Sportscene Highlights

colinmaroon

Ricardo Quaresma
12 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

😀 Size 20

Im not disputing the call.   Just from another angle his toes are definitely point out.   You just can't see them behind Vickers from that picture.  Must be millimeters offside. 😜   I guess they drew the line from Vickers shoulder and not Scales toes. 

Shankland got a goal in the end so all is good. 

It certainly was very close 👍

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• saxondale

• Ricardo Quaresma

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JamboBoy

Listening to Wilson co-commentate was absolutely horrendous. Dreadful voice and was so biased it was not true. The quality of Sportscene, other than McCann and McFadden, is totally embarrassing. 

wavydavy
1 hour ago, brownkg said:

If the grass lines and the 18 yard line are given as straight then the  offside lines look to me as if they are skewed to the right by at least 10 degrees

Freeze frame a fraction of a second sooner and he will be onside. I wonder if they would use AI to stop the footage at exactly the time the ball is passed which is how it should be done.

wavydavy
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Yep, you are right about the media. Funny how they sit on their hands and remain silent about the trail of hellish refereeing and VAR decisions that go the way of either side of the Old Firm week in, week out. Looking at the decisions he’s moaning about all of them were technically correct.  Now the penalty Celtic got was actually a shocker I notice he didn’t make any comment about that. We’ll see if done powers that be have any balls when it comes to dealing with him.  I think we’ll just hear the carpet being lifted and the sound of the sweeping brush.

Exactly.

wavydavy
2 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Gets away with a yellow as the point of contact is on top of the foot rather than above the ankle. However given the speed of the challenge I imagine a red card would be supported too

If that had been Cammy Devlin making that challenge would it have been a yellow?

Disappointed it wasn’t Charlie ‘Abergreen’ Mulgrew on,  TBH.  Would love to have seen his greetin’ pus telling us that we shouldn’t have Shankland.

merrymac
16 hours ago, JennytheJambo said:

Did a St Mirren player not see red after catching Hart in the face, didn’t see them complaining about that. 

I think that is the one he is talking about here 

upgotheheads
17 hours ago, brownkg said:

as i mentioned earlier and no celtic player's arms not figure in the decision

shanklandoffisdegoal02032024.jpg

You can legally play the ball with your ear, Shankland's right ear is clearly offside.

5 hours ago, saxondale said:

What's the issue with the rule, and what should change?

The rule where a players toe can rule a goal out for offside is wrong. The change I would make is If any part of a players body that a goal can be scored with is onside, the player is onside.

saxondale
11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The rule where a players toe can rule a goal out for offside is wrong. The change I would make is If any part of a players body that a goal can be scored with is onside, the player is onside.

A couple of things wrong with that IMO:

- a toe is part of the foot, and there would be no way to distinguish between the two

- the rule change you suggest will encounter the same issue; with officials drawing a line between defender and the onside body part

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Disappointed it wasn’t Charlie ‘Abergreen’ Mulgrew on,  TBH.  Would love to have seen his greetin’ pus telling us that we shouldn’t have Shankland.

This. He’d be a fuming shaking wreck.  Probably still in a state as I type

12 hours ago, mscjambo said:

We don't have enough cameras in scottish var.

It's a cheap version. In England you'd have 2 more cameras. Not particularly for this call, but our system is simply done on the cheap

A drone high above the pitch could create perfectly symmetrical overlays on the pitch to assist VAR.