• Watt-Zeefuik

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

So much good happening at Hearts and it can  only and will  get better

Lets be honest we could be hibs

Loving it Effing loving it :robboyas:

Well said . Too many Debbie Downers on this forum . Let’s be positive . I was at the Robbo and Mackay talk last week and it’s first time I’ve been inside the Gorgie suite and also was in hospitality at the McLeod suite at the other weekend . They are outstanding additions to the stadium . Then the hotel too . 👍 

Absolutely. Feels like we have another gear or two in the gearbox as well. 

Beni can do what he did at the end last night more regularly. The fullbacks can be more consistent. The young centre-mids are full of promise. When Kenny’s finishing settles down, he will be lethal. Add a fully fit McKay in there as well and we will be in great shape. 

(the Manager is improving all the time as well). 

Good times. 

GinRummy

It's great just now. We have a drive and togetherness that sees us through. 

Really? I was bored shitless watching that last night and ready to leave after 10 mins. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Really? I was bored shitless watching that last night and ready to leave after 10 mins. 

4 posts in....

Why would you leave if a game is 0-0 after 10 minutes?

Very strange,  was it your first ever game?

jbee647
3 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Lucky you, half of the Hearts support didn’t even get in to see the first 10 minutes 

last night was a proper cuptie and exactly the game I expected against a team like Morton away.

it wasn’t oozing quality, but it was definitely not boring 

GinRummy
10 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Where did you go?

karipidis
21 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Always one 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Everything going great both on and off the pitch right now and long may that continue 

Ex member of the SaS
43 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

I tend to give constructive criticism but this is plain silly. Not withstanding the fact you travelled through there on a Monday night but to want to walk away after 10 minutes? Side note I hope this was tongue in cheek and failed to be as funny as you thought.

Yep loving it. Most football supporters spend thier life grumpy. Even the arse cheeks with all thier dominance aren't happy. We must be the happiest fans in Scotland at the moment. Most of the time we're building for the future or farting against  thunder and sometimes you just have to recognise this is the future. It may be fleeting so enjoy it.

On track to get 3rd place and 2 semi finals this season which is pretty good.  We still need confirm 3rd place, and it would be great to get to the final.

Good times. 

I said similar to my mates the week before the Rangers game . I said we were living the good times just now . That nearly changed very quickly when Rangers leathered us . Then we were back up again after the Celtic game . The trick is to not get too up nor too down before anything tangible is achieved 

avhudtheteeshirt

The game last night was always about breaking them down.

They strung 9 players in and around their penalty area with 1 up front.

Over the game we ran them till their legs gave out and we scored.

In cup games its only about getting through, the style is secondary.

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

4 posts in....

Probably nearer to my 1,000th game than my first and I have to agree with him.  Results are great, performances largely boring as 

RustyRightPeg

:troll:

I agree with OP 100%. Really happy at the minute. Harmony throughout the club, the much maligned business ventures are bearing fruit, we have the best striker in the league, we're well on track for one of our best points totals in recent league history and have one of the up and coming managers in the British game. Great times. 

Lambert Simnel

Agreed. Two semi-finals and (likely) 3rd place in the league - would have been pretty happy with that at the start of the season. Only disappointment was not getting to group stage football in Europe, but (a) we weren't ready, and (b) PAOK were just a far better team than us.

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Results are great, performances largely boring as 

And so it begins …………..

Surprised we have not started the great losing the first half of games critique again yet 

gordon simpson
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

4 posts in....

we have a few impatient fans  

Nobreath
51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The trick is to not get too up nor too down before anything tangible is achieved 

That's exactly what Naismith does, seems to work.

3 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

That's exactly what Naismith does, seems to work.

Yeah , I am very impressed with him so far , and did not expect to be 

1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

On track to get 3rd place and 2 semi finals this season which is pretty good.  We still need confirm 3rd place, and it would be great to get to the final.

Good times. 

Not having a dig at you personally, but this "great to reach a final" does my head in. I want to win the final, and then win it next year too. Far too often we go into finals with the "we've done well just to get there" attitude. It drives me insane. It's like something you'd hear from a Falkirk or Dunfermline fan.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Probably nearer to my 1,000th game than my first and I have to agree with him.  Results are great, performances largely boring as 

Newsflash.... Scottish football is boring!

It is horse shite.

Tbh, we are an effective team. 

We win more away from home and more games than we did under Bob, that imo is good. 

We aren't quite as attacking imo,  but it is what it is.

Results are what matters and if we can build further then we are going in the right direction. 

I don't actually think that much has changed,  we are better defensively but not quite as good attacking wise and our approach is generally the same, we just have a bit more steadiness about us and are better defensively. 

Losing Beni and Shankland will take some replacing in the summer tho.

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Surprised we have not started the great losing the first half of games critique again yet 

I'm expecting to see a plane soon.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Everything going great both on and off the pitch right now and long may that continue 

If Ross county beat us everything will be shite again.

Phil D. Corners

Yeah. 

It was mentioned before: Securing third place would be are best average finish over 3 seasons in a long long time. 

I had a look back and third place and money that comes with it has really been shared between teams since the rangers joined the league. So really important to keep finishing third in the next seasons. :wonga:

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Not having a dig at you personally, but this "great to reach a final" does my head in. I want to win the final, and then win it next year too. Far too often we go into finals with the "we've done well just to get there" attitude. It drives me insane. It's like something you'd hear from a Falkirk or Dunfermline fan.

You have to get to a final to win so it is great to get to a final imo.  The more you knock on the door the better chance of getting it answered. 

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'm expecting to see a plane soon.

I am expecting a particular poster to come on soon to give it big kicks about slow starts and performances despite the wins 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You have to get to a final to win so it is great to get to a final imo.  The more you knock on the door the better chance of getting it answered. 

I know that. My point is, we have supporters who are happy to reach the final and that's it. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I know that. My point is, we have supporters who are happy to reach the final and that's it. 

I don't think we have. I can't think there's any Hearts supporters that don't want to win a final. Some just cope with defeats better. 😎

Cruickie's Moustache
12 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Everyone would love a cup win. However it is only possible if we actually get there.

The reality is, if we don't do a Brora, we most probably need to beat one or both of the two cheeks to get into a final.

Therefore, realistically, as I have said many a time, we should start each season with the minimum target of third place, two semis. 

Any finals and a win are a bonus because , as we saw last night, cup games can be tricky regardless of the stage in the competition.

Its a one off day and we either turn up or we don't.

Naismith clearly needs to work on the mental side of how to perfrom at Hampden.

A Euro run is also a bonus that we would all love.

From the financal side of things the monies earned for a run of Euro competitions over a few season can really help us push on to break away from the pack

While 3rd still needs to be secured it looks like we are nearly there.

As such, with two semis in the bag,  I'm given the club top marks for this season.

Yes we all want to kick on , close the gap and win silverware but this is a meduim to long term process.

I believe the club and manager are on the right track.

The only down side I can see at present is how long we can hold onto Shankland and were we source a replacement when he goes.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don't think we have. I can't think there's any Hearts supporters that don't want to win a final. Some just cope with defeats better. 😎

I never said they don't want to win it, of course they do. But reaching a final is seen as an achievement by some, and when looking back on the season you'll get "well we reached a final, that's not bad". Sorry, but unless we win it, it means nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Everyone would love a cup win. However it is only possible if we actually get there.

The reality is, if we don't do a Brora, we most probably need to beat one or both of the two cheeks to get into a final.

Therefore, realistically, as I have said many a time, we should start each season with the minimum target of third place, two semis. 

Any finals and a win are a bonus because , as we saw last night, cup games can be tricky regardless of the stage in the competition.

Its a one off day and we either turn up or we don't.

Naismith clearly needs to work on the mental side of how to perfrom at Hampden.

A Euro run is also a bonus that we would all love.

From the financal side of things the monies earned for a run of Euro competitions over a few season can really help us push on to break away from the pack

While 3rd still needs to be secured it looks like we are nearly there.

As such, with two semis in the bag,  I'm given the club top marks for this season.

Yes we all want to kick on , close the gap and win silverware but this is a meduim to long term process.

I believe the club and manager are on the right track.

The only down side I can see at present is how long we can hold onto Shankland and were we source a replacement when he goes.

We're the 3rd biggest club in the country. More often than not, semi finals should be the absolute minimum, if we avoid the Old Firm in the earlier rounds. 

We are in a good spot, but I've no idea how we can go up another level. It would be nice to cement 3rd more often, but even that will start to lose its big appeal when we lose the automatic group stage place in the coming seasons. 

Even when we are doing so good there was still that sense of dread after the game last night. Wish I was, but I am not looking forward to the semi one bit it will be another recent hampden trip to forget!!

soonbe110
33 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Newsflash.... Scottish football is boring!

It is horse shite.

Tbh, we are an effective team. 

We win more away from home and more games than we did under Bob, that imo is good. 

We aren't quite as attacking imo,  but it is what it is.

Results are what matters and if we can build further then we are going in the right direction. 

I don't actually think that much has changed,  we are better defensively but not quite as good attacking wise and our approach is generally the same, we just have a bit more steadiness about us and are better defensively. 

Losing Beni and Shankland will take some replacing in the summer tho.

Yep, effective, I’d agree.  
Agree with most of your comments. Kent has been the difference this season.  Need an entire midfield in summer if Beni goes. Only Hof left that’s any use if we want to progress.  Youngsters still largely unproven. 

soonbe110
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not if there’s no-one in. 

4 hours ago, ecky92 said:

Are you back at school today ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If Ross county beat us everything will be shite again.

Nope not at all , 

davemclaren
47 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I never said they don't want to win it, of course they do. But reaching a final is seen as an achievement by some, and when looking back on the season you'll get "well we reached a final, that's not bad". Sorry, but unless we win it, it means nothing. 

So finishing third in the league means nothing? We'd be just as happy with 8th?

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not if there’s no-one in. 

Sadly one of the Gruesome Twosome are usually in. 🥸

johnking123

Finishing 3rd , 4th and 3rd again this year would be our bet run of season for years.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So finishing third in the league means nothing? We'd be just as happy with 8th?

Erm, no. It usually guarantees us European football and shows we've performed to a pretty consistent level over the course of an entire season. 

Edited by Sir PH

davemclaren
Just now, Sir PH said:

Erm, no. It guarantees us European football and shows we've performed to a pretty consistent level over the course of an entire season. 

Losing the final to Celtic this season would guarantee us group stage football. 

Benny Klack

Agree with OP

we have a brilliant stadium that is generating revenue, a great manager who will go on to bigger and better things, a foot in group stage European football for the second time in 3 years, the best striker in the league and another Hampden trip on the horizon 

Look at Hibs and Aberdeen then moan about the opening 10 minutes against Morton. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Losing the final to Celtic this season would guarantee us group stage football. 

Aye, as long as it's one of the Old Firm. We're straying from the "happy just to reach a final" point though. 

davemclaren
Just now, Sir PH said:

Aye, as long as it's one of the Old Firm. We're straying from the "happy just to reach a final" point though. 

I think your going around a semantics whirlpool here.  Anyway, there's only one club that that is likely to celebrate just reaching a cup final - the one with the highest proportion of losses in one. 😄 

IMG_4538.png

DalryJambo
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

And so it begins …………..

Once people can't moan about losing, they expect us to win every game 4 nil. It's just a shame thats not how sport works. 

People with this attitude basically find a reason to moan about anything. If we start winning most games 4 - nil, they'll moan about only drawing with the old firm or not winning every game in European group stages or something equally ridiculous.

I'm in my mid 40s and this is the first time in that entire time we're genuinely stable accross almost every aspect of the club. Ownership model is solid and positive. Financially results are good and slowly but surely improving year on year. The squad is good to very good in most positions for our budget. During the summer its looking like trying to improve in 1 or 2 key positions and cover a bit of squad depth if people leave (no massive rebuild). In terms of the stadium investment its been at unprecedented levels and we're left with looking at what can be improved/refined rather than what needs to be fixed before it's completely redundant.

People tend to get to fixated on the minor details like a bad pass, bad individual performance, bad team performance, the odd defeat or a short spell of poor form, rather than looking at the big picture.

Everything is trending positively for the mid to long term and I defy any moaning kickback fan not to acknowledge that fact.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think your going around a semantics whirlpool here.  Anyway, there's only one club that that is likely to celebrate just reaching a cup final - the one with the highest proportion of losses in one. 😄 

IMG_4538.png

It's not really semantics. Some are happy just to reach a final and see it as an achievement. I don't.