Sportscene Highlights

colinmaroon

Madjambo21
46 minutes ago, Mirror said:

I don't understand how a kick to the face couldn't ever not be dangerous.

I think if you are from an older generation this happened all the time and it was a yellow card but rules have changed and now its a yellow.

Not sure how to post but Nicholson got a boot from hell against Livi in the championship and it was only a yellow card

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• saxondale

• Ricardo Quaresma

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie

The highlights again made it look like they had more possession than us. Anyone at the game would know that's not what took place at all. We moved the ball about well and they missed a lot of our clever use of the ball. Thanks again Sportscene!

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

That Mark Wilson was horrendous, we're used to the biaises but I've not heard punditry that bad for a long time. Did he think he was on Celtic tv 

BBC Scotland can certainly wheel them out. It’s just an embarrassment for them, or should be.

No impartial opinion from too many of them. A clear attempt to keep the fans of the cheeks happy.

58 minutes ago, Topper said:

Mark Wilson - clueless

Was pals with his dad in Glasgow. He was a huge celtic fan but a right good lad. His son came over as just a bitter tim

Deevers

Typical BBC Glasgow bias. They’ll all be spewing through there. Excellent.

Fraggle

Strange! When it's non OF teams on the receiving end of these types of penalty decision, its always decried from all angles, that these things even themselves out over the course of the season. Well suck it up butter cups! Thought the punditry was typical howling GBC. Zero mention about the ball hitting not one, but two different Celtic arms. Also, did Brenda pre script his media responses, as they were near enough, word for word, the same between Sky and BBC. He better get hit with a disrepute charge!

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

That Mark Wilson was horrendous, we're used to the biaises but I've not heard punditry that bad for a long time. Did he think he was on Celtic tv 

hear him asking if hof was off for the second goal.  Even though it was headed back by Celtic defender. 

window licking fud doesn’t even know the rules 

Mikey1874
30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ex Celtic player! What a surprise! 🤣

One the Celtic fans hate too.

merrymac
31 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I’m sure the st liedoon had a player sent off against them the other week with a boot nowhere near that high.

See my earlier post Brenda was quoted as saying it was a definite red against St Lie 

the double standards are unbelievable or maybe it’s Celtic dementia 😳

Maiden Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Australis said:

I'm surprised var didn't ask the ref to look at the tackle on Tait.

It was a red all day long.

Thought so too. Shocking challenge

Jim_Duncan

Only incorrect call was the Celtic penalty. The nasty piece of work fouled Cochrane then dived. Obviously been learning from the Japanese guys in the team.

Ricardo Quaresma
30 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Was that the guy Hartley blootered hard right up the arse at Tynie? :rofl:

Jim_Duncan

BBC Scotland's coverage of Scottish football is worse than what you would get if you just asked a bunch of sixth year high school media studies lads a camcorder and asked them to make a TV programme.

Their dislike of HMFC actually gets me hard.

Horatio Caine
31 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The highlights again made it look like they had more possession than us. Anyone at the game would know that's not what took place at all. We moved the ball about well and they missed a lot of our clever use of the ball. Thanks again Sportscene!

I thought the same. We pressed them relentlessly throughout but you would never have thought that from their 'highlights'.

Edited by Horatio Caine

1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

McCann calling out the Yang/ Cochrane challenge correctly. Looked a foul by Yang.

Also, for our pen, the two Celtic defenders are spinning like helicopters. Looks like it hits two Celtic hands.

I can't be bothered checking the names of their players, the guy charging in doesn't head the ball, it comes of his arm onto the arm of the second Celtic player. The media and Celtic are bleating on about the second handball without looking at, or deliberately ignoring, the first, it's a penalty.

Their penalty is so soft it's ridiculous.

Fozzyonthefence
36 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

They did just - 48% Hearts, 52% Celtic. 

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

I thought the same. We pressed them relentlessly throughout buy you would never have thought that from their 'highlights'.

From what I've seen and heard of all the coverage today I keep having to check that we did in fact win the game, because that seems to be a complete side-story.

I've just watched the highlights, having been at the game. How Wilson can describe the red card as an 'outrageous decision' is laughable. It's a red card every day of the week - it's highly reckless. The Celtic penalty is also every bit as soft as the one we were awarded.

Diadora Van Basten

I was just pleased it wasn’t us moaning about injustice and bad refereeing for once.

The interview with Brendan Rodgers took up about as much time as the highlights. It was funny as he claimed he doesn’t like to complain about the officials then spent the next five minutes moaning about the officials.

Also why did they not use the studio and show highlights of the other games tonight. It reminded me of Rugby special from the 90s at the end with the pitch side interview between Watson and McCann.

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They did just - 48% Hearts, 52% Celtic. 

Think we were maybe slightly  ahead until our 2nd goal, then we set up to hit them on the break.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

BBC Scotland's coverage of Scottish football is worse than what you would get if you just asked a bunch of sixth year high school media studies lads a camcorder and asked them to make a TV programme.

Their dislike of HMFC actually gets me hard.

They know we know they're garbage sycophants

But it's because we know this that makes them snide all the time

I wonder if we'll ever force the deserved respect out of them; maybe next year

Horatio Caine

Wonder how long it will be before Celtic 'demand' a meeting with the refs boss.

feedthefox

53 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Neither were pens

red card all day long

they were bloody lucky Shanks was supposedly offside by a whisker - I’m not convinced even with the lines drawn. 

All in all - feck off Brendan - 4-0 still haunting him 

Pretty much agree with King prawn, the red yes, their pen maybe just and ours not for me.

I used to think Brother Beaton was the worst ref in the league but I'm rather warming to him now.

Edited by feedthefox

gordiegords

Listening to Wilson was an absolute joke who asked for him? Never want to hear his Celticy voice every again, 

both pens were soft, red all day long don’t care if he meant it or not, it’s studs high in the puss ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😆

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Mirror said:

I don't understand how a kick to the face couldn't ever not be dangerous.

If the ball had been a couple of feet lower and Cochrane had been stooping low to head it, it would have been a free kick to celtic for Cochrane endangering himself!  At the height the ball was actually at though, it's a free kick to us even if there hadn't quite been contact, and a definite red given he kicked Cochrane in the face!

Section Q
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Not even a yellow if memory serves me right 🤣🤣🤣AB6DF820-91A9-4123-8DB2-C72E670EE5F7.thumb.jpeg.3ecbdea4cff2326e0a68155e24eb2c62.jpeg

They breed 'em tough in Penicuik.........!

Groatallar

At the game I thought it was a harsh red card. I then saw it in the pub and thought jeezo that's a red all day long. The question we should be asking is why yet again does a ref shit his pants in giving a Celtic player a red card and needs VAR to overturn his ahem error!

brownkg
4 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Why didn't we get all the weekends goals tonight?

ebc glasgow in mourning:robboyas:

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Thought the commentator and summariser were shit. We are so

backward. 

They were spewing. Mark Wilson summarising and only interested in Celtic. 

Doc Rob

Astonished by Neil McCann saying it wasn’t a red card! Seriously Neil, he kicks Cochrane in the face. You raise your boot that high, you’re taking a serious risk. If one of our players did that to a Celtic player, he’d have had a straight red, no argument, do not pass Go. OF players are immune from this, as we all know, but once the ref had to review the VAR he had to upgrade it. That’s how clear-cut a decision it was.

jamborich
2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Absolute weapon

Calling offside on our second goal

It was offside 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Astonished by Neil McCann saying it wasn’t a red card! Seriously Neil, he kicks Cochrane in the face. You raise your boot that high, you’re taking a serious risk. If one of our players did that to a Celtic player, he’d have had a straight red, no argument, do not pass Go. OF players are immune from this, as we all know, but once the ref had to review the VAR he had to upgrade it. That’s how clear-cut a decision it was.

I was more astonished he didn’t think ours was a penalty.  He’s normally very good but, as with the other pundits today, all they did was go on about intent.  Read up on the laws guys, doesn’t need to be any intent.  If you’re doing an aeroplane impression and it hits you below the sleeve line it’s a penalty.  

Personally I thought a red was harsh too but if the St Mirren guy was a red on Hart then they both are. 

brownkg
3 minutes ago, jamborich said:

It was offside 

the only still shot of the lines drawn on the pitch were at an odd angle compared to the 18yard line instead of sqaure on

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, jamborich said:

It was offside 

He means the second half goal which clearly wasn't offside. As the ball was initially played through Wilson questioned whether it might be offside. 

MrBones

Foul on Tait could easily have been a red yet they didn't show it at all?

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, jamborich said:

It was offside 

No it wasn’t.  Not the one that stood.  Wilson was hoping it was.  Nae luck Mark!

Our offside one was about an inch offside, if that.  I think next season that isn’t offside though as there’s a rule change.

jamborich
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He means the second half goal which clearly wasn't offside. As the ball was initially played through Wilson questioned whether it might be offside. 

I know what he means chill man your talking about our third goal

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, jamborich said:

I know what he means chill man your talking about our third goal

I must still be pished from Friday, I thought we won 2-0!

Badonde
4 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Foul on Tait could easily have been a red yet they didn't show it at all?

Course they didn’t.  Doesn’t fit their agenda 

hmfcbilly
2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

VAR got it wrong for our penalty. Referee got their penalty and yellow card for high boot wrong. 

Did VAR even get involved for the Celtic penalty? If anything, Cochrane was the one being fouled. 

The yellow card was correctly upgraded to a red. Studs in the face, Cochrane could have got a sore one. He didn't intentionally kick him in the face, but he intentionally raised his boot that height, thus clearly endangering an opponent. Red card all day long. Can't believe number of pundits who are questioning it tbh. 

This all day long. I'm frustrated at the amount of folk who can't see that. Doesn't matter if no malice, the offence still took place🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

jamborich
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I must still be pished from Friday, I thought we won 2-0!

Yep but three in the net

Chuck Berry
2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

The yellow card was correctly upgraded to a red. Studs in the face, Cochrane could have got a sore one. He didn't intentionally kick him in the face, but he intentionally raised his boot that height, thus clearly endangering an opponent. Red card all day long. Can't believe number of pundits who are questioning it tbh. 

This. Intent or force is immaterial, he had his boot head height and it connected with Cochranes head on the way back down! It was endangering an opponent and both Beaton on VAR and Robertson agreed.  There's no debate to be had, I think Boyd on Sky was the only one to say so.

That said both penalties are never penalties, although the standard has been set this season for hand ball (wrongly IMO) so in reality it was always going to be given.

Diadora Van Basten

Anyone else notice the weird pronunciation of Niewinhof.

south morroccan

Steven Naismith is quoted as saying our penalty was soft. He actually said it was correct according to the current handball rules but made clear that he thought these rules were a nonsense. 

As others have said there is also need for dangerous an intentional play to be malicious and so according to the rules of the game the red card was correct.

Rogers claims to have an issue with VAR but VAR applied the laws correctly on both these decisio

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

That said both penalties are never penalties, although the standard has been set this season for hand ball (wrongly IMO) so in reality it was always going to be given.

Wrong.  Ours was a penalty by the letter of the law.  A ridiculous law but the refs have to apply them until someone sees sense and changes them.  I thought it would get given as soon I saw the replay. 

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Wrong.  Ours was a penalty by the letter of the law.  A ridiculous law but the refs have to apply them until someone sees sense and changes them.  I thought it would get given as soon I saw the replay. 

That's what I said.  Our penalty shouldn't be a penalty, not many people in the game would think so, but by the letter of the law and the way it is being applied this season, it IS a penalty.

The handball law is a mess.

Edited by Chuck Berry

thee jambo
5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Anyone else notice the weird pronunciation of Niewinhof.

Yes , sounded like Noddenoff

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Only incorrect call was the Celtic penalty. The nasty piece of work fouled Cochrane then dived. Obviously been learning from the Japanese guys in the team.

Tin hat on here but I thought it was a penalty actually. Love Alex Cochrane but he’s prone to brain farts in his positioning at times that has cost us a few penalties over the last couple of seasons. If he’d gone to the man with the ball originally and let Benny track the runner he wouldn’t have ended up on the wrong side of the player coming through and making it easy for the ref to give the penalty when they came together.

Alls well that ends well though and Zander dug him out.

Still think he’s a cracking player but have seen evidence of these wee things a few times now.

The Wrinkly Ninja

Not sure how anybody can not think that’s a red card. 

Which player, anywhere, across all time, tries to flick a ball that would otherwise drop at your feet while it’s over 5 foot in the air unless you think that an opponent might get their first with his head? 

He knew cochrane was there, he knew cochrane would go with his head and he tried to play it first which endangered cochrane and was reckless.

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Tin hat on here but I thought it was a penalty actually. Love Alex Cochrane but he’s prone to brain farts in his positioning at times that has cost us a few penalties over the last couple of seasons. If he’d gone to the man with the ball originally and let Benny track the runner he wouldn’t have ended up on the wrong side of the player coming through and making it easy for the ref to give the penalty when they came together.

Alls well that ends well though and Zander dug him out.

Still think he’s a cracking player but have seen evidence of these wee things a few times now.

Being out of position isn’t a punishable offence.

Yes, he could have positioned himself to get the ball but there was no foul.