***Official Hearts vs Kilmarnock Match Day thread***

Chimp

Huge game on Saturday with a chance to put us 14 points ahead of Killie. After a disappointing defeat at Ross County in our last game we'll need to up our game for this one. Killie will be right up for it and full of confidence after their 5-2 thumping of St Mirren so we'll need to be at our best to come away with a win. 

2-1 Hearts.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• jock _turd

• feej

• pettigrewsstylist

HopeDiouf

Hoping we have Kent and Hoff back for this one and get back to winning ways.

8 minutes ago, Negan said:

Does anyone know if Hoff is back?

Naismith plans to have them back in training during the break with a view to returning to action against Kilmarnock at Tynecastle Park at the end of the month.

"We expect Frankie and Calem back during the international break, which then puts them into the first game back," he said. "The expectation is we will have them back for then."

davemclaren

Given Vargas played early morning and the time differences for his flight is he likely to play? 🥸

jamboozy

After last season, we don’t want to be taking our foot off the gas. It’s too easy to think we have third all sewn up.
    I will relax a bit more when we have put Killie to the sword.😅

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given Vargas played early morning and the time differences for his flight is he likely to play? 🥸

Hard to tell. Quite possible he'll be on the bench rather than starting. Oda in his place if that were the case I'd imagine.

Wee Mikey
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine that he'll be raring to go.

Fu' o' beans, that lad.

Perhaps a 2nd half sub?

Wee Mikey
18 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

After last season, we don’t want to be taking our foot off the gas. It’s too easy to think we have third all sewn up.

Shankland needs a foil (swordsman pun intended) ...

... forget Tagawa ... or Oda ...

... by all means bring on Varga when the going gets tough ...

... but, for putting the likes of Killie to the sword, then we should've signed Brienne of Tarth ...

Screenshot_20240327_130935_Google.jpg

RustyRightPeg
28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He managed after the last international break. Think he'll be okay.

soonbe110
34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Same with Rowles and Atkinson - they played in Canberra yesterday. 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Here's hoping then. 

I want to see a signal of intent . Kilmarnock are a good side and the perfect opponent to put down a marker against . We are the home team and we have the better players in most parts of the field . After the loss against County we need to bounce back . There must be no repeat of last season , and we also need to get some momentum up ahead of the semi

wavydavy
50 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Exactly, just look at last season. If Killie beat us then the gap is down to 8 points and then we have a tough away game to St Mirren followed by Livi at home before the split.

It is all in our hands and if we match Killie's results then they can't catch us.

wavydavy
32 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

At their ages they should be able to cope just fine.

TexasAndy

Big game this and playing devils advocate I think it's a must win for Killie if they harbour ambitions of catching us.  In reality they will come and play the McInnes way to defend and hit on the break.  We are used to this and just need to be patient and take our chances when they present.  2-1 Hearts.

jamboozy
50 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Shankland needs a foil (swordsman pun intended) ...

... forget Tagawa ... or Oda ...

... by all means bring on Varga when the going gets tough ...

... but, for putting the likes of Killie to the sword, then we should've signed Brienne of Tarth ...

Screenshot_20240327_130935_Google.jpg

Good choice Mikey😂

jamboozy
19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly, just look at last season. If Killie beat us then the gap is down to 8 points and then we have a tough away game to St Mirren followed by Livi at home before the split.

It is all in our hands and if we match Killie's results then they can't catch us.

Your last sentence says it all Davy.👍

Don't fancy us at all to be honest. Killie at Rugby Park, on that pitch, in the driving wind and rain with 3 or 4 players travelling a distance with the internationals. A couple still carrying knocks or been out for a few weeks. 

Can't say I'm confident. 

I think we could lose this one. Very tough game and Killie have a gigantic defence so we need to be clever and get behind them because they'll eat up a high percentage of aerial balls from set plays and crosses. If we allow it to become a battle we'll get bullied because they're a physical team. 

I'd take a draw right now tbh. 

We just need to get over the line with 3rd and save ourselves for the Rangers game at Hampden. I'd rather keep some of the lads fresh and no risk anyone for this game. 

Edited by Cruyff

davemclaren
Just now, Cruyff said:

Don't fancy us at all to be honest. Killie at Rugby Park, on that pitch, in the driving wind and rain with 3 or 4 players travelling a distance with the internationals. A couple still carrying knocks or been out for a few weeks. 

Can't say I'm confident. 

I think we couldn't lose this one. Very tough game and Killie have a gigantic defence so we need to be clever and get behind them because they'll eat up a high percentage of aerial balls from set plays and crosses. If we allow it to become a battle we'll get bullied because they're a physical team. 

I'd take a draw right now tbh. 

We just need to get over the line with 3rd and save ourselves for the Rangers game at Hampden. I'd rather keep some of the lads fresh and no risk anyone for this game. 

It's at Tynecastle. 🥸

John Findlay

Let's have no ifs, buts, maybes.

Let's just go out and beat them.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It's at Tynecastle. 🥸

:lol: Thanks Dave mate. :vrface: Oh well, not as bad as first feared probably still take a draw though. 👍

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

:lol: Thanks Dave mate. :vrface: Oh well, not as bad as first feared probably still take a draw though. 👍

I'm not advocating playing for a draw but it suits us a lot more than them. 

wavydavy
11 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Your last sentence says it all Davy.👍

👍

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I'm not advocating playing for a draw but it suits us a lot more than them. 

If Killie come at us we'll have them but if they come for a draw, they'll probably get one. I think we've always struggled to break them down. McInnes knows he's no catching us, they just need to get 4th. Hopefully it's an open game. 

Wee Mikey
14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Let's have no ifs, buts, maybes.

Let's just go out and beat them.

We will, John ... we will.

I'm almost relaxed about it.

⛱️

🍸

😎

... until the last 10 mins when we're defending a 1 goal lead and they're shelling  it route #1 and playing for fouls and falling over at every opportunity ... aided and abetted by the officials.

Cynical? Moi? You better believe it.

😄

Jim Panzee

would be nice for a change for us to get an early goal - encourage them (or any opposition for that matter) - to open up a bit and make for amore entertaining game.

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

We will, John ... we will.

I'm almost relaxed about it.

⛱️

🍸

😎

... until the last 10 mins when we're defending a 1 goal lead and they're shelling  it route #1 and playing for fouls and falling over at every opportunity ... aided and abetted by the officials.

Cynical? Moi? You better believe it.

😄

Ya cynical auld goat ye😄

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Naismith plans to have them back in training during the break with a view to returning to action against Kilmarnock at Tynecastle Park at the end of the month.

"We expect Frankie and Calem back during the international break, which then puts them into the first game back," he said. "The expectation is we will have them back for then."

GREAT! Cheers

martoon

Looks like a very difficult game. Any victory would be marvellous; even a draw would be no disaster.

2-2, I think.

Hibs cheated to a standstill and pumped would be nice.

Wee Mikey
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ya cynical auld goat ye😄

I'll take that as a compliment. 😄

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I'll take that as a compliment. 😄

😄

Wee Mikey
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Looks like a very difficult game. Any victory would be marvellous; even a draw would be no disaster.

2-2, I think.

Hibs cheated to a standstill and pumped would be nice.

Check out the fixtures.

I'm only really concerned about us beating Killie ...

... but ...

. . It could very well be another weekend when all other results go in our favour ...

... and give our 'rivals' nightmares.

Screenshot_20240327_151213_Chrome.jpg

Gillsland jack
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Big game this and playing devils advocate I think it's a must win for Killie if they harbour ambitions of catching us.  In reality they will come and play the McInnes way to defend and hit on the break.  We are used to this and just need to be patient and take our chances when they present.  2-1 Hearts.

Yup, so we the fans need to be patient and not start moaning too soon, I'll take a 1-0 winner in the 89th minute thanks very much.

Wee Mikey
16 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Yup, so we the fans need to be patient and not start moaning too soon, I'll take a 1-0 winner in the 89th minute thanks very much.

Shanks 90 mins + 4 ...

... by which time the St John's volunteers will be attending to numerous emergencies.

Or, maybe, just maybe ... for once ... we stroll it.

4-0 by ½ time and Craig Gordon brought on to score a penalty.

I wouldn’t change our league position but being so far ahead is not conducive to being 100% focused and hungry for 3 points. We lost focus last season when we were in a similar (though worse(!)) situation and entered a slump that we struggled to exit. It almost makes me hanker for a closer race. Almost but not really. 

Butterbean1874

My worry against Killie is Toby & Rowles if Kents not back,as they 2 always struggle against physical strikers & they got Watkins & Vassel who'll be up for a fight

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

If Killie come at us we'll have them but if they come for a draw, they'll probably get one. I think we've always struggled to break them down. McInnes knows he's no catching us, they just need to get 4th. Hopefully it's an open game. 

i certainly wouldn’t want the gap to go to 8 points that’s for sure.

GinRummy

Looking forward to this. We were under strength at Dingwall and it showed. Hoping the break gave us a chance to get a few folk fit, especially Kent. Be great if Barrie is back, the sort of game he does well in.

2-1 

HoGwash

Win this one and 3rd place is wrapped up with a nice wee bow on top. Lose it and things might just start to get a little twitchy with another tricky game next week and the natural pessimism/fatalism that many fans have.

Bongo 1874

Second balls are key in this one,win it then get it wide early.

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Shanks 90 mins + 4 ...

... by which time the St John's volunteers will be attending to numerous emergencies.

Or, maybe, just maybe ... for once ... we stroll it.

4-0 by ½ time and Craig Gordon brought on to score a penalty.

It would have to be some emergency to bring up English ambulance volunteers

Bongo 1874

Hope the players get a great backing.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Wee Mikey
20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It would have to be some emergency to bring up English ambulance volunteers

Oops! They could always bring some decent referees with them, though. 😄

Mikey1874
4 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

Hoping we have Kent and Hoff back for this one and get back to winning ways.

Both back training and available to play on Saturday Naismith has told EEN.

McNelly15

Kent, Hoff, McKay and Fraser all in contention for the matchday squad.  Happy days

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

Kent, Hoff, McKay and Fraser all in contention for the matchday squad.  Happy days

Good to hear. 

GinRummy
35 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

Fantastic. Feel a lot more confident about Saturday.