tait in particular was breaking lines and running into space against Killie but being ignored by Kingsley and other players in possession. Hopefully Naismith has torn into them for this. We're bad enough at breaking down teams without having our players actively ignoring excellent runs. 

16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Unless he's injured I guarantee that  Zander will start ahead of CG. The rest of your picks are controversial, to say the least.

And the rest :lol: 

giphy.gif

Cranston
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

What annoys me is that he's having to drop in and help out because other players aren't doing their jobs properly.

We need our midfield to get on the ball and start quickly feeding our forwards. I love Beni as much as the next fan, but he's excruciating in possession sometimes. We're playing against such defensive teams that aren't that much worse than us, so once they're in their defensive shape, we're snookered and cannot break them down effectively. I think Tait and Devlin could feed Grant/Shanks/Vargas a lot quicker and Tait in particular was breaking lines and running into space against Killie but being ignored by Kingsley and other players in possession. Hopefully Naismith has torn into them for this. We're bad enough at breaking down teams without having our players actively ignoring excellent runs. 

👍

Shankland needs to be playing centrally first and foremost. Dropping deep, running into wide areas etc are not his main strengths. He has to be looking to get into the box and getting on the end of chances, not attempting to make chances for others. He's the main goal threat for goodness sakes.

Gordons left glove
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just my opinion,want to start fast and feel pressing them early, and Vargas playing central helps this.

Bring on later in game.

Fair

ShedBoy
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon 

Sibbick

Denholm   Tait

Vargas

Zero dig in there. Would be overrun in a heartbeat. I find some of your team selections baffling at times. Juxtaposed to some of your more level headed contributions.

I’d definitely want Hoff, Beni or Devlin in there. This team is gagging for a nasty CM.

Ricardo Quaresma

Reckon Naisy's been working with midfield specifically for this game and knows who he's playing already

Maybe a little surprising who's in the midfield three, but Devlin won't be a surprise if Beni and Nieuwenhof are unavailable

GinRummy
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Reckon Naisy's been working with midfield specifically for this game and knows who he's playing already

Maybe a little surprising who's in the midfield three, but Devlin won't be a surprise if Beni and Nieuwenhof are unavailable

It’s quite hard to get a balance in midfield without Nieuwenhof. 

scottg71
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Hoff been a massive miss the last 2 games 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When Naisy started putting Cochrane in there, I can understand keeping Kingsley in defence, but I think Kingsley would be great in there

bawheed
14 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

When Naisy started putting Cochrane in there, I can understand keeping Kingsley in defence, but I think Kingsley would be great in there

Don’t think the pitch will be playable after all this rain.

The Observer
1 hour ago, Gordons left glove said:

Why would we drop shankland

Let him rot on the bench until the end of next season!! In fact, loan him to Livi until his contract expires.*

*I wasn't here for the winter transfer thread, just ranting.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Lots of people on here think that it'll be on, regardless of the amount of rain

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Good!  Give Beni and Hoff a chance of getting fit. 

CaptainShanks

It seems a lot of folk have it in for Grant and are unwilling to change their mind on him. He has our second highest number of assist this season including the corner for Shanks at Parkhead and the tremendous pass for Vargas in the Livi one nil game when we were struggling. He is also top for expected assists. 

Here are Naismith's thoughts on him. 

"He has got great football intelligence and he’s a smart footballer. “That’s probably went unnoticed. He understands the game, he understands it’s not ‘when the right-back gets it you must press’ and then he does that every time. His reading of the game, spotting what’s happening in-game – it’s very good. He is an experienced pro and he has learned that.”

He’s got a calmness and a lot of the time, the things he does in these games looks simple,” Naismith explained. “But in certain games simple is perfect and exactly what you need. Especially against teams at the top end of the league – you don’t want transitions against you and you can be comfortable that that won’t happen with Granty. He is somebody who a lot of the time makes the right pass at the right time.

“You can see his natural ability but I think the biggest challenge that we are setting him is… I watched him during his first season from when I was a coach. There were a lot of nearly moments. He would spot a pass and try a through ball, and it would nearly make it. Or he nearly scored, or nearly put in a great ball. But it was all nearlys. I said, ‘You’re not influencing the game with these nearly moments.

“We either need you to keep the ball and keep the attack going or have good quality – like Livingston at home – where you pick the right moment and you execute it. And ultimately we get an assist or a goal from it.

“The other thing with Granty is you can see his confidence and his bravery with his penalties. He has stepped up at times when we have missed three in a row and the quality of his penalties are brilliant. I think that tells you a lot about his character.”

smartin1987

Anyone looking for tickets 1 adult and 2 kids tickets for tomorrow face value would need collected tonight. 

CaptainShanks

I'd bring Atkinson in this weekend. He is better defensively than Dexter which I feel we will need this weekend and Dexter had a shocker against Killie. 

As others have said it was worrying how deep and wide Shankland was dropping against Killie. Same thing happened last season for a spell and the start of this season. 

We can't play a back 4. I'd go with a back 3 with Kingsley on the right, Kent in the centre and Rowles on the left. Beni Tait and Grant in the middle Vargas right and Forrest, left with Shanks up top. Doubt Hoff will be ready for this one. If Beni is injured I'd bring in Devlin. 

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, CaptainShanks said:

I'd bring Atkinson in this weekend. He is better defensively than Dexter which I feel we will need this weekend and Dexter had a shocker against Killie. 

Agreed.

GinRummy
8 minutes ago, CaptainShanks said:

As others have said it was worrying how deep and wide Shankland was dropping against Killie. Same thing happened last season for a spell and the start of this season. 

We can't play a back 4. I'd go with a back 3 with Kingsley on the right, Kent in the centre and Rowles on the left. Beni Tait and Grant in the middle Vargas right and Forrest, left with Shanks up top. Doubt Hoff will be ready for this one. If Beni is injured I'd bring in Devlin. 

Makes sense but Vargas a bit wasted on the right. I’d like. To see him in front of shanks in a Gino role. 

Edited by GinRummy

pettigrewsstylist

Surely several playing for Semi final places.  Hoping for a performance showing that.

CaptainShanks
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Makes sense but Vargas a bit wasted on the right. I’d like. To see him in front of shanks in a Gino role. 

That is a shout. Pace through the middle terrifies defences and causes them to sit deeper which opens up space for other players. The boy can finish. Just needs to work on his composure. 

saxondale
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon 

Sibbick

Denholm   Tait

Vargas

That is one psychedelic lineup, right there.

Debut 4

Clark

Lembikisa.  Kent.  Rowles. Kingsley. 

Oda.  Devlin. Tait.  Cochrane. 

Vargas.  Shankland.  

zeke1874

Would love to see us get back to grinding out away victories. We've been a bit off it recently and that's coincided with shanks no getting goals..

Hopefully all to change the morn.  St mirren won't outpass us or outplay us but they can still beat us on their day. Kent back to his best and organising the defence and shanks or Vargas to make the difference at the other end.

2-0 Hearts.

Mon the Gorgie

tiger Rudi

Clark

Kent Kingsley Rowles

Atkinson, Devlin, Tait, Cochrane

Grant

Shankland Vargas

Swamp midfield. Won't be pretty but a single goal win will do me. Atkinson and Cochrane to be positive and try and effect things in their half! 

Atkinson for Dexter....... He's our player..... Why disrupt the team for a loanee who is hardly much better. 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Zander

Kent Rowles Kingsley

Dexter                Cochrane

Devlin Tait

Grant

Shankland Vargas

Would be my team. Get Dexter hitting the byline and tell Cochrane he needs to take more than just 2 strides with the ball. He's good enough to beat his man, needs to start doing it. Give Vargas a free role to move about and get wide to support Dexter and Cochrane. Would like to see Shankland kept central instead of drifting. 

Dex on the outside would be okay, just not at RB anymore please.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Spot on 

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Zero dig in there. Would be overrun in a heartbeat. I find some of your team selections baffling at times. Juxtaposed to some of your more level headed contributions.

I’d definitely want Hoff, Beni or Devlin in there. This team is gagging for a nasty CM.

2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Tait and Denholm are forward thinking,time for Toby to step up and prove he can play for Hearts.

Press them high they are going to test our right hand side and go long.

Nieuwenhof ain't 100% don't want to risk him.

Devlin is extremely low on confidence and needs managed properly.

Beni not 100% sure on him is he fit enough?

i8hibsh

****, no matter who we play in midfield tomorrow it is going to be stinking. No one comes close to Hoff and Beni.

Kinda hoping for the game to be postponed tbh.

Thomaso
3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

It will need to be Devlin then as Hoff and Beni are out.

Aussie Jambo

0-0 or 0-1. Be a tight game with not much going on, but like the last game. Dexter on as sub last 10 and scores last 5 minutes. 

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, saxondale said:

That is one psychedelic lineup, right there.

Loving the Drug related insults tbh 👍🤔 just hope anyone looking in,isn't offended, but just to make a point.

Just because you don't have belief in this team,outwith certain players and i clearly do,does not make you a better man.

4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Beni & Calem are meant to be struggling?

Devlin is low on confidence and needs managed properly.

Controversial because i dropped Clark & Shankland?

When I've explained, I would use Shankland later on in game.

Gordon for me is the better goalkeeper no disrespect to Clark.

Go for it 1308
15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Loving the Drug related insults tbh 👍🤔 just hope anyone looking in,isn't offended, but just to make a point.

Just because you don't have belief in this team,outwith certain players and i clearly do,does not make you a better man.

Beni & Calem are meant to be struggling?

Devlin is low on confidence and needs managed properly.

Controversial because i dropped Clark & Shankland?

When I've explained, I would use Shankland later on in game.

Gordon for me is the better goalkeeper no disrespect to Clark.

Agree with dropping Clarke...but dropping shanks? Ffs 😖

All roads lead to Gorgie

This could be one of our toughest games of the season so far but we need to take it by the scruff of the neck and prove we are going to claim third with plenty to spare. Any win will do and that puts us in a great place to enjoy the conclusion to the season.

ShedBoy
3 hours ago, CaptainShanks said:

No he’s not, Atkinson won a watch playing for Hearts. He’s fecken dreadful. Feel free to quote me tomorrow. Dexter starts tomorrow for me. Pace, power, aggression, and a goal now and then.

CaptainShanks
13 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

No he’s not, Atkinson won a watch playing for Hearts. He’s fecken dreadful. Feel free to quote me tomorrow. Dexter starts tomorrow for me. Pace, power, aggression, and a goal now and then.

The stats suggest Atkinson is way better defensively in terms of tackles, interceptions and pressures. Dexter makes it far too easy for players to run past him and doesn't engage attackers. The number of times in the Killie game in the first half where he didn't engage them until they were at the edge of our box was a joke. Granted Dexter is better in an attacking sense particularly in terms of crossing. 

Atkinson has had a good season. He was shocking at Ibrox and against Hibs at home for large spells but he has come on a lot this season. 

DG_HMFC

I don't think we're playing well enough to get a result today.

Hopefully the players are on it, but I can see us losing this one 2-0/2-1.

I look forward to them proving me wrong 😊

alicante jambo
5 hours ago, CaptainShanks said:

The stats suggest Atkinson is way better defensively in terms of tackles, interceptions and pressures. Dexter makes it far too easy for players to run past him and doesn't engage attackers. The number of times in the Killie game in the first half where he didn't engage them until they were at the edge of our box was a joke. Granted Dexter is better in an attacking sense particularly in terms of crossing. 

Atkinson has had a good season. He was shocking at Ibrox and against Hibs at home for large spells but he has come on a lot this season. 

Tbh the 2 of them giive me the fear. Throw in sibbick and its 3 of about 6 i would be letting go end of season. Naismith has got a few decisions to make regards keeping and letting players goand hopefully natty and dexter are 2 that go.

alicante jambo

This will be a very tough game. Against county and killie we struggled and i think it could be the same today. Hearing some players are injured so if we can even get a draw i would be delighted. 3rd is ours anywayi feel. If we could get another away win that would be brilliant.

copa-mundial

Hopefully no late cancellations today 

Edited by copa-mundial

McNelly15

We've got to pump someone absolutely rotten by the end of the season so let's make it today.

Could really do with 3/4 goals in the bag for confidence levels and a clean sheet to go with it !! 🤟🏽

Edited by McNelly15

12 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon 

Sibbick

Denholm   Tait

Vargas

That team would be beat after 30 mins