Hearts will spend more on players

Clerry Jambo

33 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Excellent post.

I should have given mention to Ann Budge in that. If I'm reading this correctly she has developed a situation where the club can at a bare minimum maintain the current level without relying on windfalls, like euro groups or player sales.

I'm further speculating the typical opposition for 3rd, sheep hubz axis will be nothing like as stable as Hearts at the financial level. More yoyo like. 

And that's an incredible achievement alone considering what she inherited, she has to be up there with most influential and innovative characters in the history of the club or modern Scottish football overall even. An equivalent might be Fergus McCann at Celtic. In My view.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• FarmerTweedy

• Chimp

• Bazzas right boot

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I should have given mention to Ann Budge in that. If I'm reading this correctly she has developed a situation where the club can at a bare minimum maintain the current level without relying on windfalls, like euro groups or player sales.

I'm further speculating the typical opposition for 3rd, sheep hubz axis will be nothing like as stable as Hearts at the financial level. More yoyo like. 

And that's an incredible achievement alone considering what she inherited, she has to be up there with most influential and innovative characters in the history of the club or modern Scottish football overall even. An equivalent might be Fergus McCann at Celtic. In My view.

100%

Lone Striker
12 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He lives near where I live, so know a few people who know him and he is a Rangers fan. But he does seem level headed. My post before is that you never know what may turn his head so you can never say never that he doesn't try and force through a move. I dont think he wanted to move in January as everything was working well for him (his form, getting chances for Scotland etc.)

I also dont believe Rangers are interested in him. As others say I dont believe Clements sees him as a player that fits how he plays. I think many Rangers fans want him, pundits want him but Rangers will be looking elsewhere.

You could be right about Clement being lukewarm to the idea of paying 2-3m for Shanks, simply because he knows more about strikers playing in Europe.    Also, even if Shanks does go to Rangers he probably won't be an automatic first pick unless he consistently bangs in the goals against Celtic and Euro teams.

Lone Striker
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Totally agree.         Celtic would have been goosed if Fergus McCann hadn't shaken things up - yet he is still despised by some Celtic fans who can't get past the fact that he made a lot of money from his tenure.  

kingantti1874
On 21/03/2024 at 23:00, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Our £15.5M figure is including all staff, too, isn't it?

Reckon about £9M or £10M for 1st Team

you think we are spending between £5.4m and  £6m on shop, hospitality and hotel staff. 

That would be the equivalent of 54 to 64 people getting £100k pa. Do we even have 54 no playing staff.  

not a  chance mate come on.  

Probably closer to £12.5m on first team players and coaching. £1m on women’s team and £2m on staff

JamboAl
23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

You could be right about Clement being lukewarm to the idea of paying 2-3m for Shanks, simply because he knows more about strikers playing in Europe.    Also, even if Shanks does go to Rangers he probably won't be an automatic first pick unless he consistently bangs in the goals against Celtic and Euro teams.

He would know plenty about Shanks when they were both in Belgian football.

Ricardo Quaresma
28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you think we are spending between £5.4m and  £6m on shop, hospitality and hotel staff. 

That would be the equivalent of 54 to 64 people getting £100k pa. Do we even have 54 no playing staff.  

not a  chance mate come on.  

Probably closer to £12.5m on first team players and coaching. £1m on women’s team and £2m on staff

There's an article somewhere on staff numbers; what about the contractors that fitted the Hotel? Do they count? It's all staff too; everyone

Does it really matter if we don't know exactly?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, busbyfth said:

he is away - his interviews strongly depict this due to family pressure

🤣🤣