***Official Hearts vs Kilmarnock Match Day thread***

Chimp

thegreatsd

We played well the first half and should have had the game won by half time. Let them back into second half. Great seeing Tait getting his first start and he did well. Disappointed to not get the win but it’s not the worst result and when we get our next win I reckon that will be third pretty well cemented👍🇱🇻

Anyone else notice that Lindsay from Kilmarnock and his celebration in front our fans? Made a very strange gesture with his eyes? 

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• jock _turd

• feej

• pettigrewsstylist

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I wouldn’t go as far as ‘poor’ but nothing happened for him. Surrounded everytime he got the ball in a dangerous position. Normally he can still do something with that but he lost out a lot yesterday. I agree if we had an alternative we might have taken him off but none of our forward players contributed very much. Forrest , Vargas, hardly anything. Oda and McKay nothing at all.

His pass for Vargas' goal was perfection. I thought that he didn't have a good game until I saw the highlights and changed my mind, but sometimes we expect so much of Shankland that when he's only doing the relatively ordinary stuff we think he's having a bad game. I did think he looked tired though, which is understandable given that he's been with the international squad for most of the last couple of weeks.

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

His pass for Vargas' goal was perfection. I thought that he didn't have a good game until I saw the highlights and changed my mind, but sometimes we expect so much of Shankland that when he's only doing the relatively ordinary stuff we think he's having a bad game. I did think he looked tired though, which is understandable given that he's been with the international squad for most of the last couple of weeks.

Im in the roseburn to the right of the goal, great  view of the cross, which was perfect.

Ex member of the SaS

TBF I thought we played well first half especially compared to normal after a break. Fell away slightly and didn't take advantage of the lead. Also felt Shanks was trying too hard to score, to keep his chances of starting in Germany. Play his normal game and he will score just tried too hard when it was a difficult shot. Dexter sold the jersey and thought Kent could have covered butter but it was a great goal for them. Over all a draw suited us and not them so all good. The HAD to win to have any chance of catching us.

thegreatsd
13 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I thought he had a good game with only a couple of errors. I noticed this, which I think is significant; at least half a dozen times he picked up or won loose balls in midfield, passed it to a teammate, and immediately ran into an attacking position to take a quick return pass into feet. Very frustratingly, he wasn't given the ball which usually went backward or sideways. I think that as well as his skill he's got a brain that might be a bit too quick for some of his teammates. 

I would be interested to know if anyone else noticed the same thing.

Yeah I thought similar as well. It’s going to be very interesting seeing Tait in the same side as Barrie McKay as I reckon they could be on a similar wavelength. McKay will pick out some of his runs and he can play those forward passes for runners better than most. 

PapaShango
5 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Yeah I thought similar as well. It’s going to be very interesting seeing Tait in the same side as Barrie McKay as I reckon they could be on a similar wavelength. McKay will pick out some of his runs and he can play those forward passes for runners better than most. 

Tait made at least 2 great runs first half that weren't difficult passes to pick him out. Both times Cochrane and then Kingsley I think passed the other way or back. Tait was raging he had broke the lines and was in acres of space. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Tait made at least 2 great runs first half that weren't difficult passes to pick him out. Both times Cochrane and then Kingsley I think passed the other way or back. Tait was raging he had broke the lines and was in acres of space. 

Agreed, very obvious as well.

Tbh, our midfield is pretty poor.

The assists and goals from midfield and wide positions is not good.

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Abundantly clear the laddie has an excellent football brain. He's going to become a lovely footballer over time. 

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

100%. Tait had a cracking 1st half - his vision is brilliant and that’s why he’s a huge potential. Was wondering if Dhanda is the type of player to release forward passes. 

Debut 4
15 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

100%. Tait had a cracking 1st half - his vision is brilliant and that’s why he’s a huge potential. Was wondering if Dhanda is the type of player to release forward passes. 

He pops the ball off without hesitation because he’s got good awareness and courage to play quicker.  Too often our midfielders

(and other players too) want to take an extra touch because they aren’t positive enough in their minds , too cagey, pretty  much lacking the courage incase they make a mistake.  As pointed out by others in instances defenders wouldn’t nip a ball into him and played a safer pass. 

It all makes a difference to the momentum of a move.  Of course, there are times you need to slow the game down but that’s just judgement.  

Debut 4
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF I thought we played well first half especially compared to normal after a break. Fell away slightly and didn't take advantage of the lead. Also felt Shanks was trying too hard to score, to keep his chances of starting in Germany. Play his normal game and he will score just tried too hard when it was a difficult shot. Dexter sold the jersey and thought Kent could have covered butter but it was a great goal for them. Over all a draw suited us and not them so all good. The HAD to win to have any chance of catching us.

It’s fine margarines in football, mind you.  

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

We played well the first half and should have had the game won by half time. Let them back into second half. Great seeing Tait getting his first start and he did well. Disappointed to not get the win but it’s not the worst result and when we get our next win I reckon that will be third pretty well cemented👍🇱🇻

Anyone else notice that Lindsay from Kilmarnock and his celebration in front our fans? Made a very strange gesture with his eyes? 

It’s funny how different people see the same game differently!  While yes I thought we edged the first half I thought we were lucky to be ahead at half time.  Other than our goal we dominated play had some half chances but Killie missed very good chances.  Vassell missed an absolute sitter on half time (great save by Zander though) and Lindsay I think had a header inches past the post.   They had other headed chances too in both halves and it was quite remarkable we got through 90 minutes without conceding from a header.  

I came away from the game thinking a draw was a fair result but having seen the highlights again I think we were pretty fortunate to get a point, certainly on chances crested.  A point was all we needed though. 

leipzig76
56 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I like the way Shankland spreads him self all over the pitch.

gordiegords

I think a draw was right but would’ve had no complaints if we lost, if it wasn’t for Kent they would’ve scored with one of the many crosses, our creativity at times is non existent, we are also really bad from corners and free kicks, if i never see Cochran take another free kick I’ll be happy, cannot wait for Dhanda and spitttal to hopefully finally sort out our midfield issues.

HHGH

bobskeldon
16 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

You’re joking. Every time he touched the ball something dangerous happened from it. He was outstanding and £700k would be a steal 

Absolutely. He is everything we don’t have.

Firefox
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

He did make some great runs and seems to be able to read a game well. Laddie will eventually become a top player for us and for my money the best of a crop of promising youngsters coming through from the academy. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Saw this too, That is the problem with this management team and their insistence on possession football. Too many are afraid to make a pass. Not enough players getting forward when in possession and not enough getting into the box. We can't expect Shanks to do it all. We once took a throw in forward so maybe we are slowly getting there.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Saw this too, That is the problem with this management team and their insistence on possession football. Too many are afraid to make a pass. Not enough players getting forward when in possession and not enough getting into the box. We can't expect Shanks to do it all. We once took a throw in forward so maybe we are slowly getting there.

Most top  clubs play possession based football, that's not the reason. 

The reason is our midfielders just aren't creative or mentally quick/ sharp enough.

They don't assist much, drive forward often or score much.

We are already addressing this via transfers.

To suggest our mgt team don't want our midfielders to play penetrative passes and create is just stupid. The players just aren't very good at it.

There is no way any mgt team doesn't want creative midfielders who make passes, they are just difficult to acquire.

You also need possession to make these passes, so a possession based game is useful.

Ex member of the SaS
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Most top  clubs play possession based football, that's not the reason. 

The reason is our midfielders just aren't creative or mentally quick/ sharp enough.

They don't assist much, drive forward often or score much.

We are already addressing this via transfers.

To suggest our mgt team don't want our midfielders to play penetrative passes and create is just stupid. The players just aren't very good at it.

There is no way any mgt team doesn't want creative midfielders who make passes, they are just difficult to acquire.

You also need possession to make these passes, so a possession based game is useful.

Bollox. SN says he wants attacking football but what do we get? Those taking training are either not on the same wave length as SN or they are ignoring his wishes. It doesn't take world beating mids to see a forward pass.

billybalfour

We really need to give SN a chance to get his own players in.He is doing very well with the ones he inherited .If he is still here it will likely be 25/26 or 2nd half of next season before it will become crystal clear what he is trying to do.I am pretty confident he will give us more front foot football but he needs the players who can do it.The pre contract signings seem to be addressing that already.

jock _turd
4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Yes but we just churned out the same old stuff but you fine the cream does eventually come to the top. They Lurpacked their defense and Kent Anchored ours.

Edited by jock _turd

Cranston

Cannot believe that we didn't go on to win that match after going 1-0 up. The defending that led to their goal was shambolic. Also, what has happened to Shankland the last couple of games? Against Ross County he was played out of position, instead of being our centre forward, he was played as an old fashioned outside right, which he never looked like scoring. Its brutal what Naismith is doing just now. 

Luckies1874

Edit: wrong thread! 

Edited by Luckies1874

Gorgierools
3 hours ago, Firefox said:

He did make some great runs and seems to be able to read a game well. Laddie will eventually become a top player for us and for my money the best of a crop of promising youngsters coming through from the academy. 

Tait and Dhanda will take us to another level next season. Get Strain and Armstrong in as well,we're ripping the uglies a new one 

Pans Jambo
8 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

image.jpeg.cffec911e871849fc1d91427b2b18a7e.jpeg

colinmaroon
27 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Cannot believe that we didn't go on to win that match after going 1-0 up. The defending that led to their goal was shambolic. Also, what has happened to Shankland the last couple of games? Against Ross County he was played out of position, instead of being our centre forward, he was played as an old fashioned outside right, which he never looked like scoring. Its brutal what Naismith is doing just now. 

Very static in the box.  Late on Atkinson crossed a beauty from the right, screaming for someone to get on the end of it.  Shankland was behind the last defender standing absolutely flat footed. He should surely have beeb trying to get in front but just allowed the defender clear without even any pressure. 

GinRummy
27 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Not picking on you but any team in the league could describe half (or more of) the goals they lose as shambolic. Where was killies making at the back post yesterday, who was dealing with the Hibs forward for their goal against the Huns.?

The bottom line for me is you need to score two goals before you can think about winning games in our league. 11 out of 12 teams scored in the top flight this weekend. 

Thomaso
8 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Shanks worked his socks off yesterday

Thomaso
1 hour ago, Cranston said:

Naismith?? 🙄

Having given support/benefit of the doubt/fingers crossed- Atkinson is nowhere near good enough. Rubbish defender, passes side ways and crosses are so erratic. Sorry but move on 

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Shanks worked his socks off yesterday

Shame he didn't have his boots on. He just didn't look up for it but then he's surely entitled to one off day

Cranston
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Naismith?? 🙄

Its obvious Naismith has Shanks playing differently in the last couple of weeks than before then. His off centre play against RC was very evident. His positioning meant he was very unlikely to score. Naismith is on a shoogly peg for me. Beaten against a very poor RC side, playing Shanks out of position, surrendering a 1-0 lead against Kilmarnock at home is ridiculous. He's the reason Shanks has been below par recently.

davemclaren

Its obvious Naismith has Shanks playing differently in the last couple of weeks than before then. His off centre play against RC was very evident. His positioning meant he was very unlikely to score. Naismith is on a shoogly peg for me. Beaten against a very poor RC side, playing Shanks out of position, surrendering a 1-0 lead against Kilmarnock at home is ridiculous. He's the reason Shanks has been below par recently.

🥸😄

frankblack
11 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed, very obvious as well.

Tbh, our midfield is pretty poor.

The assists and goals from midfield and wide positions is not good.

We have badly missed Nieunhof.  Our midfield has been static and slow. Any idea when he is due back?

Cranston
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🥸😄

Glad you find being beaten against a dreadful Ross County side, and surrendering a 1-0 lead at home to a Derek McInnes side funny, with Shanks being given an off central role culminating in our poor results, but hey crack on and laugh at that.

Edited by Cranston

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We have badly missed Nieunhof.  Our midfield has been static and slow. Any idea when he is due back?

He adds to it and is improving but he's still not the creative type 

Bazzas right boot

"Naismith is on a shoogly peg"

stock-vector-handwritten-doodle-seamless-vector-pattern-with-text-ha-ha-ha-funny-calligraphic-texture-for-662077561.jpg

Cranston
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

stock-vector-handwritten-doodle-seamless-vector-pattern-with-text-ha-ha-ha-funny-calligraphic-texture-for-662077561.jpg

Its been over 40 years since I was at primary school. Dearie me.

Chuck Berry
11 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

:greggy:

Chuck Berry

Naismith is on a shoogly peg for me.

:cornette_dog:

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Its been over 40 years since I was at primary school. Dearie me.

Dearie me.

Hearts1975
3 hours ago, Cranston said:

Aye shoogly peg indeed.

Care to go back a bit and mention what happened in all the games previous to the ones that you mentioned in your post ?

In fact, don't bother ... Won't suit your narrative 

Naismith had us on our best run in over a decade - yes, a decade 

A shoogly peg is when you are at the very end and hanging on for dear life 

We are 11 points clear of 4th place sitting in 3rd 

So I'll tell you ..... 

It's either that you know nothing about football 

Or your at it 

Either way, your talking shite

Hence the reactions that you are getting 👌

TexasAndy

It's interesting to hear comments that we were perhaps lucky to come out of that game with a draw.  Yeah I suppose if you look at Killie's 3-4 chances in isolation it looks that way.  Sitting at the game on Saturday I felt like we were in control for much of it and playing a lot of the game in the Killie half.  What we lacked was a bit of sharpness in the final 3rd.  When we wasted opportunities they were very good at springing on the break.  They probably do it as well as anyone in the league.   While being reasonably satisfied with a point (in the grand scheme of things) I was disappointed we couldn't get a winner.  So no I didn't come out the game thinking we were lucky at all.  

chrystaf
18 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Bollox. SN says he wants attacking football but what do we get? Those taking training are either not on the same wave length as SN or they are ignoring his wishes. It doesn't take world beating mids to see a forward pass.

The problem is that we're far too slow out of defense when Clark has the ball. He never seems to know what to do with it and by the time he throws it to one of the two back men they are covered and pressurised into a quick punt up the field or back to Clark.

This never gives the midfielders the opportunity to create forward passes, or advance with the ball as the opposition is on us and blocking us.

We are just two slow. Same with these possession triangles, mostly getting us nowhere.

King prawn
39 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

The problem is that we're far too slow out of defense when Clark has the ball. He never seems to know what to do with it and by the time he throws it to one of the two back men they are covered and pressurised into a quick punt up the field or back to Clark.

This never gives the midfielders the opportunity to create forward passes, or advance with the ball as the opposition is on us and blocking us.

We are just two slow. Same with these possession triangles, mostly getting us nowhere.

Clark too often comes sprinting to the edge of the box ready to throw the ball out, hesitates, looks both ways and then holds onto it before kicking it up the park for Vargas or Forrest to try and win a header. 

Admittedly I have to watch the games on Hearts TV and it’s difficult to see but are there really never any options on for him? 

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

It's interesting to hear comments that we were perhaps lucky to come out of that game with a draw.  Yeah I suppose if you look at Killie's 3-4 chances in isolation it looks that way.  Sitting at the game on Saturday I felt like we were in control for much of it and playing a lot of the game in the Killie half.  What we lacked was a bit of sharpness in the final 3rd.  When we wasted opportunities they were very good at springing on the break.  They probably do it as well as anyone in the league.   While being reasonably satisfied with a point (in the grand scheme of things) I was disappointed we couldn't get a winner.  So no I didn't come out the game thinking we were lucky at all.  

Yup, leaving the ground me and my mate agreed a draw was a fair result. We did not do enough to win IMO.

Edited by micole

Thomaso
17 hours ago, ibpc said:

Shame he didn't have his boots on. He just didn't look up for it but then he's surely entitled to one off day

It didn’t look up for it? Nonsense!

Thomaso
14 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Aye shoogly peg indeed.

Care to go back a bit and mention what happened in all the games previous to the ones that you mentioned in your post ?

In fact, don't bother ... Won't suit your narrative 

Naismith had us on our best run in over a decade - yes, a decade 

A shoogly peg is when you are at the very end and hanging on for dear life 

We are 11 points clear of 4th place sitting in 3rd 

So I'll tell you ..... 

It's either that you know nothing about football 

Or your at it 

Either way, your talking shite

Hence the reactions that you are getting 👌

Well said! 👏

Jim_Duncan
18 hours ago, Cranston said:

Glad you find being beaten against a dreadful Ross County side, and surrendering a 1-0 lead at home to a Derek McInnes side funny, with Shanks being given an off central role culminating in our poor results, but hey crack on and laugh at that.

Naismith is in cahoots with Phil Anderton, working his socks off to kill the club every day. 

Gordons left glove
19 hours ago, Cranston said:

Just as well it's April fools eh