***Official Hearts vs Kilmarnock Match Day thread***

Chimp

Mikey1874

It's disappointing. Though shows where we are just now and hopefully Naismith and the others can see where we need to improve. 

Though it was a decent result for 3rd place. 

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• jock _turd

• feej

• pettigrewsstylist

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s about getting over the line. Wasn’t pretty but it’ll do. 

Is it ever pretty, is that the limit of our ambitions at home to Kilmarnock ffs. 

Harry Potter

Fiver for a hotdog with no onions, tomato sauce sachets ,need a 2 watt chain saw to open one:facepalm:,pie next time.   

Jamboross
Just now, JimmyCant said:

We definitely CAN afford Armstrong. Spending that big is just not something that would authorised upstairs 

We'd likely have to shell out over £1m for him this summer. That's totally ignoring the fact we'd probably have to compete with English clubs on wages. While, yes, that technically would be possible it's not really something we can afford to do when it's more or less the entire budget we have available for transfer fees (it's around about what we spent summer of 2022 if the various fees that were rumoured are accurate). Spunking that all on one player when we also need a RB, probably a CB and a ST makes absolutely zero sense when we've got two creative players signed already. 

Unless we can steadilly achieve European group stages (not likely given the battering the coefficient is taking) the days of us spending £1m on a single player are a long way off. 

rmreido

Wasn't the worst result tbh... but Kilmarnock certainly deserved their point. 

The gap between us and the rest hasn't changed, so that's a plus, on to the next one. HHGH 

Italian Lambretta

We need to get this game management pish to feck. We had it under Neilson I really didn’t expect it under Naismith.

Just go out and win the fecking game instead of worrying about what’s going on elsewhere.

Pasquale for King

These ***** love playing us at home, seems like we’ve beat them maybe once at Tynecastle in a decade 🤦🏽

hmfc1984
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Dinner fash yersel  laddie.  Must toe the Party line.  🥳 

Aye true. Can't make a comment on here without someone getting upset. 

It was just a tongue in cheek post but the irony is his post is the only over reaction 😂

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What part of that formation not working wasn’t obvious to the brains trust, once more crying out for a pacy forward to stretch the game but no lets play Grant then McKay as a 10 where theres no space. 

I thought we should have went 4-4-2 when Oda come on, instead the formation remained the same.

McKay is ineffective in the 10.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Fiver for a hotdog with no onions, tomato sauce sachets ,need a 2 watt chain saw to open one:facepalm:,pie next time.   

Your lucky if it was warm 🤮

Luckies1874
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Aye, I'm dying inside watching us attack. Decision making is genuinely woeful. Minimal composure by everyon other than Shanks, and then the rare event that Shanks has a bad game (like today) we're completely non-threatening. 

Shanks drifting wide creates space which is rarely filled, and then coupled with that, there isn't a competent enough player to A.) link up the play in that gap or B.) finish the chance that could be created. 

Forrest I'm so up and down on. His workrate I absolutely love, and respect because better players do half as much running as him but he's not a good attacker. He doesn't have the quality to unlock defences. He misses chances to link with teammates and holds onto the ball far too long. Badly want to see what the likes of Spittal or Dhanda can do. Hopefully we can see if Killie or Dundee are willing to talk about Armstrong or McCowan. 

I'm not sure we can afford to sell Shanks. I just really hope we can get a new deal agreed. 

Agree with everything you’ve written. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

I thought we should have went 4-4-2 when Oda come on, instead the formation remained the same.

McKay is ineffective in the 10.

Exactly, he can’t play in there against physical teams. 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is it ever pretty, is that the limit of our ambitions at home to Kilmarnock ffs. 

I think it’s a disappointing result. Earlier on in the season I’d be more annoyed by both the result and the performance but right now all I want is to finish third and that result helps us more than killie. 

Gundermann
41 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Kilmarnock deserve to win this match. They have been the better team. 

Don't disagree. They defend well, all back and throwing bodies on the line.

We played well in parts and atmosphere great in second half but lacked cutting edge again. 

GBJambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

These ***** love playing us at home, seems like we’ve beat them maybe once at Tynecastle in a decade 🤦🏽

Beat them last season 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Vargas should have been no10

Nonsense, he should be stretching teams to make space for Shankland slightly behind him. We play far better with those two right up front and the mnanager cant or wont see it. 
Hes becoming as stubborn as his predecessor. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I think it’s a disappointing result. Earlier on in the season I’d be more annoyed by both the result and the performance but right now all I want is to finish third and that result helps us more than killie. 

I was annoyed when we drew with them earlier on in the season too, result was better than the performance as they had the better chances and probably should’ve won. Another season without a win at Tynecastle against them. 

colinmaroon

No 10 pushing up on sShankland.  Absolutely possible a bit wider if not outright on wing.

If only Forrest had been playing. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Beat them last season 

Once in two or three attempts last season, none in two this season,so 1 win in who knows how many games? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

No 10 pushing up on sShankland.  Absolutely possible a bit wider if not outright on wing.

If only Forrest had been playing. 

Forrest is a sub at best. We need pace right up front, especially against four CHs like today. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot

1 home win in last 10 games v killie,  killie have won 6.

Decent game that, draw probably fair.

Need to watch as that's hibs with momentum again.

innerjambo

Our performances have tailed off a bit recently. We need to get that energy and confidence back for the run in.

We lost our way today, too many poor decisions on and off the ball.

We need another centre back like Kent, Findlay for them was decent and a goal threat. They had plenty of headed chances today.

Right back still needs to be resolved, neither Natty or Lembikisa are the answer,  midfield was lacking, hopefully Hoff returns soon.

Cochrane, Grant and Cammy are not for me.

Up front isn't great when Shanks isn't on his game.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Our performances have tailed off a bit recently. We need to get that energy and confidence back for the run in.

4 points from next two will be more than enough to see us all but confirmed.

JudyJudyJudy

Fair enough result for both teams . Shanks had a bad day at the office . Was impressed with Benny . Rest a bit meh . Just wasn’t our day . Their number 9 is some player 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, feej said:

Kent,

He was good the day too 

Missed the Hoff, Tait started well but faded badly, didn't really gel in the final third at all.

Dexter was dreadful and Cochrane not much better today 

Could have been worse, should have been better 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

He was good the day too 

Would be safe to say we would have lost today if wasn't playing.

Kingsley did well but he's a left back and that's where he should be playing. I think Naismith doesn't trust Sibbick or Rowles going by team selection today.

whodanny
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Eh ? Hibs whit ?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, feej said:

Would be safe to say we would have lost today if wasn't playing.

Kingsley did well but he's a left back and that's where he should be playing. I think Naismith doesn't trust Sibbick or Rowles going by team selection today.

Yep he was quite solid and consistent . 

Bazzas right boot

Our midfield will be overhauled in the summer and it will make such a difference. 

heartsfc_fan

Better point for us.

Let's move on. Only 7 games left.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Eh ? Hibs whit ?

Whoosh.

ShedBoy

We scored a goal.

Then we did feck all.

Its the Hearts way.

Could almost make a song out of it.

However, another game done, nobody gained on us.

Our game v Livi will all but seal 🇪🇺

Have a great night Jambos. 

alicante jambo
8 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Missed the Hoff, Tait started well but faded badly, didn't really gel in the final third at all.

Dexter had an absolute mare today. Feck knows how many times he just punted it up the park to a killie player or just gave it to a killie player. Get a right back signed would be my priority.

Maple Leaf

The only positive about today's game was that Killie needed to narrow the gap and they failed.

Our second half was very poor.  Every cross into our box is an adventure and I wonder why our defenders are so poor at jumping.  And we give the ball away far too easily.

Pistol1874
12 minutes ago, Bozi said:

He did fade, but perhaps if even one of the many excellent forward runs he made 1st half had been picked out, or someone had even attempted to find him rather than take the safe option, things might’ve been better.

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We need to get this game management pish to feck. We had it under Neilson I really didn’t expect it under Naismith.

Just go out and win the fecking game instead of worrying about what’s going on elsewhere.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

Kevin Malcuit? We're not signing a 33 year old RB on a massive salary. 

We definitely can't afford Armstrong and probably can't afford Polievka. 

Agree we need better options in those positions but don't think any of those are realistic. 

On today’s performance I pray we are looking to spend nowhere near 700k for Armstrong. He is good a greeting at refs though.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Kilmarnock have been our bogey team since 1965 

Harry Potter
31 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Draw was fair, clarks save at the end of the 1st half was on a different level.

Superb.

whodanny
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Whoosh.

Eh, no. Whooooosh 🤪

Go for it 1308
6 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Kilmarnock have been our bogey team since 1965 

Please don't mention that year😬

Doc Rob

We were good in the first half. Pressed them hard, looked to attack all the time, even after we scored. Killie did have a couple of good chances though.

Second half we were dire. Never got going. Killie goal was down to three or four players standing off and letting Killie have the ball (good finish though).

Draw a fair result. Disappointing after the early goal, but a draw was a far better result for us than for Killie. We are still 11 points clear and there’s one fewer game left. I’ll take that.

vladisacoward

So much wrong with that today it’s almost endless. In a lot of ways, it reflects our season. It’s frightening that our coaching staff (and no shortage of footballing geniuses on here) can’t, won’t or don’t see the problems.

However, we didn’t get beat, the 2 teams below us gained no ground and hubs lost again so all in all I’ve definitely had worse days.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It was extremely similar to a RN type performance today. We are tailing off again towards the end of the season. 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Forrest is a sub at best. We need pace right up front, especially against four CHs like today. 

It was an inference for a wide player to allow Vargas a free role and that for most of the game Forrest was missing-in-inaction.

colinmaroon
12 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

We were good in the first half. Pressed them hard, looked to attack all the time, even after we scored. Killie did have a couple of good chances though.

Second half we were dire. Never got going. Killie goal was down to three or four players standing off and letting Killie have the ball (good finish though).

Draw a fair result. Disappointing after the early goal, but a draw was a far better result for us than for Killie. We are still 11 points clear and there’s one fewer game left. I’ll take that.

Couldn't put it better.

2 hours ago, Buster HMFC said:

You mean wasn't even responding to you 

No, Buster, I didn’t.

Now, please don’t take this personally (I’m sure you won’t  :thumb:),

And please, remember that it is of course a rhetorical question, but you are really not the brightest, are you?