Man Utd V Rangers, Murrayfield 20 July

Hesh

Debut 4

Chance here to open a fanzone for rent on the Plaza. Create that carnival, pre season atmosphere in the sun. 

:brucey:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• davemclaren

• A_A wehatethehibs

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Why not? Is there a rule against it? It could be that they’ve spoken to all the options for neutral stadiums, and Murrayfield offered the best financial / logistical package. The neutral ground possibilities for them on British soil are: Wembley, Cardiff, Twickenham, and Murrayfield.

FTFY.

tightrope
1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Do we have to have these scumbags in Edinburgh ? 

Why can't it be played at Ibrox ?

No doubt the SRU are desperate for the cash but the thought of the dregs of Scottish society descending on Edinburgh is very depressing.  Definitely a day to avoid the city centre. 

In all fairness, most of these mutants probably live closer to Murray field than Ibrox 

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This really grits my shit 

Play at Murrayfield for a lucrative pre-season friendly.

Suggest they come through here for a League/Scottish semi final, and the gruesome twosome throw the toys out the pram as soon as they can. Police Scotland should, but won't, tell them to GTF.

Very good point.

It'll be at Murrayfield because presumably Hampden and Ibrox pitches will be skimmed during the season close and won't be ready.

I think Murrayfield is vastly superior to Hampden so SRU getting to remind SFA it can host football matches is fine with me.

gorgierulesapply88

The game last year was midweek. With a shit kick-off time...

This time round, tad better kick-off time shame about utd's opponent albeit a reserve utd side who will use Oriam for their training base again.

BlueRiver

I've pished myself in sheer rage. 

Honestly who gives a **** 😂 you boys need a cup of tea. 

CostaJambo

No doubt the Hobo pavement dancers will be out in force, pretending to fight people and bragging about it later.

colinmorewasgash

I thought the original rangers didn't like man utd do the tribute act. 

Could have had a Edinburgh Select play them like old days or even hubz or us. It was bad enough the tims using murrayfield for champs lge game but now this in july and marching season for the bigots. 

Yet they moan about murrayfield for final and semi finals and its got to be hampdump should have played it through there. Pray for poor folk that live nearby in murrayfield.

I might head along in the hope of watching United batter that Rangers side. 

Luckies1874
35 minutes ago, kila said:

It'll be at Murrayfield because presumably Hampden and Ibrox pitches will be skimmed during the season close and won't be ready.

I think Murrayfield is vastly superior to Hampden so SRU getting to remind SFA it can host football matches is fine with me.

Copland Road stand being renovated. Rangers already announced this is likely to be their only first team pre season friendly in Scotland. 

Turkishcap
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Thankfully I shall be overseas on that day. 

Me too

leginten
27 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

No doubt the Hobo pavement dancers will be out in force, pretending to fight people and bragging about it later.

They’ll be consulting their manuals of attack stratagems from classical antiquity as we speak.

”Journalists” at the Scotsman will be on high alert.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Why not? Is there a rule against it? It could be that they’ve spoken to all the options for neutral stadiums, and Murrayfield offered the best financial / logistical package. The neutral ground possibilities for them on British soil are: Wembley, Cardiff, Twickenham, Hampden and Murrayfield.

I think the SFA have the final say on competitive matches in Scotland. 

The fact that events like this go to Murrayfield rather than Hampden tells you everything you need to know about how much better the stadium, location and infrastructure are at Murrayfield compared to Hampden.

Much like the Man Utd v Lyon fixture last year and the Liverpool v Napoli fixture a couple of years ago I have absolutely zero interest in attending.

A_A wehatethehibs
35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think the SFA have the final say on competitive matches in Scotland. 

Couple of brown envelopes and that’s the blazers taken care of 

2 hours ago, been here before said:

No surprise to find @Sir PH all over the thread.

Looking forward to a wee summers day out with his big cousins.

Good to see you're as boring as ever. Although I did enjoy it the other night when you got your smart arse handed to you. "Been here the bore" 😁

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Why not? Is there a rule against it? It could be that they’ve spoken to all the options for neutral stadiums, and Murrayfield offered the best financial / logistical package. The neutral ground possibilities for them on British soil are: Wembley, Cardiff, Twickenham, Hampden and Murrayfield.

Because it makes zero sense, that's why. 

4 hours ago, db211833 said:

admin delete

Ok. Keep him wrapped in cotton wool and away from the dangers of attending a pre-season friendly. They can be nasty affairs.

db211833
Just now, Sir PH said:

Ok. Keep him wrapped in cotton wool and away from the dangers of attending a pre-season friendly. They can be nasty affairs.

Nobody mentioned dangers. I'd rather not spend my afternoon with 35000 orcs. I have a funny feeling you would quite enjoy that though.

2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Nobody mentioned dangers. I'd rather not spend my afternoon with 35000 orcs. I have a funny feeling you would quite enjoy that though.

You're not. You're spending it with your son, it's 90 minutes at a game of football. Top marks for being over dramatic, though.

henryheart

My first thought was 'I hope this doesn't clash with our 150th celebration match against Orient'. Thankfully it doesn't. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, henryheart said:

My first thought was 'I hope this doesn't clash with our 150th celebration match against Orient'. Thankfully it doesn't. 

When is that?

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, henryheart said:

Saturday 13July.

Craigie, Shanks and Zander unavailable with the Euro’s Final 24 hrs later. Should be a good weekend :laugh:

Wee Mikey
4 hours ago, OTT said:

Why? They have 2 stadiums in the weeg which would be fine. Weirdos. 

The people organising this event will have been well aware of a suitable stadium in Scotland's capital city.

Hence, there's no way that they'd opt to hold such a match in a provincial city like Glasgow.

It'll give that provincial team's fans a good capital day out instead of traipsing off as per usual to one of their Glasgow home grounds.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Saturday 13July.

Ah, I miss that as well. 🥸

Daveandal

It makes no sense but I think of Murrayfield as our B stadium... bit tin pot of Rangers and Celtic having to use it occasionally 😁

been here before
51 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Good to see you're as boring as ever. Although I did enjoy it the other night when you got your smart arse handed to you. "Been here the bore" 😁

:rofl:

We're all pretty anonymous punters stuck behind made up names posting shite on a largely irrelevant site in a dark wee corner of the internet.

Ever think you take it a little too seriously hun?

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

We're all pretty anonymous punters stuck behind made up names posting shite on a largely irrelevant site in a dark wee corner of the internet.

Ever think you take it a little too seriously hun?

Says the guy who is never away from here, falls out with umpteen posters on a regular basis and has nearly 18,000 posts to his name. Aye, it's me that takes it too seriously.😁

been here before
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Says the guy who is never away from here, falls out with umpteen posters on a regular basis and has nearly 18,000 posts to his name. Aye, it's me that takes it too seriously.😁

You do know you could post every 5 mins and not take it seriously :lol:

You sure you're OK hun?

Just now, been here before said:

You do know you could post every 5 mins and not take it seriously :lol:

You sure you're OK hun?

200w-2.gif

FionaHmfc
5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We'll have our own Premier League team to play in July 😏 

Seen it rumoured online Spurs are coming up here for a friendly? 

2 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Seen it rumoured online Spurs are coming up here for a friendly? 

Makes sense,was that not our centenary opponents?

SectionDJambo

Presumably, the choice of venue was quite limited, given the reputation of Rangers fans. The police in England wouldn't fancy it.

Could they have gone to Dublin? A lot of Manchester United fans in Ireland. Probably not.

Spurs are playing Newcastle in Melbourne. Maybe they could have gone there to promote both clubs' international appeal?

Both teams will have players missing because of the Euros, which takes much of any "glamour" away from the fixture. Next time Rangers are involved in a semi final against Hearts or Hibs, a wee suggestion that Murrayfield has been acceptable to Rangers, and the SFA in sanctioning it, for a football match before, could generate some interesting narrative.

As others have said, a night out in the capital to be avoided that weekend. 

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Presumably, the choice of venue was quite limited, given the reputation of Rangers fans. The police in England wouldn't fancy it.

Could they have gone to Dublin? A lot of Manchester United fans in Ireland. Probably not.

Spurs are playing Newcastle in Melbourne. Maybe they could have gone there to promote both clubs' international appeal?

Both teams will have players missing because of the Euros, which takes much of any "glamour" away from the fixture. Next time Rangers are involved in a semi final against Hearts or Hibs, a wee suggestion that Murrayfield has been acceptable to Rangers, and the SFA in sanctioning it, for a football match before, could generate some interesting narrative.

As others have said, a night out in the capital to be avoided that weekend. 

It was all to do with the size of the stadium, so they could maximise income. Rangers have played down south many times since 2008, without any trouble. 

SectionDJambo

It was all to do with the size of the stadium, so they could maximise income. Rangers have played down south many times since 2008, without any trouble. 

I have to admit to not remembering that. Who have they played? Presumably European ties. 

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

I have to admit to not remembering that. Who have they played? Presumably European ties. 

European ties and friendlies. 

SectionDJambo

European ties and friendlies. 

Do you know who they have played.  I honestly cannot remember.

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Do you know who they have played.  I honestly cannot remember.

Liverpool and Manchester United in Europe.

Tranmere, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Blackpool in friendlies. It's easily Googled, and there's probably more than that.

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Liverpool and Manchester United in Europe.

Tranmere, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Blackpool in friendlies. It's easily Googled, and there's probably more than that.

Ok, no wish to be precious about my recollections, but I can't find any fixtures other than those you have told me about. 

But, Sheffield and Derby were 10 years ago. Tranmere and Blackpool were just as the covid restrictions were starting to be lifted and Rangers asked their fans not to travel.

They have also played in Berwick, fairly recently.

Pasquale for King

Disastrous news for businesses in Gorgie and surrounding areas 🤦🏽

Seaside Dave
6 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Manure probably refused to play at Hampdump.

Quite rightly so.

Aye they wanted the rangers end of the stadium. 😂😂😂

29 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Ok, no wish to be precious about my recollections, but I can't find any fixtures other than those you have told me about. 

But, Sheffield and Derby were 10 years ago. Tranmere and Blackpool were just as the covid restrictions were starting to be lifted and Rangers asked their fans not to travel.

They have also played in Berwick, fairly recently.

I said post Manchester? All the games I've posted were post Manchester, and I've probably missed some. I'm sure they've been down Sheffield a couple of times.

Libertarian
6 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Do we have to have these scumbags in Edinburgh ? 

Why can't it be played at Ibrox ?

No doubt the SRU are desperate for the cash but the thought of the dregs of Scottish society descending on Edinburgh is very depressing.  Definitely a day to avoid the city centre. 

Think I will book a holiday weekend away when that catastrophe happens 

EH11 2NL
7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Manure probably refused to play at Hampdump.

Quite rightly so.

Jesus **** 🤣🤣

Seymour M Hersh

Oh dear two sets of scummy fans coming to our city. A good day to be elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think you should read the Liverpool Echo report again. 

And can you tell us about the trouble when Rangers played Manchester United in the Champions League at Old Trafford? 

Edited by Sir PH