Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Wee Mikey
8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

:lol:  I'd buy that!

What about the play / bide switch too?

Once-upon-a-time I'd be able to 'sprint on by', but now, sadly, walking on by is my thing ... it'll be shuffling before long.

Anyhoo ...

What? There are those who think 'play' rhymes with 'pride'.

Deary me, educashun has dropped off a cliff.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lone Striker
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not meaning to put you on a downer but 98 was the best one. The raw emotion from our support at the final whistle will never leave me. Not experienced anything like it. 

Yeah, agree with that.  We'd never beaten Rangers under JJ, and so didn't  expect to in the Cup Final either - until a tiny wee glimmer of hope emerged when the news broke that ALbertz & Gazza wouldn't be playing. 

In 2012, we expected to win .... with just that tiny wee bit trepidation that we might not.  😏 

Edited by Lone Striker

luckyBatistuta
30 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Some decent looking seats available…

IMG_2116.jpeg

That’s pretty our seats from last time against them, cracking seats and view.

ArcticJambo
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not meaning to put you on a downer but 98 was the best one. The raw emotion from our support at the final whistle will never leave me. Not experienced anything like it. 

Yeah, I don't doubt it, had I been there it would surely have been my favourite. I picked up some of that raw emotion and sheer joy from my mate who sent me a massive Hearts care package, with multiple pinks, cuttings, etc. We'll all be there on Sun, him and our kids so I'm hoping for something similar.

I did enjoy 2012 immensely, although for me personally it was tinged somewhat with grief from the day before, from back in the community in which I lived, back in Canada. Still, my dad came over from the otherside of Hospitality to congratulate us post-match, he was happy for me.

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

It’s the legacy of the 1986 / Colin Chisholm version, which originally made the switch.

A superior version that I prefer infinitely 

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

25 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Yip 98 and it's not even close. 

2012 was better imo

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Yeah, I don't doubt it, had I been there it would surely have been my favourite. I picked up some of that raw emotion and sheer joy from my mate who sent me a massive Hearts care package, with multiple pinks, cuttings, etc. We'll all be there on Sun, him and our kids so I'm hoping for something similar.

I did enjoy 2012 immensely, although for me personally it was tinged somewhat with grief from the day before, from back in the community in which I lived, back in Canada. Still, my dad came over from the otherside of Hospitality to congratulate us post-match, he was happy for me.

That’s a great mate. Hopefully setting ourselves up for another famous final on Sunday. 

ArcticJambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s a great mate. Hopefully setting ourselves up for another famous final on Sunday. 

:thumbsup: on both accounts.

The 2012 semi was great , in no small part because not many of us felt we would win . We did not have a huge crowd , but the atmosphere towards the end was electric . The club are far more proactive in trying to sell itself nowadays , and the final total for this tie will be impressive . I predict we will sell more than 20 thousand 

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The 2012 semi was great , in no small part because not many of us felt we would win . We did not have a huge crowd , but the atmosphere towards the end was electric . The club are far more proactive in trying to sell itself nowadays , and the final total for this tie will be impressive . I predict we will sell more than 20 thousand 

The best semi I’ve been to. We’ve come a long way since then. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The best semi I’ve been to. We’ve come a long way since then. 

I could not fit a bit of paper between the 06 and 12 semis . Both brilliant days but very different matches . Club has come on some amount on all counts 

Ronald Villiers
33 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That’s pretty our seats from last time against them, cracking seats and view.

We were seated there aswell, great view but felt it was lacking atmosphere.  I shouted and got a few looks from the folk around me.  I never shouted anything that was controversial or offensive either.  

Captain Sausage
17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Some game that. Maybe the wildest celebration when Beattie scored - the wait from the pen award to it being taken was insane.

millerjames398
1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Some game that. Maybe the wildest celebration when Beattie scored - the wait from the pen award to it being taken was insane.

i celebrated that hard after beatts penalty, the lactic acid kicked in, and i was shakin like a shittin dog till the final whistle,🤯😂🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Carnage ! Might be because I was 12 or 13 but when we scored in the early nineties ( 92 ? ) semi vs Rangers at the old Parkhead , that was the wildest celebration I can ever remember , never known a surge like that and it was such a steep terrace too 

1 minute ago, millerjames398 said:

i celebrated that hard after beatts penalty, the lactic acid kicked in, and i was shakin like a shittin dog till the final whistle,🤯😂🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

My knee caps still haven't recovered :blink:

4 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

I waited until the final whistle as bitter experience had taught me that it’s not over until it’s over.

1 minute ago, Papa said:

I waited until the final whistle as bitter experience had taught me that it’s not over until it’s over.

But then we were set adrift on memory bliss 

Gorgierools
30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

2012 was better imo

I beg to disagree. I was 40 and had never seen us win anything other than the Tennants 6s. It was a fantastic day. My brother and I started of in the Rangers end ( other brothers fault) and we're swiftly rescued after the penalty went in. Dragged to safety over the fence then told to **** off and find somewhere to sit. Great day,never bettered.

Just now, Gorgierools said:

I beg to disagree. I was 40 and had never seen us win anything other than the Tennants 6s. It was a fantastic day. My brother and I started of in the Rangers end ( other brothers fault) and we're swiftly rescued after the penalty went in. Dragged to safety over the fence then told to **** off and find somewhere to sit. Great day,never bettered.

I was 18 and it was an epic day . I just preferred 2012 though 

Gorgierools
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was 18 and it was an epic day . I just preferred 2012 though 

Different things to different people. To be fair, football aside,there was so many other things going on in my life that year. A real turning point in my life that makes me look back on it as a great year. 2012 I was in the Falklands so couldn't get there ( not a PHM?) but still loved it .

Hope you and all jambos have a great weekend Sooks

Edited by Gorgierools

db211833
44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

2012 was better imo

You were 12 or 13 in 2006 as per your post below. You don't understand 98, it was the best due to how long we had waited. Also the fact it was against an exceptionally strong team. AND Rangers weren't awarded a penalty in the last minutes,  which they would be now.

Edit. Ignore me Sooks just reread you post! Opinions. But 98 for me.

Edited by db211833

luckyBatistuta
20 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

We were seated there aswell, great view but felt it was lacking atmosphere.  I shouted and got a few looks from the folk around me.  I never shouted anything that was controversial or offensive either.  

I couldn’t have tried harder to take the pressure off you Ron :toasting:

Nothing controversial either 

Kalamazoo Jambo
20 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Has the seat map disappeared 

No, still there!

3 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Different things to different people. To be fair, football aside,there was so many other things going on in my life that year. A real turning point in my life that makes me look back on it as a great year. 2012 I was in the Falklands so couldn't get there ( not a PHM?) but still loved it .

Hope you and all jambos have a great weekend Sooks

You too pal

2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

You were 12 or 13 in 2006 as per your post below. You don't understand 98, it was the best due to how long we had waited. Also the fact it was against an exceptionally strong team. AND Rangers weren't awarded a penalty in the last minutes,  which they would be now.

I was 19 in 1998
I was 27 in 2006

I was 33 in 2012

I was seven in my first season and was at Dens on the final day with my Dad 

I was born in April so would have just turned these ages . I sometimes get my age out by a year when I think back but I was born in 1979

You are correct though I think . I think the my ages at the time play a part in , why these games are in the order they are for me . In fact 1986 was probably my favourite season despite the ending , and that is probably because of my age and it being my first season 

Wee Mikey
51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A superior version that I prefer infinitely 

There's a shed thread on this topic, so laters. But, my stance is that original is almost always better ... for so many reasons.

2 minutes ago, RENE said:

Nothing can beat 98......

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

There's a shed thread on this topic, so laters. But, my stance is that original is almost always better ... for so many reasons.

Different strokes for different folks I guess lads 

Just now, Sooks said:

Different strokes for different folks I guess lads 

👍👍

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, RENE said:

:spoton:

Daveandal

Has to be an age thing but nothing will surpass 1998.

I still get tingles thinking of it. The bus back from Celtic Park... People on the streets welcoming back fans far less the team.... the players on top on the coach as I sipped a warm can of Tennants.

All the years of hurt... the pure release of pleasure and beating a Rangers team that had dominated Scottish football for a decade.

98 might never be surpassed.........

Unless we win it this year beating Rangers and Celtic.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Has to be an age thing but nothing will surpass 1998.

I still get tingles thinking of it. The bus back from Celtic Park... People on the streets welcoming back fans far less the team.... the players on top on the coach as I sipped a warm can of Tennants.

All the years of hurt... the pure release of pleasure and beating a Rangers team that had dominated Scottish football for a decade.

98 might never be surpassed.........

Unless we win it this year beating Rangers and Celtic.

Never seen so many grown men crying, whole day was on a scale I didn’t think was possible. Will take it to my grave ♥️ 

gnasher75

77 seats dotted about including lots of single seats.

90 cracking seats in H5 and H6.

Presumably the rest of H6 could go on sale if there is demand.

Des Lynam
25 minutes ago, RENE said:

I agree. 

It was an incredible day, weekend and week. 

Gorgierools
15 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

John Findlay Is the navy.

Rum Bum and Backy all run through his veins🤣🤣🤣. I'm an ex Crab so I'm biased. 

EH11 2NL
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

From Celtic equalising to the final whistle is possibly my favourite few moments as a Hearts fan. Absolutely unreal, undescribable. From the feeling of 'here we go, everyone can see a Celtic winner coming'. To the bedlam of our penalty and the agonising wait for the FT whistle. All this knowing it was the vermin waiting in the final, and every single Hibs ***** on the planet in that moment was shiting it. Glorious. 

Philfigo

Hope everyone's behaviour is good as with alot of local community junior clubs getting tickets via the Big Hearts Community fundraising there are going to be some that have never been to a match or do not support Hearts so people will need to lay off the abuse if they are not jumping for joy. Hopefully there will be a few more Jambos created on the day by some that are attending for thr 1st time.

Edited by Philfigo

1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

Hope everyone's behaviour is good as with alot of local community junior clubs getting tickets via the Big Hearts Community fundraising there are going to be some that have never been to a match or do not support Hearts so people will need to lay off the abuse if they are not jumping for joy. Hopefully there will be a few more Jambos created on the day by some that are attending for thr 1st time.

People can become fans of clubs in the weirdest of ways, hopefully able to do exactly as you say! :) 

rambothejambo
32 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

John Findlay Is the navy.

Only because he couldn’t get in the Royal Marines 😚

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
3 minutes ago, rambothejambo said:

Only because he couldn’t get in the Royal Marines 😚

image.jpeg.9bade46543407872820c0b79ae265a9b.jpeg

PaddysBar
12 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

From Celtic equalising to the final whistle is possibly my favourite few moments as a Hearts fan. Absolutely unreal, undescribable. From the feeling of 'here we go, everyone can see a Celtic winner coming'. To the bedlam of our penalty and the agonising wait for the FT whistle. All this knowing it was the vermin waiting in the final, and every single Hibs ***** on the planet in that moment was shiting it. Glorious. 

That semi was basically destiny. I knew we were winning the game. 

I felt zero nerves. I can’t say the same in the run up to the final.

I was a bag of nerves for basically a month before it. 

I calmed down slightly with about two weeks to go after a colleague bumped into Andy Driver and a few other players in tiger lily and Driver assured my workmate there was no way the Hearts players would lose the final. 

Cameronstheman

Thought i was on the best semi final thread for a moment 

EH11 2NL
1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

That semi was basically destiny. I knew we were winning the game. 

I felt zero nerves. I can’t say the same in the run up to the final.

I was a bag of nerves for basically a month before it. 

I calmed down slightly with about two weeks to go after a colleague bumped into Andy Driver and a few other players in tiger lily and Driver assured my workmate there was no way the Hearts players would lose the final. 

Complete opposite from me mate, bricking it during the last 20 minutes of the semi. Was so confident we'd beat Hibs, think we'd done them 3 times that season already, queue the famous Paulo quote! 

dc-jambo

But am wondering- how come we held back the posh seats, this time? Am thinking the financial agreement with the SFA must have encouraged this. For example, we agreed to recompense them at a flat rate, as an average of concessions, adults, cheap seat and dear ones?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yeah, agree with that.  We'd never beaten Rangers under JJ, and so didn't  expect to in the Cup Final either - until a tiny wee glimmer of hope emerged when the news broke that ALbertz & Gazza wouldn't be playing. 

In 2012, we expected to win .... with just that tiny wee bit trepidation that we might not.  😏 

We beat them 3 nothing away when Allan Johnson scored a HT in January and 2-0 in April 96 too under JJ.