*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***

Scott980612

chrisyboy7
13 hours ago, Dalry said:

Great to put one over Celtic today, loved it. The quietest Celtic away crowd at Tynecastle I've ever heard, clearly the reduced allocation helps enormously.

Pity so many Hearts fans didn't turn up as they didn't fancy our chances today, they missed a great game, and a rare enjoyable experience against that lot at Tynecastle.

Bad kick off time but if there are fans that just didn't fancy it, then fool them eh...we are doing well this year and will hopefully get 70 points 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• pettigrewsstylist

• Sooperstar

Bindy Badgy
14 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

That’s an automatic red card for anyone except an OF player (hence the original booking).

Or Livingston

Wee Mikey
16 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Or Livingston

Ref right on the spot as well.

Hackney Hearts
14 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

SKY Sports will have Dermot Gallagher  rolled out tomorrow to back up Celtic’s claims of injustice. He always backs up decisions that have been in Celtic’s favour. He’ll back up Rodger’s paranoia 

Actually not the case (as I just posted on the Brenda thread):

Dermot Gallagher on Sky's Ref Watch just called all the decisions in Hearts' favour.

Said the Celtic 'penalty' should have been a foul on Cochrane.

Said it WAS a red card.

Said Hearts' penalty was unlucky for the player (we can all see that) but that every incident of this type in Scotland this season has seen a penalty given, so the rules are being applied entirely consistently.

SectionDJambo
15 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Dermot Gallagher on Sky's Ref Watch just called all the decisions in Hearts' favour.

Said it WAS a red card.

Said Hearts' penalty was unlucky for the player (we can all see that) but that every incident of this type in Scotland this season has seen a penalty given, so the rules are being applied entirely consistently.

Well, as Paul Merson would say, I'm shocked.

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Said it WAS a red card.

He’s pretty much spot on imo (except not every similar incident has been given - like the one Hibs didn’t get against Aberdeen and one St Mirren didn’t get against Ross County).  More often than not these are getting given though. 

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

SKY Sports will have Dermot Gallagher  rolled out tomorrow to back up Celtic’s claims of injustice. He always backs up decisions that have been in Celtic’s favour. He’ll back up Rodger’s paranoia 

Usually he does but he said their penalty was a foul to us, the red card was correct and our penalty under the current rules was right too. 

Sorry answered up there 👆 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Dermot came to engerlund at 16 from dublin. He supports Republic of Ireland and was at world cup in 2002. He always backs sellick.

103876083_1216425522022572_6917196402375995788_n.jpg

He also has a fake English accent that he sometimes forgets and speaks in his actual voice 😆

FarmerTweedy
On 03/03/2024 at 16:55, 1874robbo said:

Like I said on other posts 

not the first time cochrane has made challenges like that and if he missed this time fair enough but he’ll get caught out soon enough 

He didn't even make a challenge, he was running towards the ball, as was the celtic player, and before either of them got there, the celtic player just threw himself sideways into Cochrane and fell to the ground.

On 03/03/2024 at 16:53, 1874robbo said:

I’ve not seen it back but from my view in section A it looked a pen 

Can only assume you were in the toilets at the time! 

Watched the full game on Sky last night. Re Celtic penalty, no one seems to be mentioning the ball hitting Johnston’s arm which hit it onto iwata. I would give the penalty due to Johnston. 

johnking123
11 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Watched the full game on Sky last night. Re Celtic penalty, no one seems to be mentioning the ball hitting Johnston’s arm which hit it onto iwata. I would give the penalty due to Johnston. 

It's the bit I don't get. He gives Kingsley a we shove and ball hits his arm in the process.  That is the real hand ball.

Gorgierools
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

It's the bit I don't get. He gives Kingsley a we shove and ball hits his arm in the process.  That is the real hand ball.

Can't be true, Brenda said that he was the one that pushed 🤔

Edited by Gorgierools

4 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

Hearts celebrations after Lawrence Shankland goal vs Celtic

Someone less than pleased in that pic ???

He must've dropped his kebab pie, devastated.   

To be fair maybe he's went crazy at Shankland's first goal disallowed , thought he'd wait until kickoff before celebrating again. 

I immediately thought it's a Celtic fan to be honest. 

leginten
14 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

He didn't even make a challenge, he was running towards the ball, as was the celtic player, and before either of them got there, the celtic player just threw himself sideways into Cochrane and fell to the ground.

Can only assume you were in the toilets at the time! 

This is correct. From the Gorgie end it was as clear a foul on Cochrane as you’ll ever see.

On 03/03/2024 at 16:53, 1874robbo said:

I’ve not seen it back but from my view in section A it looked a pen 

That wouldn't be the best angle to see it.   From the Gorgie end SkyS camera you can see Yang foul Cochrane.   I could see it from Section G, which gave me a good angle to see the foul much further away.   

No idea what Robertson saw. 

periodictabledancer
7 hours ago, Baxfee said:

A poster on here mentioned the two handballs. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Celtic people still going radge about the decisions - even though actually it was their penalty that was suspect.

rodgers needed an excuse for the poor performance 

Gorgierools
5 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Also, Brenda mentioned the nudge before the hand ball. Reality is,it was Johnstone that nudged Iwata, not Kingsley.

Spellczech
On 03/03/2024 at 21:48, SectionDJambo said:

Same reason you can only do a bicycle kick when there is no danger of taking someone's head off...

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

Celtic people still going radge about the decisions - even though actually it was their penalty that was suspect.

rodgers needed an excuse for the poor performance 

Yip, their pk was the worse of the lot.

It was a ****ing foul on Cochrane and not even a review!

PortyBeach
On 03/03/2024 at 20:57, hm123fc said:

Regarding the red card:

Serious Foul Play: A red card is issued for actions that constitute serious foul play. This includes tackles that are reckless, involve excessive force, or endanger the safety of an opponent.

The first reason is debatable, the second definitely not excessive force but the third reason is 100% endangering the safety of an opponent. Therefore, correct decision is red card.

Did the raised boot “endanger” Cochrane’s safety? Was the actual contact that serious?
Was it any more dangerous than a reckless clash of heads?

There’s no doubt a high boot has the potential to “endanger safety” - but surely other factors such as excessive force and obvious malice must be taken into account? 

And looking at the incident again, can we say with certainty that there was intent to harm?

The match referee obviously thought there was no such intent.
Why did Beaton as VAR call it otherwise?

IMG_0252.jpeg

tiger Rudi
3 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Did the raised boot “endanger” Cochrane’s safety? Was the actual contact that serious?

There’s no doubt a high boot has the potential to “endanger safety” - but surely other factors such as excessive force and obvious malice must be taken into account? 

And looking at the incident again, can we say with certainty that there was intent to harm?

IMG_0252.jpeg

The possibility of endangering an opponent is enough. Swing a punch at somebody and miss, is still a sending off. Players have been sent off for playing the ball first and following through to make contact. 

In this instance Cochrane is in his line of vision and he still raises foot studs showing into Cochrane's face. No damage done, but that's down to luck tbh. If Cochrane had really went in to head the ball, which he was entitled to do, the end result could have been much worse. 

I suppose the point I'm making is that just because no real damage was done, doesn't mean it wasn't a red. He didn't mean to hit his face, but he did mean to raise his boot that high. Definitely reckless. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

IMG_0252.jpeg

Intent was taken out of the rules 30 years ago, Dermot Gallagher said it was a red card, he knows better than we do. The game has changed, why folk can’t grasp that, especially pundits and ex players, is quite scary. 
PS why didn’t Beaton get Robertson to look at the 1st penalty which was a foul to us?

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Tynecastle Valhalla
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, their pk was the worse of the lot.

It was a ****ing foul on Cochrane and not even a review!

agreed

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

IMG_0252.jpeg

Rules of the game. The thing FIFA who run football do. Actually specifically mentioned kicking someone in face is a red card. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

IMG_0252.jpeg

The match referee obviously agreed with Beaton because he changed his initial decision after seeing a replay of it.  A point often lost on people - the referee only gets to see it once in real time, in the VAR room they get to see numerous replays and different angles. 

And whether or not there was intent to harm is completely irrelevant.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Did the raised boot “endanger” Cochrane’s safety?

Yes.

Was the actual contact that serious?

No, but only because Cochrane didn't take a spike in the eye.

Absolutely, metal spikes involved.

Obvious malice is irrelevant to adjudicating it as a red.

Doesn't matter.

Because it's a ****ing stick-on red.

henrysmithsgloves
23 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

IT WASN'T A FOUL🤔🤣🤣

c483f911-236a-4f42-9fa4-06c40348d052.jpg

On 05/03/2024 at 06:25, Baxfee said:

Should be a penalty award against this loathsome individual for having that face inside the box as it's putting off opponents. 😂

An absolute prick of a man, a wannabe hard-man that can't take it back. Glad Tait got the last word on that by dumping him on his arse.

jamboinglasgow

This is the maddest Celtic take of the game, and thats saying something

6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was going to post that. Its fecking lovely to see how they are still hurting. Even my celtic supporting mate down here (in Somerset) hasn't spoken to me. 

Jambo in Bathgate
59 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Was going to post that. Its fecking lovely to see how they are still hurting. Even my celtic supporting mate down here (in Somerset) hasn't spoken to me. 

Another Celtic supporter in Somerset! I met one managing a hotel! Pure glory hunter! That was the quietist Celtic support at Tynecastle on Sunday it was joyous how they screamed getting their non penalty which turned to silence when it was saved. When the Celtic players and Brenda went over to their supporters the final whistle the vitriol aimed at them was glorious! 

5 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Another Celtic supporter in Somerset! I met one managing a hotel! Pure glory hunter! That was the quietist Celtic support at Tynecastle on Sunday it was joyous how they screamed getting their non penalty which turned to silence when it was saved. When the Celtic players and Brenda went over to their supporters the final whistle the vitriol aimed at them was glorious! 

I live in Bath, but in Bristol there's loads of celtic supporters. Mind Bristol is just across the water from Ireland. My mate is originally from Dumbarton before he moved down to Wiltshire. So I'm sure that can be forgiven 😂

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I live in Bath, but in Bristol there's loads of celtic supporters. Mind Bristol is just across the water from Ireland. My mate is originally from Dumbarton before he moved down to Wiltshire. So I'm sure that can be forgiven 😂

Lovely city! This one is a Canadian who worked in Glasgow! As a missionary keep spreading the gospel of Heart of Midlothian a club and support with real soul! 😁

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Lovely city! This one is a Canadian who worked in Glasgow! As a missionary keep spreading the gospel of Heart of Midlothian a club and support with real soul! 😁

I stay near the hotel where WM saved hibs 🤭

132goals1958
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Why would anyone want to embarrass themselves like that. He comes over as a spoiled brat who has just been beaten by his little brother at snakes and ladders 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I stay near the hotel where WM saved hibs 🤭

There is always a downside! He should have ended their existence! 

Pasquale for King

Podcasters eh, ******s every single one of them. 
We really could’ve given them another 4 nil even with lower possession/shots/XGs. 

2 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

There is always a downside! He should have ended their existence! 

Especially after their antics during our administration. Feck them. 

Jambo in Bathgate
23 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Especially after their antics during our administration. Feck them. 

To true! 

leginten

Apologies if this has been asked and answered further up the thread, but when was the last time a Hearts player scored in three consecutive games against Celtic?

(Apart from LS, obviously.)

Luckies1874
31 minutes ago, leginten said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered further up the thread, but when was the last time a Hearts player scored in three consecutive games against Celtic?

(Apart from LS, obviously.)

Charlie Thomson scored in 6 consecutive games in 1901-02

Kyle Lafferty scored in 4 consecutive games in 2017-18

Danny Paton scored in 4 consecutive games in 1962

John Robertson scored in 3 consecutive in 85-86 

Willie Wallace scored in 3 consecutive games in 1966

Jimmy Wardaugh scored in 3 consecutive games in 1954 

Alex McCrae scored in 3 consecutive games in 1945

George Hamilton scored in 3 consecutive games in 1940

Luckies1874

Top scorers v Celtic. What a list! Underlines, like his derby record, Robbo’s absolute legendary status for some of the younger fans mind you! 

John Robertson 18

Jimmy Wardaugh 12 

Willie Wallace 11

Johnny Hamilton 9

Willie Bauld 9 

Colin Cameron 9 

Donald Ford 8 

Charlie Thomson 8

Bobby Walker 7 

Drew Busby 7 

Ian Crawford 7 

Alfie Conn 6 

Tommy Walker 6 

Lawrence Shankland 6 

leginten
14 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Charlie Thomson scored in 6 consecutive games in 1901-02

Kyle Lafferty scored in 4 consecutive games in 2017-18

Danny Paton scored in 4 consecutive games in 1962

John Robertson scored in 3 consecutive in 85-86 

Willie Wallace scored in 3 consecutive games in 1966

Jimmy Wardaugh scored in 3 consecutive games in 1954 

Alex McCrae scored in 3 consecutive games in 1945

George Hamilton scored in 3 consecutive games in 1940

Thanks for this. Hadn’t realised Robbo and Lafferty had both done it.

25 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Top scorers v Celtic. What a list! Underlines, like his derby record, Robbo’s absolute legendary status for some of the younger fans mind you! 

John Robertson 18

Jimmy Wardaugh 12 

Willie Wallace 11

Johnny Hamilton 9

Willie Bauld 9 

Colin Cameron 9 

Donald Ford 8 

Charlie Thomson 8

Bobby Walker 7 

Drew Busby 7 

Ian Crawford 7 

Alfie Conn 6 

Tommy Walker 6 

Lawrence Shankland 6 

Shanks joining some illustrious company. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shanks joining some illustrious company. 

Big time mate. That list is incredible. 

DesertDawg

"CELTIC winger Yang Hyun-Jun has learned his appeal fate following his red card at Hearts - and it's understood the Hoops have been left ASTONISHED by the outcome.

Referee Don Robertson upgraded his original yellow card to red on the advice of John Beaton on VAR after the South Korean winger caught the Jambos' Alex Cochrane in the face with a high boot during the Hoops' 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle on Sunday."

The only reason for them to be "ASTONISHED" is because, for once, the decision went against them.