• Hearts007

• jock _turd

• feej

• pettigrewsstylist

Don Dan

Kent MoM 

we didn’t deserve a win but 3points would have been welcome 

Francis Albert

Makes a change I suppose. Quick start followed by a slow decline.

What exactly triggered the subs? It was pretty obvious what was very likely coming long before their goal.

Madjambo21

Thought we could have made subs a bit earlier but will take a point considering we didn't play all that great.

1 minute ago, McNelly15 said:

Far too many games this season that we've looked non interested, we've had a lot of luck and it looks like its run out. We should be pumping this pish. Need more goal scorers within the squad and definitely need another couple strikers come the summer. 

Same problem as under Neilson. 

Issue looks like the players at this point. Midfield utterly devoid of ideas and wide players that don't look up to scratch. If we had Kennedy and Armstrong feeding shanks it would be ridiculous. Forrest is all workrate no quality. 

Lambert Simnel

A draw is probably fair. We bossed most of the first half, and Killie did likewise in the second. Earlier subs could have prevented the goal, I think, as well as making more of the numerous chances we had to swing the ball into the box (and where Cochrane just hit the nearest defender instead), but I doubt anyone would think we deserved to win that on the day.

Gordons left glove

Would like to see us sign malcuit, Armstrong and polievka in the summer. All of them strengthen us.

Hopefully our 11 point lead will help us to 3rd as it's looking like we're trying to bottle it like last year. 

A win vs Livi will be massive 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Our decision making in the final 3rd is ****ing criminal. Shankland having to drift all over the shop because he's the only competent attacker we have. 

Why Cochrane is getting anywhere near set pieces with Grant on the field begs questions too. Makes me want to take a toilet duck eyebath. 

This is what we look like, consistently, when Shanks doesnt bail us out. 

Buster HMFC
Just now, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I know folk don't want to give Killie credit but they did a very good job of knowing what we wanted to do and working very hard to keep us from doing it.

They done sound. Absolutely great goal. Apart from the sheep winning the cup European group stages here we come

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

This is what we look like, consistently, when Shanks doesnt bail us out. 

Naismith deserves huge credit for the getting us clear in 3rd and it seems pretty clear he's recognised himself that our attack is mince. Dhanda and Spittal cannot arrive fast enough. 

ToadKiller Dog

Killie hoofball ,we were slightly off it ,need to create and convert more 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Don Dan said:

Kent MoM 

we didn’t deserve a win but 3points would have been welcome 

This

maroonedinbriz

Compare their corners to ours. They won eavry ball. We never got near a header.

bawheed
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Makes a change I suppose. Quick start followed by a slow decline.

What exactly triggered the subs? It was pretty obvious what was very likely coming long before their goal.

Looking like a 45 minute team can play well 

first half or second half but not the full 90 minutes.

Definitely needs addressing.

Annoyed that we didn't win but a draw doesn't hurt us. Need to be more ruthless up top.

McNelly15
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Same problem as under Neilson. 

Issue looks like the players at this point. Midfield utterly devoid of ideas and wide players that don't look up to scratch. If we had Kennedy and Armstrong feeding shanks it would be ridiculous. Forrest is all workrate no quality. 

Totally agree,  although with Neilson we were formidable at home! Forrest is a battery and can run all day but it's all huff and puff from him. 

Gordons left glove
Just now, maroonedinbriz said:

Compare their corners to ours. They won eavry ball. We never got near a header.

In fairness they have a lot of big heed the baw types. We don't have many over 6 feet tall 

The White Cockade

made subs too late 

we were struggling second half and needed to make changes 

Oda on far too late to make a difference and Atkinson for Lembikisa should have been made half time 

but at least a draw keeps the gap between the teams 

as most people say we are lacking in midfield and badly needs addressed before next season

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Pretty poor performance.

We need a right back that can defend.

Could have posted that last sentence any time in last 18mths tbf.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

AlimOzturk

Our corner taking remains the weakest part of our game. Equally, it is a Kilmarnock strongest part of their game. 

Got to hope one of the summer signings can deliver a set piece. 

Jamboross
3 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

Would like to see us sign malcuit, Armstrong and polievka in the summer. All of them strengthen us.

Kevin Malcuit? We're not signing a 33 year old RB on a massive salary. 

We definitely can't afford Armstrong and probably can't afford Polievka. 

Agree we need better options in those positions but don't think any of those are realistic. 

neilnunb

Disappointing but at least St Mirren didn't close the gap.

Need to pick up the form before the semi though.

Luckies1874

Point was the absolute most we deserved. Killie had by far the better chances and should have scored 2 or 3 at least. No damage done with the result and 3rd is pretty much sown up but our performances continue to be mediocre. It’s a huge stretch to believe this Hearts team will end the Rangers curse at Hampden given the chances we are giving up and our continued over reliance on Shankland in the final 3rd. Today why again saw why Armstrong would be a significant upgrade creatively as we flatter to deceive attacking wise constantly. Positive recruitment happening, just hope they are addressing our lack of a goal threat throughout the team! 

Gordons left glove
Just now, Jamboross said:

Agree we need better options in those positions but don't think any of those are realistic. 

Depends how big our "war chest" is I suppose 

jock _turd

I don't really like picking on players BUT Cochrane was brutal today. He just is so poor with the dead ball he stiffled a lot of our play today. 

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

We definitely CAN afford Armstrong. Spending that big is just not something that would be authorised upstairs 

Edited by JimmyCant

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Our corner taking remains the weakest part of our game. Equally, it is a Kilmarnock strongest part of their game. 

Got to hope one of the summer signings can deliver a set piece. 

Not sure we have anyone that wants to bust a gut to get on end of it either tbh 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, hmfc1984 said:

11 points clear with 21 to play for. Surely we can't **** this up?? 

We aren't going to..Chill

Luckies1874
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Our decision making in the final 3rd is ****ing criminal. Shankland having to drift all over the shop because he's the only competent attacker we have. 

Why Cochrane is getting anywhere near set pieces with Grant on the field begs questions too. Makes me want to take a toilet duck eyebath. 

Players aren’t good enough. That’s underlined by Forrest playing way way more football than could have been anticipated and Grant getting chance after chance. Doesn’t help that Tagawa is our only striker option and he’s never getting brought in to help us win when we are struggling. If Shanks is sold they have a monumental task in bringing in strikers as we are already lacking with him in the team week in week out! 

hmfc1984
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We aren't going to..Chill

Thanks, I've chilled out now ☺️

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

What could possibly go wrong.

PaddysBar
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

What could possibly go wrong.

Nothing. 3rd is not in danger and the sheep aren’t winning the cup so……..

Oh what a night……!

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Players aren’t good enough. That’s underlined by Forrest playing way way more football than could have been anticipated and Grant getting chance after chance. Doesn’t help that Tagawa is our only striker option and he’s never getting brought in to help us win when we are struggling. If Shanks is sold they have a monumental task in bringing in strikers as we are already lacking with him in the team week in week out! 

Aye, I'm dying inside watching us attack. Decision making is genuinely woeful. Minimal composure by everyon other than Shanks, and then the rare event that Shanks has a bad game (like today) we're completely non-threatening. 

Shanks drifting wide creates space which is rarely filled, and then coupled with that, there isn't a competent enough player to A.) link up the play in that gap or B.) finish the chance that could be created. 

Forrest I'm so up and down on. His workrate I absolutely love, and respect because better players do half as much running as him but he's not a good attacker. He doesn't have the quality to unlock defences. He misses chances to link with teammates and holds onto the ball far too long. Badly want to see what the likes of Spittal or Dhanda can do. Hopefully we can see if Killie or Dundee are willing to talk about Armstrong or McCowan. 

I'm not sure we can afford to sell Shanks. I just really hope we can get a new deal agreed. 

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Why? Nobody made any ground on us today. Talk about a ****ing overreaction. 

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Frustrating because a win today would have salted it away for good. But the damage done is minimal.

vegas-voss

Opinions I thought it was a pretty good game both teams attacking aye some stray passes from both teams but all in all a decent game by two good sides and job done as we ain't ****ed up so third if there was any doubt is now done and dusted imo.

hearts00

Positives

we didn’t lose. 

We actually scored a goal in the first half that is not a pen. 

Not much else really.  The reality is we don’t create enough chances and we dont score enough goals. 

Our form is very indifferent right now. 

Clerry Jambo
26 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Pretty poor performance.

We need a right back that can defend.

We need a complete new midfield that can control a game 

hmfc1984
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Jesus, I was genuinely only making a statement, we're 11 ahead and with 21 to play for it is very unlikely we will **** it up. I'll check with you next time before I post to make sure you're happy 😜

Edited by hmfc1984

colinmaroon
25 minutes ago, OTT said:

Pity his first touch was no better than 50%.  He had a poor game and that's a fact and at least he knew it

Pasquale for King

What part of that formation not working wasn’t obvious to the brains trust, once more crying out for a pacy forward to stretch the game but no lets play Grant then McKay as a 10 where theres no space. 

colinmaroon
Just now, hmfc1984 said:

Jesus, I was genuinely only making a statement. I don't actually think we will **** it up but I'll check with you next time before I post 😜

Dinner fash yersel  laddie.  Must toe the Party line.  🥳 

colinmaroon
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

What part of that formation not working wasn’t obvious to the brains trust, once more crying out for a pacy forward to stretch the game but no lets play Grant then McKay as a 10 where theres no space. 

Vargas should have been no10