Brenda

neilnunb

10 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Because he knows that Beaton is their fans’ bogeyman. It’s all deliberate  to try to deflect from his team’s shortcomings. 
This is the same lame excuse they used to push during Rangers’ 9 in a row. It was always a conspiracy by the referees. 
I don’t know how they would have coped with some of the decisions I’ve seen given against Hearts in games against Celtic, and Rangers, over the last 50 years.

That's the crux of the matter and why he named Beaton rather than just refer to the VAR, in case any Celtic fans weren't aware of who the VAR was.

He says he'll defend himself rigorously, but he's wasting his time.  They've already kicked out Celtic's appeal against the red card, which was one of Brenda's gripes, so any criticism he made about that decision has been proven to be unfounded.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• Fozzyonthefence

• Sooks

• PortyBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know the show divides opinion on here, but they (specifically Tam Cowan) got tore into him on Off The Ball  earlier today.

Edited by FWJ

No Idle Talk

Brendan Rodgers and all the ex Celts and all the Celtic sycophants in the media have completely embarrassed themselves in the past few days. They were not cheated by officials. They got beat at Tynecastle fair and square.

For some weird reason I have had stuff popping up on my Facebook feed from local Aberdeen newspapers in the past few days and there seems to be an appetite for Neil Lennon to be the next Aberdeen manager. I don't get it. The man is an arse. I have no doubt that if he got the job, Aberdeen would improve in the short term, but it would blow up sooner or later. It always does when Neil Lennon is involved. He is just a provocative character. Controversy follows him wherever he goes. Why would you want that?

Aberdeen fans shock me, honestly. When they signed Scott Brown I thought to myself 'they will never accept him', and they very quickly did. Now it seems a lot of them would be happy to have Neil Lennon as manager. I find that weird. Even if we were struggling massively, facing relegation even, if the Hearts board tried to bring Scott Brown or Neil Lennon in as Hearts manager our fans would openly revolt. They just would not have that. And I totally get it.

Edited by No Idle Talk

PortyBeach
8 hours ago, RobNox said:

They've already kicked out Celtic's appeal against the red card, which was one of Brenda's gripes, so any criticism he made about that decision has been proven to be unfounded.

The dismissal of an appeal doesn’t render that appeal “unfounded”, surely? 

As you’ll be aware, several pundits have agreed with Rodgers that the red card decision was flawed. 
I admire your faith in the SFA’s decision-making process, though…

Classic Brenda, never his or his teams fault.

Remember when we pumped them 4-0 he was blaming the length of the grass.

1 minute ago, casper said:

Classic Brenda, never his or his teams fault.

Remember when we pumped them 4-0 he was blaming the length of the grass.

:lol: oh aye. Typical tim, always cheated, never defeated. 

Daktari
46 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Well worth a read, even if you dont like the DR or click bait, once the food part is over he let's rip at the cheeks.

He dd the same on Off The Ball yesterday.

7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Brendan Rodgers and all the ex Celts and all the Celtic sycophants in the media have completely embarrassed themselves in the past few days. They were not cheated by officials. They got beat at Tynecastle fair and square.

For some weird reason I have had stuff popping up on my Facebook feed from local Aberdeen newspapers in the past few days and there seems to be an appetite for Neil Lennon to be the next Aberdeen manager. I don't get it. The man is an arse. I have no doubt that if he got the job, Aberdeen would improve in the short term, but it would blow up sooner or later. It always does when Neil Lennon is involved. He is just a provocative character. Controversy follows him wherever he goes. Why would you want that?

Aberdeen fans shock me, honestly. When they signed Scott Brown I thought to myself 'they will never accept him', and they very quickly did. Now it seems a lot of them would be happy to have Neil Lennon as manager. I find that weird. Even if we were struggling massively, facing relegation even, if the Hearts board tried to bring Scott Brown or Neil Lennon in as Hearts manager our fans would openly revolt. They just would not have that. And I totally get it.

I am torn over Lennon getting the sheep job . On the one hoof he is a truly shite manager and he could relegate them and lose to us in the cup final . One the other hoof he is a toxic piece of shit who stirs up bigotry and hatred every time he slithers back in to Scottish football 

Turkishcap
4 minutes ago, Daktari said:

He dd the same on Off The Ball yesterday.

Good, we need someone in the media to blast back.

ShedBoy

Love Tam Cowan. Done a few free fundraisers for us when we were rooked. A true fitba’ man. Got bags of time for him. 

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Love Tam Cowan. Done a few free fundraisers for us when we were rooked. A true fitba’ man. Got bags of time for him. 

Yes. Tam was good for us back in those dark days, and seems to be a genuine football fan without a chip on his shoulder.

His broadcasting partner, on the other hand, is a boring blowhard. 

Daktari
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Yes. Tam was good for us back in those dark days, and seems to be a genuine football fan without a chip on his shoulder.

His broadcasting partner, on the other hand, is a boring blowhard. 

Who seems to have something against Hearts. Quite often has wee digs at us, which is starting to get annoying. If Tam Cowan has a week off I don't listen!

Edited by Daktari

17 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Who seems to have something against Hearts. Quite often has wee digs at us, which is starting to get annoying. If Tam Cowan has a week off I don't listen!

That is because he is a pretentious bawbag like his mate Irvine Welsh. A tosser who adheres to style over substance when it comes to football . He appears to think football discussion belongs in fashion magazines rather than football forums

• 3 weeks later...
gnasher75

Brendan can call the refereeing incompetent and get away with a one match ban and back for the Rangers game. Not sure who is running the SFA appeals but that's shocking. And at the same time not a surprise.

9 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Brendan can call the refereeing incompetent and get away with a one match ban and back for the Rangers game. Not sure who is running the SFA appeals but that's shocking. And at the same time not a surprise.

That is shocking and the next time anyone gets censored , Brendan Rodgers needs hauled over the coals as an example 

Deevers

Hilarious - the SFA shown up again for the Old Firm loving complete arseholes that everyone else in the game knows they are. 
Complete cowardice there for anyone to see. Anyone else (apart from someone

from The Rangers) would have been hammered.

If it comes a time that 3rd is sewn up and we don’t have a cup final to play, I’d quite like Naisy to replicate Brenda’s comments as close as possible after a bad referee performance and watch as the biggest heaviest book is thrown at him. 

PortyBeach

BBC report: “Celtic's Brendan Rodgers has been given a one-match touchline ban with another suspended, which means he will not miss the forthcoming Old Firm derby.”

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

What’s not really a surprise is that the SFA approached this with a light touch.

They went through the motions in taking Rodgers to task, but they did so knowing Beaton had maliciously influenced crucial match decisions to Celtic’s detriment and, of course, to Sevco’s advantage.

It’s a mystery just why the SFA decided they needed to pick a fight they really couldn’t win, given they knew Beaton’s actions were corrupt.

They’ll obviously be hoping Rodgers’ “slap on the wrist” will make Celtic go away…

Edited by PortyBeach

No Idle Talk

They likely couldn't be bothered with the outpouring of outrage and conspiracy theories from Celtic fans if they banned him for the freak show. 

One rule for the weedgies, another for everyone else.

SectionDJambo

There is a fear of the institutions of Celtic and Rangers, which is well established within the SFA, Scottish football boardrooms and the Scottish sports media. That fear breeds corruption. 

Most of it is driven by the sectarianism that has, and still gives, both those institutions their power in Scotland. It’s hard to believe that this is 2024 in a country that tries to tell itself that it is a welcoming place for all.

Horatio Caine
38 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Absolute zero consistency 

Ross County boss Stuart Kettlewell handed three-game ban by SFA after criticism of referee John Beaton

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/2533066/ross-county-boss-stuart-kettlewell-handed-three-game-ban-by-sfa-after-criticism-of-referee-john-beaton/

Can Kettlewell appeal that outrageous decision?  Or is it a closed shop?  The SFA should be asked to explain the reasons for the different verdicts.

Hectormasson
On 10/03/2024 at 10:05, Sooks said:

I am torn over Lennon getting the sheep job . On the one hoof he is a truly shite manager and he could relegate them and lose to us in the cup final . One the other hoof he is a toxic piece of shit who stirs up bigotry and hatred every time he slithers back in to Scottish football 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Horatio Caine

Thought this was a thread about Rodgers. Is there not a separate Aberdeen thread?

hereford_hearts
22 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Thought this was a thread about Rodgers. Is there not a separate Aberdeen thread?

It's a direct comparison of same offence, different penalties! 

Horatio Caine
11 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

Ah sorry silly me!

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

which relevant posts caused you concern

Free for all whenever decisions go against clubs then.  Precedent set by a shitty one game ban.  

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Can Kettlewell appeal that outrageous decision?  Or is it a closed shop?  The SFA should be asked to explain the reasons for the different verdicts.

Well he’s no longer County manager so probably **** all he can do tbh. 

Canscot
3 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

I think Kettlewell got sent off. Brendan didn’t. That is what will be used to differentiate the punishments. 

been here before
8 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Absolute zero consistency 

Ross County boss Stuart Kettlewell handed three-game ban by SFA after criticism of referee John Beaton

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/2533066/ross-county-boss-stuart-kettlewell-handed-three-game-ban-by-sfa-after-criticism-of-referee-john-beaton/

Its behind a paywall/subscrption but if you do read it you'll find its actually 5 games Kettlewell was banned for, 2 of which were suspended until the end of the season

The Staggies boss will sit out the next three games, which takes in Rangers at Ibrox on Sunday then Betfred Cup games against Montrose and Arbroath. There will also be a further two matches applied should Kettlewell breach the same rule again before the end of the season.

Edited by been here before

Horatio Caine
6 hours ago, May98 said:

Well he’s no longer County manager so probably **** all he can do tbh. 

Oops! Hadn't realised that was a historical article.

Shooter McGavin

Reckon we’re going to see a lot more of this kind of thing now.

Well done SFA 👏🏻

:facepalm:

jamboozy
9 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

There is a fear of the institutions of Celtic and Rangers, which is well established within the SFA, Scottish football boardrooms and the Scottish sports media. That fear breeds corruption. 

Most of it is driven by the sectarianism that has, and still gives, both those institutions their power in Scotland. It’s hard to believe that this is 2024 in a country that tries to tell itself that it is a welcoming place for all.

Well put, Celtic and thu Rangers both run football in this country through bullying tactics.

dannymack

I urge everyone to watch this film... PLEASE PLEASE DO. 

It's so embarrassing but frustrating too to listen to the absolute GARBAGE spewing out of those horrible lots mouths. 

Gillsland jack

Conveniently forget Kevin 'O Donnell and his antics at Darkheid, the chap Brines sending Takis off at Tynecastle helping Sellick to comeback from 2-0 down and many many more times the refs helped Sellick that I'm not going to waste anymore of my Friday holiday documenting.

Ex member of the SaS

The GFA have bottled it. Benda specifically used the word incompetent the very word that is listed in rule 72. Therefore they should have banned him for four or more. They deliberately waited to hold the tribunal so that it came close to the bigot fest and this allowed them to give a weakened punishment, so as they could say they were not favouring Sevco. I hope every other manager uses this case if and when they get called up.

Deevers
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

The GFA have bottled it. Benda specifically used the word incompetent the very word that is listed in rule 72. Therefore they should have banned him for four or more. They deliberately waited to hold the tribunal so that it came close to the bigot fest and this allowed them to give a weakened punishment, so as they could say they were not favouring Sevco. I hope every other manager uses this case if and when they get called up.

This actually totally espouses exactly what the SFA is all about. They had to cite Rodger’s after his comments. That done they had to ensure that because it was one of the Old Firm who had broken the rules that little or nothing would be handed out in the way of a punishment. They’ll now seek to absolutely hammer the next manager who comments adversely on the competence of a referee - just as long as it’s neither of the arse cheeks. No doubt the compliant media will have little or nothing to say. Just another corrupt day in Scottish Football.

Firefox
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

It's so embarrassing but frustrating too to listen to the absolute GARBAGE spewing out of those horrible lots mouths. 

😂  He should have been wearing a tinfoil hat to present that - a prime example of talking pish about things you don't know about. 

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha……. Where to even begin……… hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

JDK2020
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Erm, no ta. I imagine it will be much like a cardinal talking about the priesthood and saying "nothing to see here"

4 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Erm, no ta. I imagine it will be much like a cardinal talking about the priesthood and saying "nothing to see here"

I got about a quarter of the way through it and was laughing to hard to continue . A fan of any of the other non Old Firm clubs in Scotland will just remember all the incidents that go in favour of Celtic against their own team and rightly dismiss it as the paranoid , idiotic ramblings of a handful of cretins who would not know a conspiracy from an applepine 

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

I thought you were a seasoned JKBer. My only surprise is that this thread hasn't veered off into Independence and trans-gender issues.

dannymack
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

I urge you ! 

Go on ! 

Don't be afraid ! 

Do it ! Do it ! Do it !

Class of 75
5 hours ago, dannymack said:

I take this absolute clown forgets the goings on in 86 and the way they cheated their way to the league title or the sending off at Tynecastle which derailed our campaign in 06? 

Edited by Class of 75