• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• davemclaren

• A_A wehatethehibs

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Why? They have 2 stadiums in the weeg which would be fine. Weirdos. 

It will be to do with the company who organise the friendlies (would imagine its the same one who arranged Man U v Lyon last year and Liverpool v Napoli a few years back) wanting the stadium with the largest capacity to make most money.

Its better that this time they have 1 Scottish team involved, but is annoying that its one of the Old firm playing in Edinburgh.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It will be to do with the company who organise the friendlies (would imagine its the same one who arranged Man U v Lyon last year and Liverpool v Napoli a few years back) wanting the stadium with the largest capacity to make most money.

Its better that this time they have 1 Scottish team involved, but is annoying that its one of the Old firm playing in Edinburgh.

When we played Barca at Murrayfield, the seats were all sold IIRC?

Just ****ing lazy.

Bull's-eye

Manure probably refused to play at Hampdump.

Quite rightly so.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Manure probably refused to play at Hampdump.

Quite rightly so.

You can do better than that.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Sir PH said:

Based on previous, I doubt it. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I wonder if Man U are thinking about playing a season at Murrayfield while old Trafford gets flattened and rebuilt ? 

sprinbox98

50k drunk weegies and guys from Manchester hacking about on a Saturday afternoon…what could possibly go wrong!?

periodictabledancer

Do we have to have these scumbags in Edinburgh ? 

Why can't it be played at Ibrox ?

No doubt the SRU are desperate for the cash but the thought of the dregs of Scottish society descending on Edinburgh is very depressing.  Definitely a day to avoid the city centre. 

Jim Panzee
2 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

50k drunk weegies and guys from Manchester hacking about on a Saturday afternoon…what could possibly go wrong!?

1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

Definitely a day to avoid the city centre. 

was my immediate thought....

Jim_Duncan

🤮 🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮   🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  🤮  

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, OTT said:

When we played Barca at Murrayfield, the seats were all sold IIRC?

Just ****ing lazy.

Around 10,000 short of capacity.  57,857 was the attendance. 

12 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

Half the Rangers support will be from the east coast.

neilnunb

Can they not bugger off to America like what Celtic and Man City are doing? 🙂

AndyNic
Just now, Sir PH said:

Exactly.

Wankers.

18 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I wonder if Man U are thinking about playing a season at Murrayfield while old Trafford gets flattened and rebuilt ? 

Why would they even think about doing that? 

gorgierulesapply88

Turkey teef buzzing to be in rangers gear again...

One of neilsons imposters.

Screenshot_20240320_130656_Facebook.jpg

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Why would they even think about doing that? 

What are the alternatives if they are without a stadium for a year plus? Wembley? Cardiff? Dublin? Or maybe they’d play their “home” games at all of the above, do a bit of a tour. Not as though Man City will happily ground share with them ! 

martoon
1 minute ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I think I'm going to hurl.

We should go all in and arrange a Hearts vs. Man City/Liverpool/Leeds/Newcastle/whoever hates Man U the most, 150 year celebrations game, for the same afternoon.

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What are the alternatives if they are without a stadium for a year plus? Wembley? Cardiff? Dublin? Or maybe they’d play their “home” games at all of the above, do a bit of a tour. Not as though Man City will happily ground share with them ! 

Will take a lot longer than a season if the current Old Trafford was to be completely flattened. More likely is they will build on a new site and continue to play in the existing stadium or if that is financially unviable they will renovate Old Trafford a stand at a time and continue to play there throughout. 

the posh bit
18 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

And this forum. 

Chuck Berry
45 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Unlikely

Luckies1874
25 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Can they not bugger off to America like what Celtic and Man City are doing? 🙂

Man Utd head there after; playing Arsenal in LA, Real Betis in San Diego and Liverpool in South Carolina. 

Rangers have also announced it will be their only pre season fixture in Scotland due to work on the Copland Road stand. 

Luckies1874

Should see the Tynecastle Hotel fully booked for a few days :laugh:

:jjyay:

martinb
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thankfully I shall be overseas on that day. 

and the hibs will be in portobelly

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

What company is it who arrange these friendlies? Parasites so they are.

It's up to people of course whether to attend, but it's a shite spectacle, a training match with zero atmosphere.

Edited by Placid Casual

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Will take a lot longer than a season if the current Old Trafford was to be completely flattened. More likely is they will build on a new site and continue to play in the existing stadium or if that is financially unviable they will renovate Old Trafford a stand at a time and continue to play there throughout. 

From what I’ve seen of it, it looks like flatten and rebuild on same /adjacent site appears to be the most likely option. Tottenham style. But Wembley being just up the road made that easier for Tottenham

db211833
10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Edinburgh will be full of huns and plastics.   Avoid.

My son is a Man U fan. My Mrs is from Manchester and a family of reds.

Poor lad can't be labelled a glory hunter as he is 15 so not seen the best Man u.

I would have taken him had it been a different opponent (an actual glamour tie) but I'd rather not subject us to those horrible animals from the west.

5 minutes ago, db211833 said:

My son is a Man U fan. My Mrs is from Manchester and a family of reds.

Poor lad can't be labelled a glory hunter as he is 15 so not seen the best Man u.

I would have taken him had it been a different opponent (an actual glamour tie) but I'd rather not subject us to those horrible animals from the west.

Maybe time to grow a pair. He's 15, not 5. 

37 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Dunno, but they certainly won't be renting a rugby stadium in Scotland for a season. 

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, martinb said:

and the hibs will be in portobelly

😄

46 minutes ago, martoon said:

I think I'm going to hurl.

We should go all in and arrange a Hearts vs. Man City/Liverpool/Leeds/Newcastle/whoever hates Man U the most, 150 year celebrations game, for the same afternoon.

I'm in :yes:

Tottenham has the best modern stadium what about them or Everton.   Or both :ohmy:

Do a home and away friendly.   Get to visit their new stadiums. 

Edited by HMFC01

been here before

No surprise to find @Sir PH all over the thread.

Looking forward to a wee summers day out with his big cousins.

44 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

And this forum. 

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

No surprise to find @Sir PH all over the thread.

Looking forward to a wee summers day out with his big cousins.

Looking fir aggro type posts.

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Edited by Japan Jambo

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

that should never have ben on our payroll. feckin impostor. no doubt the BBC will give him a job for life as a pundit.

Japan Jambo
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Seems a good choice of neutral stadium!

can't imagine the Rangers fans being warmly welcomed back in Manchester quite yet.

1 hour ago, kila said:

How did the Man U Lyon friendly go last year at Murrayfield?

It was murder. It was worse than a friendly, more like a testimonial. I thought someone had made an eleventh commandment "Thou shalt not tackle".

Meh . The Huns have always been slithering around here and David Murray tried to accelerate that . More chance of Edinburgh laddies and lassies who do not follow an Edinburgh team developing a fondness for United really 

A_A wehatethehibs
30 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Dunno, but they certainly won't be renting a rugby stadium in Scotland for a season. 

Why not? Is there a rule against it? It could be that they’ve spoken to all the options for neutral stadiums, and Murrayfield offered the best financial / logistical package. The neutral ground possibilities for them on British soil are: Wembley, Cardiff, Twickenham, Hampden and Murrayfield.

John Findlay

This really grits my shit 

Play at Murrayfield for a lucrative pre-season friendly.

Suggest they come through here for a League/Scottish semi final, and the gruesome twosome throw the toys out the pram as soon as they can. Police Scotland should, but won't, tell them to GTF.