• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• davemclaren

• A_A wehatethehibs

PortyBeach
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It will be to do with the company who organise the friendlies (would imagine its the same one who arranged Man U v Lyon last year and Liverpool v Napoli a few years back) wanting the stadium with the largest capacity to make most money.

Its better that this time they have 1 Scottish team involved, but is annoying that its one of the Old firm playing in Edinburgh.

It’s usually all about the “caley dosh”…

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Oh dear two sets of scummy fans coming to our city. A good day to be elsewhere. 

Exactly, to be greeted by our backward neighbours from the docks. 

Gershwin

Can we arrange a game with Liverpool for the same time please?

Gundermann

What a horrible concept. A day to leave the city.

:sick:

colinmorewasgash

Really grinds my gears those pair using edinburgh for games and I know its man utd link with sru this time, but I hate seeing them in around area, playing games at murrayfield next to our spiritual home, when it suits them, yet won't have semis or finals at murrayfield so they get their advantage. Also going through edinburgh airport and seeing rangers kits or celtic memorabillia also pisses me off. No wonder everyone down south thinks there is only 2 teams when the capital city airport has nothing about the local teams but stuff for that pair of bigots.

No Idle Talk

Get this muck oot of Edinburgh. Couldnae pay me to go and watch that. 

Will be Man Uniteds kids which makes the pricing more ridiculous, the majority of the team who are going to the Euros and Copa America won't be there they will be given additional time off before the club depart for their US Tour at the end of July 

Edited by rory78

Smithian
On 20/03/2024 at 09:06, neilnunb said:

Can they not bugger off to America like what Celtic and Man City are doing? 🙂

I constantly hassle my friends on the western side of the Atlantic to come support our local tinpot MLS club and a few do maybe once a season. 

I had a group chat the other day go nuts in a staff meeting. Checked after and, for a split second, my heart soared seeing lots of texts about Audi Field and "I'm in!"

Then I saw a Celtic friendly

I damn near threw my ****ing phone through the window

Chuck Berry
6 minutes ago, Smithian said:

I constantly hassle my friends on the western side of the Atlantic to come support our local tinpot MLS club and a few do maybe once a season. 

I had a group chat the other day go nuts in a staff meeting. Checked after and, for a split second, my heart soared seeing lots of texts about Audi Field and "I'm in!"

Then I saw a Celtic friendly

I damn near threw my ****ing phone through the window

Sadly the days of Hearts going across the pond on tours is probably long gone.  Even a proper tour in Europe seems beyond us. Still, group stage football will make up for it.

Smithian
4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Sadly the days of Hearts going across the pond on tours is probably long gone.  Even a proper tour in Europe seems beyond us. Still, group stage football will make up for it.

Competitive matches in fun cities with teams playing with purpose isn't bad!

Jim_Duncan
17 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Really grinds my gears those pair using edinburgh for games and I know its man utd link with sru this time, but I hate seeing them in around area, playing games at murrayfield next to our spiritual home, when it suits them, yet won't have semis or finals at murrayfield so they get their advantage. Also going through edinburgh airport and seeing rangers kits or celtic memorabillia also pisses me off. No wonder everyone down south thinks there is only 2 teams when the capital city airport has nothing about the local teams but stuff for that pair of bigots.

We should organise an Edinburgh Derby friendly at Tynie the same day.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

70 poonds , credit crunch ?.

It's nuts isn't it? I mean who pays £70 to watch a pre-season friendly in the midst of a cost of living crisis? In fact who pays £70 for a pre-season friendly at any time? It makes no sense.

Ex member of the SaS
On 20/03/2024 at 12:47, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I wonder if Man U are thinking about playing a season at Murrayfield while old Trafford gets flattened and rebuilt ? 

Bonnyrigg Rose's ground would be cheaper to rent.

Ex member of the SaS
20 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Why can't we and the hobbits share a shop at the airport? Brick through the windae of the Sevco shop every week and monopolise the sales.

The sums just wouldn't add up for a shop at the airport in terms of rent and rates. What would be realistic though is for HMFC to agree a concession/franchise deal with an existing retailer, because it's ridiculous that you can't purchase a Hearts strip at the Edinburgh Airport.

Thunder and Lightning
On 20/03/2024 at 21:09, Gershwin said:

Can we arrange a game with Liverpool for the same time please?

Why on earth would you want the bin dippers anywhere near Tynecastle? 

3 hours ago, stirlo said:

The sums just wouldn't add up for a shop at the airport in terms of rent and rates. What would be realistic though is for HMFC to agree a concession/franchise deal with an existing retailer, because it's ridiculous that you can't purchase a Hearts strip at the Edinburgh Airport.

Anyone that actually wanted a Hearts top would get one. I doubt very much there would be many impulse sales at the airport. 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 20/03/2024 at 13:42, Placid Casual said:

What company is it who arrange these friendlies? Parasites so they are.

It's up to people of course whether to attend, but it's a shite spectacle, a training match with zero atmosphere.

That's fair, they split the squad into 2 haves as I recall- half came up here and the other half played Arsenal in London.  Very disjointed game - few players looked like they had ever played with any of the others. 

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Anyone that actually wanted a Hearts top would get one. I doubt very much there would be many impulse sales at the airport. 

Especially if those aggresive, clenched-fist mannequins were on display. Pure ragin' they are.

"Who're you lookin' at, eh? Get yer Heartz gear here, ya bas!"

Screenshot_20240321_225256_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240321_232255_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240321_232259_Gallery.jpg

PortyBeach
On 20/03/2024 at 13:07, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Turkey teef buzzing to be in rangers gear again...

One of neilsons imposters.

Screenshot_20240320_130656_Facebook.jpg

Indeed. 

heartandsoul
On 21/03/2024 at 00:57, No Idle Talk said:

Get this muck oot of Edinburgh. Couldnae pay me to go and watch that. 

This

All roads lead to Gorgie

No place in the Scottish Capital for this at all. If the SRU are willing to take the dosh for this then I hope it's the wooden spoon for the national rugby team for the foreseeable!

It's simply two teams with no soul trying to recruit gullible fans from an area they have no right to be anywhere near. 

Nookie Bear
On 21/03/2024 at 21:58, Thunder and Lightning said:

Why on earth would you want the bin dippers anywhere near Tynecastle? 

One of the biggest clubs in world football?

No Idle Talk
On 21/03/2024 at 18:02, Ex member of the SaS said:

Why can't we and the hobbits share a shop at the airport? Brick through the windae of the Sevco shop every week and monopolise the sales.

As much as the thought of sharing a shop with them makes me want to throw up in my mouth, if it was the only way for it to be financially viable then I would probably go for it. 

I'd rather see a Hearts/Hibs shop at Edinburgh airport than Old Firm merchandise on display and Edinburgh's football teams nowhere to be seen.