Great Times Being A Jambo Right Now

Cameronstheman

davemclaren
1 minute ago, DalryJambo said:

Everything is trending positively for the mid to long term and I defy any moaning kickback fan not to acknowledge that fact.

Brave man. 🥸

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Watt-Zeefuik

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

It's not really semantics. Some are happy just to reach a final and see it as an achievement. I don't. 

Getting to a final is an achievement but winning it is a far bigger one imo.  

DalryJambo
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Brave man. 🥸

I'm expecting a roasting! Bring it on!! It's interesting to understand areas that people feel we're performing badly. 

Edited by DalryJambo

DalryJambo
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Brave man. 🥸

Also, if people want to be controversially negative I'm happy to be controversially positive! 

8 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

Once people can't moan about losing, they expect us to win every game 4 nil. It's just a shame thats not how sport works. 

People with this attitude basically find a reason to moan about anything. If we start winning most games 4 - nil, they'll moan about only drawing with the old firm or not winning every game in European group stages or something equally ridiculous.

I'm in my mid 40s and this is the first time in that entire time we're genuinely stable accross almost every aspect of the club. Ownership model is solid and positive. Financially results are good and slowly but surely improving year on year. The squad is good to very good in most positions for our budget. During the summer its looking like trying to improve in 1 or 2 key positions and cover a bit of squad depth if people leave (no massive rebuild). In terms of the stadium investment its been at unprecedented levels and we're left with looking at what can be improved/refined rather than what needs to be fixed before it's completely redundant.

People tend to get to fixated on the minor details like a bad pass, bad individual performance, bad team performance, the odd defeat or a short spell of poor form, rather than looking at the big picture.

Everything is trending positively for the mid to long term and I defy any moaning kickback fan not to acknowledge that fact.

It is like you read my mind . Great post 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, DalryJambo said:

Also, if people want to be controversially negative I'm happy to be controversially positive! 

🤣

soonbe110
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sadly one of the Gruesome Twosome are usually in. 🥸

The big bad wolf😩

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, effective, I’d agree.  
Agree with most of your comments. Kent has been the difference this season.  Need an entire midfield in summer if Beni goes. Only Hof left that’s any use if we want to progress.  Youngsters still largely unproven. 

Agreed.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, effective, I’d agree.  
Agree with most of your comments. Kent has been the difference this season.  Need an entire midfield in summer if Beni goes. Only Hof left that’s any use if we want to progress.  Youngsters still largely unproven. 

Midfield comments I'd agree with. Add in the Shankland scenario and any potential transfer fee, we're likely to have a few million to spend if we wish...could be exciting.

soonbe110
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Midfield comments I'd agree with. Add in the Shankland scenario and any potential transfer fee, we're likely to have a few million to spend if we wish...could be exciting.

Hopefully it’s a really exciting summer and we sign at least 4/5 at a higher level than what we currently have. 

karipidis
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Newsflash.... Scottish football is boring!

It is horse shite.

Tbh, we are an effective team. 

We win more away from home and more games than we did under Bob, that imo is good. 

We aren't quite as attacking imo,  but it is what it is.

Results are what matters and if we can build further then we are going in the right direction. 

I don't actually think that much has changed,  we are better defensively but not quite as good attacking wise and our approach is generally the same, we just have a bit more steadiness about us and are better defensively. 

Losing Beni and Shankland will take some replacing in the summer tho.

I do agree with the above, but I think the way we play now is much more likely to get results against the Old Firm and also perform much better in Europe than we did under Neilson. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

It's not really semantics. Some are happy just to reach a final and see it as an achievement. I don't. 

No one has ever said they'd be happy  just to reach a final and get beat. 

Everyone would be happier to win it.

Getting  to the final is better than a sf tho. Getting to a semi final is better than ....

Getting to this final certainly would be an achievement given our record v Rangers at Hampden. 

Winning it would be a bigger achievement.

28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No one has ever said they'd be happy  just to reach a final and get beat. 

Everyone would be happier to win it.

Getting  to the final is better than a sf tho. Getting to a semi final is better than ....

Getting to this final certainly would be an achievement given our record v Rangers at Hampden. 

Winning it would be a bigger achievement.

I never said they are happy to get beat. Nice attempt at twisting my words, but it's another fail on your part. 

Watt-Zeefuik

I find this era to be entirely too boring.

The bracing times of the past were much more exciting. Will we make it out of the second tier! Will we go bust! Will Tynecastle be razed! Will we end up as collateral with bogus valuations on a crazy banker's balance sheet so he can afford his own submarine! Up and down the table, 2nd then 10th then 3rd then relegation then back up again. Exciting times!

Now it's just trip to Hampden after trip to Hampden. Third, fourth, third, humping Hibs over and over and over again. Playing far off teams with weird names like "PAOK" and "Baseksehir." Snore.

gordon simpson
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

The bracing times of the past were much more exciting. Will we make it out of the second tier! Will we go bust! Will Tynecastle be razed! Will we end up as collateral with bogus valuations on a crazy banker's balance sheet so he can afford his own submarine! Up and down the table, 2nd then 10th then 3rd then relegation then back up again. Exciting times!

Now it's just trip to Hampden after trip to Hampden. Third, fourth, third, humping Hibs over and over and over again. Playing far off teams with weird names like "PAOK" and "Baseksehir." Snore.

great post . All my years following our great club this is by far the best and most stable we have been 

Cruickie's Moustache
11 hours ago, Sir PH said:

We're the 3rd biggest club in the country. More often than not, semi finals should be the absolute minimum, if we avoid the Old Firm in the earlier rounds. 

I think that is exactly what I said.

Each and every season at least 3rd and two semis.

If we do better then , hoorah!

innerjambo

I'm optimistic for the first time in a very long while. Some of our performances should rightly be best forgotten, but as Naismith says, it's a gradual progression, and one that will need time.

Transfer windows are crucial to improving the squad, and these windows should be heavily scrutinised, and rightly so. The next summer window will be huge for us, we must progress with quality signings. 

Edited by innerjambo

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, Sir PH said:

I never said they are happy to get beat. Nice attempt at twisting my words, but it's another fail on your part. 

Maybe they're happy to reach a final because if it is not a butt cheek then we will probably win it; if it is a butt cheek then we have probably secured GS Euro Football these days, but regardless of that, we still can beat whatever opposition we face

Shaggy2

I’m happy but someone wants to tell quite a few that were around me last night. Not a single player apart from maybe Gordon and Shankland escaped abuse for being utter shite. Dexter, Devlin, Beni and Grant got it the worst. 

Ricardo Quaresma
30 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m happy but someone wants to tell quite a few that were around me last night. Not a single player apart from maybe Gordon and Shankland escaped abuse for being utter shite. Dexter, Devlin, Beni and Grant got it the worst. 

Beni and Devlin got better as the game went on, I think, great driving run from the former when, going by what we've seen since he came back at the start of the Season, was a very pleasant surprise

Don't get the negativity on Dexter, couple of stray balls; him and Sibbick are a pretty fluid combination on the right, as they showed against the green cheek

We were playing Morton, not Barcelona

Grant wasn't very good and the sad thing is that this was pretty predictable for this type of game; gave them the ball needlessly a few times, with poor concentration and awareness; he doesn't look like he practices enough to do what he's supposed to and tries to pass too quickly to get rid of the ball sometimes, particularly in tight situations with 3 or more opposition players near

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

I think that is exactly what I said.

Each and every season at least 3rd and two semis.

If we do better then , hoorah!

We're bigger than Hibs and Aberdeen by roughly the same percentage that Celtic are bigger than Rangers.

Some years we'll hit the OF before the semis. And some years we'll just have a bad day at the office.

At least 4th and one semi per year seems a reasonable floor to me.

Brick Tamland
3 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

:oohmatron:You can get treatment for that now. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

22 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

4 posts in....

Why would you leave if a game is 0-0 after 10 minutes?

Very strange,  was it your first ever game?

Joined 11 years ago, 244 posts, never bothered responding to those who questioned him.  Draw your own conclusions!

Edited by RobNox

13 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Absolutely boring!

I long for the days when we could look forward to 10-12 new signings every transfer window.  Some of our current players have been here for several seasons, why haven't we punted them yet?

They're just blocking the pathway for new exciting "project" players who we'd never have been able to afford if they hadn't encountered serious injuries or weren't just looking to top up their pensions.

Oda be a JT
23 hours ago, ecky92 said:

Really? I was bored shitless watching that last night and ready to leave after 10 mins. 

Drops a grenade in the room and vanishes?! 

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Nope.

If we get to the final and don't win it, then clearly we've been beat.

I then refer you to your original comment-

"Some are happy to JUST reach a final" and see it a an achievement"

As I said, no one is ever happy getting beat in a final or ever said that on here, therefor you are making up stuff that even you don't seem to understand. 

If you meant folk are happy getting to a final and not getting beat, and then by default winning said final then what was the point in your post?

DalryJambo
19 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

Once people can't moan about losing, they expect us to win every game 4 nil. It's just a shame thats not how sport works. 

People with this attitude basically find a reason to moan about anything. If we start winning most games 4 - nil, they'll moan about only drawing with the old firm or not winning every game in European group stages or something equally ridiculous.

I'm in my mid 40s and this is the first time in that entire time we're genuinely stable accross almost every aspect of the club. Ownership model is solid and positive. Financially results are good and slowly but surely improving year on year. The squad is good to very good in most positions for our budget. During the summer its looking like trying to improve in 1 or 2 key positions and cover a bit of squad depth if people leave (no massive rebuild). In terms of the stadium investment its been at unprecedented levels and we're left with looking at what can be improved/refined rather than what needs to be fixed before it's completely redundant.

People tend to get to fixated on the minor details like a bad pass, bad individual performance, bad team performance, the odd defeat or a short spell of poor form, rather than looking at the big picture.

I should also have said, this has all been achieved without accruing massive debt.  Any previous stadium project was going to require a multi million £ development, most likely to have been borrowed from a bank or 'loaned' to us by an investor.

To have done everything we have and to be virtually debt free is remarkable.

Shaggy2
8 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Beni and Devlin got better as the game went on, I think, great driving run from the former when, going by what we've seen since he came back at the start of the Season, was a very pleasant surprise

Don't get the negativity on Dexter, couple of stray balls; him and Sibbick are a pretty fluid combination on the right, as they showed against the green cheek

We were playing Morton, not Barcelona

Grant wasn't very good and the sad thing is that this was pretty predictable for this type of game; gave them the ball needlessly a few times, with poor concentration and awareness; he doesn't look like he practices enough to do what he's supposed to and tries to pass too quickly to get rid of the ball sometimes, particularly in tight situations with 3 or more opposition players near

I agree. The longer Monday went on the more Hearts were in complete control. I actually thought Devlin was really good and unlucky not to score. 👍

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nope.

As I said, no one is ever happy getting beat in a final or ever said that on here, therefor you are making up stuff that even you don't seem to understand. 

If you meant folk are happy getting to a final and not getting beat, and then by default winning said final then what was the point in your post?

Thanks for quoting me and pointing that I never said some are happy to get beat.👍

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nope.

We've only made 17 Scottish cup finals in 150 years so it has to be some sort of achievement.  I know how nervous I get when our city neighbours get to a final so hopefully we 'achieve' similar over there. 😎

TheBigO
16 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Excellent post and my feelings exactly.  Bring back Lenny Sowah, for goodness sake, I miss him and his pals.  Halcyon days.  When we didn't have a new stand to upkeep and all those millions spent on a wimmins team we could afford the likes of Lenny, and let's not forget Danny Amankwaa.  What has become of us?

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We've only made 17 Scottish cup finals in 150 years so it has to be some sort of achievement.  I know how nervous I get when our city neighbours get to a final so hopefully we 'achieve' similar over there. 😎

His post never made sense and I don't think he even believes what he posted, hence the word salad.

56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

With some of the dross that's knocked us out over the years, it's the very opposite of achievement. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Maybe they're happy to reach a final because if it is not a butt cheek then we will probably win it; if it is a butt cheek then we have probably secured GS Euro Football these days, but regardless of that, we still can beat whatever opposition we face

If we just get to the final, then we've not won it and been beat in the final.

No one is happy after being  beat in a final.

Said poster, in his attempt for attention  hasn't worked that out yet.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

With some of the dross that's knocked us out over the years, it's the very opposite of achievement. 

That's how cup competions work. Even Celtic and Rangers get knocked out by 'dross' now and again. Whether you, or I, like it or not we've only achieved 17 cup finals. 

noun
noun: achievement; plural noun: achievements
  1. 1. 
    a thing done successfully with effort, skill, or courage.
    "to reach this stage is a great achievement"

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That's how cup competions work. Even Celtic and Rangers get knocked out by 'dross' now and again. Whether you, or I, like it or not we've only achieved 17 cup finals. 

noun
  1. 1. 

I don't like it, we have massively underachieved. The Old Firm point is irrelevant, considering they've won it about 100 times.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If we just get to the final, then we've not won it and been beat in the final.

No one is happy after being  beat in a final.

Said poster, in his attempt for attention  hasn't worked that out yet.

You're nearly getting it. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I don't like it, we have massively underachieved. The Old Firm point is irrelevant, considering they've won it about 100 times.

I imagine knocking out one of the old firm is a bigger achievement for 'dross teams' than knocking out Hearts.

You could argue that the Hearts team that most underachieved in the Scottish cup is the one in the 50s and early 60s given the league positions we had.  They only won it once!

Kev1998

In the semi we've got to compete surely this time.the safety safety approach hasn't worked against the rangers (and please don't quote  ibrox 1-0 in front with 5 mins to go) that was a one off.time to go out and attack them.if we end up losing at least we had a crack.

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

noun
  1. 1. 

We were winning leagues and league cups during that period. So hardly underachieving. 

davemclaren
Just now, Sir PH said:

We were winning leagues and league cups during that period. So hardly underachieving. 

In the Scottish Cup I could argue we were. Must have been knocked out by dross. 

Jim Panzee
21 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

👏 👏 👏

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In the Scottish Cup I could argue we were. Must have been knocked out by dross. 

With the players we had, if we won nothing then yes, it would be seen as underachieving. But we won our fair share.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, RobNox said:

Absolutely boring!

I long for the days when we could look forward to 10-12 new signings every transfer window.  Some of our current players have been here for several seasons, why haven't we punted them yet?

They're just blocking the pathway for new exciting "project" players who we'd never have been able to afford if they hadn't encountered serious injuries or weren't just looking to top up their pensions.

Exactly. And no YouTube highlight videos to watch because the club doesn’t leak rumors like a sieve anymore.

And what makes football exciting? Goals! That’s one thing Joel Perriera could ensure. Now we have not one keeper but two that keep the excitement out.

Jamhammer
On 12/03/2024 at 08:02, ecky92 said:

Really? I was bored shitless watching that last night and ready to leave after 10 mins. 

If you thought that was boring don’t ever watch West Ham 😀

I thought it was a decent cup tie

Both teams going for it

I didn’t think we were gonna score mind you 😀

karipidis
10 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

We're bigger than Hibs and Aberdeen by roughly the same percentage that Celtic are bigger than Rangers.

Some years we'll hit the OF before the semis. And some years we'll just have a bad day at the office.

Other than the Brora disaster, when was the last time we lost a Scottish Cup game outside the Old Firm? 

10 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Apart from stadium capacity, in what way are Celtic bigger than Rangers? 

Vlad Magic
7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Apart from stadium capacity, in what way are Celtic bigger than Rangers? 

Rangers were liquidated.

A sad time in the Sir PH household.

Did you cry yourself to sleep in your Davie Cooper jammies?

14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Rangers were liquidated.

A sad time in the Sir PH household.

Did you cry yourself to sleep in your Davie Cooper jammies?

That was probably humorous in your head.