Sportscene Highlights

colinmaroon

colinmaroon

Sending off - Clearly a double movement first to the face but then, no attempt to draw the foot away and you can see from the angle of the camera in the Stand, he pushes withe foot again, contacting upper shoulder.  So quick but clearly a red.

PS Wilson, why do they keep using people whose voices grate, totally unsuitable for broadcasting.  Just as bad as vast majority of female commentators.  I didn't know that extreme weegie accent comes under DEI.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• saxondale

• Ricardo Quaresma

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gundermann

Who was the co-commentator? Someone from Celtic TV?

Gundermann

McCann calling out the Yang/ Cochrane challenge correctly. Looked a foul by Yang.

Also, for our pen, the two Celtic defenders are spinning like helicopters. Looks like it hits two Celtic hands.

JudyJudyJudy

Totally impartial . Couldn’t believe  what I was hearing at times . Arseholes . 

Bunny Munro

I'm watching on delay, whoever is doing the co-commentary is an embarrassment.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

McCann calling out the Yang/ Cochrane challenge correctly. Looked a foul by Yang.

Also, for our pen, the two Celtic defenders are spinning like helicopters. Looks like it hits two Celtic hands.

Definitely looked like Yang leaned into Cochrane and came off the worst. 

tiger Rudi

VAR got it wrong for our penalty. Referee got their penalty and yellow card for high boot wrong. 

Did VAR even get involved for the Celtic penalty? If anything, Cochrane was the one being fouled. 

The yellow card was correctly upgraded to a red. Studs in the face, Cochrane could have got a sore one. He didn't intentionally kick him in the face, but he intentionally raised his boot that height, thus clearly endangering an opponent. Red card all day long. Can't believe number of pundits who are questioning it tbh. 

colinmaroon

PPS Note difference in decibels from Celtic's disallowed goal and Shanks goal (the onside one).

HMFC 86
3 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Was the same for the pen we got in 2012 in the semi final against sellik but the media ignored that time as well.

wentworth jambo
4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'm watching on delay, whoever is doing the co-commentary is an embarrassment.

The actual commentator is not much better - screaming “It’s offside, it’s offside!” at Shankland’s disallowed goal

I don't understand how a kick to the face couldn't ever not be dangerous.

Edited by Mirror

Horatio Caine
Just now, wentworth jambo said:

The actual commentator is not much better - screaming “It’s offside, it’s offside!” at Shankland’s disallowed goal

I think that may be because, like most of us, the offside decision was a major surprise.

wentworth jambo
Just now, Horatio Caine said:

I think that may be because, like most of us, the offside decision was a major surprise.

Nah - you could sense the joy / relief in the prick’s voice….

1971fozzy

Theirs was never a penalty 

it was a stone waller red card

ours wasn’t a penalty.

so Brenda, GTF.  Greeting like the weirdo victim you are. And you were lucky our goal was offside. Only VAR gave that so VAR wasn’t that bad for you was it. 
I detest that prick 

Lord Montpelier

Both pens soft.

Red was correct call. Might not have been "malice", but was reckless and dangerous

Brendan is a bad loser. 

mscjambo
10 minutes ago, Topper said:

Mark Wilson - clueless

Absolute weapon

Calling offside on our second goal

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Aye maybe he did for their pen but he was quick to talk shite over the red card and our pen.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Topper said:

Mark Wilson - clueless

Thought it was him.  Sounded like Celtic TV.  The Celtic tears and snotters are glorious though.  

Disappointed to hear even McCann going on about no intent on our penalty. Intent is irrelevant under current laws. 

The red card, to be honest I think it should have been a blue card!  But Naismith again spot on in highlighting other players have been getting reds for these types of challenges.  I doubt Brenda was moaning about the St Mirren player getting red for a boot in Hart’s face when Hart’s head was a lot lower than Cochrane’s. 

Jambo in Bathgate
13 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Sending off - Clearly a double movement first to the face but then, no attempt to draw the foot away and you can see from the angle of the camera in the Stand, he pushes withe foot again, contacting upper shoulder.  So quick but clearly a red.

PS Wilson, why do they keep using people whose voices grate, totally unsuitable for broadcasting.  Just as bad as vast majority of female commentators.  I didn't know that extreme weegie accent comes under DEI.

Thought the commentator and summariser were shit. We are so

backward. 

jambo east anglia

I feel Neil McCann is one of the better pundits and is usually the voice of reason when compared to the usual old firm apologists but come on Neil, if you boot someone in the pus at head height it's a red card all day long.

jock _turd

Said on another thread was our pen given for the first or second hand ball ? If it was for the first then I think it is a clear penalty he plays the ball with his arm in an unnatural position.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Theirs was never a penalty 

it was a stone waller red card

ours wasn’t a penalty.

so Brenda, GTF.  Greeting like the weirdo victim you are. And you were lucky our goal was offside. Only VAR gave that so VAR wasn’t that bad for you was it. 
I detest that prick 

Ours was a penalty under the (ridiculous) current hand ball.  Harsh, of course it was but them’s the rules.  

Their’s wasn’t a penalty.

I thought the red was harsh.   Maybe worse than yellow but not as bad as red.  If only we had a blue card …….

merrymac
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ours was a penalty under the (ridiculous) current hand ball.  Harsh, of course it was but them’s the rules.  

Their’s wasn’t a penalty.

I thought the red was harsh.   Maybe worse than yellow but not as bad as red.  If only we had a blue card …….

Celtic will never allow it 🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Was the same for the pen we got in 2012 in the semi final against sellik but the media ignored that time as well.

Neil Lennon's point in 2012 was that it hit 2 Celtic hands but needs to hit THREE for it to be a penalty.  The fact the Celtic equaliser was offside was just completely overlooked in the media back then.  Today, two Celtic hands so I expect Lennon in the studio had the same approach i.e. it takes three hands for a penalty against his team 🙃

merrymac

Commentator Chris Sutton felt the decision was harsh, but Rodgers felt a

'stud to the eye' clearly merited the sending-off. He said after the game:

"The guy's not meaning to do it, but of course if you're taking a stud in the eye, it's dangerous play. It was clearly a red card 

Double standards maybe Brenda🤣🤣

All roads lead to Gorgie

The kick on Cochrane was reckless and downright dangerous. You don't raise your foot that high when so close to another player. The red card was fully justified! Their pen was a foul the other way and ours technically right as things stand but very fortunate. The Shanks disallowed goal I still think he was level with the last man and these tiny margin decisions are ruining the game. 

Ps why didn't they show Hart trying to fight with the fans in the Wheatfield after Grant's pen?

SectionDJambo

In my opinion, definitely a red card. Whether it’s unintentional or not is immaterial. He’s endangered an opponent with a high boot. 
The handball penalty was very similar to the one that Frank Kent conceded at Livingston. Under current rules, it doesn’t matter if it’s intentional. If the hand is outstretched, you run the risk of a penalty being awarded. Rogers would have been more than happy to take those decisions for Celtic. 
The Celtic penalty was very soft, and if checked, not much time taken on it.

If we got a soft, game changing, decision in our favour, against Celtic, every season for the next 20 years, it still wouldn’t even up the number of dodgy decisions they’ve had against us in my lifetime of supporting Hearts. Their real problem is that they, and their cheerleading media, think they should always be the beneficiaries of referees’ decisions, because they’re so used to it.

Ricardo Quaresma
28 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Thought he was Michael Jai White

Benny Klack
28 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Ha ha - that’s what I thought, not even trying to hide their bias 

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Ha ha - that’s what I thought, not even trying to hide their bias 

That was my original thought.  At first I thought BBC had got the Celtic TV coverage for the game.  Did they?

ToadKiller Dog
30 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

It's like the chewing the fat sketch  "interpreting for the old firm neds we have Rab Mcglinchie "

Section Q
27 minutes ago, Mirror said:

I don't understand how a kick to the face couldn't ever not be dangerous.

Remember Nicholson took a sore one the face a few years back. No card if I recall correctly.

kingantti1874

There’s was not a pen. It was a foul against Cochrane and and a dive for which he should have been booked imo. 

The red was spot on.  A red every day of the week and we aren’t even talking about it if it goes against Celtic or Rangers.  See St Mirren v Celtic earlier in season. 

Our penalty, soft but blame the rules.  Celtic have benefitted directly for a few decisions like that across this season.  Rangers even more so.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Remember Nicholson took a sore one the face a few years back. No card if I recall correctly.

The boy Talbot got a ban afterwards

GorgieFifeLife
16 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The kick on Cochrane was reckless and downright dangerous. You don't raise your foot that high when so close to another player. The red card was fully justified! Their pen was a foul the other way and ours technically right as things stand but very fortunate. The Shanks disallowed goal I still think he was level with the last man and these tiny margin decisions are ruining the game. 

Ps why didn't they show Hart trying to fight with the fans in the Wheatfield after Grant's pen?

Hart should have seen red for that.  Had no business being there and could have incited further trouble.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

There’s was not a pen. It was a foul against Cochrane and and a dive for which he should have been booked imo. 

The red was spot on.  A red every day of the week and we aren’t even talking about it if it goes against Celtic or Rangers.  See St Mirren v Celtic earlier in season. 

Our penalty, soft but blame the rules.  Celtic have benefitted directly for a few decisions like that across this season.  Rangers even more so.

Don't think yang's retaining the ball if he stays on his his feet; it looked like he was only interested in the penalty award

BelgeJambo

Dermot Gallagher 'astonished' Hearts weren't awarded penalty - BBC ...

Remember this? Deemed safe

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Hart should have seen red for that.  Had no business being there and could have incited further trouble.

Looked like he maybe went to get the ball back as a ball appeared to get thrown out of the Wheatfield.  No idea how it got in there after the penalty though. 

Australis

I'm surprised var didn't ask the ref to look at the tackle on Tait.

It was a red all day long.

vegas-voss

Here is the thing they are moaning like **** about our pen but if they are given similar two or three times over the remainder of this season they won't bat a ****ing eyelid about it.I always find the irony of what they perceive as injustice ****ing hilarious after what the rest of the clubs have to put up with against them.

Psychedelicropcircle

I’m sure the st liedoon had a player sent off against them the other week with a boot nowhere near that high.

King prawn

Neither were pens

red card all day long

they were bloody lucky Shanks was supposedly offside by a whisker - I’m not convinced even with the lines drawn. 

All in all - feck off Brendan - 4-0 still haunting him 

Thomaso
47 minutes ago, Topper said:

Mark Wilson - clueless

Ex Celtic player! What a surprise! 🤣

Thomaso
6 minutes ago, Australis said:

THIS!!

Jambo in Bathgate
5 minutes ago, Australis said:

That would have been too much to ask! Expecting Celtic to lose 2 players to red cards. 

Thomaso
16 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

That was my original thought.  At first I thought BBC had got the Celtic TV coverage for the game.  Did they?

Thought the same thing!

Always cheated, never defeated.

Get it right round ye ya moaning tramps.

SomethingAboutObua

That Mark Wilson was horrendous, we're used to the biaises but I've not heard punditry that bad for a long time. Did he think he was on Celtic tv