Great Times Being A Jambo Right Now

Cameronstheman

Vlad Magic
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

That was probably humorous in your head.

Rangers being liquidated is humorous full stop!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Watt-Zeefuik

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Rangers being liquidated is humorous full stop!!

Yeah, I was talking about your post. 

Watt-Zeefuik
43 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Apart from stadium capacity, in what way are Celtic bigger than Rangers? 

Last I checked Celtic’s annual revenue runs an average of 15-20% higher than Rangers and their wage bill is similarly higher.

4 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Last I checked Celtic’s annual revenue runs an average of 15-20% higher than Rangers and their wage bill is similarly higher.

Wage bill? Does that make Manchester City bigger than Arsenal and Liverpool? 

I think Celtic have a greater international following and income . Irish freedom fighter Republicanism is a far more marketable brand than imperialistic British colonialism

The above are just descriptions of the image of both clubs to your average American , Australian or Canadian though . I am not saying that is what I think they genuinely represent 

Boston for example is riddled with plastic Celtic supporters 

Shaggy2
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Other than the Brora disaster, when was the last time we lost a Scottish Cup game outside the Old Firm? 

Motherwell in 2018.

2019 - Celtic (final)

2020 - Celtic (final)

2021 - Brora ****** Rangers 

2022 - Rangers (final)

2023 - Celtic (QF)

2024 - Winners or Aberdeen/Celtic/Rangers

League Cup is similar

since the group stage debacle under Cathro. 4/6 ko’s v the Glasgow mobs. 

2018 - Celtic (SF)

2019 - Rangers (SF)

2020 - Alloa (last 16) 🤦‍♂️

2021 - Celtic (last 16)

2022 - Kilmarnock (last 16)

2023 - Rangers (SF) 

High probability that it will be 9 exits from 12 cup competitions v the wicked welts from the west. Six of those at the “neutral” Hampden Park. 

Keep knocking at the door, Hearts.

🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Wage bill? Does that make Manchester City bigger than Arsenal and Liverpool? 

My dude the post I was responding to was talking about how our bigger wage should ensure that we get at least third every season. We were already talking about wages.

Either calm TF down or **** off to Bear's Den.

2 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

My dude the post I was responding to was talking about how our bigger wage should ensure that we get at least third every season. We were already talking about wages.

3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Who are you, the board's police? 

Bigger wage bill doesn't mean bigger club. Any muppet knows that.

2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Apart from stadium capacity, in what way are Celtic bigger than Rangers? 

Who cares? And why would you? 

Two cheeks of the same arse, Old Friends stitching the game in this country up for themselves. Each as bad as the other. 

Watt-Zeefuik
31 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

No, you have a right to your opinion and so do I, and mine is that you should **** off with this shit of ignoring context and jumping in whenever anyone says something that you [wrongly] interpret as some kind of ding on your beloved Rangers.

When the conversation is *already* about largest wage bills, then "bigger" is referring to the wage bill. Either try to keep up with the conversation and don't jump in on shit you don't understand.

Watt-Zeefuik
34 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

And for what it's worth, this wasn't remotely what I was talking about, but Celtic are absolutely a bigger club than Rangers at this point. Bigger attendances, bigger international fan base, 16 out of 24 league titles this century, 11 big cups vs. 5, 11 league cups vs 6. I don't give a shit between them and want them both relegated and liquidated, but this is a colossally ridiculous point to get hung up on for a Rangers fan, much less a supposed Hearts fan.

30 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Who cares? And why would you? 

Two cheeks of the same arse, Old Friends stitching the game in this country up for themselves. Each as bad as the other. 

Because it was brought up and it's a football forum. If you don't care, that's fine.

10 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

No, you have a right to your opinion and so do I, and mine is that you should **** off with this shit of ignoring context and jumping in whenever anyone says something that you [wrongly] interpret as some kind of ding on your beloved Rangers.

When the conversation is *already* about largest wage bills, then "bigger" is referring to the wage bill. Either try to keep up with the conversation and don't jump in on shit you don't understand.

Not reading that mess. 

4 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

And for what it's worth, this wasn't remotely what I was talking about, but Celtic are absolutely a bigger club than Rangers at this point. Bigger attendances, bigger international fan base, 16 out of 24 league titles this century, 11 big cups vs. 5, 11 league cups vs 6. I don't give a shit between them and want them both relegated and liquidated, but this is a colossally ridiculous point to get hung up on for a Rangers fan, much less a supposed Hearts fan.

Overall trophies.

2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Because it was brought up and it's a football forum. If you don't care, that's fine.

Ok, since it's a point for discussion, by what measure are Rangers bigger than Celtic? 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Not reading that mess. 

Keep practicing, learning to read is hard at first, but eventually you'll be able to do multiple sentences with ease.

Then comes comprehension, which is also hard, but keep at it. Very rewarding.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Overall trophies.

Right, so Queen's Park is a bigger club than Hearts. Got it.

20 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

No, they're not. Attendances would come into it as well. It's patently obvious that Rangers get bigger attendances when there's not much to play for. Celtic were shutting the top tier of Celtic Park when Rangers were bouncing about the lower leagues, and selling out Ibrox.

davemclaren

No, they're not. Attendances would come into it as well. It's patently obvious that Rangers get bigger attendances when there's not much to play for. Celtic were shutting the top tier of Celtic Park when Rangers were bouncing about the lower leagues, and selling out Ibrox.

Biased, not. 😄

boag1874

Rangers were definitely not selling out Ibrox when we were romping the championship over them 

Cameronstheman
6 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Rangers were definitely not selling out Ibrox when we were romping the championship over them 

Correct they even gave us more tickets

Watt-Zeefuik
28 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

moving-goal-posts-field.gif

Watt-Zeefuik
28 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Correct. Some day people will learn how easy it is to look this stuff up.

image.thumb.png.f1933214afd196cfd7290c182f145b7a.png

jamboinglasgow
30 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Motherwell in 2018.

2019 - Celtic (final)

2020 - Celtic (final)

2021 - Brora ****** Rangers 

2022 - Rangers (final)

2023 - Celtic (QF)

2024 - Winners or Aberdeen/Celtic/Rangers

League Cup is similar

since the group stage debacle under Cathro. 4/6 ko’s v the Glasgow mobs. 

2018 - Celtic (SF)

2019 - Rangers (SF)

2020 - Alloa (last 16) 🤦‍♂️

2021 - Celtic (last 16)

2022 - Kilmarnock (last 16)

2023 - Rangers (SF) 

High probability that it will be 9 exits from 12 cup competitions v the wicked welts from the west. Six of those at the “neutral” Hampden Park. 

Keep knocking at the door, Hearts.

🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

Saw a stat that Hearts Standard got from Hearts Heritage, that since the League cup started, there has only been 5 times that Hearts have been in at least the semi final of both competitions in the same season. Three of those have been since 2018/19.

In the last six seasons, out of 12 possible semi finals we have made seven of them, and at least 3 finals (possibly 4 if we beat Rangers.) Considering that includes seasons where we were poor, we are heading in the right direction. Just need to keep pushing to turn semi finals into finals, and finals into winning trophies.

57 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Biased, not. 😄

Same as the others saying Celtic are bigger? 😂

58 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

They sold it out many times. They had an average of 40 odd thousand, sometimes up at the mid 40s.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Sir PH said:

They sold it out many times. They had an average of 40 odd thousand, sometimes up at the mid 40s.

33k mate in 2014-15.

4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Who TF is biased towards Celtic? Objective view of the two fetid stinking corpses.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Probably, there is no single objective measure of club 'size'. 😄

16 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We get it, you support rangers, no big deal. But lying about attendances while simultaneously arguing that attendances don't matter make you look a bit silly

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

That's some argument-

The club bouncing about the lower leagues is bigger because the other club shut down a tier of a stand of their much bigger stadium while they were winning  multiple trebles.

Cracking stuff

It's a difficult platform to argue from, but well done you for attempting a staunch defence.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Such an easy set up and he fell for it.

47 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

33k mate in 2014-15.

Who TF is biased towards Celtic? Objective view of the two fetid stinking corpses.

You just discarding the previous two seasons? That's handy.

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That's some argument-

The club bouncing about the lower leagues is bigger because the other club shut down a tier of a stand of their much bigger stadium while they were winning  multiple trebles.

Cracking stuff

It's a difficult platform to argue from, but well done you for attempting a staunch defence.

I wouldn't expect you of all people to understand it. A bit like the alphabet. 

Watt-Zeefuik
10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You just discarding the previous two seasons? That's handy.

Which one would you like me to look at, the one where Celtic's average attendance was 1k higher than Rangers or 6k higher than Rangers?

Why are you so intent on dying on this hill?  The entire point of the conversation was to show that Celtic are by and large more successful right now in part because their wages are higher and their support is broader and therefore have more resources, so it makes sense that they've won far more trophies recently. However, because they're still relatively close, Rangers will still win trophies.

Similarly, compared to our closest competitors, we will win third more often than not because we're a better resourced club by all of the same metrics, but just as Rangers will likely win the league title this year, there will be years where Aberdeen or possibly even Hibs finish above us and we shouldn't take this as some epic failure just because we're the third most well-resourced club.

No one's insulting the size of your Stetson hat. Take a breather.

By The Light..

To be winning away matches, 9 of them in the league brilliant, and all 3 rounds of the Scottish Cup fantastic!

League

Home Record: 8-4-3, 28 points

Away Record: 9-0-5, 27 points

#HHGH

24 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Which one would you like me to look at, the one where Celtic's average attendance was 1k higher than Rangers or 6k higher than Rangers?

Why are you so intent on dying on this hill?  The entire point of the conversation was to show that Celtic are by and large more successful right now in part because their wages are higher and their support is broader and therefore have more resources, so it makes sense that they've won far more trophies recently. However, because they're still relatively close, Rangers will still win trophies.

Similarly, compared to our closest competitors, we will win third more often than not because we're a better resourced club by all of the same metrics, but just as Rangers will likely win the league title this year, there will be years where Aberdeen or possibly even Hibs finish above us and we shouldn't take this as some epic failure just because we're the third most well-resourced club.

No one's insulting the size of your Stetson hat. Take a breather.

How did they manage that with the top tier being closed? 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

How did they manage that with the top tier being closed? 

You tell me.

2012/2013:

image.thumb.png.15768f38eeb0ad955cb220f1afb6b8b5.png

image.thumb.png.b445a4aa084cd2548c55ac27372bb04e.png

2013/2014:

image.thumb.png.45c034010879c5688c3701d9b200a582.png

image.thumb.png.6b80f6d74e05da17de565f4f9db1a09c.png

Or, I dunno, maybe just move the goalposts again and then make something up to justify continuing this silly argument.

3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

You tell me.

2012/2013:

image.thumb.png.15768f38eeb0ad955cb220f1afb6b8b5.png

image.thumb.png.b445a4aa084cd2548c55ac27372bb04e.png

2013/2014:

image.thumb.png.45c034010879c5688c3701d9b200a582.png

image.thumb.png.6b80f6d74e05da17de565f4f9db1a09c.png

Or, I dunno, maybe just move the goalposts again and then make something up to justify continuing this silly argument.

Not moved any goal posts. Brendan Rodgers first words at his press conference in 2016 was to say that he doesn't want to see anymore tiers shut and he wants fans filling the stadium again. Kris Commons described the empty seats at Celtic Park as a running joke amongst the players and an embarrassment. But hey, you'll know best with your wee table of figures.

Watt-Zeefuik

Not moved any goal posts. Brendan Rodgers first words at his press conference in 2016 was to say that he doesn't want to see anymore tiers shut and he wants fans filling the stadium again. Kris Commons described the empty seats at Celtic Park as a running joke amongst the players and an embarrassment. But hey, you'll know best with your wee table of figures.

Not moved any goal posts?

Look, the whole thread which you butted into was about resources and wages.

You then threw a fit about sizes of clubs, which wasn't under discussion.

But for fun anyway, I pointed out that Rangers are far behind Celtic in success this century.

Then you said, "no it's overall trophies."

I pointed out by that metric Queens Park is bigger than Hearts, which is silly on the face of it because it's bringing in ancient history, which is what you effectively did with the "overall trophies" argument.

Then you said, "no it has to do with attendance."

I said fine, that's really not doing your argument any favors.

Then you brought up the years in the lower leagues.

I actually bothered to look up the numbers and showed that Celtic, while their attendances dipped, were still higher than Rangers. (This is possible because they didn't close the upper tier for every match, and also Parkhead is so big that you can close 10k seats and still easily fit 45k+ spectators.)

Confronted with this, you brought up a non-sequitur Brendan Rodgers quote.

You know what the really stupid thing is? Your argument is basically that Rangers are the same size as Celtic but are so shit at running their club that Celtic have been smacking them around silly for 25 years despite that. It's a MUCH BETTER argument, if you're a Rangers fan, that Celtic have more resources and therefore do better but that Rangers punch above their weight enough to knock them off their perch a bit.

But go on arguing that Rangers are absolute shit at running a football club. I mean, I don't really disagree.

1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Not moved any goal posts?

Look, the whole thread which you butted into was about resources and wages.

You then threw a fit about sizes of clubs, which wasn't under discussion.

But for fun anyway, I pointed out that Rangers are far behind Celtic in success this century.

Then you said, "no it's overall trophies."

I pointed out by that metric Queens Park is bigger than Hearts, which is silly on the face of it because it's bringing in ancient history, which is what you effectively did with the "overall trophies" argument.

Then you said, "no it has to do with attendance."

I said fine, that's really not doing your argument any favors.

Then you brought up the years in the lower leagues.

I actually bothered to look up the numbers and showed that Celtic, while their attendances dipped, were still higher than Rangers. (This is possible because they didn't close the upper tier for every match, and also Parkhead is so big that you can close 10k seats and still easily fit 45k+ spectators.)

Confronted with this, you brought up a non-sequitur Brendan Rodgers quote.

You know what the really stupid thing is? Your argument is basically that Rangers are the same size as Celtic but are so shit at running their club that Celtic have been smacking them around silly for 25 years despite that. It's a MUCH BETTER argument, if you're a Rangers fan, that Celtic have more resources and therefore do better but that Rangers punch above their weight enough to knock them off their perch a bit.

But go on arguing that Rangers are absolute shit at running a football club. I mean, I don't really disagree.

Butted in? You're doing that board policeman thing again. Newsflash - it's not your board and people can post on any thread they like. 

I never read the rest of your (no doubt) drivel.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Sir PH said:

Butted in? You're doing that board policeman thing again. Newsflash - it's not your board and people can post on any thread they like. 

Well that certainly explains your inability to respond to it effectively.

BlueRiver

Gid to be a Jambo the now though eh fellas? 

**** me this board 😂

Vlad Magic
7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You “Sir” have just had your arse handed to you on a plate.

Quit while you are firmly behind and save further embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

You “Sir” have just had your arse handed to you on a plate.

Quit while you are firmly behind and save further embarrassment.

Well, if someone like you says it, it must be true.😂

Vlad Magic

Well, if someone like you says it, it must be true.😂

Truth hurts 🤣

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Correct. Some day people will learn how easy it is to look this stuff up.

image.thumb.png.f1933214afd196cfd7290c182f145b7a.png

Retrofitted with retro-capacity 😁

image1.png

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Not just any people, Hearts Fans that really are Hearts Fans

Are you that rangers fan from last year, that bought a paid subscription but got kicked or hounded out anyway?

If your team isn't Hearts, then you might not get so much stick if you admit it

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

7 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Are you that rangers fan from last year, that bought a paid subscription but got kicked or hounded out anyway?

-

More inane drivel.

17 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

-

:spoton: