• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• FarmerTweedy

• Chimp

• Bazzas right boot

After putting the season ticket sales up I would expect nothing less. 

Bazzas right boot

Good too hear.

Ooh, they've obviously discussed building up funds but publicly are stating they won't be.

What's the chances of a surprise "war chest" being unleashed in about 5 years time?

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Negan said:

St sales should go up bt more, they are too cheap imo.

joondalupjambo

Ann says next year so not this close season then?

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

St sales should go up bt more, they are too cheap imo.

I think the price is very reasonable even with the increase. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Aye, we won't buy or sign any new players in the summer.

joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, we won't buy or sign any new players in the summer.

I meant in terms of increased spending on individual players.  If we have extra money then the suggestion is that we shop in perhaps a better market.  

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I meant in terms of increased spending on individual players.  If we have extra money then the suggestion is that we shop in perhaps a better market.  

Ofc it is, that is what she's saying- we have more money to spend. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Negan said:

Back Up to the price they were in 2019 ? Still amongst the cheapest in the country .  

I really hope to **** that wasn’t a bit of a moan

If we make the group stages of a European competition this summer , then we will receive that money the season after , I think . We have not exactly been tight with the purse strings though recently , so you would expect that to continue at the very least in the summer . Interesting times ahead though if external and non football raised funding like benefactor contributions and FOH pledges are being more directly channeled in to the first team squad . Once automatic group stages disappear we will need to be a better team and actually qualify for the groups through play offs . I see that as being the oft mused over “ next level “ . We will also get compensation for our international players and our contingent has grown recently 

joondalupjambo
24 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ofc it is, that is what she's saying- we have more money to spend. 

I guess time will tell and if we start in this close season to buy better then that will be fantastic.  

karipidis

It’s becoming increasingly likely we will have a large Shankland hole to fill. 

johnking123
5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

We will have a few million for the sale of him to play with.

GBJambo
2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We will have a few million for the sale of him to play with.

Would rather  we didn’t cash in on the pennies that we would get in the summer and have him for another season 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

If we don't fill obvious gaps in our team this summer then the board should step down.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If we don't fill obvious gaps in our team this summer then the board should step down.

I agree there are areas on the pitch we need to fill and has been obvious for a couple of seasons, notably right back and centre midfield. However, the club are sitting clear in 3rd and we have made it to 2 semi finals with a final a potential. I don't think we can say the board should step down, not every signing works and I think they have backed the managers we have had with funds the last few seasons.  

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

😄

Boyces beard
16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

🤦‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Guessing you weren't actually a member of the SaS? Can't imagine you storming embassies with that sort of attitude...

cosanostra
19 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

:rofl:

A bit dramatic.

Looks like there will be a lot of players leaving and arriving so I wouldn't worry too much.

Should be an exciting summer.

Jambo in Bathgate
13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I agree there are areas on the pitch we need to fill and has been obvious for a couple of seasons, notably right back and centre midfield. However, the club are sitting clear in 3rd and we have made it to 2 semi finals with a final a potential. I don't think we can say the board should step down, not every signing works and I think they have backed the managers we have had with funds the last few seasons.  

There is no doubt that the board has supported the team while building the infrastructure to expand revenue! It’s recognised now that we need to spend money on players to continue to progress on the field. It’s also good to see that Naismith is not afraid to bring youngsters from the B team into the squad and play them. Money was budgeted for Vargas who looks to be an excellent acquisition. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Skip to the last 4 paragraphs

That doughball witters on more than F. Scott Fitzgerald :lol:

Always with a wee tinge of snide too, the worm

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

:rofl:

A bit dramatic.

Looks like there will be a lot of players leaving and arriving so I wouldn't worry too much.

Should be an exciting summer.

A lot? who you thinking?

I've got a bad feeling Naismith is going to hold on to Sibbick and Grant for another year. Both players should be moved on and replaced with better. Beni also possibly leaving on free.

Otherwise our only real sellable assets are Shankland and Cochrane I'd say, but we won't accept a low offer for Shankland so I reckon he'll see out his contract here.

Bongo 1874

Wage structure increase,there's maybe 1 or 2 players worth paying a fee for,the rest we could get on pre contracts.

Smart business.

My advice if you can secure a player of Armstrongs quality and you have just a half decent striker,you will comfortably secure 3rd most seasons.

30 appearances, 6 goals, 10 assists.

You sign a solid central midfield player that is a leader.

The potential is huge for this club.

Edited by Bongo 1874

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Jesus Christ 🤣 we are in the best shape we’ve ever been in. 

Chuck Berry

Hopefully quality over quantity, move a few out and bring a few quality players in. No wholesale changes required, especially now we have 2 or 3 from the B team involved.

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

If we make the group stages we have six million pounds coming in . If Shankland leaves this summer it will be for a few million . If not then he stays and keeps banging in goals and we still have the six million guaranteed income . Personally I would keep him and let him leave for nothing after helping us to another third place finish . Either way I am quite relaxed about him 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

If we make the group stages we have six million pounds coming in . If Shankland leaves this summer it will be for a few million . If not then he stays and keeps banging in goals and we still have the six million guaranteed income . Personally I would keep him and let him leave for nothing after helping us to another third place finish . Either way I am quite relaxed about him 

Same, it's a win win situation whatever the outcome for me.

42 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Skip to the last 4 paragraphs

That doughball witters on more than F. Scott Fitzgerald :lol:

Always with a wee tinge of snide too, the worm

Needed more mentions of knitting and biscuits imo 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Sooks said:

Don't forget the scones 🙂

Just now, Chimp said:

Same, it's a win win situation whatever the outcome for me.

Totally man . I do feel like an actual reasonable “ next level “ for us would be improving in quality enough to get to European group stages through the qualifiers . If we could do that then we are looking at a decent jump in income 

9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Part of me hopes it is a dig at the idiots who trot out those ageist and misogynist tropes on here 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Would rather  we didn’t cash in on the pennies that we would get in the summer and have him for another season 

Say we don't cash in, and reject a large sum of money for him. He comes into pre-season unhappy, has no Euro's as motivation at the seasons end...where are we then? It would be stupid not to sell him when his stock is high.

As I've said before, even Spurs sold Kane when they had to. 

HoGwash
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You clearly have no idea what the functions and responsibilities of the board are. Hint - it's not deciding which right back to sign.

Despite the sniping, the Hearts board gave done an incredible job in transforming the club off the pitch and generating income which allows us to continually increase our player spend.

Undoubtedly there will be decisions that people with disagree with (every decision will have some dissenters), particularly around recruitment of managers but after many decades of supporting Hearts, the club is in the best place it has ever been in my lifetime. This board is unquestionably the best we've had in the last 70 years.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Say we don't cash in, and reject a large sum of money for him. He comes into pre-season unhappy, has no Euro's as motivation at the seasons end...where are we then? It would be stupid not to sell him when his stock is high.

As I've said before, even Spurs sold Kane when they had to. 

We won't reject a large sum of money for him though? The club have already said they would sell him at the right price..

9 minutes ago, Chimp said:

We won't reject a large sum of money for him though? The club have already said they would sell him at the right price..

Exactly my thoughts too . We would be sitting there with about six million coming in guaranteed , and then we would have the choice of keeping Shankland or adding another two or three million to what we know is coming in ………… I could handle either of those two situations . A minimum of eight million guaranteed income with no infrastructure commitments would allow us to replace his goals and improve the team overall you would think / hope . If nobody offers a fair price then we keep him and I think we all know enough about what sort of a man Shankland is to know he would not toss in the towel if nobody met our valuation 

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I hope not, personally. We need to improve our player trading model, and a big sale is the perfect way to do that. I was just replying to the poster saying he would turn the money down.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Exactly my thoughts too . We would be sitting there with about six million coming in guaranteed , and then we would have the choice of keeping Shankland or adding another two or three million to what we know is coming in ………… I could handle either of those two situations . A minimum of eight million guaranteed income with no infrastructure commitments would allow us to replace his goals and improve the team overall you would think / hope . If nobody offers a fair price then we keep him and I think we all know enough about what sort of a man Shankland is to know he would not toss in the towel if nobody met our valuation 

This is it, I really can't see that somehow. He's already stressed numerous times how much he's loving it being at Hearts and very aware he's under contract here.

Low offer - club rejects and Shanks understands, gets his head down and does the business for us again next season, also putting himself in the shop window for anyone who wants him on a free.

High offer - club accepts, Shanks happy and club happy we've made a big profit on a player which can then be invested to sign similar or higher calibre of player in future.

Edited by Chimp

Jim Panzee
41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

39 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

ahem.....here we go....another dusting off of one of my favourite pictures:

image.jpeg.c4db6f8ec04533a98dcb30ee15388be4.jpeg

Ann Budge!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Nope I really can't see that somehow. He's already stressed numerous times how much he's loving it being at Hearts and very aware he's under contract here.

Low offer - club rejects and Shanks understands, gets his head down and does the business for us again next season, also putting himself in the shop window for anyone who wants him on a free.

High offer - club accepts, Shanks happy and club happy we've made a big profit on a player which can then be invested to sign similar or higher calibre of player in future.

That is how I see it 

Jim Panzee
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Guessing you weren't actually a member of the SaS? Can't imagine you storming embassies with that sort of attitude...

Try the Scottish ambulance Service.....

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

ahem.....here we go....another dusting off of one of my favourite pictures:

image.jpeg.c4db6f8ec04533a98dcb30ee15388be4.jpeg

Ann Budge!!!!!!

Imagine we signed an Australian player for the womens team 😮 

Jim Panzee
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Imagine we signed an Australian player for the womens team 😮 

would have to double point out said player is Australian....:rofl:

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

would have to double point out said player is Australian....:rofl:

Former window cleaner , Australian female footballer …………. It would be like Hiroshima at ground zero 

Jim Panzee
Just now, Sooks said:

Former window cleaner , Australian female footballer …………. It would be like Hiroshima at ground zero 

now you're just being 'Greedy'.... :)

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

now you're just being 'Greedy'.... :)

I 8 being greedy but sometimes you just have to say “ when in Hamilton “

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You do realise that THE BOARD don't sign players yes?  This is the job of the Director of Football and the First Team Coach and his team yes?  The board look after the solvency of the club and the future, they only sanction the funds to pay for new players, they don't negotiate the deals themselves.

So please tell me my the board should completely resign for the perceived failures of the people scouting and signing the players they say they need??